PDA

View Full Version : Official 2013 Chattanooga, Who is laughing now? Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

blueballs
August 8th, 2013, 10:28 AM
UTC's defense is very good and while they aren't as good as NDSU they are up there and maybe just a step away.

Chattanooga has a great DE, very good DT, solid LB, and two pretty good DBs but they are not nearly as good as NDSU in terms of an entire unit. Chattanooga is a good defense and puts up good numbers overall but they are two big differences.

1. All 11 of NDSU's starters are very good players while just half of UTC's are stars.
2. NDSU has a solid 2nd string while UTC is very thin in terms of depth. There is a huge drop off from Lott to his backup but NDSU doesn't have quite the drop off on their unit.

Plus NDSU's players know how to win, expect to win, and win. There is no stat to quantify that except scoreboard and trophy case- neither of which Chatty has.

Are we really wasting our time comparing a SOCON also ran to one of the historically great FCS programs?

walliver
August 8th, 2013, 10:42 AM
It's an absolutely huge deal. Especially that UTC is producing it. This is not SS, it is CSS. While it may not be in as many households, it has a reputable college football brand, unlike SS.

The SoCon was on CSS before it was on SS, SS was a step up.
CSS's reputation is repeats of SEC games and the Gwinnett Braves.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Plus NDSU's players know how to win, expect to win, and win. There is no stat to quantify that except scoreboard and trophy case- neither of which Chatty has.

Are we really wasting our time comparing a SOCON also ran to one of the historically great FCS programs?

Eh, it's still a little fun.

Take Grant Olson for example. Kid was in the hospital with appendicitis the week of the NC game. Put off surgery to play. That takes more stones than UTC could ever show.

DJKyR0
August 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Really stepping up the insanity chattown, I like it.

ASUMountaineer
August 8th, 2013, 11:33 AM
And not to pour salt on any wounds :D , but if I recall correctly, NDSU only has 1 less win over Georgia Southern than Chatty does....tough to do considering you guys have been playing each other since 1984.

xlolx That's an amazing stat.

pike51
August 8th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Who cares? We are hosting CSS, we are running the entire broadcast. Read the article and cry me a river. David Blackburn is the man.

EXACTLY! WHO CARES?!?! Nobody gets CSS because Comcast sucks. And the people who do have Comcast will be too busy watching something on ESPN or ABC. Congratulations! You win the irrelevant broadcast award!

Jazzman1522
August 8th, 2013, 12:36 PM
EXACTLY! WHO CARES?!?! Nobody gets CSS because Comcast sucks. And the people who do have Comcast will be too busy watching something on ESPN or ABC. Congratulations! You win the irrelevant broadcast award!

See, until right there, I didn't know what CSS even stood for.

MSUBobcat
August 8th, 2013, 12:37 PM
It's an absolutely huge deal. Especially that UTC is producing it. This is not SS, it is CSS. While it may not be in as many households, it has a reputable college football brand, unlike SS.

If being on CSS for one game is a huge deal, MSU has a monstrous deal having 4 games on Root Sports which is available nationwide on both Directv and Dish Network, as well as cable networks. Good thing chattown put it in perspective for me, I hadn't realized how huge this is.

MSUBobcat
August 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM

+1. Had to google it. But come on guys, this is a HUGE DEAL!!!

DJKyR0
August 8th, 2013, 01:11 PM
If we're pimping TV schedules, can anyone here beat NDSU @ KSU, primetime Friday night and available to 90 million viewers [Fox Sports One]?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 01:15 PM
If we're pimping TV schedules, can anyone here beat NDSU @ KSU, primetime Friday night and available to 90 million viewers [Fox Sports One]?

Please the UTC produced CSS thing is way baller.

BisonFan02
August 8th, 2013, 01:15 PM

Dude...obviously CSS (wouldn't be the biggest reach in this thread). :D

eaglewraith
August 8th, 2013, 01:47 PM

http://www.troll.me/images/jackie-chan-whut/jackie-chan-whut.jpg

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Comcast is by far the largest television provider in the USA. CSS has a huge following in the southeast for its unparalleled and Emmy award winning college football coverage. Lots of people in the southeast watch the network in the southeast. Having a game on their produced by our school on the opening Thursday night is obviously huge for our school.

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I'd never heard of Fox Sports 1 until now honestly. I had no idea the speed channel had been replaced and never would look there for college football. But you can bet that if college football fans aren't too happy with what they are seeing from these lame ass SEC openers they will be checking out the Mocs infomercial.

pike51
August 8th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I'd never heard of Fox Sports 1 until now honestly. I had no idea the speed channel had been replaced and never would look there for college football. But you can bet that if college football fans aren't too happy with what they are seeing from these lame ass SEC openers they will be checking out the Mocs infomercial.

A Chatty fan calling anything SEC "lame ass" is just funny in itself.

fmrbearkat
August 8th, 2013, 02:17 PM

Actually comcast is number 7! Directv is far and away number 1!

http://top10links.com/cat.php/Arts%3ATelevision%3AProviders

smallcollegefbfan
August 8th, 2013, 02:27 PM

Fox Sports 1 is the new network Fox has started and will rival ESPN.

CSS has been around a while and to be honest other schools have had their games on there and while I live in the southeast I don't always get those games. Having a game on CSS is not that big of a deal. It's been nicknamed the Can't See S*** channel by most people I know. I'll have to check and see if I get all their games on DirecTV this year but I know the last few years I have not gotten it because I did not pay extra for it. You don't get it on cable around here. I don't live in Tennessee so if you do then you probably will but a lot of folks don't get it. CSS is not quite the big deal you are making it out to be. Plus, I think App and GSU fans won't really care because the Sun Belt has a TV deal with ESPN. If I had to pick between watching games I would much rather have my school on ESPN or ESPN2 or the new Fox Sports 1 channel than CSS. Now, I get the NBC Sports Network channels here where I am without paying extra and I do love those.

I can guarantee you SEC fans will be happy with what they see. The very best players in the southeast play in the SEC or at GT, Clemson, FSU, Miami, and UNC. Those hardcore fans won't watch FCS games. I'm not putting FCS down but your general football fan couldn't care less about anything but BCS football, many of them don't even care about the Sun Belt and MAC. It's just the way it often is.

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 02:29 PM

What is this link? Comcast has 23 million subscribers. Directv has around 17 million.

smallcollegefbfan
August 8th, 2013, 02:29 PM

No, it's not. Like Walliver said, GSU tried it. I'll bet you posting rights UTC abandons this within two years. It's more of a headache to do and Dish and DirecTV don't get it. I watch as many games as I can on TV and coach's tape but I guess I'll definitely be watching your ODK tape instead of TV because I, and most of those I know, have DirecTV and don't get CSS.

smallcollegefbfan
August 8th, 2013, 02:31 PM
If being on CSS for one game is a huge deal, MSU has a monstrous deal having 4 games on Root Sports which is available nationwide on both Directv and Dish Network, as well as cable networks. Good thing chattown put it in perspective for me, I hadn't realized how huge this is.

Exactly. Here is a funny stat. I live in the southeast and don't get CSS but I do get Root Sports. I watch all of your Big Sky games on Root. I love that channel!

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Fox Sports 1 is the new network Fox has started and will rival ESPN.

CSS has been around a while and to be honest other schools have had their games on there and while I live in the southeast I don't always get those games. Having a game on CSS is not that big of a deal. It's been nicknamed the Can't See S*** channel by most people I know. I'll have to check and see if I get all their games on DirecTV this year but I know the last few years I have not gotten it because I did not pay extra for it. You don't get it on cable around here. I don't live in Tennessee so if you do then you probably will but a lot of folks don't get it. CSS is not quite the big deal you are making it out to be. Plus, I think App and GSU fans won't really care because the Sun Belt has a TV deal with ESPN. If I had to pick between watching games I would much rather have my school on ESPN or ESPN2 or the new Fox Sports 1 channel than CSS. Now, I get the NBC Sports Network channels here where I am without paying extra and I do love those.

I can guarantee you SEC fans will be happy with what they see. The very best players in the southeast play in the SEC or at GT, Clemson, FSU, Miami, and UNC. Those hardcore fans won't watch FCS games. I'm not putting FCS down but your general football fan couldn't care less about anything but BCS football, many of them don't even care about the Sun Belt and MAC. It's just the way it often is.

It will not rival ESPN. That might be their goal, we all know that isn't going to happen.

It's amazing how the most important points can be glossed over by you idiots. WE ARE PRODUCING IT. Whatever we want on the broadcast is going to be on there, and if you read the article I posted you will see it is all about our school. CSS is a significant factor in the southeast whether anyone likes it or not.

bjtheflamesfan
August 8th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Comcast is by far the largest television provider in the USA. CSS has a huge following in the southeast for its unparalleled and Emmy award winning college football coverage. Lots of people in the southeast watch the network in the southeast. Having a game on their produced by our school on the opening Thursday night is obviously huge for our school.

DirecTVmight dispute your first sentence...You do also know that Most of their following is right in the heart of SEC country (where ESPN Plus' SEC Network resides and likely dwarfs CSS as far as reach and overall following)

DJKyR0
August 8th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I'd never heard of Fox Sports 1 until now honestly.

Well, I've never heard of CSS before now so we're even.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 02:38 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote.gif

ASUMountaineer

xnodx

smallcollegefbfan
It will not rival ESPN. That might be their goal, we all know that isn't going to happen.

It's amazing how the most important points can be glossed over by you idiots. WE ARE PRODUCING IT. Whatever we want on the broadcast is going to be on there, and if you read the article I posted you will see it is all about our school. CSS is a significant factor in the southeast whether anyone likes it or not.

It is their goal and to be honest Fox has a pretty good network. If they get a good team of on-air talent they will certainly be a legit competitor to ESPN in the next 5 years. It won't beat out ESPN but will certainly be heavily watched and I get it on my TV, which I can't say about CSS.

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 02:40 PM
No, it's not. Like Walliver said, GSU tried it. I'll bet you posting rights UTC abandons this within two years. It's more of a headache to do and Dish and DirecTV don't get it. I watch as many games as I can on TV and coach's tape but I guess I'll definitely be watching your ODK tape instead of TV because I, and most of those I know, have DirecTV and don't get CSS.

What did Georgia Southern try? This is one game. Did Georgia Southern have a deal with CSS to broadcast their games? Of course you don't get CSS if you have Dish. It stands for Comcast/Charter sports southeast. Its a cable channel.

smallcollegefbfan
ESPN might dispute your first sentence...

Exactly.

smallcollegefbfan
What did Georgia Southern try? This is one game. Did Georgia Southern have a deal with CSS to broadcast their games? Of course you don't get CSS if you have Dish. It stands for Comcast/Charter sports southeast. Its a cable channel.

I get many more games on satellite so I'll pass on cable. I wish Chattanooga would have a deal with ESPN or Fox Sports or NBC or ABC so I could watch them during the season. I'll just wait and get a few games after the season from some people I know and watch them that way. Shame I won't get to see Tull live unless I go to Finley Stadium and I doubt I'm going there this fall based on the schedule, unless Lott, Key and Dothard surprise scouts and are upgraded to PFA or draftable players thus making them a priority to go see live instead of just watch on tape.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Between FS1, ESPN3, and Fox College sports (as well as ESPN outlets during the playoffs), I think every NDSU game but one will be available to a nationwide audience.

That's what you get when you're a successful program.

bjtheflamesfan
August 8th, 2013, 02:43 PM
What is this link? Comcast has 23 million subscribers. Directv has around 17 million.

Actually...

As of December 2012, DirecTV had 35.56 million subscribers

Currently working to find total number of cable subscribers through Comcast (the first number I found is all services combined)

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 02:44 PM
ESPN might dispute your first sentence...

Comcast is a cable television provider. ESPN is a network. STFU

Jazzman1522
August 8th, 2013, 02:45 PM

Eastern Kentucky's got 4 games on ESPN3 this year. You hear that? Four suckers! After that, nobody's gonna remember that the SEC even plays football!

Hey! Don't you come in here and taint this discussion with your "facts."

ASUMountaineer
August 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM

Then you clearly don't watch a lot of sports, their advertisements are all over the sports stations currently.

The last part of your run-on sentence is absolutely awesome. Bravo.

ASUMountaineer
August 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM

Never heard of it. It's not offered in Charlotte, NC. Yup, all over the southeast. xlolx

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Then you clearly don't watch a lot of sports, their advertisements are all over the sport stations currently.

I watch all the time, I've never watched that channel. I may have seen an advertisement that wasn't at all memorable.

ASUMountaineer
August 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I watch all the time, I've never watched that channel. I may have seen an advertisement that wasn't at all memorable.

xlolx This is priceless...you're on a roll chattown. If you don't know about Fox Sports 1 (which hasn't debuted yet), then you don't watch a lot of sports. xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
While this is kind of a fun little exercise similar to a cat beating up a mouse after it's half dead, I don't want anyone thinking I seriously would compare an elite FCS program to a middle of the pack also ran.

ASUMountaineer
August 8th, 2013, 02:54 PM
While this is kind of a fun little exercise similar to a cat beating up a mouse after it's half dead, I don't want anyone thinking I seriously would compare an elite FCS program to a middle of the pack also ran.

No one will confuse NDSU for Chatty...that, I can promise you.

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Then you clearly don't watch a lot of sports, their advertisements are all over the sports stations currently.

charlotte is time warner cable.

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 02:57 PM
xlolx This is priceless...you're on a roll chattown. If you don't know about Fox Sports 1 (which hasn't debuted yet), then you don't watch a lot of sports. xthumbsupx

From what I read it debuted in March.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 02:58 PM

Didn't anyone tell you sniffing all that glue would affect your memory?

bjtheflamesfan
August 8th, 2013, 03:09 PM

Actually you would be incorrect,

On March 5, 2013, Fox Sports officially announced that it would relaunch Speed as Fox Sports 1, positioning the new channel in its announcement as a major competitor to ESPN, and featuring, just like its senior competitor, a wide array of major sports properties and daily programs of sports news, analysis, and discussion led by a variety of new faces and established Fox Sports personnel.

Fox Sports 1 will formally launch on Saturday August 17, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. ET with the first day including 16.5 hours of live sports coverage. Launch day will showcase the UFC with UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen which will include 5 hours of live UFC fights beginning at 5 PM ET and cap off with the premiere of Fox Sports Live following the conclusion of the event.

ASUMountaineer
August 8th, 2013, 03:20 PM
charlotte is time warner cable.

You don't even read what you're responding to. Kudos on that.

With that said, you're correct that there is no Comcast/Charter in Charlotte. Of course, Charlotte is in southeast, so...xlolx

ASUMountaineer
August 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsports1

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom//binary/2013/03/05/FSMG_Gives_Rise_to_FS11362504187129.pdf

FOX SPORTS MEDIA GROUP GIVES RISE TO FOX SPORTS 1,
A NEW NATIONAL MULTI-SPORT NETWORK
Officially Debuts Saturday, Aug. 17 in Over 90 Million Homes;
Biggest Sports Network Launch in History

GTFO xlolx

ASUMountaineer
August 8th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Does anyone think this will be chattown's grand finale thread? This thread will certainly certainly reach epic status. It's just disappointing that he hasn't made his way to CS yet. Between AZ and D1B, it may surpass Opie.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Does anyone think this will be chattown's grand finale thread? This thread will certainly certainly reach epic status. It's just disappointing that he hasn't made his way to CS yet. Between AZ and D1B, it may surpass Opie.

This is certainly HOF worthy

BisonFan02
August 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM

As a Bison fan...I'm not touching CS...haha.

bjtheflamesfan
August 8th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I think chattown actually was on CS at one point but got banned...I forget

MSUBobcat
August 8th, 2013, 04:10 PM

What Emmy awards has CSS won for college football coverage? I did only a cursory search and found 7 Southeast Regional Emmy nominations in May of 2009 for the following:

Sports program Feature/Segment - (1) Oreo Cookie Competition (seriously, I couldn't even make that up), (2) Braves Spring Training and (3)Evolution of Sports Night
Sports-Regularly scheduled daily or weekly program -(1) SportsNite-Live in Jacksonville and (2)SportsNite
Sporting Event/Game-Live/Unedited - Georgia High School Football-Quarter Finals
Photographer - Sports - This Round’s On Me

source: http://csssports.com/images/2009_emmy_nominations.pdf

For the most recent SE Regional Emmy's, CSS got one nomination (for Set Design). source: http://natassoutheast.tv/files/2013/04/2013WinnerList_v3.pdf

Maybe you can find proof of CSS's "unparalleled and Emmy award winning college football coverage"xeekx, but from what I saw, they are more known for Oreo Cookies and GA HS playoff football than anything to do with college football. Of course you can always use MPLS's defense quoted in my signature when backed into a corner regarding facts.xawesomex

MSUBobcat
August 8th, 2013, 04:19 PM

+1. I think anyone who's seen chattown's posts and knows of UTC seasonal meltdowns w/ NFL-calibre players knew this would be a HOF thread. If only we could get MPLS in here backing up some of chattown's fallacies. On second thought, that could make the entire internet implode, creating a black hole and ending life on earth. Best those 2 never join forces. :D

eaglewraith
August 8th, 2013, 04:21 PM

You act like you're the first school to ever produce their own game broadcast?

bjtheflamesfan
August 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Heck Liberty is producing its own freaking TV STATION...

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Bahaha this is rich. Georgia Southern and App state were so mad that the SOCON cancelled their regional tv deal but Chattanooga producing a game that will be broadcast on basic cable throughout much of the region is lame. GTFO!

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Chattanooga producing a game that will be broadcast on basic cable throughout much of the reason is lame.

FIFY (not the typo)

wapiti
August 8th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Here is one thing that Chattownmocs does do well.
He can get a discussion going. This thread is already up to 31 pages and going strong!!
xpopcornx
Good job Chatt.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Here is one thing that Chattownmocs does do well.
He can get a discussion going. This thread is already up to 31 pages and going strong!!
xpopcornx
Good job Chatt.

I know, right? We do have to make sure we keep this thread going when the season starts and his inevitable amber alert goes out.

bjtheflamesfan
August 8th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Lets wait and see if he can find the typo on his own

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Lets wait and see if he can find the typo on his own

If it really is a typo.

smallcollegefbfan
August 8th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Bahaha this is rich. Georgia Southern and App state were so mad that the SOCON cancelled their regional tv deal but Chattanooga producing a game that will be broadcast on basic cable throughout much of the region is lame. GTFO!

Where did they show they were mad? From the people I have talked to with both schools they couldn't care less about it. They are going FBS. If they truly cared, they would stay FCS. I can guarantee you GSU and App State are 100% happy right now while the SoCon is 100% happy to be able to bring schools more like the rest of the membership in the fold. Them moving up is best for those two programs and will allow the SoCon to further implant schools in their membership that fit their model for the ideal Southern Conference institution.

Laker
August 8th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I know, right? We do have to make sure we keep this thread going when the season starts and his inevitable amber alert goes out.

I think Amber is calling now.......

http://images.toocharger.com/img/graphiques/fonds_d_ecran/celebrites_femmes/amber_michaels/amber_michaels.40996.jpg

Southern Bison
August 8th, 2013, 11:32 PM

I would expect it to be more of a Silver Alert...they are the announcements for the Alzheimer & dymentia patients that have wandered off the reservatoin.

ASUMountaineer
August 9th, 2013, 07:25 AM

xlolx Phenomenal...keep up the good work, and I'll keep looking for Comcast to be broadcast in Charlotte--you know, since it's all over the southeast.

pike51
August 9th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I think Amber is calling now.......

http://images.toocharger.com/img/graphiques/fonds_d_ecran/celebrites_femmes/amber_michaels/amber_michaels.40996.jpg

Can someone give her my number please? Thanks! :)

pike51
August 9th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I think this picture sums up the quality of this entire thread...

http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/08/08/28778/s1200_dick_bear_punch.jpg

Southern Bison
August 9th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I think this picture sums up the quality of this entire thread...

http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/08/08/28778/s1200_dick_bear_punch.jpg

Grizo, why would you do that to a fellow UM fan?

dbackjon
August 9th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Get to the playoffs, then come back to me

PaladinFan
August 9th, 2013, 01:13 PM
There are already 318 posts to this thread and Chattanooga hasn't even lost yet.

smallcollegefbfan
August 9th, 2013, 01:32 PM
xlolx Phenomenal...keep up the good work, and I'll keep looking for Comcast to be broadcast in Charlotte--you know, since it's all over the southeast.

Yeah it's not like Charlotte isn't a big city in the south. CSS is in Greenville, Atlanta, and Knoxville, thus hitting a lot of homes in those areas but if you don't live in Greenville, Atlanta, or Tennessee there is a 25% chance you actually get CSS. However, I'm sure people in those areas will turn off UT, GT, and Clemson games just to watch that mighty UTC defense.

According to sources, I heard they beat Alabama in a super secret scrimmage last week. You won't find it on the internet because the media is covering for the Tide but I'm told by NFL scouts that UTC has 8 draft picks on defense, the best defense in college football, best QB in college football, and their OL pushed Bama around like a bunch of dolls.

chattownmocs
August 9th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Tight End preview

Featuring one of the top pass catching tight ends in America, Faysaal Shafaat.

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=88679&SPID=10577&DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&ATCLID=209004360&DB_OEM_ID=17700

pike51
August 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Did someone say tight end?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PZZqMXjYGz4/SxfvLTldnzI/AAAAAAAAAAM/10FXhwaJZKE/s1600/Brazilian%2BButt%2Bat%2BBeach.jpg

chattownmocs
August 9th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Freshman Borishade making his case for playing time.

http://nooga.com/162897/mocs-borishade-making-his-case-for-playing-time-in-2013/

ASUMountaineer
August 9th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Yeah it's not like Charlotte isn't a big city in the south. CSS is in Greenville, Atlanta, and Knoxville, thus hitting a lot of homes in those areas but if you don't live in Greenville, Atlanta, or Tennessee there is a 25% chance you actually get CSS. However, I'm sure people in those areas will turn off UT, GT, and Clemson games just to watch that mighty UTC defense.

According to sources, I heard they beat Alabama in a super secret scrimmage last week. You won't find it on the internet because the media is covering for the Tide but I'm told by NFL scouts that UTC has 8 draft picks on defense, the best defense in college football, best QB in college football, and their OL pushed Bama around like a bunch of dolls.

This tells me that your info is correct.

"Mini Tebow" is the best QB in college football, and it's not even close. The word on the street in the Carolinas is that while many QB's are scared of Jadeveon Clowney, Clowney is actually scared to death of "Mini Tebow," and thanks baby Jesus daily that USC avoided the UTC juggernaut this season.

Jazzman1522
August 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM
This tells me that your info is correct.

"Mini Tebow" is the best QB in college football, and it's not even close. The word on the street in the Carolinas is that while many QB's are scared of Jadeveon Clowney, Clowney is actually scared to death of "Mini Tebow," and thanks baby Jesus daily that USC avoided the UTC juggernaut this season.

I actually heard that the real reason App State and GSU moved to the Sun Belt is that they got tired of getting thumped by UTC every year. Safety issues and what not. I haven't been able to corroborate my sources though. It's the darndest thing...

pike51
August 9th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I actually heard that the real reason App State and GSU moved to the Sun Belt is that they got tired of getting thumped by UTC every year. Safety issues and what not. I haven't been able to corroborate my sources though. It's the darndest thing...

Partially true. Truth is, both schools realize their dominance of the SoCon was over and that Chatty is the new king of the barnyard. Wofford should have taken notice as well but Mike Ayers is too damn stubborn. Perhaps after 2 or 3 years of looking at Chatty's backside, they will try to move down to D2.

Take note NDSU... your run is over. Chatty is on top and isn't going to move!

SUPharmacist
August 9th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Partially true. Truth is, both schools realize their dominance of the SoCon was over and that Chatty is the new king of the barnyard. Wofford should have taken notice as well but Mike Ayers is too damn stubborn. Perhaps after 2 or 3 years of looking at Chatty's backside, they will try to move down to D2.

Take note NDSU... your run is over. Chatty is on top and isn't going to move!

I'm just praying Chatanooga moves up in the next 5 years, then NDSU might get another chance.

bjtheflamesfan
August 9th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Tight End preview

Featuring one of the top pass catching tight ends in America, Faysaal Shafaat.

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=88679&SPID=10577&DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&ATCLID=209004360&DB_OEM_ID=17700

I think there is a fellow from Southern Illinois who wants to say hello and would dispute your claim: http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mycole_pruitt_687106.html

fmrbearkat
August 9th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Who else is worried about chattown going on a shooting rampage if this years loaded Mocs don't make the playoffs?? Might be beneficial to get him in to a therapists now!!

Professor Chaos
August 9th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Chattanooga's defense is the reason Waldo is hiding. Chattanooga's defense can also touch MC Hammer. Chuck Norris would be a 4th string LB if he was on Chattanooga's defense.

Laker
August 9th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Chattanooga's defense is the reason Waldo is hiding. Chattanooga's defense can also touch MC Hammer. Chuck Norris would be a 4th string LB if he was on Chattanooga's defense.

This is what their defense will be wearing this fall.

http://aetv.auction.seenon.com/images/au/HammerPants_MAIN.jpg

smallcollegefbfan
August 9th, 2013, 07:06 PM

Interesting. I was told by all 32 NFL GMs they are coming to UTC to check out all of their draft picks and a trade is being worked out for BJ Coleman in which a team is going to give up a first-round pick because he was clearly a top rated QB and the teams just all missed out on draft day.

UMASS, Georgia State, App State, Georgia Southern, Texas State, South Alabama, and Charlotte have or are moving up because they are afraid of the loaded UTC team we are about to see.

BisonFan02
August 9th, 2013, 10:08 PM
I think it goes without saying.....but can we make this thing a sticky? :D

BisonFan02
August 9th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Interesting. I was told by all 32 NFL GMs they are coming to UTC to check out all of their draft picks and a trade is being worked out for BJ Coleman in which a team is going to give up a first-round pick because he was clearly a top rated QB and the teams just all missed out on draft day.

UMASS, Georgia State, App State, Georgia Southern, Texas State, South Alabama, and Charlotte have or are moving up because they are afraid of the loaded UTC team we are about to see.

Looks like 7-0 to me! :D That would make the Bison 13-3 against FBS opponents since moving up.

Southern Bison
August 9th, 2013, 10:15 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17980&d=1376105710

chattownmocs
August 9th, 2013, 11:21 PM
I think there is a fellow from Southern Illinois who wants to say hello and would dispute your claim: http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mycole_pruitt_687106.html

Trust me, if I thought Shafaat was THE very best in the nation, I would not say "one of."

Apphole
August 9th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Trust me, if I thought Shafaat was THE very best in the nation, I would not say "one of."

Because you never use hyperbole. xsmiley_wix

seantaylor
August 10th, 2013, 01:23 AM

Isn't that thug suspended?

chattownmocs
August 10th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Isn't that thug suspended?

The guy was found past out drunk and naked in his car and what you come up with is "thug"? You truly are an idiot. I think of a lot of things for this situation, but I wouldn't put it in the "thug" category. That is the best you can come up with?

catamount man
August 10th, 2013, 10:23 AM
All I gotta say is cocaine is one hell of a drug.

walliver
August 10th, 2013, 10:59 AM

Yes, GSU tried it for a couple of years with self-produced games, and they later abandoned the effort. In fact one of the GSU CSS games I watched was GSU against Chatty and Tracy Ham was doing the color commentary and was unable to pronounce "Tennessee"and "Chattanooga" in the same sentence, calling it UT-Chattasee.

Your game may get some interest among SoCon/OVC fans in Tennessee, but is going head-to-head against South Carolina-North Carolina and probably won't draw much interest in the Carolinas.

bjtheflamesfan
August 10th, 2013, 11:39 AM
The guy was found past out drunk and naked in his car and what you come up with is "thug"? You truly are an idiot. I think of a lot of things for this situation, but I wouldn't put it in the "thug" category. That is the best you can come up with?

Ya might want to consult your dictionary there broskie

chattownmocs
August 10th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Yes, GSU tried it for a couple of years with self-produced games, and they later abandoned the effort. In fact one of the GSU CSS games I watched was GSU against Chatty and Tracy Ham was doing the color commentary and was unable to pronounce "Tennessee"and "Chattanooga" in the same sentence, calling it UT-Chattasee.

Your game may get some interest among SoCon/OVC fans in Tennessee, but is going head-to-head against South Carolina-North Carolina and probably won't draw much interest in the Carolinas.

Fine! No big deal, I get it. The broadcast isn't going to be a problem. Jim Reynolds is damn good. If no one cares, no one cares. I will enjoy the rebroadcasts, as I will be at the game. Tried and True Blue!

bjtheflamesfan
August 10th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Fine! No big deal, I get it. The broadcast isn't going to be a problem. Jim Reynolds is damn good. If no one cares, no one cares. I will enjoy the rebroadcasts, as I will be at the game. Tried and True Blue!
If no one cares (and the ratings reflect that), you may be looking at a 1-2 year experiment

Southern Bison
August 10th, 2013, 08:51 PM
The new avatar for Chattownmocs reads "Tried, true, blue"...which has to mean for him = "I tried, it's true, they're blue".

chattownmocs
August 10th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Saturday Scrimmage recap

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&ATCLID=209041563&DB_OEM_ID=17700

PaladinFan
August 11th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Saturday Scrimmage recap

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&ATCLID=209041563&DB_OEM_ID=17700

The stats show Terrell Robinson had 6 passing attempts (unsurprisingly, he only completed two), 1 reception, and 6 rushes.

When are the UTC coaches going to get it that Robinson is a receiver? He's not a running back. He's not a quarterback. It's like they want to continue to let their offense waste a good defense and keep their program mired in mediocrity.

chattownmocs
August 11th, 2013, 08:15 AM
The stats show Terrell Robinson had 6 passing attempts (unsurprisingly, he only completed two), 1 reception, and 6 rushes.

When are the UTC coaches going to get it that Robinson is a receiver? He's not a running back. He's not a quarterback. It's like they want to continue to let their offense waste a good defense and keep their program mired in mediocrity.

He's probably a top 5 QB in the SOCON and anyone can see that he can run the ball. You don't know what you are talking about.

chattownmocs
August 11th, 2013, 08:23 AM
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/23102215/mocs-shine-and-struggle-in-first-scrimmage?DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&DB_OEM_ID=17700

Got some scrimmage video in this one.

smallcollegefbfan
August 11th, 2013, 09:37 AM
He's probably a top 5 QB in the SOCON and anyone can see that he can run the ball. You don't know what you are talking about.

If he were that good they would play him at QB instead of moving him back to WR. Glad to see Lott and Huesman are doing well. They are going to be key for Chattanooga.

chattownmocs
August 11th, 2013, 10:09 AM
If he were that good they would play him at QB instead of moving him back to WR. Glad to see Lott and Huesman are doing well. They are going to be key for Chattanooga.

He is the backup QB as well as a starting WR.

eaglewraith
August 11th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Nice to see Chatty trying so hard to be us.

First the TRY to steal "Whose House?" (they spelled it Who's House btw), now they're using True Blue as part of a campaign for fan involvement. Awesome.

chattownmocs
August 11th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Nice to see Chatty trying so hard to be us.

First the TRY to steal "Whose House?" (they spelled it Who's House btw), now they're using True Blue as part of a campaign for fan involvement. Awesome.

That's rich. A program that has been around for 30 years is accusing a program that has been around for over a century of stealing tradition??? I laughed hard. Nothing you guys have is original. It is all a complete rip off of other programs. Mainly Georgia and Auburn(where you ripped this slogan off) However Chattanooga's campaign for the home opener is "tried and true blue." Why don't you take your busted ass poser program on somewhere already?

bjtheflamesfan
August 11th, 2013, 04:19 PM

I agree with SCFBF. Robinson's best bet to even get a look from pro scouts is at WR. He may be a top 5 BACKUP QB, but the numbers (which you again fail to produce to back up your assertion chattown) would not put him in the top 5 among QBs overall

bjtheflamesfan
August 11th, 2013, 04:23 PM
That's rich. A program that has been around for 30 years is accusing a program that has been around for over a century of stealing tradition??? I laughed hard. Nothing you guys have is original. It is all a complete rip off of other programs. Mainly Georgia and Auburn(where you ripped this slogan off) However Chattanooga's campaign for the home opener is "tried and true blue." Why don't you take your busted ass poser program on somewhere already?

They have taken it somewhere...all over your beloved Mocs to the tune of 22-4 in 26 meetings (including 10-3 combined in both of UTC's houses)...and will make it 11 this year on the way to FBS

bjtheflamesfan
August 11th, 2013, 04:24 PM

They have taken it somewhere...all over your beloved Mocs to the tune of 22-4 in 26 meetings (including 10-3 combined in both of UTC's houses)...and will make it 11 this year on the way to FBS

chattownmocs
August 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I agree with SCFBF. Robinson's best bet to even get a look from pro scouts is at WR. He may be a top 5 BACKUP QB, but the numbers (which you again fail to produce to back up your assertion chattown) would not put him in the top 5 among QBs overall

Actually his numbers would put him in the neighborhood. he has very solid passing numbers. Once again, you probably have never watched a chattanooga game. You think every back up in this league is worse than every starter?

chattownmocs
August 11th, 2013, 04:51 PM

They are playing in Chattanooga this year? That's news to me reject.

bjtheflamesfan
August 11th, 2013, 05:03 PM
No they are playing in Statesboro (I didnt mention that because I figured you would be smart enough to see that on your own...apparently I was mistaken)

chattownmocs
August 11th, 2013, 05:53 PM
No they are playing in Statesboro (I didnt mention that because I figured you would be smart enough to see that on your own...apparently I was mistaken)

So how are they going to win their 11th game in Chattanooga reject? why are you so slow?

bjtheflamesfan
August 11th, 2013, 06:07 PM
They won't...but they will make it a bakers dozen in Statesboro.

I will say that my mind is a bit distracted because I do have a 10 week old son that I do have to take care of (Those on the board that are parents can empathize) not to mention Im in the final two weeks before the premiere of my brand new radio show (I have a thread about it in the Other Sports section).

blueballs
August 11th, 2013, 06:28 PM
He is the backup QB as well as a starting WR.

...which means if something happens to Junior two positions are weakened, not just one.

fmrbearkat
August 11th, 2013, 08:41 PM
...which means if something happens to Junior two positions are weakened, not just one.

He's so amazing that he will be able to throw it and catch it himself and make both positions better!!! He will be the 2nd quarterback drafted by New England and beat Tom Brady out!! Huesman will be the the first and both will be first ballot hall of famers!

seantaylor
August 12th, 2013, 12:59 AM

He's nowhere near a top 5 QB. Top 15 is very arguable.

PaladinFan
August 12th, 2013, 05:20 AM
I'm sorry, Robinson is not a top 5 quarterback. By that measure, two of the top five SoCon quarterbacks would play at UTC, which would belie the fact that their offense was one of the league's worst. Hard to argue that one team has two of the league's best QBs yet inexlicably have tons of trouble scoring touchdowns.

I'm not arguing Robinson isn't a good athlete. However, UTC wastes possessions with him at quarterback. Robinson is a better runner than Huseman, but cannot do anything more at quarterback in the passing game than the guy they have as a starter. By putting Robinson at QB, UTC takes away their best passer and best receiver every single time.

Let's put it like this. UTC's coaches are dedicated to this notion of a dual quarterback system, but their offense is among the SoCon's worst. Why not make the logical change and put your best players in their best positions?

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I'm sorry, Robinson is not a top 5 quarterback. By that measure, two of the top five SoCon quarterbacks would play at UTC, which would belie the fact that their offense was one of the league's worst. Hard to argue that one team has two of the league's best QBs yet inexlicably have tons of trouble scoring touchdowns.

I'm not arguing Robinson isn't a good athlete. However, UTC wastes possessions with him at quarterback. Robinson is a better runner than Huseman, but cannot do anything more at quarterback in the passing game than the guy they have as a starter. By putting Robinson at QB, UTC takes away their best passer and best receiver every single time.

Let's put it like this. UTC's coaches are dedicated to this notion of a dual quarterback system, but their offense is among the SoCon's worst. Why not make the logical change and put your best players in their best positions?

Exactly. Plus, I don't think he has seen the App and GSU backup QBs. Both of their backups are better than Robinson and then Huesman is better than Robinson as well as Jackson at App and McKinnon at GSU. That is 5 better than him right off the bat and I didn't even mention Dupree, who is better than him, or Furman's QB who is better than him. I think you could logically say Robinson is 8th-10th at best.

PaladinFan
August 12th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Exactly. Plus, I don't think he has seen the App and GSU backup QBs. Both of their backups are better than Robinson and then Huesman is better than Robinson as well as Jackson at App and McKinnon at GSU. That is 5 better than him right off the bat and I didn't even mention Dupree, who is better than him, or Furman's QB who is better than him. I think you could logically say Robinson is 8th-10th at best.

I think that is the logical response. I have a hard time believing that Robinson is a better quarterback than Reese Hannon. Hannon completed 130 more passes for 1500 more yards than Robinson in 2012.

Again, the guy is an athlete. He's a dangerous player with the ball in his hands. UTC just uses him as a wildcat who can sorta throw the football. That is not an offense. That is a gimmick. It doesn't work long term (which is evidenced by UTC's offensive inconsistencies).

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 09:51 AM

What in the hell you are talking about. Of course they can have 2 QBs in the 5 and struggle. Obviously they are only as good as the good as the guy who is out there. If your Oline is near the bottom and your RB production is the worst, you will struggle. There is obviously an argument for Robinson here. There is definitely an argument that Robinson is better than Huesman. A lot of people believe that around here, it certainly hasn't been disproven.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 09:57 AM

You truly are an absolute idiot. "Im a scout, App State and Georgia Southern's backups are better." Who the hell is App State's backup. Please STFU! Youyoute is a better QB than Terrell Robinson? I laughed hard. That guy is decent at what they do, hes not better than Terrell Robinson at any position, especially not QB.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I think that is the logical response. I have a hard time believing that Robinson is a better quarterback than Reese Hannon. Hannon completed 130 more passes for 1500 more yards than Robinson in 2012.

Again, the guy is an athlete. He's a dangerous player with the ball in his hands. UTC just uses him as a wildcat who can sorta throw the football. That is not an offense. That is a gimmick. It doesn't work long term (which is evidenced by UTC's offensive inconsistencies).

Don't be ridiculous, Hannon would have never seen the field if Furman had Huesman or Robinson. Never! If you don't understand that, then I cant help you. Robinson's career passing numbers are significantly more efficient. I'm not saying he is a better passer but as an overall QB, and a football player, give us all a break.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 12th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Why is no one recognizing the greatest 6 win team of all time?

bjtheflamesfan
August 12th, 2013, 11:07 AM

You truly are an absolute idiot. "Im a scout, App State and Georgia Southern's backups are better." Who the hell is App State's backup. Please STFU! Youyoute is a better QB than Terrell Robinson? I laughed hard. That guy is decent at what they do, hes not better than Terrell Robinson at any position, especially not QB.

Having looked at the numbers I will say that due to the largely inequitable sample sizes, you can't definitively say whether or not Robinson is better than App State's backup (Logan Hallock 6 career games 21 pass attempts), and due to the differing offensive styles you can't fully compare him to GaSou's backup (Ezaiyi (sp?) Youyoute). Additionally, You can't state absolutely that Hannon would have never seen the field at UTC. The only people who could have made that decision are Coach Huesman and his staff. He could have played there if the coaches felt that his play and skill set would have shown to be a proper fit within the confines of the offensive system and philosophy of the HC and OC and that he showed himself to be superior to the others at his position on the practice field in their view.

PaladinFan
August 12th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Don't be ridiculous, Hannon would have never seen the field if Furman had Huesman or Robinson. Never! If you don't understand that, then I cant help you. Robinson's career passing numbers are significantly more efficient. I'm not saying he is a better passer but as an overall QB, and a football player, give us all a break.

I sometimes wonder if you have any idea what you are talking about.

Robinson was underwhelming in every statistical comparisons for quarterback. He made #10 in the conference in yards per game passing (at a whopping 29.6), a number which ignores that there are three teams in the conference that barely throw the ball at all. Robinson also was underwhelming as a receiver. He was not in the top five in any of the top receiver categories. I mean, you may have a really broad definition of a great "overall quarterback," but my definition is a guy that is a good field general, completes passes, throws touchdowns, wins games. Robinson doesn't do any of those.

Here's the deal. UTC has perhaps the most dynamic athlete in the conference, and they refuse to let him help them win. He doesn't get the ball enough to be a good quarterback. He plays quarterback too much to be a good receiver. He runs the ball out of the wildcat, which has time and again shown not to be an offensive system, but merely a gimmick.

You can point to a bunch of reasons why UTC's offense is stagnant. Hannon put up better passing numbers than Huseman despite having a much younger and experienced cast around him. Those are just excuses. I've watched UTC enough to see that one of the reasons they struggle offensively is because they take their best athlete and do not put him in a position to have the greatest effect. They would rather him be mediocre at several positions instead of great at one.

ASUMountaineer
August 12th, 2013, 11:17 AM

xlolx If GSU has a "busted-ass, poser program" I'd hate to see what you call UT-C's.

ASUMountaineer
August 12th, 2013, 11:17 AM

xlolx

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 11:18 AM
What in the hell you are talking about. Of course they can have 2 QBs in the 5 and struggle. Obviously they are only as good as the good as the guy who is out there. If your Oline is near the bottom and your RB production is the worst, you will struggle. There is obviously an argument for Robinson here. There is definitely an argument that Robinson is better than Huesman. A lot of people believe that around here, it certainly hasn't been disproven.

Yeah but you said UTC's OL is better than GSU's. So how can they have an elite OL and 2 elite QBs but struggle then? You say Terrell Robinson is one of the best WRs. YOU said UTC has a lot of talent and should win the league this year. You can't use the OL argument because, as you said, they are better than GSU's OL. Not your words, mine.

Grizalltheway
August 12th, 2013, 11:19 AM

I'd also like to know why no one is recognizing the greatest 5 win team of all time: the 2012 Montana Grizzlies.xsmhxxsmhx

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM

I'm not the one everyone on this board laughs and mocks. You are. You said Kimbrough was fat and slow YET he ran a verified 4.56 40 by NFL scouts, which is better than average for a NFL starter. The pot calling the kettle black on this one. App ran all over UTC's elite OL and 2 elite QBs and that elite defense yet you claim UTC is the best team in the league. The only reason we keep coming back to this thread is because we will all miss you when you aren't anywhere to be found by October 1st.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Having looked at the numbers I will say that due to the largely inequitable sample sizes, you can't definitively say whether or not Robinson is better than App State's backup (Logan Hallock 6 career games 21 pass attempts), and due to the differing offensive styles you can't fully compare him to GaSou's backup (Ezaiyi (sp?) Youyoute). Additionally, You can't state absolutely that Hannon would have never seen the field at UTC. The only people who could have made that decision are Coach Huesman and his staff. He could have played there if the coaches felt that his play and skill set would have shown to be a proper fit within the confines of the offensive system and philosophy of the HC and OC and that he showed himself to be superior to the others at his position on the practice field in their view.

Hallock isn't the backup I'm talking about. They have a QB better than him who did not play last year. App may have 3 QBs better or just as good as Robinson.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 11:22 AM

Robinson was underwhelming in every statistical comparisons for quarterback. He made #10 in the conference in yards per game passing (at a whopping 29.6), a number which ignores that there are three teams in the conference that barely throw the ball at all. Robinson also was underwhelming as a receiver. He was not in the top five in any of the top receiver categories. I mean, you may have a really broad definition of a great "overall quarterback," but my definition is a guy that is a good field general, completes passes, throws touchdowns, wins games. Robinson doesn't do any of those.

Here's the deal. UTC has perhaps the most dynamic athlete in the conference, and they refuse to let him help them win. He doesn't get the ball enough to be a good quarterback. He plays quarterback too much to be a good receiver. He runs the ball out of the wildcat, which has time and again shown not to be an offensive system, but merely a gimmick.

You can point to a bunch of reasons why UTC's offense is stagnant. Hannon put up better passing numbers than Huseman despite having a much younger and experienced cast around him. Those are just excuses. I've watched UTC enough to see that one of the reasons they struggle offensively is because they take their best athlete and do not put him in a position to have the greatest effect. They would rather him be mediocre at several positions instead of great at one.

Everyone at Subway thinks he knows what he is doing. They call him the stat machine there! Give him a break. We love ribbing him but hey nobody provides more entertainment than him on this board. I think he does a good job of making us laugh for a 15 year old.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 11:23 AM
xlolx If GSU has a "busted-ass, poser program" I'd hate to see what you call UT-C's.

Yeah because those posers slapped around the elite Mocs who just beat Alabama in a scrimmage. It just makes no sense to me that Alabama beat GSU yet UTC beat Alabama and GSU beat UTC.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Yeah but you said UTC's OL is better than GSU's. So how can they have an elite OL and 2 elite QBs but struggle then? You say Terrell Robinson is one of the best WRs. YOU said UTC has a lot of talent and should win the league this year. You can't use the OL argument because, as you said, they are better than GSU's OL. Not your words, mine.

No I didn't, I said Chattanooga's Dline was better than Georgia Southern's Oline. Stop bull****ting.

cmaxwellgsu
August 12th, 2013, 12:22 PM
No I didn't, I said Chattanooga's Dline was better than Georgia Southern's Oline. Stop bull****ting.

22-4. Soon to be 23.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 12:25 PM

Robinson had 37 catches in the last 6 games. He came on strong at WR, while paying QB.

Reese Hannon did not have better passing numbers than Huesman, not even close. Slightly more yards, far less completion percentage, 6 less Tds 3 more ints. In what world are those better numbers?

Huesman also ended up with 904 net rushing yards and 7 tds. While Hannon lost 50 yards on the ground.

GATA
August 12th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Robinson had 37 catches in the last 6 games. He came on strong at WR, while paying QB.

Reese Hannon did not have better passing numbers than Huesman, not even close. Slightly more yards, far less completion percentage, 6 less Tds 3 more ints. In what world are those better numbers?

Huesman also ended up with 904 net rushing yards and 7 tds. While Hannon lost 50 yards on the ground.

I'm gonna give UTC the credit they deserve.

They're the best mediocre team I've ever seen. They look really good (and are very exciting) while accomplishing nothing.

They're essentially the Michigan State or Texas Tech of the SOCON. Always a bridesmaid.

pike51
August 12th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Based on the opinions of each teams fans respectively, the UTC vs GA State game is going to be the greatest football game in the history of football! According to the most recent interpretation of the Mayan calendar, the world might end that day.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 12th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Based on the opinions of each teams fans respectively, the UTC vs GA State game is going to be the greatest football game in the history of football! According to the most recent interpretation of the Mayan calendar, the world might end that day.

It shall forever be known as the Delusions of Grandeur bowl.

PaladinFan
August 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM

What happens when the unstoppable force and the immovable object are the same thing?

pike51
August 12th, 2013, 01:32 PM
What happens when the unstoppable force and the immovable object are the same thing?

Steve Buscemi rides a nuclear warhead in outer space?

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM

No you said you had one of the best OLs in the SoCon returning this year when I said Revis was the only one on it that should be considered All-SoCon.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 02:11 PM
No you said you had one of the best OLs in the SoCon returning this year when I said Revis was the only one on it that should be considered All-SoCon.

Never happened. STFU

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Never happened. STFU

Others probably remember it as well. You said your OL would be a strength. If you are admitting your OL is not very good, then you do realize that is a big piece to being successful. How can you say that UTC will win a lot of games if your OL is not good? This makes no sense.

Show me a SoCon champion who had an awful OL with nobody on the All-SoCon team? There isn't one. You are contradicting yourself if you are claiming your OL is among the best in the SoCon. I would have put UTC's OL about 5th or 6th among SoCon teams last year. That, QB, and coaching calls at times were the biggest reasons why I thought you guys were an average team. One thing I'll give you credit for is that the defense is pretty good. If you guys give up more than 17 points a game this year something is wrong.

MSUBobcat
August 12th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Never happened. STFU

Do your parents know you are on the internet continuously saying STFU and GTFO? I'm guessing you'd be grounded and have your computer privileges taken away, so I hope they don't find out. We'd lose an incredible source of entertainment. xlolx

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Yes you said your OL would be a strength this year. You said your OL would be top notch. If you are admitting your OL is not very good, then you do realize that is a big piece to being successful. How can you say that UTC will win a lot of games if your OL is not good? This makes no sense.

Okay, you are saying your OL is not that good. Show me a SoCon champion who had an awful OL with nobody on the All-SoCon team? There isn't one. You are contradicting yourself.

Hey, reject. I know what you are referring to. At the time you couldn't tell the difference between an O and a D, it's not my problem. I'm getting tired of you making stuff up. You are a terrible scout. You are nothing but a homer App State fan. You don't know anything about football. You are a loser. No one cares about your opinions, and if they do, they are stupid.

You don't have to be great at every position, to have a championship caliber team. The fact that you seem to think you do shows just how ignorant you are about the game. Chattanooga's Oline was bad last year and they were 2 overtime losses away from an outright conference title. App State's defense was pathetic and they won a conference championship. NDSU QB is awful and they won back to back national titles.

bjtheflamesfan
August 12th, 2013, 02:36 PM

Considering that they allowed 467 yards of total offense and made 0 sacks when they met straight up last year, I think its safe to say that GaSou's O-line is better than UTC's D-line

(link to box score just so chattown doesnt think I pulled it out of left field. Thanks to the UTC site for the information: http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2012/utc1027.htm#GAME.TEM)

NoDak 4 Ever
August 12th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Never happened. STFU

Good thing the lunch rush is over, he can get back to posting.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Considering that they allowed 467 yards of total offense and made 0 sacks when they met straight up last year, I think its safe to say that GaSou's O-line is better than UTC's D-line

(link to box score just so chattown doesnt think I pulled it out of left field. Thanks to the UTC site for the information: http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2012/utc1027.htm#GAME.TEM)

Completely false as always

bobcathpdevil56
August 12th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Absolutely epic. Making professional development day way more interesting.

MSUBobcat
August 12th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Completely false as always

I wouldn't say COMPLETELY false. BJ mistyped the total yards as 467 instead of 427 which isn't that much of a change. Also, 372 of the yards and 5 TD's were via the ground game, and UTC did in fact have 0 sacks, so its fairly obvious whose line was better. I'll give you a hint... it wasn't UTC's D-Line.xnodx

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't say COMPLETELY false. BJ mistyped the total yards as 467 instead of 427 which isn't that much of a change. Also, 372 of the yards and 5 TD's were via the ground game, and UTC did in fact have 0 sacks, so its fairly obvious whose line was better. I'll give you a hint... it wasn't UTC's D-Line.xnodx

427 yards on 81 plays in 3 OTs to be exact. Davis Tull did have a sack, against the triple option. 27 tackles between Tull and Lott alone. Most of their yards were from their ball carriers making the plays Chattanooga's Dline absolutely destroyed their Oline, there is absolutely no doubt about it.

bjtheflamesfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Ok ok...only 427 yards...

2011: allowed 383 yards allowed and again 0 sacks http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2011/utc1008.htm
2010 (a rare Mocs victory in the series): 391 yards allowed and 1 sack http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2010/utc1016.htm

So in the last three meetings, the vaunted UTC defense (led by a D-line that is supposed to be better than GaSou's O-Line) allowed 1,201 yards of offense, 94 points (do the math...its not hard) and made 1 sack and somehow, with four all conference selections (the same number as GaSou had on the offensive line) the last three seasons, UTC's D-line is better than GaSou's offensive line...oh and had zero takeaways too...thats what youre seriously saying...even though the boxscores (supplied from your school's website btw) show otherwise?

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Instead of posting asinine tuff, how about just looking at the highlights. You can see how Georgia Southern gained their yardage.

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=17700&id=1076627&ATCLID=&SPSID=88681&SPID=10577&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&DB_OEM_ID=17700

blueballs
August 12th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I was at the GSU/Chatty game last October and Chatty could have won, no doubt about it. To state that their d-line dominated GSU is dishonest because they couldn't get the stops when they needed to for the win. Tull was great for Chatty but McKinnon made the big plays when it counted and willed his team to victory.

As for Chatty springing for television for their games.... to quote Willie Edwards, "Good luck to ya." It must be incredibly painful to know that GSU got more national publicity for their program and university in 3 minutes last night than Chatty will this entire season- perhaps in the entire existance of their program.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/52731207/#52731207

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Hey, reject. I know what you are referring to. At the time you couldn't tell the difference between an O and a D, it's not my problem. I'm getting tired of you making stuff up. You are a terrible scout. You are nothing but a homer App State fan. You don't know anything about football. You are a loser. No one cares about your opinions, and if they do, they are stupid.

You don't have to be great at every position, to have a championship caliber team. The fact that you seem to think you do shows just how ignorant you are about the game. Chattanooga's Oline was bad last year and they were 2 overtime losses away from an outright conference title. App State's defense was pathetic and they won a conference championship. NDSU QB is awful and they won back to back national titles.

LOL. I didn't say every position has to be good but you have to have a good OL. Show me a national title team that doesn't have a good OL.

Maybe you did say DL and not OL but I swore you said you guys had a couple of worthy star OL. Funny how you call people names when you have nothing to respond with.

I forget, who pays you for opinions on players, lists, scouting reports, and to make decisions such as who plays in games and who is ranked? What websites and NFL teams pay you money and use your information to help them?

Remember, I'm not the one everyone is laughing at on this thread.

Guys, this guy sounds a lot like Ralph Wallace to be honest. Can anyone prove this is not him?

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Instead of posting asinine tuff, how about just looking at the highlights. You can see how Georgia Southern gained their yardage.

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=17700&id=1076627&ATCLID=&SPSID=88681&SPID=10577&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&DB_OEM_ID=17700

Check your spelling!

And, doesn't matter how. Just matters what the results are. Bottom line, UTC lost and got blown up by GSU. Lott and Tull are really good but there is a huge drop off in talent after them.

I must say you are entertaining. It's funny watching someone make crazy comments and then proven wrong with facts and act like a child when it happens.

By the way, I'm still waiting on you to show me that fat LB from App you kept talking about. I don't see how fat and out of shape runs a 4.56 40. I'll bet you posting rights for 2 years that Dothard runs at least .20 slower than Kimbrough. Want to take that bet?

bjtheflamesfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I will say this, Tull has a chance to play on Sundays, Lott possibly as well, but good defenses don't make excuses, they make plays. They make the key stops on third and fourth downs to get off the field (for the record 3rd down conversions last year: GaSou 7-16 UTC 3-12 4th down conversions GaSou 2-3 UTC 1-2). They get takeaways, they make the stops in the red zone. Its like the old saying says, "No doubt offense sells the tickets, but defense wins the championships."

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I will say this, Tull has a chance to play on Sundays, Lott possibly as well, but good defenses don't make excuses, they make plays. They make the key stops on third and fourth downs to get off the field (for the record 3rd down conversions last year: GaSou 7-16 UTC 3-12 4th down conversions GaSou 2-3 UTC 1-2). They get takeaways, they make the stops in the red zone. Its like the old saying says, "No doubt offense sells the tickets, but defense wins the championships."

I think Tull will and Lott has a chance but that's it on their defense. Lott needs to make some strides for sure and so does Tull but he has two years. Tull just needs to get stronger and fill out his frame. He is very talented. He's not the best player in FCS but could be in two years.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 03:29 PM

2011: allowed 383 yards allowed and again 0 sacks http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2011/utc1008.htm
2010 (a rare Mocs victory in the series): 391 yards allowed and 1 sack http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2010/utc1016.htm

So in the last three meetings, the vaunted UTC defense (led by a D-line that is supposed to be better than GaSou's O-Line) allowed 1,201 yards of offense, 94 points (do the math...its not hard) and made 1 sack and somehow, with four all conference selections (the same number as GaSou had on the offensive line) the last three seasons, UTC's D-line is better than GaSou's offensive line...oh and had zero takeaways too...thats what youre seriously saying...even though the boxscores (supplied from your school's website btw) show otherwise?

What the hell are you talking about? When did 380 yards become a big number? That's average. Why are you going back 3 years? What the hell does that prove. We don't have any 4 year starters on the Dline and I doubt they have any on the Oline. Look at the 2012 film. It's clear their Oline didn't do jack diddly.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 03:30 PM

0 takeways? Do you know how to read a boxscore? Im being dead serious.

bjtheflamesfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:31 PM

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:33 PM
What the hell are you talking about? When did 380 yards become a big number? That's average. Why are you going back 3 years? What the hell does that prove. We don't have any 4 year starters on the Dline and I doubt they have any on the Oline. Look at the 2012 film. It's clear their Oline didn't do jack diddly.

Bottom line is GSU won and has the better team. Case closed. They ran all over UTC and showed they had better athletes. Maybe UTC beats them this year. I guess we will find out this year.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Check your spelling!

And, doesn't matter how. Just matters what the results are. Bottom line, UTC lost and got blown up by GSU. Lott and Tull are really good but there is a huge drop off in talent after them.

I must say you are entertaining. It's funny watching someone make crazy comments and then proven wrong with facts and act like a child when it happens.

By the way, I'm still waiting on you to show me that fat LB from App you kept talking about. I don't see how fat and out of shape runs a 4.56 40. I'll bet you posting rights for 2 years that Dothard runs at least .20 slower than Kimbrough. Want to take that bet?

You are an idiot. They got blown up by GSU? It was 3OT reject. Doesn't matter how they got their yards? What the hell are you talking about. In a comparison between our Dline and their Oline it doesn't matter that their Oline got pushed into the backfield and their RBs made Houdini escapes or we missed a ton of tackles? You really should not have a job in football. You clearly don't know what you are talking about, your arguments get weaker and weaker daily.

BisonFan02
August 12th, 2013, 03:36 PM
When does this thread become self aware and destroy us all?

bjtheflamesfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Ok upon further review I will give you that they did get takeaways (although with a triple option team fumbles tend to be more frequent and 4 total takeaways in 3 years still is not exactly something to be crowing about). The rest of my point stands...Good defenses make plays. Good defenses get off the field when they have to (refer to my 3rd and 4th down conversion numbers from the boxscore of last years game), and good defenses win. Oh and if you can't tackle...that is an even BIGGER indictment, not only on your line, but your defense as a whole...prime example from the highlight video you posted at 32 seconds: at the moment of the pitch, there were three blue jerseys around the pitchman all of whom could have made a tackle. When those three missed and he changed direction, there were two MORE who could have made the tackle...that is FIVE players all of whom could have prevented what turned into a touchdown. Another example: starting at 1:17, Two players get a hold of McKinnon, including one around the 5 yard line that wraps him up and instead of taking him straight to the ground, he tries to throw him down, McKinnon gets out of it and scores another touchdown. Good defenders and good defenses FINISH tackles.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 03:40 PM
LOL. I didn't say every position has to be good but you have to have a good OL. Show me a national title team that doesn't have a good OL.

Maybe you did say DL and not OL but I swore you said you guys had a couple of worthy star OL. Funny how you call people names when you have nothing to respond with.

I forget, who pays you for opinions on players, lists, scouting reports, and to make decisions such as who plays in games and who is ranked? What websites and NFL teams pay you money and use your information to help them?

Remember, I'm not the one everyone is laughing at on this thread.

Guys, this guy sounds a lot like Ralph Wallace to be honest. Can anyone prove this is not him?

Honestly if anyone is paying you a dime, they should fire you. You have an obvious bias that you freely admit. If you are a legit scout, you aren't biased for or against certain schools. You shouldn't even care where a player went to school. It shouldn't mean anything to you where they go to school.

MSUBobcat
August 12th, 2013, 03:43 PM
You are an idiot. They got blown up by GSU? It was 3OT reject. Doesn't matter how they got their yards? What the hell are you talking about. In a comparison between our Dline and their Oline it doesn't matter that their Oline got pushed into the backfield and their RBs made Houdini escapes or we missed a ton of tackles? You really should not have a job in football. You clearly don't know what you are talking about, your arguments get weaker and weaker daily.

How can you have a great D-Line if, as you say, they "miss a ton of tackles"? xdontknowx There's no stat for pushing the O-Line into the backfield, and obviously it had little positive effect on the outcome of the game.

BisonFan02
August 12th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Honestly if anyone is paying you a dime, they should fire you. You have an obvious bias that you freely admit. If you are a legit scout, you aren't biased for or against certain schools. You shouldn't even care where a player went to school. It shouldn't mean anything to you where they go to school.

I disagree with this entirely. Certain football programs definitely prepare athletes better for the next level than others, often times at specific positions or just the system ran by said team. Programs can often groom and mature an athlete as well to prepare them for life after collegiate sports.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Ok upon further review I will give you that they did get takeaways (although with a triple option team fumbles tend to be more frequent and 4 total takeaways in 3 years still is not exactly something to be crowing about). The rest of my point stands...Good defenses make plays. Good defenses get off the field when they have to (refer to my 3rd and 4th down conversion numbers from the boxscore of last years game), and good defenses win.

you know triple option teams fumble a lot but you are talking sacks against the triple option? Again 380 yards is not a lot of yards. Its about average for an FCS team. 24, 20, 28 points in regulation, average number of points at best. 7/16 3rd down, average numbers at best. 2/3 4th down? Are you serious right now? So this is known as one of the best offenses in the country, but our defense isn't good because they gave up average numbers? WTF. Not average for them, well below average for them, average for anybody. You don't know football, Its so obvious that you don't.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:48 PM

Only thing that matters is the final score. They played GSU well but GSU opened up holes and got in the endzone to win the game. That's all that matters. Yes how the yards were gained maters in terms of evaluating a player but it has no bearing on who the better team was. GSU played a bad game and still won. You guys have your chance this year to prove you are more than a 6 win team this season. My entire argument is simply that GSU won and has the better line. They don't have the star on their DL you do but they do have a better unit and overall team. That was proven by the fact they went to the playoffs, beat you guys, and had better stats.

PaladinFan
August 12th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Ok upon further review I will give you that they did get takeaways (although with a triple option team fumbles tend to be more frequent and 4 total takeaways in 3 years still is not exactly something to be crowing about). The rest of my point stands...Good defenses make plays. Good defenses get off the field when they have to (refer to my 3rd and 4th down conversion numbers from the boxscore of last years game), and good defenses win.

This may be missing your point, but GSU fumbles the ball a ton. Someone can check me, but they fumble the ball just about as much as any team in the country, and easily the most in the SoCon.

If you see a box score where Georgia Southern fumbles the ball a bunch, it usually has little to do with the defense and mostly to do with errant pitches. It is also why you see a small number of GSU fumbles actually turn into turnovers - the ball either gets tossed out of bounds or to an area where the only other player in the vicinity is the pitch man.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:52 PM

They pay me a lot more than a dime and I never said where a player goes to school is a huge deal. You scout the player not the school but in the SoCon it's a proven fact that Furman, App, and GSU have done the best with pro players and thus are the schools that you scout first. Chattanooga has a couple guys like Skrine in Cleveland and Coleman in GB but they don't have nearly the players in the pros that the others do or have put nearly as many in camps.

However, certain schools do a better job in recruiting, evaluating, and developing players. For instance, Alabama. I know that they are going to have NFL prospects so I will go in to Alabama regardless but I have to see Chattanooga on tape and know they have legit talent before I go in that school. That's the way it is. You look at every school but some schools you scout the player and others you scout the school, GMs will tell you that. Most NFL teams automatically go into App State and GSU right now but will only go in Wofford or Chattanooga or Elon if they have a legit prospect. Chattanooga has one in Lott this year but the other two programs don't at this point. That may change but someone will have to develop. They are going in GSU and App this year even though their senior classes are done. A lot of teams have already gone into Furman. I'm told Furman has had 5-10 NFL teams and they haven't even started school yet.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 03:54 PM
How can you have a great D-Line if, as you say, they "miss a ton of tackles"? xdontknowx There's no stat for pushing the O-Line into the backfield, and obviously it had little positive effect on the outcome of the game.

I didn't say the Dline missed a bunch of tackles. But sometimes you miss tackles because the ball carrier is just that good. Here are some stats jackass, Davis Tull 12 tackles from his DE spot. Derrick Lott, 15 tackles from DT spot. Do you understand those stats? Im sure you don't. Do you understand that they were number 1 or 2 in the country and we lost in 3OT. But no one had an impact on the game. Pushing the oline backwards doesn't matter in the run game? Stfu.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:54 PM
I disagree with this entirely. Certain football programs definitely prepare athletes better for the next level than others, often times at specific positions or just the system ran by said team. Programs can often groom and mature an athlete as well to prepare them for life after collegiate sports.

NDSU has become one of those programs. If I'm a midwest scout I know I have to go in NDSU but I may not go see South Dakota or Sioux Falls or North Dakota and even then some scouts don't automatically go in NDSU. I would though. You guys have legit talent.

By the way, it's tough finding recruiting info on you guys. Anyone your coaches are high on in recruiting or want badly in ND? It's tough to find film and stuff on those guys. I like seeing guys in HS as well but you can't find it or if you can I'd like to know where. Kenni Burns is one of the best recruiting coordinators in FCS.

PaladinFan
August 12th, 2013, 03:55 PM
They pay me a lot more than a dime and I never said where a player goes to school is a huge deal. You scout the player not the school but in the SoCon it's a proven fact that Furman, App, and GSU have done the best with pro players and thus are the schools that you scout first. Chattanooga has a couple guys like Skrine in Cleveland and Coleman in GB but they don't have nearly the players in the pros that the others do or have put nearly as many in camps.

However, certain schools do a better job in recruiting, evaluating, and developing players. For instance, Alabama. I know that they are going to have NFL prospects so I will go in to Alabama regardless but I have to see Chattanooga on tape and know they have legit talent before I go in that school. That's the way it is. You look at every school but some schools you scout the player and others you scout the school, GMs will tell you that. Most NFL teams automatically go into App State and GSU right now but will only go in Wofford or Chattanooga or Elon if they have a legit prospect. Chattanooga has one in Lott this year but the other two programs don't at this point. That may change but someone will have to develop. They are going in GSU and App this year even though their senior classes are done. A lot of teams have already gone into Furman. I'm told Furman has had 5-10 NFL teams and they haven't even started school yet.

Furman has 9 players right now on NFL rosters. Frankly, I'd trade the NFL talent for more SoCon wins.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I didn't say the Dline missed a bunch of tackles. But sometimes you miss tackles because the ball carrier is just that good. Here are some stats jackass, Davis Tull 12 tackles from his DE spot. Derrick Lott, 15 tackles from DT spot. Do you understand those stats? Im sure you don't. Do you understand that they were number 1 or 2 in the country and we lost in 3OT. But no one had an impact on the game. Pushing the oline backwards doesn't matter in the run game? Stfu.

You miss tackles sometimes because the other team is better. GSU has much better backs than anyone else in the SoCon and thus the two stars aren't going to be able to dominate them. We will see what Tull and Lott do this year. They will need to have a big game for UTC to keep it close and have a shot to win.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Only thing that matters is the final score. They played GSU well but GSU opened up holes and got in the endzone to win the game. That's all that matters. Yes how the yards were gained maters in terms of evaluating a player but it has no bearing on who the better team was. GSU played a bad game and still won. You guys have your chance this year to prove you are more than a 6 win team this season. My entire argument is simply that GSU won and has the better line. They don't have the star on their DL you do but they do have a better unit and overall team. That was proven by the fact they went to the playoffs, beat you guys, and had better stats.

Absolutely incorrect. They got manhandled up front. They didn't open up very many holes, they left their RBs and QBs out to dry most of the night. They put up an average number of yards, and points. Most of them were in spite of their oliine. Their oline is nowhere near as good as chattanoogas dline, especially not this year, with Danny Ring added and Joshua Freeman back from injury. You don't know how to evaluate talent.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Furman has 9 players right now on NFL rosters. Frankly, I'd trade the NFL talent for more SoCon wins.

I think most fans would. With that said, I would imagine like App you guys will have a couple of guys cut. I expect Felton, Middleton, and 2 or so more to be on 53 man rosters. You guys have a good group. I won't lie, I'm proud to see Cunningham in a camp. I gave him a camp grade and he didn't get a shot at first but is there now so it's good to see him get a shot. I don't expect him to make it but he deserves a shot. He's a good athlete who runs well.

Furman
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
Kadarron Anderson Tennessee Titans Linebacker
Colin Anderson Minnesota Vikings Tight End
Sederrik Cunningham Green Bay Packers Wide Receiver
Jerome Felton Minnesota Vikings Fullback
Ryan Lee St. Louis Rams Guard
William Middleton San Diego Chargers Cornerback
Ryan Steed Pittsburgh Steelers Cornerback
R.J. Webb Carolina Panthers Wide Receiver
Jerodis Williams Minnesota Vikings Running Back

Chattanooga has 3

Tennessee-Chattanooga
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
B.J. Coleman Green Bay Packers Quarterback
Chris Lewis-Harris Cincinnati Bengals Cornerback
Buster Skrine Cleveland Browns Defensive Back

App has 14 but I do expect Miller, Sanders, and Fletcher to get cut.

Appalachian State
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
Travaris Cadet New Orleans Saints Running Back
Armanti Edwards Carolina Panthers Wide Receiver
Jabari Fletcher Dallas Cowboys Defensive End
Jason Hunter Oakland Raiders Defensive End
Daniel Kilgore San Francisco 49ers Guard
Jeremy Kimbrough Washington Redskins Linebacker
Mark LeGree Buffalo Bills Safety
Sam Martin Detroit Lions Punter
Demetrius McCray Jacksonville Jaguars Cornerback
Steven Miller Detroit Lions Running Back
De'Andre Presley Miami Dolphins Cornerback
Brian Quick St. Louis Rams Wide Receiver
Troy Sanders Atlanta Falcons Safety
D.J. Smith San Diego Chargers Linebacker

GSU has 5 and 3 of them are rookies

Georgia Southern
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
Rob Bironas Tennessee Titans Place kicker
Darius Eubanks Minnesota Vikings Safety
Brent Russell Chicago Bears Defensive Tackle
Laron Scott New York Giants Defensive Back
J.J. Wilcox Dallas Cowboys Defensive Back

Samford has 3 and that number will grow over the next 3 years.

Samford
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
Cortland Finnegan St. Louis Rams Cornerback
Corey White New Orleans Saints Cornerback
Nick Williams Pittsburgh Steelers Defensive End

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Absolutely incorrect. They got manhandled up front. They didn't open up very many holes, they left their RBs and QBs out to dry most of the night. They put up an average number of yards, and points. Most of them were in spite of their oliine. Their oline is nowhere near as good as chattanoogas dline, especially not this year, with Danny Ring added and Joshua Freeman back from injury. You don't know how to evaluate talent.

So they manhandled GSU's OL and then GSU's running backs and QB broke tackles, ran past your guys, and they blew your guys up to win the game? I saw the tape. Your DL played fairly well but made some mistakes in key moments and GSU's backs are pretty strong, they broke more than 1 or 2 tackles for sure.

BisonFan02
August 12th, 2013, 04:03 PM
NDSU has become one of those programs. If I'm a midwest scout I know I have to go in NDSU but I may not go see South Dakota or Sioux Falls or North Dakota and even then some scouts don't automatically go in NDSU. I would though. You guys have legit talent.

By the way, it's tough finding recruiting info on you guys. Anyone your coaches are high on in recruiting or want badly in ND? It's tough to find film and stuff on those guys. I like seeing guys in HS as well but you can't find it or if you can I'd like to know where. Kenni Burns is one of the best recruiting coordinators in FCS.

Tourguide on AGS would have more info, but press/publications for ND recruits is pretty poor....little to no activity via rivals or hudl.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 04:03 PM

Yeah you are big time, Begging for 5 or 10 bucks for one of your lame evaluations. Rollin it in. "Phil Steele's FCS boy" wow you are in the big leagues now.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Tourguide on AGS would have more info, but press/publications for ND recruits is pretty poor....little to no activity via rivals or hudl.

I have noticed that. I am curious who the studs in ND and SD are who nobody knows about. If you look on 247, Rivals, Scout, and ESPN they have virtually nothing on ND and SD high schools.

MSUBobcat
August 12th, 2013, 04:06 PM

You're right. You didn't say missed "a bunch of tackles". But you absolutely said they missed "a ton of tackles". Personally I'd rather miss a bunch than a ton, but we're really splitting hairs. I didn't say that pushing an oline back doesn't matter in the run game. Obviously it does, but only when you make the TACKLE. Getting into the backfield and watching the RB run by you doesn't help your team much.

I love how easy it is to get you to resort to name-calling. That's when you know the person you are debating with is truly losing the argument. xblehxxlolx

BisonFan02
August 12th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Yeah you are big time, Begging for 5 or 10 bucks for one of your lame evaluations. Rollin it in. "Phil Steele's FCS boy" wow you are in the big leagues now.

Geez...watch out, we've got a badass over here. What does that make you Chatty? Don't you have to be right at least one of these years in order to at least somewhat claim to be credible?

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 04:10 PM

Nope not that but good try. I won't go into money but I have 3-4 clients who pay pretty well and several who pay for certain information here and there. I deal with all-star games and NFL teams.

I get paid to watch football games, travel, put together bowl game rosters, and provide information to NFL teams. What do you do for a living? I'll be glad to pass along your resume and sample scouting reports to my clients or just to NFL teams in general. I don't know why I argue with you because nobody respects or pays you for your opinion. You just amuse us here. Keep it up. We all get a good laugh out of it. I just hope the boss man at Subway doesn't catch you on here during work and fire you LOL. :)

NoDak 4 Ever
August 12th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Geez...watch out, we've got a badass over here. What does that make you Chatty? Don't you have to be right at least one of these years in order to at least somewhat claim to be credible?

Hey, he is a ****ING SANDWICH ARTIST. Those are born, not made.

Recognize....

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 04:11 PM

LOL. He's always right. Facts are wrong and Chattownmocs is always right. Don't you know that?

I think he's just mad everyone proves him wrong and he has to pout and run away from AGS.

On the bright side I heard he hit puberty this year and got his first kiss, except from mom.

BisonFan02
August 12th, 2013, 04:13 PM

Recognize....

Yup...and that is why he is at Subway. Jimmy Johns is reserved for former Chatty players except they actually have to deliver there.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Yup...and that is why he is at Subway. Jimmy Johns is reserved for former Chatty players except they actually have to deliver there.

Which means you need a driver's license and he is a year away from that. :)

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 04:16 PM
You're right. You didn't say missed "a bunch of tackles". But you absolutely said they missed "a ton of tackles". Personally I'd rather miss a bunch than a ton, but we're really splitting hairs. I didn't say that pushing an oline back doesn't matter in the run game. Obviously it does, but only when you make the TACKLE. Getting into the backfield and watching the RB run by you doesn't help your team much.

I love how easy it is to get you to resort to name-calling. That's when you know the person you are debating with is truly losing the argument. xblehxxlolx

I didn't say our dline made a bunch of tackles. they actually made a ton. I said our defense did.the job of the dline in the triple option is to get to the 2nd level. They couldn't do it all night. so pushing the dline backwards is important regardless of whether you make the tackle not. You really need to learn the game.

blueballs
August 12th, 2013, 04:20 PM
So they manhandled GSU's OL and then GSU's running backs and QB broke tackles, ran past your guys, and they blew your guys up to win the game? I saw the tape. Your DL played fairly well but made some mistakes in key moments and GSU's backs are pretty strong, they broke more than 1 or 2 tackles for sure.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out this year. GSU returns its o-line two deep basically intact from last year and Swope (who didn't dress out last year against UTC) is healthy. There are a couple of names nobody here has heard of that you will soon enough toting the rock for GSU in addition to McKinnon, Swope, and Bryant... Nardo Govan and Torrance Hunt- and that's in addition to the returning players Youyoute (now a slotback), and Banks. McKinnon has now 10 games starting including the playoffs so it is safe to say he's comfortable in the position.

I fully realize Chatty has the best defense this side of the 49ers but GSU is l-o-a-d-e-d offensively... we'll see.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Nope not that but good try. I won't go into money but I have 3-4 clients who pay pretty well and several who pay for certain information here and there. I deal with all-star games and NFL teams.

I get paid to watch football games, travel, put together bowl game rosters, and provide information to NFL teams. What do you do for a living? I'll be glad to pass along your resume and sample scouting reports to my clients or just to NFL teams in general. I don't know why I argue with you because nobody respects or pays you for your opinion. You just amuse us here. Keep it up. We all get a good laugh out of it. I just hope the boss man at Subway doesn't catch you on here during work and fire you LOL. :)

Actually Im an IT professional which obviously requires more brain power than setting up a terrible website and begging for 5 dollars donations for your terrible scouting. Obviously you think that puts you on some sort of level above me. I laugh at that. You have never done anything of note except promote complete App State bust after bust. You are the biggest Know-nothing I have ever see that claims to be a scout. You speak out of both sides of you mouth and make stuff all of the time with absolutely no basis, and then backtrack into a more basic argument that is still wrong.

BisonFan02
August 12th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Actually Im an IT professional which obviously requires more brain power than setting up a terrible website and begging for 5 dollars donations for your terrible scouting. Obviously you think that puts you on some sort of level above me. I laugh at that. You have never done anything of note except promote complete App State bust after bust. You are the biggest Know-nothing I have ever see that claims to be a scout. You speak out of both sides of you mouth and make stuff all of the time with absolutely no basis, and then backtrack into a more basic argument that is still wrong.

Do you drive a Dodge Stratus Mr. IT professional? :D

bjtheflamesfan
August 12th, 2013, 04:33 PM

blueballs
August 12th, 2013, 04:54 PM

GSU had control of the game and was driving up 21-10 coming out of the locker room in the third quarter when their 3rd string FB fumbled and turned it over at Chatty's 40 and it lit a fire under Chatty's collective arses. The momentum in the game literally did a 180 on that one play.

Chatty had two special teams turnovers that really hurt them, the one in the fourth quarter particularly so. Nevertheless, the difference in that game was how McKinnon led his team and made the plays late to gut out the win, especially the last TD.

MSUBobcat
August 12th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Chattownmocs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlDBi0cyIA

Professor Chaos
August 12th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Well, we know he certainly doesn't have good people skills....

http://popdialectic.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/office-space-people-person.jpg

Horseshoe App
August 12th, 2013, 06:00 PM

You are a f****** idiot. I guess our busts are three national championships and many conference championships. Have you not been taught to think before you hit the post button. Oh wait, I am not following my own advice. Please do not feed the troll.

Jazzman1522
August 12th, 2013, 06:13 PM

Space dementia!

Recognize....

Now, that's about enough of that. I'm only less than a year removed from working at Subway. You think, "Oh this won't be so hard. Make sandwiches for people? Heck, I do that for myself all the time!"

Next thing you know, there's a youth soccer tournament going on down the street and your Subway's the only restaurant within a ten-minute drive. So now you've got the worst lunch rush imaginable and some lady comes up and orders five chopped salads. FIVE CHOPPED SALADS!! Oh, I'll give you five chopped salads lady.

Thank the Lord I'm free now. And I will never look back.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 12th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Space dementia!

Now, that's about enough of that. I'm only less than a year removed from working at Subway. You think, "Oh this won't be so hard. Make sandwiches for people? Heck, I do that for myself all the time!"

Next thing you, there's a youth soccer tournament going on down the street and your Subway's the only restaurant within a ten-minute drive. So now you've got the worst lunch rush imaginable and some lady comes up and orders five chopped salads. FIVE CHOPPED SALADS!! Oh, I'll give you five chopped salads lady.

Thank the Lord I'm free now. And I will never look back.

I do love the chopped salads.

Laker
August 12th, 2013, 06:40 PM

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111123200022/nonciclopedia/images/a/aa/Steve_Buscemi.jpg

MSUBobcat
August 12th, 2013, 06:45 PM
You are a f****** idiot. I guess our busts are three national championships and many conference championships. Have you not been taught to think before you hit the post button. Oh wait, I am not following my own advice. Please do not feed the troll.

Sorry friend, but this whole thread's purpose is to FEED the troll. 45 pages with almost 3 weeks to go before the first game!?!? We may not only feed the troll but fill him up and need a second thread by season's end.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 12th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Sorry friend, but this whole thread's purpose is to FEED the troll. 45 pages with almost 3 weeks to go before the first game!?!? We may not only feed the troll but fill him up and need a second thread by season's end.

Exactly. What else are we going to do? He's going to disappear when UTC inevitably goes into the ****ter. He's like the Sam Houston guys in January.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 08:25 PM

My main clients aren't not known publicly but let's say I make more than 90k a year. As far as IT, that explains it. If you really are an IT guy you are smart but you aren't a football guy. You didn't play, coach, scout, etc in a major league and I doubt you played past high school. You are just a fan who sees UTC and bleeds their colors. It's okay to be that. I laugh at people like you around my town all the time. They think they know it all and I laugh at the stupid stuff they say. It never happens like they say.

You dispute facts and you make stupid claims. Come on man. Don't you see everyone on here against you and laughing at you? Nobody says I'm an idiot or calls me names. It's just you. Does that not show you something when 99.9% of the board is piling on you and they aren't bothering me? It's because I know what I'm talking about. If I need my computer worked on I usually go to the IT guy from one of the 5 or 6 companies I'm dealing with at any given time but maybe I'll go to you.

By the way, I have found that some of those with the biggest mouths and most trash talking are quiet and nothing like that in person. Your junk grows to about 15 inches when you are on this board but in person you are just an IT guy with about 2 inches and an inferirority complex who hates on those who actually GET PAID to work in football. Man, it's okay to be just a fan. It's fine. I don't see why you hate on those who actually know. Mr C and several others on here are professionals and they know. Ask those type people instead of putting your foot in your mouth.

By the way, I'm still waiting on you to show me where Kimbrough is out of shape and slow, the beat down UTC was going to give App last year, BJ Coleman going in the 4th round, UTC winning the SoCon last year, etc, etc. Or how about how UTC is a winning program yet your ALL-TIME RECORD is BELOW .500. If you were really an IT guy you would know you can't dispute facts. I still agree with the others you are a Subway worker. It's okay man, one day you will get laid. Worst case I'll take you to a strip club and pay some desperate girl. Then when your balls drop you might actually chill out and stop acting like you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. LOL

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Exactly. What else are we going to do? He's going to disappear when UTC inevitably goes into the ****ter. He's like the Sam Houston guys in January.

+1

NoDak 4 Ever
August 12th, 2013, 08:40 PM
My main clients aren't not known publicly but let's say I make more than 90k a year. As far as IT, that explains it. If you really are an IT guy you are smart but you aren't a football guy. You didn't play, coach, scout, etc in a major league and I doubt you played past high school. You are just a fan who sees UTC and bleeds their colors. It's okay to be that. I laugh at people like you around my town all the time. They think they know it all and I laugh at the stupid stuff they say. It never happens like they say.

You dispute facts and you make stupid claims. Come on man. Don't you see everyone on here against you and laughing at you? Nobody says I'm an idiot or calls me names. It's just you. Does that not show you something when 99.9% of the board is piling on you and they aren't bothering me? It's because I know what I'm talking about. If I need my computer worked on I usually go to the IT guy from one of the 5 or 6 companies I'm dealing with at any given time but maybe I'll go to you.

By the way, I have found that some of those with the biggest mouths and most trash talking are quiet and nothing like that in person. Your junk grows to about 15 inches when you are on this board but in person you are just an IT guy with about 2 inches and an inferirority complex who hates on those who actually GET PAID to work in football. Man, it's okay to be just a fan. It's fine. I don't see why you hate on those who actually know. Mr C and several others on here are professionals and they know. Ask those type people instead of putting your foot in your mouth.

By the way, I'm still waiting on you to show me where Kimbrough is out of shape and slow, the beat down UTC was going to give App last year, BJ Coleman going in the 4th round, UTC winning the SoCon last year, etc, etc. Or how about how UTC is a winning program yet your ALL-TIME RECORD is BELOW .500. If you were really an IT guy you would know you can't dispute facts. I still agree with the others you are a Subway worker. It's okay man, one day you will get laid. Worst case I'll take you to a strip club and pay some desperate girl. Then when your balls drop you might actually chill out and stop acting like you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. LOL

Hey now. I'm an IT guy. My team kicks ass for real though.

bjtheflamesfan
August 12th, 2013, 09:04 PM
I will admit that I never played organized football. my most significant experience outside of my current broadcast exploits was one year as a varsity football manager for he military school I attended back in 2001. What I did growing up is I became a student of sports. Growing up the first thing I did if I wasnt cramming for a test or finishing my homework before school was reading the sports page. I would grab my family's newspaper and go straight to the sports section and devour it, reading it front to back, especially the boxscores. I was and still am an avid reader of Sports Illustrated. I watched ESPN every chance I got and paid attention to all the sporting events as well as Sportscenter and Baseball Tonight. I learned everything I know about football from all of that...went to lots of football games starting in military school and even took two coaching classes as electives during my undergrad to further bolster my knowledge and understanding of the games of football and basketball respectively.

I would have loved to play football growing up (I still always want to be the QB if I ever get involved in a pickup game) but I still did my very best to become a student of the game of football, something which has served me well in my profession as well as the ability to look at things objectively and through a balanced view even as a fan.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Hey now. I'm an IT guy. My team kicks ass for real though.

lol it's okay. My IT guy is very good and is not like him at all but I have ran into a few who are know it all jerks at times.

DJKyR0
August 12th, 2013, 09:08 PM
I don't care what you say about the ********* gauntlet NDSU has had to ride on this site, with the legendary 100+ page threads made by SHSU and GSU fans who both were silenced when the mighty Bison rang triumphantly. This thread needs to continue, and if I have to shovel the coal into the boiler myself then by god I'll do it. This thread can't die. I need to know just how far this rabbit hole goes.

NDSU QB is awful and they won back to back national titles.

ARE YOU *****ING INSANE. Jensen completed passes at a 61% clip last season. He had a 17:8 TD:INT ratio last season. Yes, a few of those were untimely pick sixes but not all of them were on him (particularly the second one to Johnny Towalid in the Indiana State loss last season). In big games, Brock has been lights out. How about a 131 QB rating last season (50th in the league, admittedly not great, but surely not terrible, and only 3 points lower than Huesman). Stepped up huge in the playoffs the past two years, and we still haven't even touched his running game. Throw that in and you finish with 29 total touchdowns last year, half again what your boy Huesman was able to throw up. Not to mention Brock is the reigning championship game MVP, which surely isn't given to a player who is "terrible." You've made some pretty ridiculous assertions in this thread but this might be my favorite one.

Tell you what man, if you're trolling on all this and don't actually believe it, you're doing a masterful job. Everyone here is taking the bait.

The hell is a Moc anyway?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 12th, 2013, 09:21 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oaCZXCZDNC8/S_SazaP3yLI/AAAAAAAABRE/er2fBrxMdNE/s400/deerskin-thunderbird-moccasin-full.jpg

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 09:24 PM

I've never seen someone so proud to be a jock sniffer. A low-level jock sniffer at that. A an unprofessional low-level jock sniffer at that. Why, as a "big time scout" you feel I is appropriate to get on here and bash a particular school and its players is beyond me. It just shows how stupid you really are, and why no one should trust anything you say. Do you really think that anyone should be impressed that you have managed to carve a very minor niche for yourself in a very uncompetitive field? It doesn't take any intelligence to do what you do, none. Millions of people understand football, a very large portion of them, more than you. All it takes is the willingness to be a jock sniffer. BTW, I love how you stereotype IT people into the nerd category. Look in the mirror reject, you "scouts" aren't just nerds, you are jock sniffing nerds. You just happen to be one of the lowest and most unproffesional jock sniffing know-knowing nerds on the totem pole.

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2013, 09:27 PM
I don't care what you say about the ********* gauntlet NDSU has had to ride on this site, with the legendary 100+ page threads made by SHSU and GSU fans who both were silenced when the mighty Bison rang triumphantly. This thread needs to continue, and if I have to shovel the coal into the boiler myself then by god I'll do it. This thread can't die. I need to know just how far this rabbit hole goes.

ARE YOU *****ING INSANE. Jensen completed passes at a 61% clip last season. He had a 17:8 TD:INT ratio last season. Yes, a few of those were untimely pick sixes but not all of them were on him (particularly the second one to Johnny Towalid in the Indiana State loss last season). In big games, Brock has been lights out. How about a 131 QB rating last season (50th in the league, admittedly not great, but surely not terrible, and only 3 points lower than Huesman). Stepped up huge in the playoffs the past two years, and we still haven't even touched his running game. Throw that in and you finish with 29 total touchdowns last year, half again what your boy Huesman was able to throw up. Not to mention Brock is the reigning championship game MVP, which surely isn't given to a player who is "terrible." You've made some pretty ridiculous assertions in this thread but this might be my favorite one.

Tell you what man, if you're trolling on all this and don't actually believe it, you're doing a masterful job. Everyone here is taking the bait.

He's a very subpar QB. Those numbers are nothing special. You are comparing him to Huesman like that is some great accomplishment. Huesman was a freshman. I think he is pretty good but last year was nothing great numbers wise.

Bisonoline
August 12th, 2013, 09:30 PM

Thats some funny shat. Why dont you just say youre a wannabe and be done with it. We know it, you know it. Now wasnt that easy?

DJKyR0
August 12th, 2013, 09:40 PM
He's a very subpar QB. Those numbers are nothing special. You are comparing him to Huesman like that is some great accomplishment. Huesman was a freshman. I think he is pretty good but last year was nothing great numbers wise.

sub·par [suhb-pahr]
adjective
below an average, usual, or normal level, quality, or the like; below par: This month his performance has been subpar.

Considering Jensen was top-50 in passing efficiency and there were at least 122 starting QBs in the FCS last season, he would be definition not be subpar, especially when adding in his running factor, which for a quarterback is most certainly above average. Your assertion is false.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I've never seen someone so proud to be a jock sniffer. A low-level jock sniffer at that. A an unprofessional low-level jock sniffer at that. Why, as a "big time scout" you feel I is appropriate to get on here and bash a particular school and its players is beyond me. It just shows how stupid you really are, and why no one should trust anything you say. Do you really think that anyone should be impressed that you have managed to carve a very minor niche for yourself in a very uncompetitive field? It doesn't take any intelligence to do what you do, none. Millions of people understand football, a very large portion of them, more than you. All it takes is the willingness to be a jock sniffer. BTW, I love how you stereotype IT people into the nerd category. Look in the mirror reject, you "scouts" aren't just nerds, you are jock sniffing nerds. You just happen to be one of the lowest and most unproffesional jock sniffing know-knowing nerds on the totem pole.

Actually many don't. I would say 90% of the population just goes by stats and what looks like a player making a lot of tackles or picking up yards. Scouting is more than that. There are two certain traits athletically and physically a player may or may not have that can eliminate him from being a NFL prospect. For example, scouts really like Bert White of NW State for a few reasons and many liked the SC State safety last year. Neither has good stats. Most people had no clue they are NFL prospects. They are because of traits that scouts are designed to look for but most people don't have a scout's eye. Look at media members. They were dogging Eric Fisher last year saying he was not worthy of the Senior Bowl. He was a top 10 pick in the eyes of NFL GMs before December but the media didn't know until people like Mike Mayock, who gets his information from NFL teams, started hyping him. There are only 4-5 people who write on the internet who truly are good evaluators who know what a NFL prospect looks like and hit 70% or more of the time.

Are there fans on this board who know a good player? Yes. Are there average people who know football? Yes. I have a good friend who does. The problem is that even those I know who are good fans and know the game don't realize why NFL teams like certain players so much and even are surprised sometimes when I say a player is a 5th-6th round pick. I remember a few years ago when ALL the media and fans thought DeAndre McDaniel of Clemson was a top 2 or 3 round pick. I kept telling them he would not get drafted at all and he didn't. NFL teams are never surprised when a player like Tyler Bray goes undrafted. He was not rated as high as people think. There are usually maybe 15-20 players who teams thought might go in the late rounds and didn't but there are never players undrafted who NFL teams thought would go in the top 150. You have to really learn from those who know. I have spent a lot of time learning from Super Bowl winning coaches, scouts, GMs, and spent more hours in a film room in one week than some people spend watching football in 5 years. It takes a lot of time and learning from those who know. You are know a little bit but it's obvious you are a homer for your school and believe you guys are the best. Everyone starts the season equal but we will see if you are right about UTC's team for the first time in 5 years. Whatever happens, you have said the same thing for the most part the last 3-4 years so it's not like you can really brag if UTC won the SoCon but they won't. They will be good but they aren't truly the best team unless they can beat everyone, including App and GSU. Only time will tell. You disappear from here a lot and are called out on a lot of things you are wrong about. You said Kimbrough is a fat and out of shape guy who is slow but ran a VERIFIED 4.56 40 BY NFL SCOUTS. You have yet to admit you were wrong on that one and you were. At least admit when you are wrong like most on here will do.

Southern Bison
August 12th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Thats some funny shat. Why dont you just say youre a wannabe and be done with it. We know it, you know it. Now wasnt that easy?

Then what would we do until opening weekend? :D I thought Nickels & Creamin' Beagle were bad, but this schmuck is already coming out of turn 2 and they're still at the starting line!

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 09:43 PM

Either way, he is better than Huesman. He's been all-conference before and has two national championship rings. Huesman is younger for sure and should be better in three years but as of right now he is not better than Jensen. I don't think Jensen is a great FCS QB but he is very good. Solid player with great knowledge who knows how to win. I would not say he is a top 5 FCS QB but he is definitely a top 10-12 QB.

ASU_Fanatic
August 12th, 2013, 09:47 PM
why does this have 500 replies you guys care way too much about what this guy says

DJKyR0
August 12th, 2013, 09:49 PM
why does this have 500 replies you guys care way too much about what this guy says

The answer:

http://i.imgur.com/3yjEOLQ.gif

MSUBobcat
August 12th, 2013, 10:03 PM
It was well known this thread would be epic, but these last few pages took it to a whole new level. xlolxxpopcornx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 12th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Either way, he is better than Huesman. He's been all-conference before and has two national championship rings. Huesman is younger for sure and should be better in three years but as of right now he is not better than Jensen. I don't think Jensen is a great FCS QB but he is very good. Solid player with great knowledge who knows how to win. I would not say he is a top 5 FCS QB but he is definitely a top 10-12 QB.

UTC has guys like that. About 6 times a year.

Bisonoline
August 12th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Then what would we do until opening weekend? :D I thought Nickels & Creamin' Beagle were bad, but this schmuck is already coming out of turn 2 and they're still at the starting line!

Hes starting strong but he wont finish.

Southern Bison
August 13th, 2013, 12:45 AM

You mean he'll finish early in the season...no wonder his wife/girlfriend/blow-up doll has a permanent frown.

seantaylor
August 13th, 2013, 02:36 AM
It will be interesting to see how it pans out this year. GSU returns its o-line two deep basically intact from last year and Swope (who didn't dress out last year against UTC) is healthy. There are a couple of names nobody here has heard of that you will soon enough toting the rock for GSU in addition to McKinnon, Swope, and Bryant... Nardo Govan and Torrance Hunt- and that's in addition to the returning players Youyoute (now a slotback), and Banks. McKinnon has now 10 games starting including the playoffs so it is safe to say he's comfortable in the position.

I fully realize Chatty has the best defense this side of the 49ers but GSU is l-o-a-d-e-d offensively... we'll see.

Two names that will be big time are Huggins and Crockett. I still think Govan moves to D.

Professor Chaos
August 13th, 2013, 06:44 AM
http://madbetty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/4614585718_31313e1dd6.jpeg

813Jag
August 13th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I'm really loving this thread. In one corner we have a 90k a year scout who has forgotten more football than any of us will ever know, and won't hesitate to remind us.
And in the other corner we have the IT guy that at the very least we can say is very dedicated and loyal to his team. Or maybe he's just nuts and shouldn't be near a computer.
Who wins? xlolx

Laker
August 13th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Who wins? xlolx

The people watching the train wreck?xconfusedx

ASUMountaineer
August 13th, 2013, 08:08 AM

Recognize....

xoutofrepx

ASUMountaineer
August 13th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I'm really loving this thread. In one corner we have a 90k a year scout who has forgotten more football than any of us will ever know, and won't hesitate to remind us.
And in the other corner we have the IT guy that at the very least we can say is very dedicated and loyal to his team. Or maybe he's just nuts and shouldn't be near a computer.
Who wins? xlolx

He's not really that loyal to UT-C, he just posts here for what this thread is delivering. He's actually a UT-K fan, but they've sucked so bad recently he adopted UT-C to use for trolling.

ASUMountaineer
August 13th, 2013, 08:17 AM
I think most fans would. With that said, I would imagine like App you guys will have a couple of guys cut. I expect Felton, Middleton, and 2 or so more to be on 53 man rosters. You guys have a good group. I won't lie, I'm proud to see Cunningham in a camp. I gave him a camp grade and he didn't get a shot at first but is there now so it's good to see him get a shot. I don't expect him to make it but he deserves a shot. He's a good athlete who runs well.

Furman
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
Kadarron Anderson Tennessee Titans Linebacker
Colin Anderson Minnesota Vikings Tight End
Sederrik Cunningham Green Bay Packers Wide Receiver
Jerome Felton Minnesota Vikings Fullback
Ryan Lee St. Louis Rams Guard
William Middleton San Diego Chargers Cornerback
Ryan Steed Pittsburgh Steelers Cornerback
R.J. Webb Carolina Panthers Wide Receiver
Jerodis Williams Minnesota Vikings Running Back

Chattanooga has 3

Tennessee-Chattanooga
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
B.J. Coleman Green Bay Packers Quarterback
Chris Lewis-Harris Cincinnati Bengals Cornerback
Buster Skrine Cleveland Browns Defensive Back

App has 14 but I do expect Miller, Sanders, and Fletcher to get cut.

Appalachian State
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
Travaris Cadet New Orleans Saints Running Back
Armanti Edwards Carolina Panthers Wide Receiver
Jabari Fletcher Dallas Cowboys Defensive End
Jason Hunter Oakland Raiders Defensive End
Daniel Kilgore San Francisco 49ers Guard
Jeremy Kimbrough Washington Redskins Linebacker
Mark LeGree Buffalo Bills Safety
Sam Martin Detroit Lions Punter
Demetrius McCray Jacksonville Jaguars Cornerback
Steven Miller Detroit Lions Running Back
De'Andre Presley Miami Dolphins Cornerback
Brian Quick St. Louis Rams Wide Receiver
Troy Sanders Atlanta Falcons Safety
D.J. Smith San Diego Chargers Linebacker

GSU has 5 and 3 of them are rookies

Georgia Southern
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
Rob Bironas Tennessee Titans Place kicker
Darius Eubanks Minnesota Vikings Safety
Brent Russell Chicago Bears Defensive Tackle
Laron Scott New York Giants Defensive Back
J.J. Wilcox Dallas Cowboys Defensive Back

Samford has 3 and that number will grow over the next 3 years.

Samford
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
Cortland Finnegan St. Louis Rams Cornerback
Corey White New Orleans Saints Cornerback
Nick Williams Pittsburgh Steelers Defensive End

Don't forget Corey Lynch who was just picked up by the Tennessee Titans, bringing the total former Apps in the NFL to 15--currently. I do suspect to see some guys cut.

ASUMountaineer
August 13th, 2013, 08:18 AM

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK DISMISSIVELY OF MINI-TEBOW!

walliver
August 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
HOW DARE YOU SPEAK DISMISSIVELY OF MINI-TEBOW!

Wrong, Tebow is mini-Huesman. Tebow is only well known because he never had to play against the Chattanooga defense.

pike51
August 13th, 2013, 08:49 AM
I heard they were changing the name of the award from Heisman Trophy to Huesman Trophy.

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Who wins? xlolx

Not trying to remind you guys of anything. I don't care about proving I know more than certain people and not trying to be a know it all. I just have to remind him of a few things that when he argues and it apparently wrong in evaluating players that maybe someone who does it for a living and proved him wrong may know a thing or two because of what they do.

Same thing as if you are a computer programmer and I were to argue with you about how to fix a hard drive but yet you are the one who gets paid 150k and has been doing it for 20 years. Just maybe you know about 100 things or more than I do about it. I don't know what you do for a living but I respect your knowledge if you are good at your field, get paid well, and have been doing it a long time. It means you are probably pretty darn good at it.

Chattownmocs is about the 20th most knowledgeable person on this thread, or 30th or however many people have been posting on here. If I don't know about something I'm going to ask questions but it's funny to see when someone doesn't know and they act like they do. You have seen me ask questions here and there on here. I guarantee you know more about the Mankato program than I do. I know about Chris Schaudt and your best players but you definitely know more about the program in general that you are a fan of.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2013, 09:05 AM
So getting back to the OP. I would like to volunteer to be the weekly "who's laughing now" reporter.

My prediction? Probably not Chatty.

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Don't forget Corey Lynch who was just picked up by the Tennessee Titans, bringing the total former Apps in the NFL to 15--currently. I do suspect to see some guys cut.

Yes he was not on the list when I just cut and pasted it from ESPN but it's good to see him get another shot. I think him, Kimbrough, Presley, Smith, and McCray all make the team depending on how well they do. I would think Fletcher, LeGree, and Sanders are definitely going to get cut. LeGree is talented enough, proven by all the shots he gets, but for some reason he just seems to not do well in practice. It's apparent from what I'm seeing that Cadet, Edwards, Quick, Kilgore, Hunter, and Martin will make their 53 man rosters for sure.

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:11 AM
So getting back to the OP. I would like to volunteer to be the weekly "who's laughing now" reporter.

I'm all for that if you want to. This thread is going to be fun to watch this year. I'm pulling for GSU, App, Wofford, Furman, and Samford to have their best games against UTC just to see how fun this thread is going to be.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Im no expert on football, I told my story a couple pages ago...I just read a lot and as I said, became a student of the game. That is why when I talked about those two plays from the video highlights, I didnt sound like a complete idiot (by everyone but chattown's definition). In my profession, if you don't know what the heck youre talking about, and you aren't a former athlete, you probably won't last very long on air.

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Im no expert on football, I told my story a couple pages ago...I just read a lot and as I said, became a student of the game. That is why when I talked about those two plays from the video highlights, I didnt sound like a complete idiot (by everyone but chattown's definition). In my profession, if you don't know what the heck youre talking about, and you aren't a former athlete, you probably won't last very long on air.

I played but not in the pros. Just because you played in the pros does not mean you are a good evaluator or coach. Many aren't. There are many who are though. Just depends on the person. You don't have to have played to be able to evaluate but it does help.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:25 AM
I played but not in the pros. Just because you played in the pros does not mean you are a good evaluator or coach. Many aren't. There are many who are though. Just depends on the person. You don't have to have played to be able to evaluate but it does help.
I have no doubt it does (I do wonder if chattown ever even saw a football field growing up). My closest exposure to getting on the field was running water during timeouts when I was a student manager in military school but I just took everything in that I could. Id even be in on film sessions if there wasn't anything else to do on Mondays

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:30 AM
I have no doubt it does (I do wonder if chattown ever even saw a football field growing up). My closest exposure to getting on the field was running water during timeouts when I was a student manager in military school but I just took everything in that I could. Id even be in on film sessions if there wasn't anything else to do on Mondays

People have to remember that no matter how much you take in or how long you played you won't know everything. The game evolves. You constantly have to study it and there is always something you can learn from someone.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Agreed...Ive learned quite a bit from the guys on here, yourself included

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Agreed...Ive learned quite a bit from the guys on here, yourself included

Well thank you. I have learned some things from folks as well. One of the biggest things I learn on here is NCAA and FCS stuff that has nothing to do with the on field stuff but off the field. There are people on here well versed in it. I have seen people make interesting points in arguments and taken those in as well. I have been lucky to learn from NFL directors, coaches, scouts, and VPs who have rings or have been around a long time. When I'm around these 20-30 year vets who have played and worked in front offices I soak in everything they say. I always learn something from them.

813Jag
August 13th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Not trying to remind you guys of anything. I don't care about proving I know more than certain people and not trying to be a know it all. I just have to remind him of a few things that when he argues and it apparently wrong in evaluating players that maybe someone who does it for a living and proved him wrong may know a thing or two because of what they do.

Same thing as if you are a computer programmer and I were to argue with you about how to fix a hard drive but yet you are the one who gets paid 150k and has been doing it for 20 years. Just maybe you know about 100 things or more than I do about it. I don't know what you do for a living but I respect your knowledge if you are good at your field, get paid well, and have been doing it a long time. It means you are probably pretty darn good at it.

Chattownmocs is about the 20th most knowledgeable person on this thread, or 30th or however many people have been posting on here. If I don't know about something I'm going to ask questions but it's funny to see when someone doesn't know and they act like they do. You have seen me ask questions here and there on here. I guarantee you know more about the Mankato program than I do. I know about Chris Schaudt and your best players but you definitely know more about the program in general that you are a fan of.

I won't take this thread in any way other than the way it was intended which is to have a good laugh at one guy. My statement was a compliment (albeit a backhanded on for the sake of fun), I do enjoy reading your posts. No need to have anyone else provide their life story (mine included xlolx)

with that said let's see how quick this thing gets to 100 pages. xlolx

813Jag
August 13th, 2013, 09:45 AM

I'll provide weekly game updates xlolx

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I won't take this thread in any way other than the way it was intended which is to have a good laugh at one guy. My statement was a compliment (albeit a backhanded on for the sake of fun), I do enjoy reading your posts. No need to have anyone else provide their life story (mine included xlolx)

with that said let's see how quick this thing gets to 100 pages. xlolx

I almost feel bad you guys and myself are doing it. It's too easy. It's like picking on the retarded child. It's just wrong to do. Unlike that this is a fun thing to do for you guys. I think some people come to just this thread right now because it's so entertaining. lol

pike51
August 13th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I can only imagine the rooster if UTC were to actually pull off what he claims will happen.

813Jag
August 13th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I almost feel bad you guys and myself are doing it. It's too easy. It's like picking on the retarded child. It's just wrong to do. Unlike that this is a fun thing to do for you guys. I think some people come to just this thread right now because it's so entertaining. lol
I would feel bad (slightly) if he didn't initiate 99.99% of the topics. He's a great tackling dummy xlolx

813Jag
August 13th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I can only imagine the rooster if UTC were to actually pull off what he claims will happen.
I would watch watch the news for any spontaneous combustions xlolx

walliver
August 13th, 2013, 10:05 AM
The only problem with this thread is that this year's team will probably be the best Chatty team in 20-30 years and will compete for the SoCon championship. Chattown might actually get lucky.

On the other hand Huesman & Son have not shown the ability to win the tight games yet.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 10:31 AM

No, absolutely not. Huesman is better than him today, and he was better last year. Top 10-12 QB? Yeah right.