PDA

View Full Version : Free Streaming Sports For All: The Patriot League Network

Lehigh Football Nation
July 30th, 2013, 09:18 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/07/league-unveils-free-streaming-sports.html

The Patriot League, in collaboration with Campus Insiders, announced Monday the creation of the Patriot League Network (PLN) that will greatly expand the video content and reach of its digital programming starting in the fall of 2013. Under this multi-year agreement, the Patriot League will live-stream hundreds of its men and women's sporting events, add branded studio programming, develop sponsorship opportunities and grow distribution on multiple platforms and devices.

All the home games for five of the seven Patriot League teams, including out-of-conference games, will be available for streaming broadcast on PLN. Lehigh is one of those five teams who will be broadcasting their home games on PLN.

I. Love. This. xthumbsupx

Pard4Life
July 30th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Will Gtown broadcast from MSF? Or is that the exclusive domain of FIOS per contract?

DFW HOYA
July 30th, 2013, 10:15 AM
There is no FiOs contract and hasn't been for three seasons. Move along, please.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 30th, 2013, 10:15 AM
As a long distance PL football fan this is awesome!!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Hey, that's pretty damn cool. Look forward to catching some games. Hope there will be a replay option, does anyone know on that?

Lehigh Football Nation
July 30th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Hey, that's pretty damn cool. Look forward to catching some games. Hope there will be a replay option, does anyone know on that?

I believe the games will be available on demand as well, something that was not available on the old CBS streaming solution (though it was on LehighSports.com, Holy Cross', and I believe Colgate's).

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I believe the games will be available on demand as well, something that was not available on the old CBS streaming solution (though it was on LehighSports.com, Holy Cross', and I believe Colgate's).

Excellent.

Pard4Life
July 30th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Good point... how does this conflict with the pay wall for Lafayette's current deal with CBS? Is that adios?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Good point... how does this conflict with the pay wall for Lafayette's current deal with CBS? Is that adios?

I believe conference deals trump individual deals and anything left over the individual team can do as it wishes with the conference getting a cut usually. At least, that's how it is in the BSC.

SUPharmacist
July 30th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Looking forward to the chance to watch the patriot league myself.