PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Blog: Reignited

mmiller_34
July 28th, 2013, 02:51 PM
For those of your interested, DJKyRo and I have started the MVFC blog again this year.

Find all our pre, post, and random analysis of MVFC Football here: http://mvfcfan.blogspot.com/

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 28th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Looks good!!

xthumbsupx

mmiller_34
July 28th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks. I've put up capsules of my predicted bottom three. #10 South Dakota, #9 Missouri State, and #8 Western Illinois. I think Bob Nielson has what it takes to get Western out from the bottom. Of course, lots of folks said that about Joe Glenn last year.

RabidRabbit
July 28th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I'll be interested in Kyle's take on the SDSU Jacks. I think they are positioned for a top 10 FCS ranking, and probably have the best chance to snare a W against NDSU of any team in the FCS.

Thundar
July 28th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I'll be interested in Kyle's take on the SDSU Jacks. I think they are positioned for a top 10 FCS ranking, and probably have the best chance to snare a W against NDSU of any team in the FCS.

how do you think they would grab the W? Rushing is your strong point and Stopping th Rush is ours

should be a great game though, but unless Sumner can pass and your online can block I see it the same as last year

IBleedYellow
July 28th, 2013, 09:35 PM

Our d line is still larger than your o line, that doesn't help very much.

On topic, glad to see the blog is rolling again Miller and Kyle!! It's almost football season!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 28th, 2013, 09:36 PM

SDSU has both NDSU and UNI at home this year. If they can win one of those or both then they will be in great position for the playoffs.

The Jacks/Bison game will be a good one. I'm expecting the '13 defense to be just as good or even potentially better than last year with Perry and Heagle coming back from injuries. If those 2 guys can play that would mean the Bison only need to replace 1 CB from last year. I'm sure the offense will be the same ground it out and play-action pass as always but hopefully Vigen continues to 'open' it up with his play calling.

IMO, NDSU-UNI-SDSU and possibly one more Valley team will make the playoffs this year.

IBleedYellow
July 28th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Miller, you very much under ranked SDSU in your preseason poll. 13?? Thats lame.

I agree with the above poster, just make sure that SDSU beats UNI for sure.

mmiller_34
July 28th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Miller, you very much under ranked SDSU in your preseason poll. 13?? Thats lame.

That was Kyle. I put them at 10, I think.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 28th, 2013, 09:52 PM
That was Kyle. I put them at 10, I think.

Is Stig still going to revamp the defense this year?

Seems like the Jack defense was fine the way it was....

mmiller_34
July 28th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Is Stig still going to revamp the defense this year?

Seems like the Jack defense was fine the way it was....

From what I understand SDSU will continue to run a 4-3 base. I think they are merely adding a 3-4 scheme to help out in certain situations.

clenz
July 28th, 2013, 10:32 PM
One thing to watch with UNI is the transfers from JUCO and Nebraska we landed....

Brion Carnes (http://www.unipanthers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=626869&SPID=90703&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=26200&ATCLID=208764160&Q_SEASON=2013) was stuck behind Taylor Martinez at NE for two years and decided it was time to move on. He was a 4 star recruit from Florida out of HS and the #7 rated dual threat QB in his HS class. I know, I know....UNI has a solid QB in Kollmorgen so why bring this guy in? The dudes talent level is unreal. I have some very reliable sources that tell me the staff is as excited to use Brion as they have to use any player in the last decade or so. Sawyer is still the solid #1 but Brion is going to line up at WR, slot, RB, wing back, QB, KR, and anywhere else we can find a spot to get him the ball. Add him to the mix with David Johnson, Brett Lemaster, Chad Owens, Kevin Vereen JR, and Sam Rohr and there are weapons all over the field for Sawyer to hit. This offense could be scary good.

Tate Omli is a JUCO transfer from Butler CC in Kansas (http://www.unipanthers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=626869&SPID=90703&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=26200&ATCLID=207567566&Q_SEASON=2013). He was a JUCO AA last season at saftey. He was second on the team in tackles, with 87, and 4 picks with a TD.

Makinton Dorleant is a transfer DB from Maryland. 3 star recruit out of HS. Played in 11 games for Maryland last season.

Makinton and Tate are going to sure the back end up for the defense. The addition of Tate is going to allow a kid who started during his true fresh season last year to move into a better role for him. Tim Kilfoy (a kid that Iowa offered late but stuck with UNI) will likely slide into the role that Wilomont Wellington played for UNI the last two years (and the role that Arif Evans played before that for those that remember him). He was the #1 defensive back in Iowa his senior season, and at 6'1 200lbs he lays the wood. Tate will likely play the free safety over the top and Kilfoy the strong safety/enforcer role.

Add them to a defense that returns Jordan Gacke, Jake Farley, Zack Cutkomp (leading the team in tackles last season before blowing knee out against Iowa...did recieve a medical waiver so he is a JR once again though listed as a senior), and Max Busher at LB's and Xavier Williams (6'4 310lb DT set school record for blocked kicks in a season), Mac O'Brien, Chris Jepsen and a couple others that played in every game up front.

UNI was down last year...but won't be for long. The team is loaded with young talent....14 seniors and only 6 of them saw any real action last season.

Thundar
July 28th, 2013, 10:42 PM
The team is loaded with young talent....14 seniors and only 6 of them saw any real action last season.

so how do you know it loaded when only 6 players saw the field?

UNI wasn't exactly the best around so it's hard to say your young boys are that great

clenz
July 28th, 2013, 10:43 PM
so how do you know it loaded when only 6 players saw the field?
6 of the seniors....and likely only those 6 see significant time this year.

The rest were all freshman and sophomores last season

Thundar
July 28th, 2013, 10:47 PM
6 of the seniors....and likely only those 6 see significant time this year.

The rest were all freshman and sophomores last season

I hit post to soon I edited it, I'm not saying UNI won't be tough as hell but its hard to judge young players

MplsBison
July 28th, 2013, 10:52 PM
SDSU has both NDSU and UNI at home this year. If they can win one of those or both then they will be in great position for the playoffs.

The Jacks/Bison game will be a good one. I'm expecting the '13 defense to be just as good or even potentially better than last year with Perry and Heagle coming back from injuries. If those 2 guys can play that would mean the Bison only need to replace 1 CB from last year. I'm sure the offense will be the same ground it out and play-action pass as always but hopefully Vigen continues to 'open' it up with his play calling.

IMO, NDSU-UNI-SDSU and possibly one more Valley team will make the playoffs this year.

Perry will probably want blood from SDSU this season.

I believe it was their player's cheap shot last year that injured his knee and cost him the rest of the season.

mmiller_34
July 28th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Perry will probably want blood from SDSU this season.

I believe it was their player's cheap shot last year that injured his knee and cost him the rest of the season.

Yes. He will be an angry elf.

clenz
July 28th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I hit post to soon I edited it, I'm not saying UNI won't be tough as hell but its hard to judge young players
Young players that have played..

Kollmorgen - So
David Johnson - JR
Lemaster - JR
Owens - JR
Rohr - So
Return 4 OL that started games for us last season

We only have 4 seniors on offense this year total. We had only 4 offensive seniors last season that saw the field (Carlos, Sinkfield, Brian Palagini, and Misha Danilov). Outside of Carlos every skill position guy was with a freshman or sophomore that saw significant time last season

UNI had the second highest scoring team in the conference, Kollmorgen was the best passer (second at worst) in the conference last season, gave up the 4th fewest sacks (less than NDSU), best average KR, best kick coverage team, third in total offense.....yeah our offense was actually pretty ****ing good last season considering we were starting a true freshman QB the entire season.

Our defense was the issue, and that will be much better this year. We lost 2 starting LB's in week 3 on top of replacing 6 of 7 starters from the year before....

Yet we were 1 score from beating Wisconsin, within 1 score of Iowa the majority of that game, within 1 score of YSU (and got ****ed out of another last second play from about the 7 yard line), 3 points from SIU, and dominated SDSU....

We weren't nearly as bad as the record shows last season.

caribbeanhen
July 28th, 2013, 11:18 PM
I see the Bison are playing Delaware State this year - that should be a hard fought contest, you boys will know you've been in a slugfest after that one...

Vitojr130
July 28th, 2013, 11:24 PM
I see the Bison are playing Delaware State this year - that should be a hard fought contest, you boys will know you've been in a slugfest after that one...

xthumbsupx

DJKyR0
July 29th, 2013, 12:29 AM

UNI and SDSU have some really good counterparts all over the offensive side of the ball. Johnson/Zenner primarily, as both are Payton preseason nominees. Kollmorgen right now looks a decent clip ahead of Sumner, and that's the main reason I have UNI 2nd in my conference forecast. I have the Jacks at 13th in my preseason AGS poll (as another poster already pointed out) and fully believe they'll move higher than that in a hurry. I think they definitely start 3-0 (home games vs. Butler and SELA and on the road at UND), and I'm really intrigued to see how their defense handles Taylor Martinez and company at Nebraska in Week 4. Beyond that, some real potential to start out 3-1 in the conference (or heck, 4-0 if your call pans out) and the only really tough games they have after that are at home vs. UNI and on the road at Youngstown State. How the heck did you guys get to avoid playing Illinois State two years in a row?

I'm pretty high on SDSU, but I view them as a known quantity. I think Illinois State has the potential to be better this year, but that potential is riding on a lot of unknowns (particularly the transfer QB). Can't wait to tailgate in Brookings in late September.

mgbison
July 29th, 2013, 01:44 AM
SDSU's offense was a non factor against NDSU last year in both games. Even with Perry out, our D-line controlled the line of scrimmage. Perry should be 100% by SDSU, so I don't see SDSU scoring more than 10 point against us. Perry made SDSU's line look slow and unathletic.

UNI scares me, and they have the skill players. I like Johnson, but I'm more concerned about him catching passes out of the backfield than being effective running the ball. UNI gave Bohl the blueprint on how to win in the Valley by having great D and O line play, and I don't think UNI is where they were a couple of years ago in those two positions. If they can improve their D-line play they could be tough.

I think YSU could be a sleeper team. I think they underachieved last year. They have the talent on offense, but has their defense improved.

IBleedYellow
July 29th, 2013, 09:46 AM
SDSU's offense was a non factor against NDSU last year in both games. Even with Perry out, our D-line controlled the line of scrimmage. Perry should be 100% by SDSU, so I don't see SDSU scoring more than 10 point against us. Perry made SDSU's line look slow and unathletic.

UNI scares me, and they have the skill players. I like Johnson, but I'm more concerned about him catching passes out of the backfield than being effective running the ball. UNI gave Bohl the blueprint on how to win in the Valley by having great D and O line play, and I don't think UNI is where they were a couple of years ago in those two positions. If they can improve their D-line play they could be tough.

I think YSU could be a sleeper team. I think they underachieved last year. They have the talent on offense, but has their defense improved.

I am very nervous about the UNI game, but as long as the crowd never gets taken out of the game and we continue to play smart Bison football we will never be out of a chance of winning the game.

YSU is going to either be a toe to toe game or we will throttle them again like last year. I feel that YSUs defense is down.

Vitojr130
July 29th, 2013, 10:23 AM
UNI and SDSU have some really good counterparts all over the offensive side of the ball. Johnson/Zenner primarily, as both are Payton preseason nominees. Kollmorgen right now looks a decent clip ahead of Sumner, and that's the main reason I have UNI 2nd in my conference forecast. I have the Jacks at 13th in my preseason AGS poll (as another poster already pointed out) and fully believe they'll move higher than that in a hurry. I think they definitely start 3-0 (home games vs. Butler and SELA and on the road at UND), and I'm really intrigued to see how their defense handles Taylor Martinez and company at Nebraska in Week 4. Beyond that, some real potential to start out 3-1 in the conference (or heck, 4-0 if your call pans out) and the only really tough games they have after that are at home vs. UNI and on the road at Youngstown State. How the heck did you guys get to avoid playing Illinois State two years in a row?

I'm pretty high on SDSU, but I view them as a known quantity. I think Illinois State has the potential to be better this year, but that potential is riding on a lot of unknowns (particularly the transfer QB). Can't wait to tailgate in Brookings in late September.

For the most part, I agree. I think that SDSU is going to be NDSU's biggest challenger to the title this year with UNI and ISUr close behind. I think that UNI and ISUr are going to be d*** near tied talent-wise this year.

Houndawg
July 29th, 2013, 12:04 PM

The Jacks favorable home schedule is why I'm bucking the conventional wisdom and picking them to win the MVC. Gotta admire these guys, they do more with less than any team in FCS.

Houndawg
July 29th, 2013, 12:09 PM
For the most part, I agree. I think that SDSU is going to be NDSU's biggest challenger to the title this year with UNI and ISUr close behind. I think that UNI and ISUr are going to be d*** near tied talent-wise this year.

NDSU has two potential trap games, imo. Homecoming is against MSU the week following what is certain to be a huge game at UNI. I can see them being flat after winning at the UNI dome. The following week they come to Carbondale for SIU's Homecoming which has real potential for a Bison letdown if they beat UNI and then win their Homecoming against MSU, which is pretty likely.

caribbeanhen
July 29th, 2013, 12:45 PM
don't sleep on Del State xlolx

Bisonator
July 29th, 2013, 02:47 PM
don't sleep on Del State xlolx

Don't worry. Our backups will be ready after the Ferris State game! xsmiley_wix

Bisonator
July 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM
NDSU has two potential trap games, imo. Homecoming is against MSU the week following what is certain to be a huge game at UNI. I can see them being flat after winning at the UNI dome. The following week they come to Carbondale for SIU's Homecoming which has real potential for a Bison letdown if they beat UNI and then win their Homecoming against MSU, which is pretty likely.

The UNI game is in Fargo. I doubt we lose the homecoming game but MSU does seem to give us trouble. That SIU game could be a tough one no doubt. Heck outside of USD all the Valley games are tough!

Houndawg
July 29th, 2013, 04:09 PM
The UNI game is in Fargo. I doubt we lose the homecoming game but MSU does seem to give us trouble. That SIU game could be a tough one no doubt. Heck outside of USD all the Valley games are tough!

And naturally USD is the team we don't get to play. Again.

Yote 53
July 29th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I understand USD not gettting any love. I don't expect it after coming off last season. I do think you are all wrong, however, and USD is going to be much better this season, will not finish last in the conference, and will win at least 3 conference games. Somebody in the top half of the conference is going to get bit by the Yotes. We'll see...we'll see.

clenz
July 29th, 2013, 04:36 PM
No

quando omni flunkus moritati

SUPharmacist
July 29th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I understand USD not gettting any love. I don't expect it after coming off last season. I do think you are all wrong, however, and USD is going to be much better this season, will not finish last in the conference, and will win at least 3 conference games. Somebody in the top half of the conference is going to get bit by the Yotes. We'll see...we'll see.

I agree someone will get upset, but I still think USD is bound for the cellar again. Look on the bright side, you played a prominent role in keeping a 1 loss team out of the playoffs last year.

MplsBison
July 29th, 2013, 05:19 PM

USD is no easier than any bottom third MVFC team.

Just your nonsensical elistism towards any former NCC school. Even JBB calls it "Dakota big three" or something equally harebrained. Give it up.

SUPharmacist
July 29th, 2013, 05:22 PM
For those of your interested, DJKyRo and I have started the MVFC blog again this year.

Thank you both for putting this together again.

JSUBison
July 29th, 2013, 06:12 PM

The Kansas game will be tough, but I would love to see the yotes knock off the Jayhawks, USD still has players that were part of the Minnesota win. I think it would be a tall order, but USD has the potential to open up 4-1. I'm thinking 3-2 is more likely with losses to Kansas and MSU. Even 2-3 wouldn't be too bad, but anything less than 2 wins in the first 5 games could make for another long season. As long as they go 2-1 versus the Big Sky, I think most of us would be happy.

Bisonator
July 30th, 2013, 09:35 AM

Sorry I don't see that happening. If USD goes 3-9 overall this season I would be surprised. I would like to know who your 3 conference wins would be against? And your reasoning?

USD is no easier than any bottom third MVFC team.

Just your nonsensical elistism towards any former NCC school. Even JBB calls it "Dakota big three" or something equally harebrained. Give it up.

xblehx

MplsBison
July 30th, 2013, 12:39 PM
No skin off my back.

Just makes you lose credibility and look like bitter fool when they win a few games this season.

Bisonator
July 30th, 2013, 01:26 PM
No skin off my back.

Just makes you lose credibility and look like bitter fool when they win a few games this season.

xgiveadamnx

MplsBison
July 30th, 2013, 02:49 PM
You don't give a damn that I don't give a damn about your foolishness?

Noted.

Bisonoline
July 30th, 2013, 02:59 PM
No skin off my back.

If anyone knows about not having credibility its you. Since you never had any credibility its quite a stretch for you to say he is losing his.

Bisonator
July 30th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I don't give a damn that you don't give a damn about my foolishness!

Cue the orange Ursus! xlolx

MplsBison
July 30th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I couldn't think of a response! xlolx

I know.

Yote 53
July 30th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Sorry I don't see that happening. If USD goes 3-9 overall this season I would be surprised. I would like to know who your 3 conference wins would be against? And your reasoning?

xblehx

I think alot of what went on with USD's season last year had to deal with youth, inexperience, and a new coaching staff. The players are a year older, a year bigger and stronger, and now have experience playing under a new staff and system. The coaches also know the players abilities better and have had a year to fill needs. A lot of our losses last year were the 3 and 7 point variety. We were close, just not close enough to get over the hump. Thsi year the Yotes will have closed that gap and those close losses wil start turning onto some close wins.

Non-conference: I think we should beat UC Davis at home. I'm thinking we'll lose to Kansas. We should also lose the NAU game. Montana right now is too tough to predict. We played them well out there last year, this year we are at home but it is late in the season so much of that game depends on how the two teams seasons are going. If USD can battle and pick up some decent wins by that time of year I think we can beat Montana at home.

Conference: I think we win our first road conference game agaisnt WIU. It was a 7 point game last year and I think we've improved just enough to be able to win the game this year. I also think we beat MSU at home for much of the same reasons. 3 point game last year, I think we've closed the gap. The third win will come from either Ind St or YSU at home. YSU was a 13 pt loss last year and it'sa long road from Ohio to Vermillion, and while Ind St was a bad loss for us I think that would be the other game I would target we could win at home. Finally, I would not count out USD beating SDSU at home. It will be a trap game for SDSU, late in the season with USD having a chance to ruin the Jacks year.

Bottom line is USD was in a bad spot last year. The timing of coming into the MVFC couldn't have been worse. We were poised for a down year anyway, then a coaching change, turnover, and, well, the results were what they were. The MVFC has got to be the toughest conference in the country, no doubt.

darell1976
July 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I think alot of what went on with USD's season last year had to deal with youth, inexperience, and a new coaching staff. The players are a year older, a year bigger and stronger, and now have experience playing under a new staff and system. The coaches also know the players abilities better and have had a year to fill needs. A lot of our losses last year were the 3 and 7 point variety. We were close, just not close enough to get over the hump. Thsi year the Yotes will have closed that gap and those close losses wil start turning onto some close wins.

Non-conference: I think we should beat UC Davis at home. I'm thinking we'll lose to Kansas. We should also lose the NAU game. Montana right now is too tough to predict. We played them well out there last year, this year we are at home but it is late in the season so much of that game depends on how the two teams seasons are going. If USD can battle and pick up some decent wins by that time of year I think we can beat Montana at home.

Conference: I think we win our first road conference game agaisnt WIU. It was a 7 point game last year and I think we've improved just enough to be able to win the game this year. I also think we beat MSU at home for much of the same reasons. 3 point game last year, I think we've closed the gap. The third win will come from either Ind St or YSU at home. YSU was a 13 pt loss last year and it'sa long road from Ohio to Vermillion, and while Ind St was a bad loss for us I think that would be the other game I would target we could win at home. Finally, I would not count out USD beating SDSU at home. It will be a trap game for SDSU, late in the season with USD having a chance to ruin the Jacks year.

Bottom line is USD was in a bad spot last year. The timing of coming into the MVFC couldn't have been worse. We were poised for a down year anyway, then a coaching change, turnover, and, well, the results were what they were. The MVFC has got to be the toughest conference in the country, no doubt.

USD (like UND) got their feet wet in a "real" conference. Unlike the GWFC days there is 8 conference games not 4, all DI schedule no 2 or 3 DII games mixed in to fill out the 7 non-conference games. Now with one year of MVFC play under your belt your team will be more prepared what to expect and should grow with every year of tough competition. Your dome is a tough place to play and should have great crowds. I think USD will be in the mix or maybe get a playoff spot within the next 5 years. Good luck Yotes and can't wait to play you guys in 2016.

clenz
July 30th, 2013, 06:05 PM
USD may not go winless but they won't win more than 2 conference games.

The chances of USD ever being more than a MSU/ISUb/WIU type team in the MVFC is very very very very very very low. I see them competing with WIU, MSU, and ISUb for a bottom 3 spot each year.

Also, ISUb is about to fall back to obscurity. You're best two seasons in program history and no playoffs...you have 1 offensive threat that is a senior this year.

You are going through a coaching change...not just that...

BUT

The coach who left you is likely the only coach who ACTUALLY deep down in side thinks/thought he could turn it into a winner. He is a ISUb alumn and played football at ISUb AND HE BOLTED FOR GEORGIA FREAKING STATE. If there was ever a coach to get the university, and fan base, behind the program it was him...He left the school he played for and graduated from for the worst D1 program in the nation. There is no reason for an outsider to have hope for ISUb after this year (and honestly if ISUb gets to more than 7 wins I'd be shocked

MplsBison
July 30th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Damn clenz, you sure can rain on a parade.

I just don't see why USD can't do exactly what SDSU has done. If they get the same budget, get comparable facilities...why not?

clenz
July 30th, 2013, 06:23 PM
IF they get those...which isn't likely to happen.

They are way behind the boat when it comes to a lot of things. I'd best SDSU has stolen a TON of coverage from USD the last 5 years that USD will struggle to get back...SDSU is well a head of USD in upgrading facilities....and USD is WAY behind on recruiting. USD will very rarely beat UNI, SDSU, or NDSU out for recruits that those three REALLY want.

I grew up right in the foothold of the Dakota's....USD was always second fiddle to SDSU and the gap has only gotten larger

mmiller_34
July 30th, 2013, 06:52 PM
IF they get those...which isn't likely to happen.

They are way behind the boat when it comes to a lot of things. I'd best SDSU has stolen a TON of coverage from USD the last 5 years that USD will struggle to get back...SDSU is well a head of USD in upgrading facilities....and USD is WAY behind on recruiting. USD will very rarely beat UNI, SDSU, or NDSU out for recruits that those three REALLY want.

I grew up right in the foothold of the Dakota's....USD was always second fiddle to SDSU and the gap has only gotten larger

Even the fan base has a long ways to go for USD. SDSU has over tripled what USD brings in for ticket sales---couldn't have worded that any worse. You guys know what I mean tho.

Bisonator
July 31st, 2013, 08:10 AM
I wouldn't say USD can't ever get to the level of SDSU. What I'm saying is it aint happening this season. That is what we are talking about. Maybe 3-5 years down the road they become contenders but it's gonna take time, recruits and the right coaching staff, not to mention a commitment to the program that I don't see yet.

I see them winning the UC-Davis and MSU games. Possibly a third win against WIU or NAU depending on whether those teams are up or down which seems to vary from year to year. I simply do not see a third conference win looking at their schedule. Sure an upset could happen, but right now that's my opinion off of what happened last season.

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 08:18 AM
Losses: @ Kansas, @ NAU, vs ISUb, @ UNI, @ ISUr, vs YSU, vs Montana, vs, SDSU, @ NDSU
Wins: vs MSU (only because it’s at home)
Toss ups: vs UC Davis (I’d bet on Davis) and @ WIU (I’d bet on WIU as of today because it’s at WIU

I don't see USD getting over 3 wins, and I don't see more than 2 conference wins

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 08:34 AM
For UNI I have

@ Iowa State - L
Drake - W
@ Northern Colorado - W
McNeese State - W
@ NDSU - L
SIU - W
USD - W
@SDSU - W
@ISUr - W
YSU - W
@ MSU - W
WIU – W

Games I feel are locks as W’s:
Drake, UNC, USD, YSU, MSU, WIU

Games I have as a W that could be an L:
SDSU, ISUr, McNeese St

Games I have as a L that could be a W:
Iowa State, NDSU

I see UNI probably finishing 9-3/8-4

Yote 53
July 31st, 2013, 08:55 AM
USD may not go winless but they won't win more than 2 conference games.

The chances of USD ever being more than a MSU/ISUb/WIU type team in the MVFC is very very very very very very low. I see them competing with WIU, MSU, and ISUb for a bottom 3 spot each year.

Also, ISUb is about to fall back to obscurity. You're best two seasons in program history and no playoffs...you have 1 offensive threat that is a senior this year.

You are going through a coaching change...not just that...

BUT

The coach who left you is likely the only coach who ACTUALLY deep down in side thinks/thought he could turn it into a winner. He is a ISUb alumn and played football at ISUb AND HE BOLTED FOR GEORGIA FREAKING STATE. If there was ever a coach to get the university, and fan base, behind the program it was him...He left the school he played for and graduated from for the worst D1 program in the nation. There is no reason for an outsider to have hope for ISUb after this year (and honestly if ISUb gets to more than 7 wins I'd be shocked

You are clueless when it comes to USD. This year, yeah, we are not going to be contenders, but given some time this program will be a contender in the MVFC. I think there is a lot of jealousy from UNI fans. They don't like these Dakota schools comig in and taking over their conference. Well, it's happening.

If I was a UNI fan I'd be more concerned about getting my own house in order. If you guys don't shore up your financial situation you'll be playing non-scholarship football before you know it because going FBS is a pipedream for you guys and your funding levels now are driving you broke in FCS. Something is going to give and it won't be UNI basketball in the Valley. The football program will be the sacrificial lamb. If you don't comprehend that then you really don't understand your place in the state of Iowa and where you lie in the pecking order both in terms of fan support and at the Statehouse in Des Moines. Iowa is a Hawkeye state first, a Cyclone state second, and only a few people in the Cedar Valley even give a rip about UNI football. Even then there are more Hawkeye fans there than anything else.

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 09:08 AM
You are clueless when it comes to USD. This year, yeah, we are not going to be contenders, but given some time this program will be a contender in the MVFC. I think there is a lot of jealousy from UNI fans. They don't like these Dakota schools comig in and taking over their conference. Well, it's happening.

If I was a UNI fan I'd be more concerned about getting my own house in order. If you guys don't shore up your financial situation you'll be playing non-scholarship football before you know it because going FBS is a pipedream for you guys and your funding levels now are driving you broke in FCS. Something is going to give and it won't be UNI basketball in the Valley. The football program will be the sacrificial lamb. If you don't comprehend that then you really don't understand your place in the state of Iowa and where you lie in the pecking order both in terms of fan support and at the Statehouse in Des Moines. Iowa is a Hawkeye state first, a Cyclone state second, and only a few people in the Cedar Valley even give a rip about UNI football. Even then there are more Hawkeye fans there than anything else.
Holy ****...you're a maroon.

UNI is something like 13-2 against the Dakota schools the last couple seasons.

NDSU has something we want in their entire athletic department...

SDSU has nothing we are jealous of, in any way shape and or form across the athletic department

USD...Holy ****....what the **** could we possibly be jealous of about USD? You're ****ing football stadium and proposed basketball arena are literally smaller and cheaper ****ing rip offs of UNI....seriously. Your dome is a smaller/cheaper version of ours. Your athletic department used the same company to build it, toured ours and said "We want that, but smaller". The same thing is happening with your basketball arena.

You're understanding of the funding situation is also pretty funny....

Yote 53
July 31st, 2013, 09:16 AM

SDSU has nothing we are jealous of, in any way shape and or form across the athletic department

USD...Holy ****....what the **** could we possibly be jealous of about USD? You're ****ing football stadium and proposed basketball arena are literally smaller and cheaper ****ing rip offs of UNI....seriously. Your dome is a smaller/cheaper version of ours. Your athletic department used the same company to build it, toured ours and said "We want that, but smaller". The same thing is happening with your basketball arena.

Address the rest of post, Clenz. Facts are the Dakota schools are moving in and taking over and UNI is trending down long term. Must suck to have watched NDSU win the last two titles and now see UNI predicted 3rd behind two Dakota schools. Hell, I know it sucks for USD fans to see the success of the States. We want it to, and we'll get it eventually.

I talked to a former UNI player a while back that all he could do is talk crap about how good UNI was and how they were going FBS. I replied, FBS? You're more likely to join Drake in the Pioneer League. Oh, I see UNI has them on the schedule this season. Probably getting started early on what I'm betting will be a long heated rivalry.

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 09:24 AM
You're a ****ing moron.

UNI is much closer to FBS than dropping football to non-scholly.

Indiana State, Montana State (twice) , North Dakota, and Lehigh have all played Drake in the last 3 seasons...I guess they are all going Pioneer league as well. Lehigh also played them in 08. Illinois State played Drake recently as well.

Oh, what's that USD played Drake as well just 4 years ago? You ****ers better get your **** together, or you'll end up non-scholly too.

Damn, there sure are a lot of schools that are in danger of going PFL because they played them OOC.

Never mind that Drake and UNI are 2 hours apart, UNI has tens of thousands of alumni in the Des Moines area, easy way to draw 85-90% capacity to the dome at $30 a pop...and since it's family weekend it will be a 95%+ attendance game at 30 a pop...

Yeah, UNI was REAL stupid to do that one.

344Johnson
July 31st, 2013, 10:10 AM
You're a ****ing moron.

UNI is much closer to FBS than dropping football to non-scholly.

Indiana State, Montana State (twice) , North Dakota, and Lehigh have all played Drake in the last 3 seasons...I guess they are all going Pioneer league as well. Lehigh also played them in 08. Illinois State played Drake recently as well.

Oh, what's that USD played Drake as well just 4 years ago? You ****ers better get your **** together, or you'll end up non-scholly too.

Damn, there sure are a lot of schools that are in danger of going PFL because they played them OOC.

Never mind that Drake and UNI are 2 hours apart, UNI has tens of thousands of alumni in the Des Moines area, easy way to draw 85-90% capacity to the dome at $30 a pop...and since it's family weekend it will be a 95%+ attendance game at 30 a pop...

Yeah, UNI was REAL stupid to do that one.

The State of South Dakota would not allow USD to go D-I non scholarship I do not think.

Vitojr130
July 31st, 2013, 10:17 AM
The State of South Dakota would not allow USD to go D-I non scholarship I do not think.

This. In comparison to Yotes example of UNI's status, USD is like the Hawkeyes of South Dakota. UNI would be the equivalent of Black Hills state xlolx

But in all seriousness, USD used to be a fairly decent competitor at the DII level. They just have to get their poop in a group and once they do, they will be a contender again. Heck, they already have an FBS win.

Yote 53
July 31st, 2013, 10:20 AM

Whereas the State of Iowa may force UNI to go non-scholarship football. There is a law on the books that the state university athletic departments must be self-sufficient. Iowa was. Iowa State now is. UNI is a gaping hole. UNI may not have a choice.

I was just getting in your grill with that Drake thing. In know USD played Drake, I was at the game. I was pointing out how UNI and Drake are going to become close rivals in the Pioneer League in the future. Apparently that was lost on you.

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 11:12 AM
UNI will not be forced to go non-scholly....

Nor is that "law" near what you want to believe it is.

KUlawJack
July 31st, 2013, 11:25 AM

You're understanding of the funding situation is also pretty funny....

Serious question - Do you guys have an indoor practice facility? I really do not know. If not, that is something you may want that we will have. It will benefit all outdoor sports.

We've been D-I for less than a decade. I like where we're trending. We sent the four top sports at our school to the NCAA postseason last year.

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 11:39 AM
Serious question - Do you guys have an indoor practice facility? I really do not know. If not, that is something you may want that we will have. It will benefit all outdoor sports.

We've been D-I for less than a decade. I like where we're trending. We sent the four top sports at our school to the NCAA postseason last year.
We have a dome....how would we not have an indoor practice facility?

The dome is able to host practice/games/camps for football, track, basketball, wrestling, volleyball, soccer, tennis, and softball if it has too.....that's on top of our Human Performance Center and Wellness and Recreation Center that has about 6 basketball courts, an Olympic multi-lane pool

I guess I'm not sure what you are asking.

MplsBison
July 31st, 2013, 01:10 PM
If true what clenz said, then it explains why the Dakota Dome and the UNI Dome has such similar exterior appearance.

If the UNI Dome is completely owned and operated by UNI, then it wouldn't surprise me that all athletic teams have frequent access to it for practice time.

That's not anywhere near the situation in Fargo. The Fargodome is owned and operated by an entity other than NDSU. And that entity is constantly trying to maximize the number of revenue generating events that occupy at least part of the event floor space.

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 01:22 PM
There's a reason the UNI-Dome is called the UNI-Dome...not the Cedar Falls Dome.

Also, it's 100% true on the UNIDome/Dakota Dome issue

IBleedYellow
July 31st, 2013, 01:22 PM
Clenz not realizing his pecking order in his own state is pretty funny.

However, I don't believe that UNI would get pushed into non-scholarship. I'm sure they'd have boosters that would keep them afloat.

KUlawJack
July 31st, 2013, 01:37 PM
We have a dome....how would we not have an indoor practice facility?

The dome is able to host practice/games/camps for football, track, basketball, wrestling, volleyball, soccer, tennis, and softball if it has too.....that's on top of our Human Performance Center and Wellness and Recreation Center that has about 6 basketball courts, an Olympic multi-lane pool

I guess I'm not sure what you are asking.

I asked because I've never been to the UNI-Dome. I didn't know if the seating was permanent and couldn't be moved or whether you had an indoor track, etc.

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 01:54 PM
Clenz not realizing his pecking order in his own state is pretty funny.

However, I don't believe that UNI would get pushed into non-scholarship. I'm sure they'd have boosters that would keep them afloat.
I realize we are third, I've never once said that we aren't.

It's all of the other stupid **** I decided to address.

MplsBison
July 31st, 2013, 02:07 PM
There's a reason the UNI-Dome is called the UNI-Dome...not the Cedar Falls Dome.

Also, it's 100% true on the UNIDome/Dakota Dome issue

So how do they pay for the UNI-Dome's operation year round? Just part of the athletic dept's budget? In other words, five or six football games pay for the lights to be turned on, HVAC, utilities, maintenance and for crew to prepare the event floor for various different activities year round? Seems .... suspect.

MplsBison
July 31st, 2013, 02:16 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/407625/group/Sports/

Kolpack (Fargo Forum) on USD.

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 02:16 PM
I asked because I've never been to the UNI-Dome. I didn't know if the seating was permanent and couldn't be moved or whether you had an indoor track, etc.
The seating is all fixed, though we can easily bring in extra bleachers depending on the events.

Wrestling:
http://www.uncpbraves.com/sports/wrest/2010-11/photos/UNIDome_Wrestling.jpg?max_width=500
Older Pic
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4017/4473542691_1d89c6c28d.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/528353_578471822177267_1665431811_n.jpg

Basketball
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/asdfasdfasdfasdf_zps703f2d36.jpg?t=1375211018
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/d7/3d7f2b90-713b-54ce-b24d-959df5d25c2d/3d7f2b90-713b-54ce-b24d-959df5d25c2d.preview-300.jpg
http://www.vpaf.uni.edu/eventcomplex/unidome/eventpics/0001events/images/aybt/aybts.jpg

Softball
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/MP/MPBUMQMEXMNWFLK.20130209034729.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/991wdgm.com/files/2013/02/photo-13-630x472.jpg
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/BU/BUECSJMGYWYXDON.20130209034729.jpg

In fact, this viral video from April is from the UNIDome
http://bustedcoverage.com/2013/04/17/grandpas-ipad-gets-f-ked-up-by-foul-ball-at-northern-iowa-softball-game-video/

Track
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/800/DC/DCVTDUUAMLHDZYT.20110920212806.jpg
http://www.vpaf.uni.edu/eventcomplex/unidome/eventpics/0102events/images/MVC/mvc2.jpg

Heck...back in the day it hosted field hockey
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrKmVtr_ddOEOSfi5z2QGTIIz430KY_ GVxN4LA4D7j-HIkipL_Zg

Only football and track call the dome home anymore (with the exception of a couple softball games per year) as all of the other sports have their own homes now. However, multiple camps per year are held there as well as concerts and major events (wrestling nationals and what not)

The dome also hosts high school games though the year, as well as the state semi's and finals for all classes.

gotts
July 31st, 2013, 02:20 PM
Address the rest of post, Clenz. Facts are the Dakota schools are moving in and taking over and UNI is trending down long term. Must suck to have watched NDSU win the last two titles and now see UNI predicted 3rd behind two Dakota schools. Hell, I know it sucks for USD fans to see the success of the States. We want it to, and we'll get it eventually.

This right here is funny, you can't make this stuff up!

I would suggest accomplishing something positive in the conference (which UNI has in the past) before saying your "older siblings" are the reason why you're gonna be great!

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 02:20 PM
So how do they pay for the UNI-Dome's operation year round? Just part of the athletic dept's budget? In other words, five or six football games pay for the lights to be turned on, HVAC, utilities, maintenance and for crew to prepare the event floor for various different activities year round? Seems .... suspect.
See above post...but...

The dome is in use almost all of the time, softball games, track and field events, wrestling events, camps, renting it out for concerts and probably 18-24 trade shows, job fairs, etc....

The dome also holds the main weight room for athletes.

The dome holds the offices for the athletic department, Panther Scholarship Club, ticket office,

IBleedYellow
July 31st, 2013, 02:21 PM
Only football and track call the dome home anymore (with the exception of a couple softball games per year) as all of the other sports have their own homes now. However, multiple camps per year are held there as well as concerts and major events (wrestling nationals and what not)

The dome also hosts high school games though the year, as well as the state semi's and finals for all classes.

Looks like the UNI-Dome suits you guys well. With that said.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8j6sTawoGs

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 02:25 PM
Looks like the UNI-Dome suits you guys well. With that said.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8j6sTawoGs
Linked in the post you quoted.

First time I saw that on ESPN I instantly thought "Holy ****, is that the dome?"

A little research, and it is.

That was during the UNIDome Classic this past year (which NDSU was in). I believe it was Drake vs. Illinois I think?

IBleedYellow
July 31st, 2013, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure, honestly. All that I knew was it was at the UNI-Dome.

MplsBison
July 31st, 2013, 02:52 PM
See above post...but...

The dome is in use almost all of the time, softball games, track and field events, wrestling events, camps, renting it out for concerts and probably 18-24 trade shows, job fairs, etc....

The dome also holds the main weight room for athletes.

The dome holds the offices for the athletic department, Panther Scholarship Club, ticket office,

So my question: how does UNI pay for this building to be operated year round? Is it just another (large) line in the athletic dept budget? Does the state chip in?

You're saying revenue from football plus renting the facility out to various clubs, high schools ,etc?

Keep in mind that there must be a crew that sets up the floor for all these different events. That's not free. HVAC isn't free, it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Utilities aren't free. Etc.

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 03:36 PM
The number of events in the dome pretty much offsets the cost of it. There are some really big trade shows every year, and the dome isn't cheap to rent.

Couple that with making people pay to park at said events and the revenue from home games.

As for which budget it comes from, I don't know if it's athletics or facilities. It's a campus building - not just athletic department. It's also used for intramural and is open to the public pretty much every day that there isn't an event. The building is pretty much always in use...I don't know who "foots the bill", but the "bill" is pretty well paid for

IBleedYellow
July 31st, 2013, 03:42 PM
It doesn't honestly matter man. It's paid for that's what matters. I know the ways it makes money, but MLPS likes to push you guys down for having a facility.

The Fargodome and UNI both do exactly what their respective universities need them for.

NDSU would like a larger one, but oh well.

Galaxy S4

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 03:45 PM
Also, it's LONG been paid for....so there's not cost on that.

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 03:51 PM
Turf was paid for by the Black Hawk County Gaming Association.

Scoreboard by the Iowa High School Athletic Association

MplsBison
July 31st, 2013, 04:04 PM
The number of events in the dome pretty much offsets the cost of it. There are some really big trade shows every year, and the dome isn't cheap to rent.

Couple that with making people pay to park at said events and the revenue from home games.

As for which budget it comes from, I don't know if it's athletics or facilities. It's a campus building - not just athletic department. It's also used for intramural and is open to the public pretty much every day that there isn't an event. The building is pretty much always in use...I don't know who "foots the bill", but the "bill" is pretty well paid for

Fair enough.

Color me jealous. I wish NDSU owned a building such as that.

Nonetheless, they rent space in a similar building that is not owned by the school but is located on campus.

skinny_uncle
August 1st, 2013, 04:54 AM
xcoffeex

UNIFanSince1983
August 1st, 2013, 06:38 AM
Does a USD fan really think UNI is trending downwards? We are coming off a 5-6 season in which we played two FBS schools. Okay so we had our 3rd losing season since moving to DI. The two years before we were conference champions. I am not sure that should be considered trending downwards. How many times has SDSU won the conference since being in the conference? SDSU has beaten us 1 time since moving up, and that includes games before they were in the conference. I don't see how they have 'overtaken' us. NDSU on the other hand is a different story. I don't see us trending downward. I see us being right where we were. Even with NDSU winning National Championships we have been right there with them in the conference race. We have only missed the playoffs 3 times since 2005.

USD will win 1 conference game this year against WIU. They might get a second against MSU. To that end they could get things started, but this conference is really really tough right now. It will be challenging with being so far behind the other schools in their footprint already.

MplsBison
August 1st, 2013, 11:15 AM
I think it's fair enough to say that UNI is right where it was before NDSU took over the last two years.

Before that they were battling SIU for the conference every year it seemed. So NDSU effectively replaced SIU.

Houndawg
August 1st, 2013, 08:23 PM
I think it's fair enough to say that UNI is right where it was before NDSU took over the last two years.

Before that they were battling SIU for the conference every year it seemed. So NDSU effectively replaced SIU.

They can't win in Carbondale.xcoffeex

clenz
August 1st, 2013, 09:24 PM
You aren't much better in cedar falls

IBleedYellow
August 1st, 2013, 10:24 PM
and neither of you are good in the playoffs.

/thread

:D

Houndawg
August 2nd, 2013, 06:15 AM
and neither of you are good in the playoffs.

/thread

Only one of us doesn't have a national championship.xcoffeex

Bisonator
August 2nd, 2013, 08:09 AM
xpopcornx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 2nd, 2013, 06:57 PM
Does a USD fan really think UNI is trending downwards? We are coming off a 5-6 season in which we played two FBS schools. Okay so we had our 3rd losing season since moving to DI. The two years before we were conference champions. I am not sure that should be considered trending downwards. How many times has SDSU won the conference since being in the conference? SDSU has beaten us 1 time since moving up, and that includes games before they were in the conference. I don't see how they have 'overtaken' us. NDSU on the other hand is a different story. I don't see us trending downward. I see us being right where we were. Even with NDSU winning National Championships we have been right there with them in the conference race. We have only missed the playoffs 3 times since 2005.

USD will win 1 conference game this year against WIU. They might get a second against MSU. To that end they could get things started, but this conference is really really tough right now. It will be challenging with being so far behind the other schools in their footprint already.

Pretty interesting read after being gone for a week.

USD will be lucky to win one conference game this year. I thought they would go winless in the conference last year....xcoffeex

UNI is well, UNI. The Panthers will usually be in the top of the league every year.

As mentioned earlier, I see NDSU/SDSU/UNI and maybe one other Valley team make the expanded playoffs this year.

UNIFanSince1983
August 2nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
Only one of us doesn't have a national championship.xcoffeex

As a UNI fan I have come to terms with the fact that we have never won a National Championship, and more than likely will never get one. I am a pessimist if you couldn't tell.

clenz
August 2nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
As a UNI fan I have come to terms with the fact that we have never won a National Championship, and more than likely will never get one. I am a pessimist if you couldn't tell.

I'd say I'm on the more optimistic side of panther fans, and I have during doubt we will ever win one...didn't keep me from hoping every year

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 2nd, 2013, 07:36 PM
I'd say I'm on the more optimistic side of panther fans, and I have during doubt we will ever win one...didn't keep me from hoping every year

Not this year but your QB has a chance his junior and senior seasons. Kid is good.

Houndawg
August 3rd, 2013, 05:05 AM

Maybe they could get some sort of affiliation with the Chicago Cubs?

clenz
August 3rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
No...we're more the Vikings or Bills

Get close the **** it up.

You're more like the Cubs.

1 title a long long time ago and have ****ed it up ever since

Houndawg
August 3rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
No...we're more the Vikings or Bills

Get close the **** it up.

You're more like the Cubs.

1 title a long long time ago and have ****ed it up ever since

I realize that your snippiness is just the butthurt over the 100 yard fumble return talking. I'd feel the same way if my team couldn't run down a LB in 100 yards....

MplsBison
August 3rd, 2013, 09:16 AM

You mean like this? http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t451

MplsBison
August 3rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Pretty interesting read after being gone for a week.

USD will be lucky to win one conference game this year. I thought they would go winless in the conference last year....xcoffeex

UNI is well, UNI. The Panthers will usually be in the top of the league every year.

As mentioned earlier, I see NDSU/SDSU/UNI and maybe one other Valley team make the expanded playoffs this year.

The difference is - if it were an objective person predicting USD to go winless in the conference, that'd be fine.

But people like you, Bisonator, etc. *want* USD to go winless every season from now until forever....because they remind you of UND.

That's friggin' pathetic.

World
August 3rd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Why does the blog concentrate mostly on the Illinois State passing situation when it is a well known fact that they will be mostly a running team this year, particularly because of the JC transfer RB that will be the best RB in, not only the MVC, but the FCS?

underdawg
August 3rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
Why does the blog concentrate mostly on the Illinois State passing situation when it is a well known fact that they will be mostly a running team this year, particularly because of the JC transfer RB that will be the best RB in, not only the MVC, but the FCS?

Good one. I assume you're being sarcastic

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 3rd, 2013, 01:48 PM
The difference is - if it were an objective person predicting USD to go winless in the conference, that'd be fine.

But people like you, Bisonator, etc. *want* USD to go winless every season from now until forever....because they remind you of UND.

That's friggin' pathetic.

...and the moron speaks....xsmashx

Get over it.

Clenz is right about USD. They will be bottom feeders for a few years in the Valley. Your 'love affair' with UND and USD is funny to say the least. Go thru their schedule and tell me where you see 3 or 4 conference wins.

Maybe WIU and MSU....a big maybe.

I'm sure you'll have them in the top 3 in the conference standings.

Go cheer for your favorite team: UND

IBleedYellow
August 3rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
...and the moron speaks....xsmashx

Get over it.

Clenz is right about USD. They will be bottom feeders for a few years in the Valley. Your 'love affair' with UND and USD is funny to say the least. Go thru their schedule and tell me where you see 3 or 4 conference wins.

Maybe WIU and MSU....a big maybe.

I'm sure you'll have them in the top 3 in the conference standings.

Go cheer for your favorite team: UND

See his red rep dot? I'm proud to say I turned it that color from grey. Watched it happen.

DJKyR0
August 3rd, 2013, 02:49 PM
Hey, if everybody who views this thread could just give the blog a click every time you look in here, that'd be great. :)

DJKyR0
August 3rd, 2013, 02:51 PM
JC transfer RB that will be the best RB in, not only the MVC, but the FCS?

Bold claim, considering he's got two Payton nominees to unseat just in the conference.

clenz
August 3rd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Bold claim, considering he's got two Payton nominees to unseat just in the conference.
3 on the short watch list for this year

Bell
Zenner
Johnson

Then again the last time a non-qb won the Payton? A decade ago when RB Jamaal Branch of Colgate won the award

Only 3 award winners since the turn of the century have been something other than QB

DJKyR0
August 3rd, 2013, 03:02 PM
3 on the short watch list for this year

Bell
Zenner
Johnson

Then again the last time a non-qb won the Payton? A decade ago when RB Jamaal Branch of Colgate won the award

Only 3 award winners since the turn of the century have been something other than QB

Keep forgetting about Bell. Thanks for the reminder.

Yeah, it's unlikely any of the three are going to win it, but doesn't overshadow the point that there are some really good backs in the league this year and claiming that a JUCO is going to come in and be on top (and in the entirety of the FCS?) is a tall order.

clenz
August 3rd, 2013, 03:32 PM

Yeah, it's unlikely any of the three are going to win it, but doesn't overshadow the point that there are some really good backs in the league this year and claiming that a JUCO is going to come in and be on top (and in the entirety of the FCS?) is a tall order.Bauman of NAU, Flanders of SHSU, Koonce of Fordhan, Pierce of UD, and West from Towson off the top of my head are backs I would put with/ahead of Bell, Zenner, Johnson.

NDSU's backs are very good as well, but with the two back system they won't have the stats for "Best back" award

IBleedYellow
August 3rd, 2013, 03:47 PM
Bauman of NAU, Flanders of SHSU, Koonce of Fordhan, Pierce of UD, and West from Towson off the top of my head are backs I would put with/ahead of Bell, Zenner, Johnson.

NDSU's backs are very good as well, but with the two back system they won't have the stats for "Best back" award

I don't know if I could rank that list in a First - Worst type situation, some run in different styles. I've been amazed to be able to watch Zenner, Bell and Flanders in person. I honestly can't tell you which back was better due to them being just destroyed by our defense. Honestly the person who I was most impressed by was Eric B.

Many people complain about the two back system a lot, I don't see the merit. Look at the amount of 1k+ runners we've had in the recent past, hell the past 10 years. NDSU is a running school, promise you that.

World
August 3rd, 2013, 03:55 PM
Good one. I assume you're being sarcastic

actually, very serious

World
August 3rd, 2013, 03:56 PM

Bold, but very realistic

World
August 3rd, 2013, 03:57 PM

Yeah, it's unlikely any of the three are going to win it, but doesn't overshadow the point that there are some really good backs in the league this year and claiming that a JUCO is going to come in and be on top (and in the entirety of the FCS?) is a tall order.

and yet

that claim will come very true as the season progresses

MplsBison
August 3rd, 2013, 06:50 PM
See his red rep dot? I'm proud to say I turned it that color from grey. Watched it happen.

You mean 'gray', right?

Bisonoline
August 3rd, 2013, 07:00 PM
You mean 'gray', right?

Grey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the surname, see Grey (surname). For other uses and spelling, see Grey (disambiguation).
Grey
Color icon gray v2.svg
Common connotations
pessimism, depression, blandness, boredom, neutrality, fog, undefinedness, old age, contentment, the brain (grey matter) and speed
About these coordinates Color coordinates
Hex triplet #808080
sRGBB (r, g, b) (128, 128, 128)
CMYKH (c, m, y, k) (0, 0, 0, 50)
HSV (h, s, v) (--°, 0%, 50%)
Source HTML/CSS[1]
B: Normalized to [0–255] (byte)
H: Normalized to [0–100] (hundred)

Grey or gray is an intermediate color between black and white, a neutral or achromatic color, meaning literally a color "without color." [2] It is the color of a cloud-covered sky, of ash and of lead.[3]

The first recorded use of grey as a color name in the English language was in AD 700.[4] Grey is the British, Canadian, Australian, Irish, New Zealand and South African spelling, although gray remained in common usage in the UK until the second half of the 20th century.[5] Gray has been the preferred American spelling since approximately 1825,[6] although grey is an accepted variant.[7][8

MplsBison
August 4th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Meh.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define+gray
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define+grey

Southern Bison
August 4th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Meh.

Oh good! So you do understand our reactions to the crap you normally post.

MplsBison
August 4th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Oh good! So you do understand our reactions to the crap you normally post.

Usually I don't, because my posts are usually very well thought out, very lucid, very logical and most of the time the responses I get are emotionally based.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Usually I don't, because my posts are usually very well thought out, very lucid, very logical and most of the time the responses I get are emotionally based.

Like your 'well thought out' love for UND....xcoffeex

MplsBison
August 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Like your 'well thought out' love for UND....xcoffeex

LOL!

You literally could not have proven me more correct if you tried.

Answered with an emotional, not even non-intellectual...I would call it anti-intellectual, response.

Thank you :D

Southern Bison
August 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM

http://www.jasonshen.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/kick-butt.gif

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM
LOL!

You literally could not have proven me more correct if you tried.

Answered with an emotional, not even non-intellectual...I would call it anti-intellectual, response.

Thank you :D

Just like most others on here have pointed out, you post garbage and spew out nonsense.

For the record: No frickin way you are a NDSU fan. Go back and crawl into the hole you came from.

Bisonoline
August 4th, 2013, 03:06 PM

Persons diagnosed with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder are characterized by unwarranted feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy for others. These qualities are usually defenses against a deep feeling of inferiority and of being unloved.[6]
Symptoms

Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-IV-TR include:[1]

Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
Envies others and believes others envy him/her
Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior
Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic

Per the Mayo Clinic, narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, which is in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders.[7]

Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:

Believing that you're better than others
Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
Exaggerating your achievements or talents
Expecting constant praise and admiration
Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
Taking advantage of others
Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
Being jealous of others
Believing that others are jealous of you