PDA

View Full Version : Can the Huesman/Durden combo be outschemed?

chattownmocs
July 28th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Is this the best offense mind/defensive mind combo in the nation. Who else has a national championship winning offensive and defensive guy whose unit was largely responsible for their team winning the national title? Is this what the mocs have been missing? Now with a Socon leading 9 all conference players including 6 first teamers. It's gonna be hard to outcoach this combo with this talent.

344Johnson
July 28th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Is this the best offense mind/defensive mind combo in the nation. Who else has a national championship winning offensive and defensive guy whose unit was largely responsible for their team winning the national title? Is this what the mocs have been missing? Now with a Socon leading 9 all conference players including 6 first teamers. It's gonna be hard to outcoach this combo with this talent.

Georgia Southern and Appy will manage to do it.

SU DOG
July 28th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Well, do you reckon that Nick Saban might be able to scheme something that will let Bama at least be competitive?

Saint3333
July 28th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Satterfield - App OC that scored 34 on UTC last year

Woody - WC DC that held UTC to 13 last year

playing in a location UTC hasn't won since 1983, I like our chances.

The only unfortunate part about our game is it follows the GSU game.

mountaineer in Cane Land
July 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM
thank god this is the last year my mountaineers will have to play the greatest football program, not only in the FCS but also in the FBS, I mean, think about it, my mountaineers have not lost to Chatt since 1983, clearly, that's based on pure luck, and very little skill. Just looking at all that future NFL talent, with a coaching staff that's clearly the best in the country, I just hope they show mercy on us this year in Boone, and pull their starters once they are up by 40 in the second quarter.

chattownmocs
July 28th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Satterfield - App OC that scored 34 on UTC last year

Woody - WC DC that held UTC to 13 last year

playing in a location UTC hasn't won since 1983, I like our chances.

The only unfortunate part about our game is it follows the GSU game.

Do you honestly believe that satterfield outcoach human last year? That is just silly. At the very best it was even. App State's D rose up after their embarrassing performance against the citadel and took it to an offense that was not ready. Chattanooga's offense was never great last year but it was significantly worse early than it was late. Its gonna even with woody (I don't think Dale Jones was all bad honestly) be much more difficult for them, particularly without most of their so-called superstar on D.

chattownmocs
July 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM
thank god this is the last year my mountaineers will have to play the greatest football program, not only in the FCS but also in the FBS, I mean, think about it, my mountaineers have not lost to Chatt since 1983, clearly, that's based on pure luck, and very little skill. Just looking at all that future NFL talent, with a coaching staff that's clearly the best in the country, I just hope they show mercy on us this year in Boone, and pull their starters once they are up by 40 in the second quarter.

I wasn't born in 1983 and I remember watching an awful Chattanooga team drop 59 on App State in a win not that long ago. Why do Georgia southern and app fans always exaggerate their stats. You can say whatever about me. I don't post incorrect stats or historical records. But honestly, who would even take a stat like haven't won in this stadium since blah blah blah. I remembered talking that bs about Tennessee vs candy last year. it was almost the same. it was absolutely irrelevant because our team played terrible football all year. Candy had no fear because they hadn't beat Tennessee at home since the 80s. App State has no mental edge because of historical records. It means nothing. Our team has played with confidence there since 09 second half. If they didn't before that it was because they were awful.

Nickels
July 28th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, last year. Right before the Mocs played anyone ranked and lost.

chattownmocs
July 28th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, last year. Right before the Mocs played anyone ranked and lost.

The Citadel was ranked 11 and we kicked their ass last year.

mountaineer in Cane Land
July 28th, 2013, 02:59 PM
every year we hear, from you chattownmocs, about all the great potential , and how the Mocs are finally going to win the SC and make a run in the playoffs, question to you is when the @$#& is it going to happen? No one doubts the defense, it have proven its a strong unit, year in, year out, but every year the offense, and your coaching staff costs you from making a run at the SC. From what I see, based on last years performance, and the year before, and the year before, your running game is weak, your offensive line is average, you have no wide receivers that scare anyone, and a averge qb. Not saying that that cant somehow put it all togeather, find a "diamond in the rough" running back, or receiver, and suddenly, the light come on in Huesiman head and he finally learns to be a complete headcoach, but that's asking alot and until I actually see it on the field, got to believe you are not going to beat App, GS, and this year Samford.

chattownmocs
July 28th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Jacksonville state was ranked 10 when we rolled them the year before that. Georgia Southern was ranked when we beat them the year before that. Pretty furman was ranked that year too, we rolled them. On the road. I don't think we had won there in a while either.

Bisonoline
July 28th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Jacksonville state was ranked 10 when we rolled them the year before that. Georgia Southern was ranked when we beat them the year before that. Pretty furman was ranked that year too, we rolled them. On the road. I don't think we had won there in a while either.

So you beat them. How did the rest of the season work out for you? With all these great teams that you supposedly had I dont remember you being in the playoffs. Please explain.

chattownmocs
July 28th, 2013, 03:37 PM
So you beat them. How did the rest of the season work out for you? With all these great teams that you supposedly had I dont remember you being in the playoffs. Please explain.

Based on what my statement was and what I was responding to, it wouldn't matter if we were the worst team in the country. We have beaten several ranked teams.

Bisonoline
July 28th, 2013, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=chattownmocs;1981554]Based on what my statement was and what I was responding to, it wouldn't matter if we were the worst team in the country. We have beaten several ranked teams.[/QUO

xrolleyesx xthumbsupx xcoffeex

eaglewraith
July 28th, 2013, 04:09 PM

Yea pretty sure we weren't ranked at that point after going 5-6 the year before and coming into the UTC game at 3-2.

chattownmocs
July 28th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Yea pretty sure we weren't ranked at that point after going 5-6 the year before and coming into the UTC game at 3-2.

I think you were.

eaglewraith
July 28th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I think you were.

If we were it was barely. We flirted in and out of the bottom of the rankings and were pretty lucky to make it to the playoffs. I think we squeezed inside the top 20 after the run we went on that started with beating App and winning out the rest of the way.

Southern Bison
July 28th, 2013, 05:50 PM

Someone needs to duct tape your beak shut for a few weeks...Y'all "roll" on up to Fargo & we'll show you two FCS Championship trophies and then whoop your feathered ass! BTW, we have a 2-time NC head coach and staff and return 20 of 22 starters. If you're actually still on AGS after October, then you can talk a little. The only chance UTC has at a SoCon title is because App & GaSo are ineligible.

LeadBolt
July 28th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Yes

Saint3333
July 28th, 2013, 07:32 PM
34 points would suggest so.

eaglewraith
July 28th, 2013, 09:02 PM
/looks at 1-3 record vs Georgia Southern

Yep I think it can be done.

CID1990
July 28th, 2013, 09:09 PM
The Citadel was ranked 11 and we kicked their ass last year.

And the year before The Citadel wasn't ranked at all and came back from 4 scores down and won in Chattanooga.

Every year Chatty has 1000 moving parts, none of which work together.

Sent from the center of the universe.

mountaineer in Cane Land
July 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM
great point by Cid1990, when are we going to see Chatt play as a total unit. Maybe this year? With App and GS leaving, and Wofford supposedly reloading, if they cant get it done this year, ....then what? Personally, I think the most dangerous team in the SC this year is Samford, glad we got them at home.

IBleedYellow
July 28th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Someone needs to duct tape your beak shut for a few weeks...Y'all "roll" on up to Fargo & we'll show you two FCS Championship trophies and then whoop your feathered ass! BTW, we have a 2-time NC head coach and staff and return 20 of 22 starters. If you're actually still on AGS after October, then you can talk a little. The only chance UTC has at a SoCon title is because App & GaSo are ineligible.

Ummm, UTC still doesn't have a chance at winning the SC, they are UTC.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

PaladinFan
July 28th, 2013, 09:56 PM
And the year before The Citadel wasn't ranked at all and came back from 4 scores down and won in Chattanooga.

Without all the hyperbole, a decent offensive coordinator with a run first pro style game might actually help UTC. I've never seen a college offense as schoolyardish as the Mocs was last year. The only word I can use was "cute." A team that would rather try to run around you than through you.

If they can correct those things, get a little tougher on offense (I mean physically tougher) they could really turn it around.

It is nonsense to consider either of those two guys as the top minds in the game. I mean, please.

chattownmocs
July 29th, 2013, 08:06 AM
34 points would suggest so.

Well you didn't score 34 offensively, so try another argument that is actually correct.

chattownmocs
July 29th, 2013, 08:09 AM

Cool. So you were ranked last year right? That was clearly the point. Im not about beating the citadel. I know that the citadel is a pretender that is highly unlikely to be in the game with us come crunch time.

Saint3333
July 29th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Man that loss must really hurt, 10 months later and you know every play.

27 points, hope you're happy.

Were you alive the last time UTC beat App in Boone?

GannonFan
July 29th, 2013, 08:26 AM
You know it's still the offseason just based on the number of postive UTC threads there are. But just like every past year for the past 2 or 3 decades, these threads will disappear come late September and early October as UTC continues to flounder in the bottom half of the SoCon.

chattownmocs
July 29th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Man that loss must really hurt, 10 months later and you know every play.

27 points, hope you're happy.

Were you alive the last time UTC beat App in Boone?

Well that is a big difference. I definitely remember the flow of the game and I definitely don't think scheme was a problem.

CID1990
July 29th, 2013, 08:40 AM
The most talented team in the universe shouldn't have to be "outschemed".

CID1990
July 29th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Cool. So you were ranked last year right? That was clearly the point. Im not about beating the citadel. I know that the citadel is a pretender that is highly unlikely to be in the game with us come crunch time.

You SHOULD be about beating The Citadel. Over the course of the series Chattanooga has been as likely to lose those games as win them.

Silenoz
July 29th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Seeing as how they run a .500 (at best) ball club... yes, that seems obvious

PaladinFan
July 29th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Seeing as how they run a .500 (at best) ball club... yes, that seems obvious

Wasn't it Parcells that said "you are what your record says you are"

If you are a great team, you wouldn't be middling around .500 every single season.

chattownmocs
July 29th, 2013, 09:49 AM
You SHOULD be about beating The Citadel. Over the course of the series Chattanooga has been as likely to lose those games as win them.

Here we go again with the all-time series nonsense.

chattownmocs
July 29th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Wasn't it Parcells that said "you are what your record says you are"

If you are a great team, you wouldn't be middling around .500 every single season.

We are 0-0 just like everybody else. He was talking about his team during the season.

I love this Fulmer speech, the parallels are amazing between the situations of this Chattanooga team and that Tennessee team. No one though Tennessee could win even though they clearly had the team to do it, because they hadn't won there in so long. Huesman should deliver it, before heading to the Rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqcSk7Vjzu4

StorminASU
July 29th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Why do you people bother? Honestly?
xbangx

CID1990
July 29th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Here we go again with the all-time series nonsense.

Actually, all time the series favors Chatty. But if you go back 10 years the record is 5-5. If you go back 20 years, the record is 10-10.

So maybe your team has the same problem you do- the only team you take seriously is Chatty. Keep on thinking El Cid is a non issue for the Mocs, and you'll be sitting home in November for yet another year, talent or no.

chattownmocs
July 29th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Actually, all time the series favors Chatty. But if you go back 10 years the record is 5-5. If you go back 20 years, the record is 10-10.

So maybe your team has the same problem you do- the only team you take seriously is Chatty. Keep on thinking El Cid is a non issue for the Mocs, and you'll be sitting home in November for yet another year, talent or no.

It doesn't matter, you guys don't have a 50 percent chance to win the game.

Southern Bison
July 29th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Can we set up a "pick the day" game that Chattown & Creamin_Beagle will disappear from AGS this season? Winner gets an AGS Playa badge!

CID1990
July 29th, 2013, 10:32 AM
It doesn't matter, you guys don't have a 50 percent chance to win the game.

It's a good thing we still actually play the games, then.

Until then I will patiently await your annual disappearance.

pike51
July 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM

Um... what national title did UTC win? I think you've been playing too much Playstation.

bjtheflamesfan
July 29th, 2013, 11:28 AM
UTC has gotten some wins over ranked teams, which is to be lauded, the problem has been that they do not win the games that matter the most.

2009 (Huesman's first year): Beat Wofford 38-9, lost to Georgia Southern 30-20, lost to #8 App State 35-20, lost to #7 Elon 45-10, finished 6-5
2010: Beat Georgia Southern 35-27, lost to #3 App State 42-41 (after leading that game 28-7 at halftime), lost to #7 Wofford 48-14, finished 6-5
2011: Beat #10 Jacksonville State 38-17, lost to The Citadel 28-27 (after leading 24-0 at halftime and 27-0 in the 3rd quarter), lost to #1 Georgia Southern 28-27, lost to #3 App State 14-12, lost to #12 Wofford 28-27 (after leading 27-14 in the 4th quarter), finished 5-6
2012: Beat #11 The Citadel 28-17, lost to #17 App State 34-17 (in the supposed "death of a dynasty game"), lost to #2 Georgia Southern 39-31 in TRIPLE OVERTIME, lost to #13 Wofford 16-13 in overtime, lost to #24 Jacksonville State 27-24, finished 6-5

Point is, in addition to a host of logical fallacies (which I will ignore as they are not germane to my overall point and I did plenty of analyzing of that in your other thread), You conveniently ignore the fact that while they have had some noteworthy victories, the Mocs have yet to show they can finish a game that matters.

Over the last four seasons, UTC is 2-10 against what I call the "holy trinity" of the SoCon (App State, GaSou and Wofford, so named because they are the three teams most frequently in the playoffs). Of those 10 losses, 7 have been of the most psychologically damaging 10 points or less variety, and of those seven, two came when UTC gave up double digit second half leads. Add to that the fact that they blew a more than four touchdown lead to The Citadel in 2011 and at this point the question isn't Can the Huesman/Durden combo be outschemed, its, can the Huesman/Durden combo keep their players heads in the game long enough to actually finish a game that matters? If UTC has not learned from history (according to George Santayana), they are going to repeat it this season and once again will be sitting at home thinking about what might have been.

kdinva
July 29th, 2013, 11:33 AM

and in the 1990's with the mighty Tommy West at the helm, the Mocs went 1-3 vs. the Keydets. xnodx

TheRevSFA
July 29th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Can we set up a "pick the day" game that Chattown & Creamin_Beagle will disappear from AGS this season? Winner gets an AGS Playa badge!

I like this.

I put it at November 2nd.

ASUMountaineer
July 29th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Do you honestly believe that satterfield outcoach human last year? That is just silly. At the very best it was even. App State's D rose up after their embarrassing performance against the citadel and took it to an offense that was not ready. Chattanooga's offense was never great last year but it was significantly worse early than it was late. Its gonna even with woody (I don't think Dale Jones was all bad honestly) be much more difficult for them, particularly without most of their so-called superstar on D.

xlolx Praise the Lord, chattownmocs is almost back into preseason form. I don't like it when he hits mid-season form, calls App State his daddy, and takes his ball and goes home.

jmufan999
July 29th, 2013, 01:25 PM
I like this.

I put it at November 2nd.

ooh i wanna play!!!

but this year might be different. i'm assuming that GSU and ASU are ineligible for the playoffs and/or SoCon title, correct? if so, then he's probably going to pull an "i told you so" [edit: IF chatty wins the conference].... even though it was several years after repeatedly being embarrassed here, then hiding for the rest of the offseason.

get rid of enough SoCon teams and eventually they have to win something of significance, right?

bjtheflamesfan
July 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Agreed...but as I said above, UTC has not won a game of significance over the four years Huesman has been the head man. Notice I did not say they have not won a game over a ranked team...I said won a game of significance. I listed quite a few significant games that they have lost, including a few where they basically threw up on themselves in the second half and blew big leads.

cmaxwellgsu
July 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Why do you people bother? Honestly?
xbangx

Oh come on, it's tons of fun. It's like going to a driving range just to hit balls at the fat kid....

cmaxwellgsu
July 29th, 2013, 03:34 PM

Considering how "talented" you claim the Mocs are, Huesman must not be able to lead a bachelor party to a whorehouse. If your athletes have been that superior, 6-5 is even worse than it already looks. So with that in mind, Huesman and co. could be the easiest to outcoach in the conference.

bjtheflamesfan
July 29th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Is it just me or does chattown disappear from threads he starts faster than people left the Titanic when it was sinking?

pike51
July 30th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Is it just me or does chattown disappear from threads he starts faster than people left the Titanic when it was sinking?

Trolling at it's finest.

bjtheflamesfan
July 30th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Go in, make some ludicrous statement with little basis in fact, get hammered, try to move the goalposts, get hammered again, make a personal attack, get hammered again, crawl away bleeding claiming that you were trolling the whole time...yeah that makes sense actually

GlassOnion
July 30th, 2013, 09:29 AM
No one out-schemes Chattown as well as Chattown.

eaglewraith
July 30th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Go in, make some ludicrous statement with little basis in fact, get hammered, try to move the goalposts, get hammered again, make a personal attack, get hammered again, crawl away bleeding claiming that you were trolling the whole time...yeah that makes sense actually

I prefer this approach

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/4/6/4/6/0/6/webimg/473506112_tp.jpg

eaglewraith
August 29th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Yes it can.

clenz
August 29th, 2013, 10:19 PM
I don't know about outschemed...but raped for sure.

UTM had 2 guys run for over 100 (303 total for the game)
162 yards passing - who needs to throw when you can run like that though?

465 yards of total offense

OVER 7 YARDS PER PLAY FOR THE UTM OFFENSE.

http://global3.memecdn.com/Rape-Time_o_95992.jpg

Bison56
August 29th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Done.

ASUMountaineer
August 29th, 2013, 10:22 PM
I don't know about outschemed...but raped for sure.

UTM had 2 guys run for over 100 (303 total for the game)
162 yards passing - who needs to throw when you can run like that though?

465 yards of total offense

OVER 7 YARDS PER PLAY FOR THE UTM OFFENSE.

http://global3.memecdn.com/Rape-Time_o_95992.jpg

How can this be? UT-C has the best football defense in the entire universe?!?

chattownmocs will have to literally be the best spinster ever to spin this as a moral victory. The Huesman fire sale is underway.

CID1990
August 29th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Could we actually be about to witness a Chattown disappearance on the very first day of the season?

citdog
August 29th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Could we actually be about to witness a Chattown disappearance on the very first day of the season?

THAT would be sad for the ENTIRE Football Championship Subdivision.

clenz
August 29th, 2013, 10:34 PM
THAT would be sad for the ENTIRE Football Championship Subdivision.
Define sad....

citdog
August 29th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Define sad....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-a9F6E4sJe74/TkGDBaXINRI/AAAAAAAAMVI/IlwuvlDFpSo/s400/RichardNixonFarewell%25281%2529.jpg

"You won't have Chatttown to kick around anymore"

THAT KIND of sad

clenz
August 29th, 2013, 10:44 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-a9F6E4sJe74/TkGDBaXINRI/AAAAAAAAMVI/IlwuvlDFpSo/s400/RichardNixonFarewell%25281%2529.jpg

"You won't have Chatttown to kick around anymore"

THAT KIND of sad
I'm not sure that makes me sad....

I view chattown much like a combination of jbb, lakes, and superhornet....the three people who irritated me so irrationally I literally can't explain it.

CID1990
August 29th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Truly... my cup runneth over tonight

Eaglesrus
August 29th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I do believe that of all of the threads that chattown has started this was the most hilarious. Thanks for the entertainment!

Reign of Terrier
August 30th, 2013, 12:24 AM
I'm going to be the one person who doesn't make fun of Chattown (I know he "deserves" it, but still....)

UTC sucks in big games but that doesn't mean their upside doesn't scare me.

with that said though, they had 20 returning starters, 10 from a defense that was really really good last year and they still somehow managed to allow 300 yards rush on them?! by an OVC team no less? They have to play 3 option teams this year....

They could still make the playoffs at 7-5/8-4 but do you really think the team that played today has the capability of beating half of App, GSU, Wofford, and the Citadel? I mean Austin Peay is going to be an interesting game now.

Don't write off the Mocs just yet but I high highly doubt they win 8 games this year. They lost at least 3 more FCS games, and of course to Alabama.

seantaylor
August 30th, 2013, 12:58 AM
This wasn't a big game. I don't see any upside to them watching them play. I cannot wait until they come to Paulson

pike51
August 30th, 2013, 07:50 AM
I'm going to be the one person who doesn't make fun of Chattown (I know he "deserves" it, but still....)

UTC sucks in big games but that doesn't mean their upside doesn't scare me.

with that said though, they had 20 returning starters, 10 from a defense that was really really good last year and they still somehow managed to allow 300 yards rush on them?! by an OVC team no less? They have to play 3 option teams this year....

They could still make the playoffs at 7-5/8-4 but do you really think the team that played today has the capability of beating half of App, GSU, Wofford, and the Citadel? I mean Austin Peay is going to be an interesting game now.

Don't write off the Mocs just yet but I high highly doubt they win 8 games this year. They lost at least 3 more FCS games, and of course to Alabama.

Georgia State will be an interesting game now. ;)

Bisonator
August 30th, 2013, 07:54 AM
The answer to the thread title is apparently and emphatically YES!:D

walliver
August 30th, 2013, 03:32 PM
The answer to the thread title is apparently and emphatically YES!:D

They were noy outschemed. They were simply outcoached and outplayed.

TribeNomad
September 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
Such irony that the blessed event came down on the opening weekend. Too effing funny.

smallcollegefbfan
September 2nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Chattown, BJ Coleman got cut.