PDA

View Full Version : TTU loses it's Defensive Coordinator

TTUEagles
July 26th, 2013, 09:06 AM
http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/109722/taylor-to-join-etsu-staff

A little late in the year for this to happen, but I don't blame Coach Taylor - going back to his alma mater. From all accounts that I've heard, the players at TTU loved him, but he had told some that he felt somewhat limited with what he could do as DC. I've heard nothing but tremendous things about his character, though - and I wish him all the best

Bisonator
July 26th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Your right that puts TTU in a tough spot this late.

TTUEagles
July 26th, 2013, 11:00 AM
They have a coach (Landholm) who was just hired in the Spring and went through Spring Drills with the team - former DC at EKU in 2007 & 2008, so he does know the league and has some experience. He will take over as DC. But, I think it's going to be more of a challenge going into the season with 1 less coach, though...

ETSUfan1
July 26th, 2013, 01:07 PM
A lot of ETSU fans and former players wanted Taylor as head coach. He's a great guy that can put together a great defense. Heck, we were near the very top in SoCon defense when we had half a team in 2003. A lot of people think this will be a way for him to be groomed to take over as head coach when Torbush leaves.

TTUEagles
July 26th, 2013, 01:24 PM
That's what I heard...he'll be the next Head Coach. Again, don't blame him ONE BIT (HAPPY for him, and for ETUS), but I wish it didn't happen so close to fall camp for TTU.