BOZEMAN, MT

MarkyMark
July 25th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Looks like UCA added Montana State!

http://www.ucasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=20&path=football

09.13.14 TBA

MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
BOZEMAN, MT

An Away and Home contract with Mt. State? Good Luck with that.

BisonFan02
July 26th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Looks like UCA added Montana State!

http://www.ucasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=20&path=football

09.13.14 TBA

MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
BOZEMAN, MT

Don't hold your breath on the return game....if UCA is any good at that point, Mont St won't make the trip...it will be the "right business decision" for them.

bozely
July 26th, 2013, 04:42 AM
really looking forward to this. i was really happy this happened, as for the ndsu fans, good luck in conference play and we hope to see you in the playoffs.

Bisonator
July 26th, 2013, 07:57 AM
An Away and Home contract with Mt. State? Good Luck with that.

Yeah what he said! xnodx

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 26th, 2013, 08:18 AM
MSU isn't doing a return trip to Monmouth, right?

clenz
July 26th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Wow..I think we have a new record for how fast butthurt over takes a thread...5 posts with 4 being butt hurt...

quando omni flunkus moritati

THE HERD
July 26th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Clenz....everybody remembers all your pissing and moaning about the Savannah St. debacle and rightfully so, but Bison fans can't be pissed about the same type of situation?? Hypocrite.......look it up.

BEAR
July 26th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hey! The Bears get to travel to Montana State in 2014! xthumbsupx

catbob
July 26th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Wow..I think we have a new record for how fast butthurt over takes a thread...5 posts with 4 being butt hurt...

quando omni flunkus moritati.

Hell hath no fury like a herd of Bizon scorned. Seriously a few have even gone onto SMU's forum and bitched about it. It's incredibly childish. But I digress...

We had a home and home with Drake, and we headed down to SFA for a return trip. I'm sick of saying things like "Don't blame MSU fans, we didn't chose this" or "We are very disappointed as well, we'd love to travel to NDSU". I honestly felt that way at one point, but the constant chatter from whiny NDSU fans has changed my tune. I no longer feel bad, and am starting to thinking it couldn't have happened to a better fanbase.

BEAR
July 26th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Hell hath no fury like a herd of Bizon scorned. Seriously a few have even gone onto SMU's forum and bitched about it. It's incredibly childish. But I digress...

We had a home and home with Drake, and we headed down to SFA for a return trip. I'm sick of saying things like "Don't blame MSU fans, we didn't chose this" or "We are very disappointed as well, we'd love to travel to NDSU". I honestly felt that way at one point, but the constant chatter from whiny NDSU fans has changed my tune. I no longer feel bad, and am starting to thinking it couldn't have happened to a better fanbase.

Ole Miss owes a return game.....xnodx

catbob
July 26th, 2013, 09:39 AM
On a related subject, this is a great matchup and I sincerely hope we do take a trip down there for the return game. I love a good OOC road game.

CrazyCat
July 26th, 2013, 09:44 AM

+1

BEAR
July 26th, 2013, 09:44 AM
On a related subject, this is a great matchup and I sincerely hope we do take a trip down there for the return game. I love a good OOC road game.

I can't wait to see Montana (the state). Our last playoff game up there was fantastic! A return trip means our program is on the right track. It would be great to have Montana State in Conway. But understandable at our level if finances were an issue. Its not like Montana is just over the border. xlolx

BEAR
July 26th, 2013, 09:47 AM

Since we just moved from Division II, our stadium only holds 8500...so if your fans travel well, don't expect the facilities of an established FCS school. They are VERY nice, but small. Expansion is on the way I heard but don't expect them to be done before 2014.

Canyoncat
July 26th, 2013, 09:56 AM
This is great news. Hope a lot of UCA fans come up to Bozeman. Tailgating is great and getting better every year.

catbob
July 26th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Since we just moved from Division II, our stadium only holds 8500...so if your fans travel well, don't expect the facilities of an established FCS school. They are VERY nice, but small. Expansion is on the way I heard but don't expect them to be done before 2014.

We travel okay within driving distance. Things are getting better but I wouldn't expect a huge crowd that far away from Bozeman, for a non-FBS game. Maybe 500-700 fans would be my guess.

And don't worry about FCS facilities... we go to Idaho State, Sac State, UNC, SUU, in conference. Even EWU, but they are on the right track now.

dewey
July 26th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Looks like it could be a good OOC game between two pretty good programs. Hopefully it happens. When would MSU travel to UCA then?

Dewey

Sammy94
July 26th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Leave MSU alone, they did a home and away with Sam in 2011 and 2012 also. Doesn't that count???

Canyoncat
July 26th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Leave MSU alone, they did a home and away with Sam in 2011 and 2012 also. Doesn't that count???

Hey now!! xlolx

gobears14
July 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Our road schedule for 2014 includes texas tech, montana state, sam houston and sfa. Pretty brutal but im looking forward to it!

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 26th, 2013, 11:11 AM
MSU has shown the willingness to play in foreign territories. Now I just got to get in coaches ear to schedule a game against Lehigh....

darell1976
July 26th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Don't hold your breath on the return game....if UCA is any good at that point, Mont St won't make the trip...it will be the "right business decision" for them.

Its the battle of backout teams...UCA backed out of a return game with UND in 2012.

dewey
July 26th, 2013, 11:38 AM

Good one! The results were roughly the same if I remember correctly.

Dewey

BEAR
July 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Its the battle of backout teams...UCA backed out of a return game with UND in 2012.

It wasn't as simple as UCA just backing out. The school was going through some HUGE changes financially along with a carousel of cancelled games by OSU etc. it's never just a cancelled game.

CrazyCat
July 26th, 2013, 11:55 AM
It wasn't as simple as UCA just backing out. The school was going through some HUGE changes financially along with a carousel of cancelled games by OSU etc. it's never just a cancelled game.

Ssshhhhhhhhhhh. Don't get them mad or one of their fans will try and take a dump at the bottom of your flagpole. xsmhx

darell1976
July 26th, 2013, 11:57 AM

Since we replaced the game with Portland State it wasn't a big deal (still sucked) but I hope we can meet up in the future. Good luck against the Bobcats!

darell1976
July 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Ssshhhhhhhhhhh. Don't get them mad or one of their fans will try and take a dump at the bottom of your flagpole. xsmhx

When you have 2 teams backout within the first 4 years of being DI it might look like a pattern. UCA was second to Idaho State who backed out after we beat them in 08. I can understand Bison fans being pissed as they have seen teams backed out on them. Especially when the replacement game is a DII team.

BEAR
July 26th, 2013, 12:11 PM
UAPB and UT-Martin backed out on us during our transition. Sucks because they were already FCS. But as fans all we can do is go where the team plays. Oh yeah OK State did too. Bot they rescheduled. Maybe UCA will reschedule ND too. I'd love to go there too!

darell1976
July 26th, 2013, 12:15 PM
UAPB and UT-Martin backed out on us during our transition. Sucks because they were already FCS. But as fans all we can do is go where the team plays. Oh yeah OK State did too. Bot they rescheduled. Maybe UCA will reschedule ND too. I'd love to go there too!

Would love to have you. UND's schedule is getting filled pretty quick through 2020 so if not in the regular season hope to see you in the playoffs.

IBleedYellow
July 26th, 2013, 12:27 PM
UCA will go 1-1 in this series. Just my early guess!

Props to your administration for picking up two games! If you guys travel up to Montana you'll love the beautiful scenery.

Great get, as long as Montana State returns the game to UCA, which I'm sure they will after the bad press from dropping NDSU.

TheRevSFA
July 26th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I personally can't wait for MSU to come to Nacogdoches this year. I hope some of your Bobcats from the site come down and tailgate with us.

TheRevSFA
July 26th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Also, Montana State fans, if you can ignore the **** they call turf in Conway, the stadium itself is enjoyable.

Nice and small, and Conway is in a great part of the state. Make the trip if you can

Tod
July 26th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Also, Montana State fans, if you can ignore the **** they call turf in Conway, the stadium itself is enjoyable.

Nice and small, and Conway is in a great part of the state. Make the trip if you can

I love their turf. But I suppose I'm in the minority.

BEAR
July 26th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Some like it, some hate it. But if you go to it and see it in person its not bad. I'd prefer green, but those stripes have attracted a ton of attention, good and bad....but attention all the same..and that has gone a long way in helping the program.

IBleedYellow
July 26th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I like those stripes more than the solid red that EWU has.

clenz
July 26th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Clenz....everybody remembers all your pissing and moaning about the Savannah St. debacle and rightfully so, but Bison fans can't be pissed about the same type of situation?? Hypocrite.......look it up.Completely different set ups for the situation....the only similarity is the back out of the game.

UNI found out SSU dumped UNI by complete accident....SSU had no intention of telling UNI. A UNI athletic department member was reading a Bleacher Report article on the most lopsided FBS/FCS match-ups for the coming season in April (two months later than the MSU/NDSU announcement). Our AD left messages with SSU only for a reply along the lines of "Well, we were going to tell you eventually because at some point your going to be getting a check from Florida State, but we haven't gotten there yet". We only had 4 home games scheduled at that point in a 11 game season. Much like NDSU we contacted pretty much every school in the nation with matching open dates, all of them said no, except SHSU but they wanted a home and home with last years game at SHSU. That would have left us at 4 home games and opening up @Wisc @SHSU @Iowa @Youngstown St vs. NDSU and @SIU all before our bye week... We contacted MAC schools, looked at a 3rd FBS game, etc... just like NDSU did.

While both had someone back out, situations are different.

Also, you'll notice that UNI fans don't go out of our way to jump in every scheduling conversation to bitch and moan about every move SSU is doing. We moved on and dealt with it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 26th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Completely different set ups for the situation....the only similarity is the back out of the game.

UNI found out SSU dumped UNI by complete accident....SSU had no intention of telling UNI. A UNI athletic department member was reading a Bleacher Report article on the most lopsided FBS/FCS match-ups for the coming season in April (two months later than the MSU/NDSU announcement). Our AD left messages with SSU only for a reply along the lines of "Well, we were going to tell you eventually because at some point your going to be getting a check from Florida State, but we haven't gotten there yet". We only had 4 home games scheduled at that point in a 11 game season. Much like NDSU we contacted pretty much every school in the nation with matching open dates, all of them said no, except SHSU but they wanted a home and home with last years game at SHSU. That would have left us at 4 home games and opening up @Wisc @SHSU @Iowa @Youngstown St vs. NDSU and @SIU all before our bye week... We contacted MAC schools, looked at a 3rd FBS game, etc... just like NDSU did.

Also, you'll notice that UNI fans don't go out of our way to jump in every scheduling conversation to bitch and moan about every move SSU is doing. We moved on and dealt with it.

Big difference in games. SSU would have been a complete joke of a game for UNI. Hell, Minn-Duluth would have been a better game. Montana State and NDSU would have both been ranked in the top -10. Great marquee match-up for FCS schools.

All in the past now.

MarkyMark
July 26th, 2013, 09:56 PM

Because you are the only active UNI fan on this board.

clenz
July 26th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Big difference in games. SSU would have been a complete joke of a game for UNI. Hell, Minn-Duluth would have been a better game. Montana State and NDSU would have both been ranked in the top -10. Great marquee match-up for FCS schools.

All in the past now.

Do only "marquee"match ups matter?

You bitch about how late the game was cancelled, yet scoff at schools who have it happen two months later than NDSU did.

It didn't matter that I'm the only UNI fan here, even on panther nation the bitching stopped within a month because we found a game and moved the **** on.

We got stuck with a d2 when they were a non counter...the changed the rules and your name actually "counts"

GoCats23
July 26th, 2013, 10:45 PM

It's gotta be better than the red at EWU, at least it's two colors to break it up.

For any UCA fans coming up, you'll love it here, it's beautiful. Plus you're coming in September, so there's only a very slim chance for snow!

BEAR
July 26th, 2013, 11:28 PM
I'll have to plan out my trip with places to stay and see. I'll come for 4 days or so to enjoy it fully. Can't wait!

Twentysix
July 26th, 2013, 11:33 PM
I'll have to plan out my trip with places to stay and see. I'll come for 4 days or so to enjoy it fully. Can't wait!

The backdrop of the rockies at MSU is just fantastic. Enjoy the game. Great people, I hate that their AD screwed us for a small gain, but I'd love to play MSU again asap. UCA as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 27th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Do only "marquee"match ups matter?

You bitch about how late the game was cancelled, yet scoff at schools who have it happen two months later than NDSU did.

It didn't matter that I'm the only UNI fan here, even on panther nation the bitching stopped within a month because we found a game and moved the **** on.

We got stuck with a d2 when they were a non counter...the changed the rules and your name actually "counts"

All games matter. But it is nice to have conference powers playing each other, esp when it is so hard to find quality FCS opponents.

Ya, there were a lot of Bison fans bitching and some still are but most have moved on from it. What sucks as a Bison fan is that it took so long to find a game and that so many said no. I hope our AD gets the schedules finalized a lot earlier in advance with large buy-out clauses in them.

I'm glad they did change the rules and make D2s counters now. It helps schools like UNI and NDSU that have a very difficult time trying to get teams to come to their home fields.

bobcathpdevil56
July 27th, 2013, 07:50 AM

+2

darell1976
July 27th, 2013, 08:17 AM
All games matter. But it is nice to have conference powers playing each other, esp when it is so hard to find quality FCS opponents.

Ya, there were a lot of Bison fans bitching and some still are but most have moved on from it. What sucks as a Bison fan is that it took so long to find a game and that so many said no. I hope our AD gets the schedules finalized a lot earlier in advance with large buy-out clauses in them.

I'm glad they did change the rules and make D2s counters now. It helps schools like UNI and NDSU that have a very difficult time trying to get teams to come to their home fields.

Do you think the NCAA changed the rule on DII's due to the Big 10 ( and soon other conferences) refusing to play FCS teams?

SDFS
July 27th, 2013, 09:27 AM
The backdrop of the rockies at MSU is just fantastic. Enjoy the game. Great people, I hate that their AD screwed us for a small gain, but I'd love to play MSU again asap. UCA as well.

And the NDSU AD signing a contract with a $50 K buyout had nothing to do with it..

UPDATE: This is incorrect the original buyout was $10K

FargoBison
July 27th, 2013, 09:39 AM
The buyout wasn't the issue, it was more about how it was handled by MSU. I think it sucks their fans have to deal with some of my fellow Bison fans because their AD is an incompetent hack. I had a great time in Bozeman the last time NDSU played there, really cool place to watch a game and their fans were all very classy.

FargoBison
July 27th, 2013, 09:41 AM
And the NDSU AD signing a contract with a $50 K buyout had nothing to do with it..

It was actually $100k.

SDFS
July 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
It was actually $100k.

Actually, this game is from the original home/home contract which had a buyout of 10K (NOTE my original post above was incorrect). NDSU AD whined until he got MSU to signed on for a later return game which had the 100K buyout. So, NDSU fans should be happy they milked another 100K out of MSU by whining like a bunch of babies. Again, if NDSU AD negotiated a higher buyout on the first contact they might not be in this mess. But, as we all know - its always someone else's fault with NDSU fans.

FargoBison
July 27th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Actually, this game is from the original home/home contract which had a buyout of 10K (NOTE my original post above was incorrect). NDSU AD whined until he got MSU to signed on for a later return game which had the 100K buyout. So, NDSU fans should be happy they milked another 100K out of MSU by whining like a bunch of babies. Again, if NDSU AD negotiated a higher buyout on the first contact they might not be in this mess. But, as we all know - its always someone else's fault with NDSU fans.

I don't care if the game was bought out or what the amount was, I care about how it was handled. If MSU has paid NDSU $100k in September or October it wouldn't have been as big of an issue.

Bisonoline
July 27th, 2013, 03:03 PM

When the first contract was negotiated a 10k buyout for FCS was a resonable figure at that time. The problem with the second buyout wasnt the money. It was the fact that MSU announced it at the 11th hour when many teams all ready had full schedules. Not a good way to do business. We also had Coastal Carolina bail on us also. No whining. Just facts.

Vitojr130
July 27th, 2013, 08:49 PM
It's gotta be better than the red at EWU, at least it's two colors to break it up.

For any UCA fans coming up, you'll love it here, it's beautiful. Plus you're coming in September, so there's only a very slim chance for snow!

It doesn't take much for a field to beat out turf that is comprised of used tampons....

CrazyCat
July 27th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Rob Ash

"That whole thing was crazy. As far as our schedule goes, our priority is to get home games. We have a great venue now, and we love having home games. We kept looking and looking, and we finally got a feeler from Monmouth, which is an FCS team out in New Jersey, that they would come and play. But they drove a hard bargain, and we had to pay them a lot of money to get them to come. But it's just a one-game deal, and they were willing to come play on that Thursday night. And so that gave us the home game that we needed.
"Then we had to find a way to pay for it. And SMU had the next week open, and they were going to pay (us) enough so we could pay Monmouth to come in, and then there was a guarantee we had to pay North Dakota State to get out of that game, but it was purely financial. We had to do it in order to get a home game."

I'm looking forward to the UCA game in '14. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Twentysix
July 28th, 2013, 12:13 AM
When the first contract was negotiated a 10k buyout for FCS was a resonable figure at that time. The problem with the second buyout wasnt the money. It was the fact that MSU announced it at the 11th hour when many teams all ready had full schedules. Not a good way to do business. We also had Coastal Carolina bail on us also. No whining. Just facts.

Western Carolina, pretty big difference.

THE HERD
July 29th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Completely different set ups for the situation....the only similarity is the back out of the game.

Its the same situation....extremely late notice on the backout. As far as UNI fans not jumping in on every thread.......the reason probably is that their is only a handful of UNI fans on here anymore.....you guys have become extremely quiet since NDSU started collecting Natty'sxwhistlex

BEAR
July 29th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Word from a reliable source is that the UCA vs. Montana State game is a "one and done". I'll see if I can find out if that is the case.

Grizalltheway
July 29th, 2013, 05:24 PM

How quickly thou forgetest the NCAA sanctions thread on CS.

frozennorth
July 29th, 2013, 08:23 PM

SSU is a completely different caliber program than MSU, and the expectations should be different. Also, if there were SSU fans to bitch at, or more uni fans on the forum to do the bitching, I'm sure we would have seen more of it.

catbob
July 30th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Face it - NDSU fans are complainers. For a team that just won back to back championships, they have a huge chip on their shoulder. Not sure I've seen a team with their caliber (top notch) have fans that are looking for approval as much as they do. Just go to FBS already.

Montanan
July 30th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Face it - ALL fans are complainers. For a team that just won back to back championships, they have a huge chip on their shoulder. Not sure I've seen a team with their caliber (top notch) have fans that are looking for approval as much as they do. Just go to FBS already.

FIFY