PDA

View Full Version : New Cannon coming

Grizzaholic
September 11th, 2006, 02:03 PM
I am all for having a louder cannon at the games, but just shelving the old black powder cannon is just not right. It has been through all of the playoff games and I think it will be missed.

Unless the 75 mm actually brings the stadium down.....funny that I always thought the crowd noise would break the foundations of that stadium!

GO GRIZ

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=17871

th0m
September 11th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I thought you were talking about a camera....

I guess I spend too much time on photography forums ;)

Congrats (or not?) on the new camera...err...ballistic machinery.

jstate83
September 11th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I am all for having a louder cannon at the games, but just shelving the old black powder cannon is just not right. It has been through all of the playoff games and I think it will be missed.

Unless the 75 mm actually brings the stadium down.....funny that I always thought the crowd noise would break the foundations of that stadium!

GO GRIZ

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=17871

Just be prepared for those new guns.

Been watching JSU for ages and that dang gun alway's get me the way the "blast concussion" rock's Memorial when I'm not paying attention.

The gun, crowd noise, band, and a PA system that will make your ear's bleed when they crank up the music during warmups.
Can't get too "zoned out". xlolx :beerchug:

Kabooom
September 11th, 2006, 04:25 PM
New Cannon comming...........Cole Bergquist?:thumbsup:

Grizzaholic
September 12th, 2006, 11:29 AM
75 mm howitzer

slostang
September 12th, 2006, 12:42 PM
I hate that cannon. I jump every time that damn thing goes off. It sure would be nice if Cal Poly can keep that thing fairly quite come November 4th. With the offensive weapons the Griz have this season I am sure I'll be jumping more than once.

Down with the Foe!
September 12th, 2006, 12:47 PM
I hate that cannon. I jump every time that damn thing goes off. It sure would be nice if Cal Poly can keep that thing fairly quite come November 4th. With the offensive weapons the Griz have this season I am sure I'll be jumping more than once.

try sitting exactly 17' away from it.... and not being able to see it.

WOW,,,,We love ti though, can't imagine it being louder.

Go Griz

MoreheadEagle
September 12th, 2006, 12:50 PM
It's great you all are getting a new one. I love cannons at football games. They get the crowd pumped and scare the heck out of people. Morehead used to have one, but now it's plugged and sitting in the back yard of a frat house.: smh :