PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 EKU over UK

ekufbfan
July 24th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Probably means very little, but EKU came out on top over the ka-yats a couple of days ago (28-14).
Happy it was not the other way around. uk fans upset but naturally come up with excuses: all their "great" recruits and JC transfers are not on campus yet, their guys were not "into it" and the best yet, their players "might" have been wearing "weighted" vests. Guess, they don't recognize EKU lost their starting QB, all conference RB and 2 WR's to graduation last year. xeyebrowx

Bam
July 24th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I love it!

TTUEagles
July 24th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Good job! sUcK

Twentysix
July 25th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Probably means very little, but EKU came out on top over the ka-yats a couple of days ago (28-14).
Happy it was not the other way around. uk fans upset but naturally come up with excuses: all their "great" recruits and JC transfers are not on campus yet, their guys were not "into it" and the best yet, their players "might" have been wearing "weighted" vests. Guess, they don't recognize EKU lost their starting QB, all conference RB and 2 WR's to graduation last year. xeyebrowx

I had no idea teams played each other in scrimmage situations. good job though, line play does ultimately mean quite abit in real football ;)

gumby013
July 25th, 2013, 04:41 AM
"Never underestimate the awfulness that is Kentucky football" - Abraham Lincoln

EKU-n-GSU
July 25th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Ha! Weighted vests...that's rich. I wish we'd have played UK last year instead of UGA...I'm sure we could have beaten them - even at Commonwealth.

Nova09
July 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I had no idea teams played each other in scrimmage situations. good job though, line play does ultimately mean quite abit in real football ;)

It definitely would not be permissible for teams to "scrimmage" or whatever you want to call it without counting it against the maximum number of contests. And it definitely would not be permissible to do such a thing in July.

ekufbfan, is there any publication of this anywhere? I didn't see it on the EKU website.

CFBfan
July 25th, 2013, 08:45 AM
It definitely would not be permissible for teams to "scrimmage" or whatever you want to call it without counting it against the maximum number of contests. And it definitely would not be permissible to do such a thing in July.

ekufbfan, is there any publication of this anywhere? I didn't see it on the EKU website.

High Schools ALL compete in 7 on 7's throughout the early summer....they are done with NO pads and NO line......it's an ALL passing competition with backs and receivers vs LB's and DB's

Nova09
July 25th, 2013, 08:46 AM
High Schools ALL compete in 7 on 7's throughout the early summer....they are done with NO pads and NO line......it's an ALL passing competition with backs and receivers vs LB's and DB's

High schools, yes, but I understood this to mean the NCAA teams of EKU and UK

CFBfan
July 25th, 2013, 08:56 AM
High schools, yes, but I understood this to mean the NCAA teams of EKU and UK

Yes I agree, i was just saying that a 7 on 7 is very different than a scrimmag. To your point on the NCAAi also agree: my understanding is 30 days (give or take) prior to 1st game is when you can start.....

gumby013
July 25th, 2013, 09:23 AM
If the players set it up and no coaches are involved, there shouldn't be an issue.

If...

chattownmocs
July 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM
28-14 is a strange score for a 7-on-7