PDA

View Full Version : Watch SoCon Football Media Day LIVE Starting at 1:00 pm

The Cats
July 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
The Southern Conference will host its 2013 Football Media Day on Wednesday (July 24) at the Spartanburg Marriott. All nine head coaches and select student-athletes from each school will be on hand to meet the media and preview the upcoming season. In addition, the head coaches from East Tennessee State (Carl Torbush) and Mercer (Bobby Lamb) will also be in attendance.

Watch Live
(http://www.soconsports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=4000&KEY=QLLIDACRCTMHPPX.20 130724150539&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=40 00)

SoCon Live Stream Schedule:
1:00 – The Citadel head coach Kevin Higgins
1:15 – Elon head coach Jason Swepson
1:30 – Appalachian State head coach Scott Satterfield
1:45 – Western Carolina head coach Mark Speir
2:00 – Furman head coach Bruce Fowler
2:15 – Wofford head coach Mike Ayers
2:30 – Samford associate head coach Bill D'Ottavio
2:45 – Chattanooga head coach Russ Huesman
3:00 – Georgia Southern head coach Jeff Monken

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Hey Cats, all I've got is a baseball diamond. Is this the link it's gonna be on or did you grab the wrong link by chance?

The Cats
July 24th, 2013, 12:24 PM
You have to click on the "live events" on the left side. The live events should show up on the right side. If there is an advertisement there, click on the "Close" to eliminate the add, then you'll see the link for the media day.

It kind of sucks all the steps you have to do to see it.

ASUMountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Video and audio are way off...imagine that.

Thanks for the link, Cats! Nice lunch break entertainment.

The Cats
July 24th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Video and audio are way off...imagine that.

Thanks for the link, Cats! Nice lunch break entertainment.

You guys never give up on your shots at the SoCon.

Mountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM

How's that a shot when it's true? I'm listening to David Jackson's voice while the camera is on Satterfield gabbing away in silence. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2013, 12:44 PM
It's taking forever in the spin cycle for me right now.

Thanks for the additional info. Cats, you need to carry some of us through the process that are not familiar with the terrain of the SoCon site. xlolx

The Cats
July 24th, 2013, 12:44 PM
How's that a shot when it's true? I'm listening to David Jackson's voice while the camera is on Satterfield gabbing away in silence. xlolx

It wouldn't have been a shot if you'd just commented the video and sound were off, it's the "...imagine that." that puts your comment in the low blow category.

Mountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 12:48 PM
It wouldn't have been a shot if you'd just commented the video and sound were off, it's the "...imagine that." that puts your comment in the low blow category.

In the words of the legendary John Fox.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/628x471-300x264.jpg

It is what it is.

UNDColorado
July 24th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I gave it a try as well and the video and audio were about 3 seconds apart. Tough to watch, not a shot.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2013, 12:49 PM

I really didn't see that former comment in the way you did. I assume video and audio are off frequently (as they are on many sites) and that probably led to the comment/frustration.

I'm fairly frustrated trying to just get it to load right now.

Mountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM

Yup, the feed is gone.

Interestingly enough, I didn't have this problem at all watching/listening to Satterfield at the Sun Belt media day. xsmugx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2013, 01:05 PM
The Cats, thank you for trying to bring this link to us. I really wanted to watch this when I saw that you posted it.

It just wouldn't work and it truly is not good as a site. Whoever they have running that is not doing the SoCon any favors it would appear.

The ads and the commercials prior to the video were the only thing that could be counted on to play every time I tried it.

eaglewraith
July 24th, 2013, 01:06 PM
The Cats, thank you for trying to bring this link to us. I really wanted to watch this when I saw that you posted it.

It just wouldn't work and it truly is not good as a site. Whoever they have running that is not doing the SoCon any favors it would appear.

The ads and the commercials prior to the video were the only thing that could be counted on to play every time I tried it.

That's a soconsports link....so that's an official link from the Southern Conference. Don't know what we should take from that.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2013, 01:13 PM
That's a soconsports link....so that's an official link from the Southern Conference. Don't know what we should take from that.

I think those are ran by an outside company usually. I know the gogriz site is ran by CBSsports or something because that's who the billing went to. Citdog said JumpTV or something like that runs that one?

eaglewraith
July 24th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I think those are ran by an outside company usually. I know the gogriz site is ran by CBSsports or something because that's who the billing went to. Citdog said JumpTV or something like that runs that one?

JumpTV, there's your answer.

That **** is horrible. So glad we dropped it.

citdog
July 24th, 2013, 01:16 PM
here is the # for the conference headquarters.

864-591-5100

Mountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 01:18 PM
JumpTV, there's your answer.

That **** is horrible. So glad we dropped it.

The SoCon site is NeuLion. The point still stands that their websites and streaming are horrible.

The official App site is also NeuLion and it f'in sucks. Bad.

Mountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 01:20 PM
here is the # for the conference headquarters.

864-591-5100

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_j6mGTMWaQtw/SiUX6jYuQ7I/AAAAAAAABnI/z02CwPcZr3k/s400/operator.jpg

Hello, this is the SoCon office..how may we..<line dead>.. :p

eaglewraith
July 24th, 2013, 01:21 PM
The SoCon site is NeuLion. The point still stands that their websites and streaming are horrible.

The official App site is also NeuLion and it f'in sucks. Bad.

I think JumpTV and NeuLion go hand in hand.

chattownmocs
July 24th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Huesman is confident.

The Cats
July 24th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I'm still watching, however it's the sound is still off with the video.

I'll agree, Huesman does sound very confident, says it's from the experience level of this year's team.

chattownmocs
July 24th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Huesman:

"We have 5 first team all conference defenders, our other guys are pretty good too"

citdog
July 24th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Huesman is bi-curious

well obviously

chattownmocs
July 24th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Huesman on Robinson as a reciever:

"He can be as good as anyone in the league, he can be an NFL player."

ASUMountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 02:01 PM

Hey, Ms. Perpetually Offended...App State uses Neulion and so does the SoCon. The comment was in regards to Neulion as we deal with similar issues on AppStateTV. Get over yourself, no one is trying to offend you. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I really didn't see that former comment in the way you did. I assume video and audio are off frequently (as they are on many sites) and that probably led to the comment/frustration.

That's The Cats for you...always looking to be offended.

chattownmocs
July 24th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Monken thinks seniors may mail it in with no opportunity to make playoffs.

Accelerati Incredibilus
July 24th, 2013, 02:06 PM
That's The Cats for you...always looking to be offended.

I'll offend him. Your school and this rag of a conference are a perfect fit for each another. I am so happy ASU is on its way out of this joke of a league. Dave Hart, God rest his soul, and Alfred White would be completely embarrassed with what this conference has become.

eaglewraith
July 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Monken thinks seniors may mail it in with no opportunity to make playoffs.

Haha and they'll find themselves on the bench for someone who really wants to play.

Our guys will be plenty motivated.

chattownmocs
July 24th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Haha and they'll find themselves on the bench for someone who really wants to play.

Our guys will be plenty motivated.

Just saying, he didn't seem sure.

eaglesrback
July 24th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Did everybody else loose the feed?

citdog
July 24th, 2013, 02:14 PM
I'll offend him. Your school and this rag of a conference are a perfect fit for each another. I am so happy ASU is on its way out of this joke of a league.

and to think that we actually LOST a couple of GOOD schools to admit the scum sisters......the blundering turds, app st teachers college, and cullowhee community college.................you should have never been invited to join.

The Cats
July 24th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I'll offend him. Your school and this rag of a conference are a perfect fit for each another. I am so happy ASU is on its way out of this joke of a league. Dave Hart, God rest his soul, and Alfred White would be completely embarrassed with what this conference has become.

When I read anything you post, I just consider the source. So you failed in your attempt to offend me.

citdog
July 24th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Did everybody else loose the feed?

not chatttown........he's SLAYING y'all!

cmaxwellgsu
July 24th, 2013, 02:38 PM
not chatttown........he's SLAYING y'all!

That tin foil hat painted into a Mocs helmet never loses its feed......

The Cats
July 24th, 2013, 02:40 PM
and to think that we actually LOST a couple of GOOD schools to admit the scum sisters......the blundering turds, app st teachers college, and cullowhee community college.................you should have never been invited to join.

Maybe you should go back into hibernation, where you belong.

We don't need both you and chatttown thumping your chest.

ASUMountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 02:41 PM

Whatever you have to think/say to make yourself feel better about that faux-military boarding school y'all call Citadel.

ASUMountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 02:41 PM
When I read anything you post, I just consider the source. So you failed in your attempt to offend me.

He should have just criticized Neulion, amirite?

The Cats
July 24th, 2013, 02:55 PM
He should have just criticized Neulion, amirite?

What you said didn't offed me, I just fail to understand why the ASU fans feel it is a necessity to criticize everything about the SoCon, now that you're leaving.

I honestly do not care what any of the ASU fans think or say, but I just feel it's rude and crass to make those comments about the conference that provided a home for your sports teams all these years, now that you've found another conference that you feel is superior.

It just shows the level of sophistication of many ASU fans, and a true like of class.

ASUMountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 03:10 PM
What you said didn't offed me, I just fail to understand why the ASU fans feel it is a necessity to criticize everything about the SoCon, now that you're leaving.

I honestly do not care what any of the ASU fans think or say, but I just feel it's rude and crass to make those comments about the conference that provided a home for your sports teams all these years, now that you've found another conference that you feel is superior.

It just shows the level of sophistication of many ASU fans, and a true like of class.

xlolx, cat friend, you are hilarious.

Like I said, my criticism wasn't leveled at the SoCon, it was aimed at Neulion. If you hadn't jumped to an incorrect conclusion, maybe you wouldn't have made yourself look foolish and show your true "level of sophistication."

However, I give you credit for trying to deflect you foolishness by making generalizations about App fans. Classy, indeed. Again, get over yourself.

citdog
July 24th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Maybe you should go back into hibernation, where you belong.

We don't need both you and chatttown thumping your chest.

My only first cousin went to WCU. I shouldn't have lumped y'all in with those other two miscreants.

My apologies.

Mountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I wonder what next years Media Day thread will look like. xintx

citdog: 45-21

chattownmocs: Last year every other team in the conference got lucky. Huesman will
have Chattanooga in dominate mode.

citdog: 35-7

PaladinFan: Like I've been saying for the past 6 years, Furman has a young core of
players. The Paladins will be in the conversation.

TheCats: Where are the GSU and App fans?! I need to rage against perceived SoCon slights.

citdog: 21-14

chattownmocs: Seriously, there is no stopping Chattnooga this year. With 11 first team offensive
and 11 first team defensive players no other team stands a chance.

citdog
July 24th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I wonder what next years Media Day thread will look like. xintx

citdog: 45-21

chattownmocs: Last year every other team in the conference got lucky. Huesman will
have Chattanooga in dominate mode.

citdog: 35-7

PaladinFan: Like I've been saying for the past 6 years, Furman has a young core of
players. The Paladins will be in the conversation.

TheCats: Where are the GSU and App fans?! I need to rage against perceived SoCon slights.

citdog: 21-14

chattownmocs: Seriously, there is no stopping Chattnooga this year. With 11 first team offensive
and 11 first team defensive players no other team stands a chance.

actually all I will have to post is our Cadets hoisting this......

http://cdn87.psbin.com/img/mw=450/cr=n/d=mcrzi/qtrt1dp2226j5pby.jpg

Saint3333
July 24th, 2013, 07:38 PM
It must have taken a full bottle of pledge to make that thing look that nice.

Apphole
July 24th, 2013, 07:59 PM

To be fair, we complained and criticized the SmallCon a hell of a lot more before we reached the promised land.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2013, 08:03 PM
The promised land.

Ok. xlolx

The Cats
July 24th, 2013, 08:26 PM
To be fair, we complained and criticized the SmallCon a hell of a lot more before we reached the promised land.

Of all the ASU fans, I'll miss you the least.

I just wish you were already in the "promised land"

Apphole
July 24th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Of all the ASU fans, I'll miss you the least.

I just wish you were already in the "promised land"
Oh, The Cats. You're making me blush!

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I will continue to log on to AGS, albeit less frequently, to support my NCCU Eagles.

The Cats
July 24th, 2013, 09:16 PM
.......I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I will continue to log on to AGS, albeit less frequently, to support my NCCU Eagles.

Hell, we'll take what we can get.

mountaineer in Cane Land
July 24th, 2013, 09:43 PM
yep, with Apps ties to Western, never thought I would say this, but Western just became my favorite SC team next year, pulling for you cats, kick ass!!

CID1990
July 24th, 2013, 10:54 PM

This is why your exit is completely graceless. People call you three guys on crap like this and then you and Asshole and the rest claim we're only pissing on you because of jealousy.

Sent from the center of the universe.

Apphole
July 24th, 2013, 11:01 PM
This is why your exit is completely graceless. People call you three guys on crap like this and then you and Asshole and the rest claim we're only pissing on you because of jealousy.

Sent from the center of the universe.

And the CONSTANT shots at the SBC on this forum aren't equally graceless? Come on, man. There might be one shot lobbed at the SoCon for every 20 towards the SBC on AGS. I'm not crying about it like you, The Cats and others, just pointing out that the dialogue goes both ways and is pretty disproportional in fact.

I sincerely wish all the SoCon schools luck in the future, but boy am I glad App is out.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2013, 11:16 PM
And the CONSTANT shots at the SBC on this forum aren't equally graceless? Come on, man. There might be one shot lobbed at the SoCon for every 20 towards the SBC on AGS. I'm not crying about it like you, The Cats and others, just pointing out that the dialogue goes both ways and is pretty disproportional in fact.

I sincerely wish all the SoCon schools luck in the future, but boy am I glad App is out.

The shots at the SBC have happened here since long before you guys were gonna be part of it. Hell the shots taken at the SBC even came from some of the App's in years past. You could go look at the things between a Troy St. fan and members here to see it pretty clearly.

App & GSU going there now does nothing to change that in one way or the other. You just might be more sensitive it now and do in fact have some of that now aimed at you due to jabbing on both parts. You and a couple of other App fans are most definitely the main catalysts of what goes on here now but it's always been here.