PDA

View Full Version : Your team's make up/boosters?

Brad82
July 23rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
Where do your players come from?
1.Specifically, are there a lot of JuCo's,Prep Schoolers and transfers?
2. Is there a lot of attrition from promising frosh and sophs. who wind up off the team for whatever reason?
3.Do you typically have a lot of seniors?
4.How much approx. does your booster club raise?
I attribute a lot of Rhody's struggles to below answers:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. About $175K,per year,not including a lot in capital projects. I heard UNH raises $500K ( a must)?

Interested in your responses,please no snarky answers or debates.
Looking at winning and losing formulas.

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 23rd, 2013, 07:35 PM
1. No. 3-4 rostered transfers per year, at most.
2. No
3. Yes. I would say 10-12 on average and sometimes more.
4. I believe roughly $2M per year donated the the Spider Club for general operations. More donated for capital projects.

813Jag
July 23rd, 2013, 07:54 PM
1. we usually get a 3-4 transfers a year
2. since we've improved our recruiting and targeting kids that will qualify, we don't lose many young players
3. our team was really young in 2010, played 22 freshman, so next year's senior class will be bigger than the last two years.
4. I'm not sure of numbers but I know the support has grown since the program has went on an upswing.

Brad82
July 23rd, 2013, 07:55 PM
Big House-is Spider Club the general fund for athletics or FB only?

Brad82
July 23rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Big House-I re-read your answer,the Spider Club is non FB specific.

HailSzczur
July 23rd, 2013, 08:00 PM
1. No, the last transfer I can think of that made a real impact was Casey Hannon, a transfer kicker from Penn State around '98 who holds most our kicking records.
2. No, not really. We do red shirt a decent amount of players, I count about 12 on the current roster
3. Yes, we have 11 on the roster this year, we tend to have an average to above average sized senior class
4. Not sure exactly how much the Villanova Football Club brings in a year. Last year the Villanova Athletic Fund as a whole brought in 2.3 million. I did see that football giving was down about 20% this year though xsmhx

SFA 93
July 23rd, 2013, 08:39 PM
1. Yes (10 transfers and JUCOs)
2. No
3. No
4. Not sure

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 23rd, 2013, 09:15 PM
Big House-I re-read your answer,the Spider Club is non FB specific.

Correct. I don't think we report program-specific donations.

IBleedYellow
July 23rd, 2013, 10:46 PM
1. We have a few every so often.
2. I notice that we have a lot of players that were highly touted and very skilled. Next I hear about them they are gone, missed home, or they just didn't want to persevere and push themselves to be a winner. I'm serious, I think a lot of kids these days that have lots of talent never had to be pushed in high school, and then when they see how much they need to work to being a Champion, it just doesn't happen. One of NDSU's best mottos. "Those who stay will be Champions."
3. I wouldn't think we have more than average? Some years 2-4, other years 5-10?
4. I believe last year we donated 2.5 Million to NDSU just for football. I feel like NDSU Teammakers pulls in about 5 Million a year, I can't find the exact numbers right now, but I know we're in the millions.

EDIT: I know that we have to donate at LEAST 2.7M just to cover scholarships, so there is that.

RichH2
July 23rd, 2013, 11:26 PM
Lehigh
1. No
2. No
3. Yes usuallu 20+
4. Dont know

AmsterBison
July 24th, 2013, 06:13 AM
1. We have a few every so often.
2. I notice that we have a lot of players that were highly touted and very skilled. Next I hear about them they are gone, missed home, or they just didn't want to persevere and push themselves to be a winner. I'm serious, I think a lot of kids these days that have lots of talent never had to be pushed in high school, and then when they see how much they need to work to being a Champion, it just doesn't happen. One of NDSU's best mottos. "Those who stay will be Champions."
3. I wouldn't think we have more than average? Some years 2-4, other years 5-10?
4. I believe last year we donated 2.5 Million to NDSU just for football. I feel like NDSU Teammakers pulls in about 5 Million a year, I can't find the exact numbers right now, but I know we're in the millions.

EDIT: I know that we have to donate at LEAST 2.7M just to cover scholarships, so there is that.

Team Makers raised $2.7 million total for NDSU last year - it's not quite enough to cover the scholarship budget so there's work to do (well, there will always be work to do until tuition costs stop going up and every scholarship is endowed.)

DFW HOYA
July 24th, 2013, 09:45 AM
1. Where do your players come from? Specifically, are there a lot of JuCo's,Prep Schoolers and transfers?
Players come nationally, relatively few from local area. No JC's, a few 5th year prep kids, inbound transfers are infrequent, maybe one per class.

2. Is there a lot of attrition from promising frosh and sophs. who wind up off the team for whatever reason?

Attrition comes after sophomore year, either from injuries or students that get involved in other things at the school. Very few outbound transfers--almost all stay on to graduate.

3.Do you typically have a lot of seniors?

24 seniors on this year's team.

4.How much approx. does your booster club raise?

400 boosters, $300K, per latest press release.