PDA

View Full Version : Question for App St. Fans

Dave195
July 23rd, 2013, 01:28 AM
I'm a Detroit Lions fan (I know lol), and I was wondering how you think Steven Miller's skill-set would translate to being a kick returner at the next level? I know he didn't return kicks at App St. because of his value to their offense. I know he has a good vertical and hands supposedly. Thanks!

mountaineer in Cane Land
July 23rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
man, that's a tough question, his speed is exceptional, has the potential to really be good, very quick, can change direction on a dime, but, he is on the small side, worry about his duriabilty. If he can get on the field with the offense, he will surprise you with his versatility. Last year he was a real weapon catching the ball out of the backfield, ran great routes, great hands, anything thrown near him he caught, I could see him becoming an important weapon as a third down back, and a strong backup for Bush. If, he can stay healthy, I think he will prove valuable to the Lions, and a strong value pick where the Lions drafted him.

AppStsGr8
July 23rd, 2013, 11:51 AM
I was impressed last season with Miller's running from the standpoint of waiting for / seeing his blockers before committing. Once he had the block, he had little trouble making the cut. The only problem he has is he's tiny by NFL standards.

Dave195
July 24th, 2013, 03:15 AM
He's wasn't even drafted, he was a signed after not being drafted. They noticed him at Sam Martin's pro day. If he makes the team it would have to be as a KR so the size thing wouldn't be too big a deal. If he made team he'd be 4th string RB so he won't see much time other than ST. I hope he wins the job though.

SpeedkingATL
July 24th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I think he has the proper tools to perform as a returner, but it seems the best returners have a special 6th-sense about them and the ability to almost see the defenders coming in slow-mo. Only time will tell if Miller has that ability. The one great thing about him is that he is not shy about contact which is often a problem with first time returners, especially at the NFL level.