PDA

View Full Version : Ga Southern 1st Timer

The Maestro
July 20th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Will be enjoying Chatty game in Sept. Suggestions are appreciated.

1. Buy tix day of game or in advance (I believe it's homecoming, family day, etc?)....if in advance, what are best sections to view from?

2. Any "must" places on campus or off to see, eat, experience, etc.

3. Best place to park & time to arrive to avoid lines and waiting

Thanks in advance!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 20th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Go to Porkers and grab some good grub.

The Maestro
July 20th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Go to Porkers and grab some good grub.

games @ GS

ursus arctos horribilis
July 20th, 2013, 04:48 PM
games @ GS

Ah, sorry wasn't paying attention I guess.

seantaylor
July 21st, 2013, 12:56 AM
I would say to buy in advance this season because of all the construction. No clue how they will assign the overflow.

chattownmocs
July 21st, 2013, 01:13 AM

1. Buy tix day of game or in advance (I believe it's homecoming, family day, etc?)....if in advance, what are best sections to view from?

Thanks in advance!

Enjoy the Georgia Southern loss.

eaglewraith
July 21st, 2013, 06:01 PM

Thanks in advance!

You can also try GSUFans.com :) You'll definitely get a lot of options for the information you're looking for.

The Maestro
July 22nd, 2013, 05:25 AM
Nothin' from gsu fans on eats and other festivities? So much for southern hospitality

Eaglesrus
July 22nd, 2013, 07:45 AM
Sorry, I've been tied up since Wednesday helping my son move. First off, if you're staying overnight I'd say that your best bet is to stay in Savannah. You can make it to Statesboro from downtown to Statesboro in less than an hour, and the I-95/airport area is even closer. You won't be able to park right at the stadium, that's athletic foundation members only, but the stadium is on campus and there are many satellite lots with free bus transport to the stadium. We'd be more than happy for you to come to our tailgate (warning: we're mostly an older crowd). If you're interested in that let me know.

GSUsTALON
July 22nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Nothin' from gsu fans on eats and other festivities? So much for southern hospitality

As another poster stated , go to gsufans.com & then to the FliteLine board. they should have some info for you!

Eaglesrus
July 22nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
As to must sees on campus, the raptor center, home to our mascots and many other birds and reptiles.

GATA
July 22nd, 2013, 11:49 AM

1984...the last time your guys even made a playoff appearance...

Considering I was born in 1985...that "program" has literally never won a playoff game in my lifetime. Now that I actually see that written down in front of me...it actually makes me sad FOR you.

I mean, there is a very real chance I could die without ever seeing Chattanooga win a playoff game. That's humbling. You hang in there bud.

citdog
July 22nd, 2013, 02:13 PM
Sorry, I've been tied up since Wednesday helping my son move..

http://www.smithandwessonforums.com/forum/attachments/short-story-forum/4227d1330955551-i-want-trailer-trash-redneck_trailer_boat.jpg

pike51
July 22nd, 2013, 02:19 PM

So much fail in one post. Funny thing is, you'll be standing outside the UT game begging like Rudy to get in.

Eaglesrus
July 22nd, 2013, 04:41 PM
http://www.smithandwessonforums.com/forum/attachments/short-story-forum/4227d1330955551-i-want-trailer-trash-redneck_trailer_boat.jpg

Nah, we're not in Charleston.

citdog
July 22nd, 2013, 04:49 PM
Nah, we're not in Charleston.

http://users.wowway.com/~jenkins/ironclads/Chicora.jpg

We prefer Ironclads down here.

bjtheflamesfan
July 22nd, 2013, 04:56 PM
So much fail in one post. Funny thing is, you'll be standing outside the UT game begging like Rudy to get in. As I mentioned in another post, UTC has only one win in Statesboro in series history and I think two overall...

chattownmocs
July 22nd, 2013, 06:33 PM
As I mentioned in another post, UTC has only one win in Statesboro in series history and I think two overall...

Not even close.

eaglewraith
July 22nd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Not even close.

22-4

One loss in Statesboro. He was pretty close.

GATA_Eagles
July 22nd, 2013, 08:42 PM
Not even close.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/southern/georgia_southern/opponents_records.php?teamid=3193

Georgia Southern vs Tennessee-Chattanooga

Record: 22-4-0

Home Record: 12-1 (92.3%)
Away Record: 10-3 (76.9%)

bjtheflamesfan
July 22nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Ok so 4 overall...that isn't too far off...that said, the Mocs pretty much have been the Eagles' (word redacted since this is a family site)...but I digress...

A friend of mine is an assistant coach for the softball team there, but the resident Eagle posters here and on their board are a wealth of information. I do wish Liberty and GSU could have gotten together again this year before the Eagles GATA in FBS

seantaylor
July 23rd, 2013, 02:25 AM
Chatty will get beat by as many as Monken wants them to in Paulson this season.

The Maestro
July 23rd, 2013, 04:31 PM
Sorry, I've been tied up since Wednesday helping my son move. First off, if you're staying overnight I'd say that your best bet is to stay in Savannah. You can make it to Statesboro from downtown to Statesboro in less than an hour, and the I-95/airport area is even closer. You won't be able to park right at the stadium, that's athletic foundation members only, but the stadium is on campus and there are many satellite lots with free bus transport to the stadium. We'd be more than happy for you to come to our tailgate (warning: we're mostly an older crowd). If you're interested in that let me know.

Thanks eaglesrus & i may just take you up on the offer; I'll check back as we get closer. We will be driving up either from Savannah or possibly St Simons (going to Valdosta-Camden game Fri nite)

The Maestro
July 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
Hells bells, I hope the game is 1/2 as good as the Texas Cage Match I seemed to have kickstarted just by asking for some info on the lay of the land in Statesboro....didn't realize GS-Chatty had such an edge. Can't wait boys! See y'all in a few weeks.

chattownmocs
July 23rd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Ok so 4 overall...that isn't too far off...that said, the Mocs pretty much have been the Eagles' (word redacted since this is a family site)...but I digress...

A friend of mine is an assistant coach for the softball team there, but the resident Eagle posters here and on their board are a wealth of information. I do wish Liberty and GSU could have gotten together again this year before the Eagles GATA in FBS

Chattanooga has won 3 of the last 7 so attempting to say it would be some sort of anomaly by saying they have won twice since 1982 would be a complete swing and a miss. go away. you don't know what you are talking about.

Eaglesrus
July 23rd, 2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks eaglesrus & i may just take you up on the offer; I'll check back as we get closer. We will be driving up either from Savannah or possibly St Simons (going to Valdosta-Camden game Fri nite)

Great! Let me know and I'll let you know how to find us, etc.

eaglewraith
July 23rd, 2013, 11:00 PM
Chattanooga has won 3 of the last 7 so attempting to say it would be some sort of anomaly by saying they have won twice since 1982 would be a complete swing and a miss. go away. you don't know what you are talking about.

"Hey guys, we haven't even won half of the last 7 games with them so we're definitely gonna own their asses."

As one of the guys on our board is fond of saying, you're using arbitrary endpoints. You've won 4 games period. 2 of those wins came against our worst teams in the modern era. So yea, congratulations on your ability to tote an ass whipping.

seantaylor
July 24th, 2013, 04:00 AM

Cannot count the two retarded coaches Sammy Baker hired. Tyrone Bigums coaches better than Hatcher and VG. Thankfully Sammy is dead and buried.