PDA

View Full Version : Per the University of Georgia ticket website....

catamount man
July 20th, 2013, 08:10 AM
....all tickets for the UGA-App game Nov 9th are SOLD OUT. WOW! I would say a lot of APP fans/donors stepped up and purchased or a lot of UGA people realizing that App is now, for all intent and purposes, an FBS school scooped them up.

Kudos to App for generating that interest. Love them or hate them, they are going to be missed. I just think what IF WCU's leaders for the last 30 years had had that kind of passion for athletics.xbangxxbangxxbangx

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 20th, 2013, 08:50 AM
I would have been surprised if it didn't sell out...

Catatonic
July 20th, 2013, 08:51 AM
A sell out does not mean a full Sanford stadium.

UGA students and long time season ticket holders may hold tickets but usually stay away in droves from games against FCS or bottom tier FBS schools like New Mexico State. Anyone wanting to attend can pick up tickets for a fraction of face value on the bridge behind the end zone or from one of the online ticket brokers. Tickets might be a little tighter this year since many preseason polls have the Dawgs in the top 5. Even so, anyone wanting a ticket should find lots of sellers, and prices will drop if UGA drops its opener against Clemson or South Carolina the following week.

OL FU
July 20th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Beat the Dawgsxthumbsupx

Apphole
July 20th, 2013, 11:09 AM
We travel well.

walliver
July 20th, 2013, 07:35 PM
UGA would sell out a game against the Sisters of the Poor.

I doubt UGA fans really see App State as FBS. Their marketing department may spin things a little, but Dawg fans are arrogant and will expect a 50 point win.

Saint3333
July 20th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Are all UGA games sold out. If not that says something.

clenz
July 20th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Michigan had about 109k for the Delaware State game a couple years ago

I'd have been worried if they didn't sell it out
quando omni flunkus moritati

lionsrking2
July 21st, 2013, 12:20 AM
UGA games are usually sellouts as it is, however, I'm sure it doesn't hurt that the Appalachian State game is Homecoming.

md64179
July 21st, 2013, 08:40 AM
Still over 1300 tickets on stubhub starting at $33. With the team UGA has this year I would expect them to sell out every game no problem

Eagle22
July 21st, 2013, 01:32 PM

They will be all sold out. They have had sellouts every game since before they last added onto the stadium. They cracked 92K at that point and that year GSU opened @ UGA and it was the largest attended sporting event in the state of Georgia.

Since then, every game has sold out ... but you'll see a fair number of open seats in the upper sections. Sell out does not equal full house, in their case. I'm sure ASU will represent well.

When GSU plays in Athens, we've been allocated 10K tickets to sell and always sell them all. I know that when UGA plays teams like FAU and Buffalo they don't have that high of an allocation but they get the remnants returned and have no problems selling them.

eaglewraith
July 21st, 2013, 05:57 PM

Yes they are. Doubt App got more than their allotment.

eaglewraith
July 21st, 2013, 05:58 PM
Still over 1300 tickets on stubhub starting at $33. With the team UGA has this year I would expect them to sell out every game no problem

Stubhub is a little different. Those tickets are "sold" in the eyes of the ticket department at the school. Stubhub buys a huge block when they go up for sale.

Saint3333
July 21st, 2013, 08:32 PM
Yes they are. Doubt App got more than their allotment.

Nope tickets were still available for North Texas at the date of the post.

App will get more than our allotment, just like we do at ECU and NCSU due to friendships with their alums.

Smitty
July 21st, 2013, 08:43 PM
We travel well.

Virgina Tech would say otherwise...

CID1990
July 21st, 2013, 09:18 PM
I just heard that the game is going to have a 007 theme:

A View to a Kill

Sent from the center of the universe.

eaglewraith
July 21st, 2013, 09:28 PM
Nope tickets were still available for North Texas at the date of the post.

App will get more than our allotment, just like we do at ECU and NCSU due to friendships with their alums.

You get more than 10k I'll be surprised.

seantaylor
July 22nd, 2013, 12:54 AM

Georgia Southern would as well.

Apphole
July 22nd, 2013, 07:33 AM

We brought as many as a typical ACC team...

My lady's parents are huge Hokie fans.

Apphole
July 22nd, 2013, 07:34 AM
Georgia Southern would as well.

xlolx I was waiting for that. We sell out our allotment. Not our fault you have such a tiny stadium.

ASUMountaineer
July 22nd, 2013, 07:43 AM
Let it be noted, this thread was not started by an App fan.

ASUMountaineer
July 22nd, 2013, 07:43 AM

The fans traveled well to VT, it's the football team that didn't show up.

eaglewraith
July 22nd, 2013, 08:19 AM
xlolx I was waiting for that. We sell out our allotment. Not our fault you have such a tiny stadium.

You are allowed to get many more tickets than what you get. Most I've EVER seen in Paulson is at best 200 fans. You travel well to FBS games and local games, that's it.

ASUMountaineer
July 22nd, 2013, 09:50 AM
You are allowed to get many more tickets than what you get. Most I've EVER seen in Paulson is at best 200 fans. You travel well to FBS games and local games, that's it.

xlolx

eaglewraith
July 22nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
xlolx

Ok maybe 500.

You've never come close to filling a section since I started school in 2001. A section is relatively 1500 seats.

seantaylor
July 23rd, 2013, 02:14 AM
500 is generous. I've only missed two GSU-Appy games in Paulson since 1998. Never seen anywhere near 500 Appys in Paulson. 200 was pretty spot on.

HappyAppy
July 23rd, 2013, 04:52 AM
500 is generous. I've only missed two GSU-Appy games in Paulson since 1998. Never seen anywhere near 500 Appys in Paulson. 200 was pretty spot on.

You either can't count or you are a liar. I was at the 2010 game and its a joke to suggest we only had 200 fans there.

eaglewraith
July 23rd, 2013, 05:37 AM
You either can't count or you are a liar. I was at the 2010 game and its a joke to suggest we only had 200 fans there.

I was at the 2010 game as well. The section your fans was in wasn't even half full, maybe a quarter. A section is around 1500 seats. Do the math.

HappyAppy
July 23rd, 2013, 06:26 AM
I was at the 2010 game as well. The section your fans was in wasn't even half full, maybe a quarter. A section is around 1500 seats. Do the math.

Ok, so lets say 500 like you said (which still seems lite but is more reasonable). That means 200 is way off.

eaglewraith
July 23rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Ok, so lets say 500 like you said (which still seems lite but is more reasonable). That means 200 is way off.

Notice I said maybe 500 in my next post after 200, but I honestly think it's probably more in the 300-400 range.

Your fans haven't traveled well to Georgia Southern in the last 12 years. It's not an indictment of your program, but the only places it's obvious you travel well is the FBS games you play, and the games in NC.

Apphole
July 23rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
I went last year and 500 seems about right. Now that The Stink is FBS and they're adding seats I'd expect to see more fans make the trip.

I know several fans that refuse to go back to Stateboro after bad experiences. I heard a ton of bad stuff this last year, but ASUMike and I were treated like kings and didn't hear much of any trash talk to our surprise. I'll be back. Also, Sanannah is awesome.

Apphole
July 23rd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Notice I said maybe 500 in my next post after 200, but I honestly think it's probably more in the 300-400 range.

Your fans haven't traveled well to Georgia Southern in the last 12 years. It's not an indictment of your program, but the only places it's obvious you travel well is the FBS games you play, and the games in NC.

We travel well in South Carolina also, but I see your point. I'd say compared to most D-1 football programs, we travel very well.

Saint3333
July 23rd, 2013, 07:34 AM
People tend to travel to nice parts of the country, Statesboro doesn't qualify.

eaglewraith
July 23rd, 2013, 09:13 AM
We travel well in South Carolina also, but I see your point. I'd say compared to most D-1 football programs, we travel very well.

Fair enough, SC is fairly close. I'd wager that it's mainly Furman and Wofford that get the best travel and less for Citadel.

I'm not sure how well we traveled to App with it being on the outer periphery of the conference, but every other away game I've been to was quite well attended by our fans. I never went to any of the NC games, but I've been to Samford, Cit, Furman, and Wofford.

Eagle22
July 23rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
People tend to travel to nice parts of the country, Statesboro doesn't qualify.

Diehard fans tend to follow their teams wherever they play ;)

walliver
July 23rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Fair enough, SC is fairly close. I'd wager that it's mainly Furman and Wofford that get the best travel and less for Citadel.

I'm not sure how well we traveled to App with it being on the outer periphery of the conference, but every other away game I've been to was quite well attended by our fans. I never went to any of the NC games, but I've been to Samford, Cit, Furman, and Wofford.

Although the upstate isn't particularly close to either GSU or ASU, it is close to Atlanta and Charlotte where a lot of their alumni live, which probably contributes a lot to attendance.

In the Sunbelt, Atlanta will be quite central in the eastern division, but Charlotte and the Triad will be on the fringe.
It will be interesting to see which GSU brings more fans to the Georgia Dome.

CID1990
July 23rd, 2013, 11:33 AM
xlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 23rd, 2013, 01:06 PM
We definitely have problems created by having large student crowds sitting essentially right next to the opposing team's fans. Hopefully when the new seating is completed we can have more separation. I honestly think our reputation over the years has hurt visiting team attendance. The App. crowds in Paulson have definitely gotten skimpier over the years and I have been to every home against against App. since 1998.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2013, 01:15 PM
We definitely have problems created by having large student crowds sitting essentially right next to the opposing team's fans. Hopefully when the new seating is completed we can have more separation. I honestly think our reputation over the years has hurt visiting team attendance. The App. crowds in Paulson have definitely gotten skimpier over the years and I have been to every home against against App. since 1998.

I was not able to attend the 1989 Semi but I think you have it right on this one. Not one friend that went to that one had anything good to say about the general sportsmanship shown by GSU fans toward them. I would really have liked to been able to see the Griz go back there and make that trip to meet up with a lot of GSU fans from the boards cuz I know that would have been a much better experience than was relayed. At the 2000 game in Chatty I met some real decent GSU fans and some real ****ty ones but I'd bet the same would be said from a GSU perspective. I was just sort of surprised that it was about a 1 to 1 ratio in good/bad in Chatty.

The bad were always the younger dbags that should never rep the University in the first place though. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
July 23rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
I was not able to attend the 1989 Semi but I think you have it right on this one. Not one friend that went to that one had anything good to say about the general sportsmanship shown by GSU fans toward them. I would really have liked to been able to see the Griz go back there and make that trip to meet up with a lot of GSU fans from the boards cuz I know that would have been a much better experience than was relayed. At the 2000 game in Chatty I met some real decent GSU fans and some real ****ty ones but I'd bet the same would be said from a GSU perspective. I was just sort of surprised that it was about a 1 to 1 ratio in good/bad in Chatty.

The bad were always the younger dbags that should never rep the University in the first place though. xlolx

You see it everywhere, even in places where it makes no sense. Been to games in Cullowhee several times. I've been cursed at and had stuff thrown at us...taunts and such. I mean, granted, it only involved 3 of their 10 fans...but that's 30% of the fan base! It's not like they had any reason to talk smack, but they did so nonetheless.

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2013, 02:03 PM
You see it everywhere, even in places where it makes no sense. Been to games in Cullowhee several times. I've been cursed at and had stuff thrown at us...taunts and such. I mean, granted, it only involved 3 of their 10 fans...but that's 30% of the fan base! It's not like they had any reason to talk smack, but they did so nonetheless.

xlolx

Cman has told me he's trying to be more positive so that may not be a problem going forward. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
July 23rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Cman has told me he's trying to be more positive so that may not be a problem going forward. xlolx

xlolx