PDA

View Full Version : Which DBs do you think will get a major all-star game invite or NFL Combine invite?

smallcollegefbfan
July 17th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Who and why?

smallcollegefbfan
July 17th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Didn't include them on the top list but figured I would mention Southern's Virgil Williams, Liberty's Walt Aikens, SHSU Bookie Sneed, and Chattanooga's Kadeem Wise.

dewey
July 17th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Marcus Williams is the only player I have seen numerous times so I voted for him.

Dewey

bjtheflamesfan
July 17th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Other: Kevin Fogg, Liberty

Both Fogg and Aikens have a good chance to get some all-star game looks and will have a few scouts following them throughout this year Id think, especially Fogg with his coming off the foot injury last year, they will want to see if he has that same explosiveness that he had in 2011

smallcollegefbfan
July 17th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Other: Kevin Fogg, Liberty

I think he's better as a return man. In fact, I think there are several really good players in FCS at a skill position who may be better as a return man or see their draft stock enhanced greatly by their return skills.

bjtheflamesfan
July 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Fogg was really working to improve his cover skills during 2011 and if not for the injury, he would have had more chance to build on that in 2012 as well, to improve his stock to teams. Will be interesting to see him match up with Kent State's #2 (with Aikens likely getting the #1 wideout matchup)

WestCoastAggie
July 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM
D’Vonte Graham (A&T) Should be on this list.

seantaylor
July 18th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Lavelle Westbrooks, GSU. Great cover guy. Think he takes the next step this season.

smallcollegefbfan
July 18th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Lavelle Westbrooks, GSU. Great cover guy. Think he takes the next step this season.

He is pretty good. Been told he is considered a wait and see guy to see what he does. You guys had the 2 DBs last year with one being a guy who should have a good career and have had success there in the past. It's hard to doubt GSU secondary players.

813Jag
July 18th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I think Cox from Jackson State is a player, continues the tradition of strong DB play in Jackson.

Go Green
July 18th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Dartmouth safety Garrett Waggoner is expected to get looked at by NFL Scouts. Made 1st Team All-Ivy last year.