PDA

View Full Version : Maine participation report.

Tribe4SF
September 10th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Can anyone confirm that the report in the box score is correct, and that Maine only used 35 players against YSU?

TexasTerror
September 10th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Can anyone confirm that the report in the box score is correct, and that Maine only used 35 players against YSU?

Would seem to me the SID did not input participation and just went with what players got stats as the game went on in addition to the starting lineups...

I've been on game day crews where they were pretty hard core on getting the participants and then I've been on some where it didn't matter at all...

Tribe4SF
September 10th, 2006, 10:26 AM
It's the same in box scores on both teams sites. YSU shows alot more playing. If Maine statistician was responsible for report, you could be right.

cosmo here
September 10th, 2006, 10:30 AM
It's the same in box scores on both teams sites. YSU shows alot more playing. If Maine statistician was responsible for report, you could be right.

since YSU was the home team Maine may not have submitted its participation report before leaving. in checking the box score there are no players on participation that don't have stats or were starters. does Maine usually play all starters on special teams?

TexasTerror
September 10th, 2006, 10:41 AM
since YSU was the home team Maine may not have submitted its participation report before leaving. in checking the box score there are no players on participation that don't have stats or were starters. does Maine usually play all starters on special teams?

That could be the case as well...

Sometimes the SIDs also go back later to update the participation report after sending the initial box score off to the media, etc...

Tribe4SF
September 10th, 2006, 10:42 AM

I can't imagine that they do, or that every player that participated got a stat. Frustrating when teams do a poor job with stats.

cosmo here
September 10th, 2006, 10:56 AM
I can't imagine that they do, or that every player that participated got a stat. Frustrating when teams do a poor job with stats.

that's not really doing a poor job, just prioritizing time. some things can be done later, especially when you're flying from Youngstown back to Maine.