PDA

View Full Version : Which Offensive Linemen do you think will get an all-star game or NFL Combine invite?

smallcollegefbfan
July 15th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Like the others. Vote for who and tell why.

BisonFan02
July 15th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Turner and Dozier. Only two that have been on my radar on that list anyway. Witzmann and Aladenoye didn't impress me THAT much anyway last year. We shall see.

lionsrking2
July 16th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Don't sleep on Southeastern Louisiana's Gasten Gabriel, 6'5, 305, Left Tackle ... he's always had the athleticism and natural ability but is finally filling out his frame and developing the strength needed to play at the next level. He had a very good spring and poised to have a great year as a 5th year senior, and three year starter.

bjtheflamesfan
July 16th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Malcolm Boyd, Liberty

smallcollegefbfan
July 16th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Don't sleep on Southeastern Louisiana's Gasten Gabriel, 6'5, 305, Left Tackle ... he's always had the athleticism and natural ability but is finally filling out his frame and developing the strength needed to play at the next level. He had a very good spring and poised to have a great year as a 5th year senior, and three year starter.

I almost put him on the list.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 16th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Turner - No homer.

Professor Chaos
July 16th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I think there's a decent chance that Turner, not Marcus Williams, will be the highest drafted Bison in next year's draft.

Bisonator
July 16th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I think there's a decent chance that Turner, not Marcus Williams, will be the highest drafted Bison in next year's draft.

Agreed.

BisonBacker
July 16th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Agreed X 3

smallcollegefbfan
July 16th, 2013, 09:34 AM

I think it's a pretty good chance actually. I think you are right. I see Williams as a late round or PFA type prospect and while Turner is probably in the same range right now linemen develop much more so I could see him really pushing up the board more.

He's 6'6, good feet, moves well, strong, and consistent player. Just more of the prototype tackle than Williams is a prototype corner.

andy7171
July 16th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Eric Pike from Towson has been dominant since day one. His play on the field and Jermon Bushrods success in the NFL will get him some post season looks.

bjtheflamesfan
July 16th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Malcolm Boyd, Liberty

I almost put him on the list.

I would hope that you felt the same way about Boyd. Before his injury last season against Norfolk State, he was a preseason all-conference and actually was a legit pro prospect and all-American candidate. He is recovered and played some in the spring and will be a leader on the line this fall.

smallcollegefbfan
July 16th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I would hope that you felt the same way about Boyd. Before his injury last season against Norfolk State, he was a preseason all-conference and actually was a legit pro prospect and all-American candidate. He is recovered and played some in the spring and will be a leader on the line this fall.

He's on my list. I would have probably put him had there been 5 more spots. I put the guys I have rated the highest.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 16th, 2013, 06:43 PM

If Marcus would not take plays off and would tackle better, he could be a 2nd round pick.

Turner for sure but he needs to increase his strength.

Wildcat 86
July 17th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Abilene Christian's OT Will Latu 6'5" 315
He honestly played HORRIBLY last year, but prior to that he was one of the most heavily recruited LTs in the country coming out of College of the Canyons (Auburn, Boise St, West VA...before signing with Oklahoma). If he has another really bad year, he won't get looks. But if he can find some consistency, his combination of size, strength, and athleticism will get him to the combine. Can't teach what he has, and NFL coaches will think that they can teach what he doesn't have (technique, refinement, etc).

smallcollegefbfan
July 17th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Abilene Christian's OT Will Latu 6'5" 315
He honestly played HORRIBLY last year, but prior to that he was one of the most heavily recruited LTs in the country coming out of College of the Canyons (Auburn, Boise St, West VA...before signing with Oklahoma). If he has another really bad year, he won't get looks. But if he can find some consistency, his combination of size, strength, and athleticism will get him to the combine. Can't teach what he has, and NFL coaches will think that they can teach what he doesn't have (technique, refinement, etc).

He was really over hyped I thought. I know it wasn't completely on Oklahoma but after seeing him play I think the Sooners probably would not have played him last year. He has some tools but just isn't more than a camp body right now. The potential is there and we will find out if he wants the NFL badly based on how much he improves this year.