PDA

View Full Version : Impact of transfers

TheGateway
June 8th, 2005, 03:25 PM
What transfer(s) will make the biggest impact for there team this season?

kats89
June 8th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Transfer from Oklahoma last year, QB Noah Allen, 6'3" 215lbs, 4.5 to 4.6 speed. He will be the starter for the next two years. Will turn some heads with his play.

Retro
June 8th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I hope to see some immediate impact from this guy:

Hammond Thomas, 6-1, junior, transfer from Kansas state.

GeauxLions94
June 8th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Hope to see lots of yards from Jerald Watson (RB from Auburn) ... the guy can fly and had chance to play pro baseball out of high school. Originally committed to LSU before changing mind and going to TeleTubberville U.

justballn21
June 8th, 2005, 06:31 PM
UMass has gota good transfer from Maryland.

blackfordpu
June 8th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Hopefully the transfer WR we got from Virginia Tech (?) :confused: will make an impact.

umassfan
June 8th, 2005, 07:34 PM
UMass has gota good transfer from Maryland.

We got many transfers, got a DB, DE, DL, OL, QB to name a few... The one who was in spring pratice and will have the biggest impact will be our OLineman from SU.

ISUMatt
June 8th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Im hoping RB Pierre Rembert from Michigan keeps the ball moving when Brian Thompson needs a breather

Pantherpower
June 8th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Don't look now but ISU could have a pretty salty backfield next season. How is your O-line shaping up?

ISUMatt
June 8th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Don't look now but ISU could have a pretty salty backfield next season. How is your O-line shaping up?

Very Big and Very solid anchored by this young man...

Stafford Davis
• 2004 All-Gateway First Team
• 2004 GFC All-Academic Honorable Mention
• 2004 Football Gazette West Region Third Team
• 2004 CollegeSportsReport.com Honorable Mention All-America
• 2003 All-Gateway Second Team
• 2003 Football Gazette West Region Honorable Mention
• 2002 All-Gateway Second Team
• 2002 All-Gateway Newcomer Team
• 2002 Football Gazette West Region Second Team

ngineer
June 8th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Matt McGowan, transfering from Richmond to Lehigh, won't be a 'major' impact since Eric Rath will be returning for an expected stellar senior season.However, his presence will give a lot of depth to the backfield, since Rath has been injury prone and when he's been out, Lehigh lost something running off tackle. McGowan is a tough back who should provide significan options.

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 8th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Eric Rath will be returning for an expected stellar senior season.>>

He has another year of eligibility left after this year, i wonder if he's planning on returning?

ngineer
June 8th, 2005, 11:29 PM
I forgot about the additional year with the one he sat out. I guess whether he comes back in '06 would depend on grad credits and post-grad plans.

CosmoVixen24
June 9th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Whoever gets (Martin) Hankins will be excited I'm sure.

kats89
June 9th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Valdosta St is what I have heard.

colgate13
June 9th, 2005, 07:17 AM
I forgot about the additional year with the one he sat out. I guess whether he comes back in '06 would depend on grad credits and post-grad plans.
Or taking an academic leave in the spring and graduating in the fall... That's been the Colgate way for an extra year because of injury, etc.

Chi Panther
June 9th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Very Big and Very solid anchored by this young man...

Stafford Davis
• 2004 All-Gateway First Team
• 2004 GFC All-Academic Honorable Mention
• 2004 Football Gazette West Region Third Team
• 2004 CollegeSportsReport.com Honorable Mention All-America
• 2003 All-Gateway Second Team
• 2003 Football Gazette West Region Honorable Mention
• 2002 All-Gateway Second Team
• 2002 All-Gateway Newcomer Team
• 2002 Football Gazette West Region Second Team

Matt,

I love seeing kids All Gateway/American....but more importantly All Academic!

Should be a Solid Offense in Normal!

CosmoVixen24
June 9th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Valdosta St is what I have heard.

Me too, well, that's what people think, but he never said where he intends on going. He still doesn't know yet.

GoGuins
June 10th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Im hoping RB Pierre Rembert from Michigan keeps the ball moving when Brian Thompson needs a breather

You got a good one there, Go Blue!

Pantherpower
June 10th, 2005, 07:36 PM
ISUMatt,

What's the attitude around Normal? Do you think the Redbirds will make a run at the GFC? I'm starting to wonder if they shouldn't be considered a "sleeper" but am questioning your Defense. Thoughts?? :)

purduecrum
June 12th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Watch for Scott Carroll (Purdue transfer) to have two years of impact for SMS. I think he might sit behind their senior QB this year, but only a sophomore Scott will have at least two good years as a starter and maybe more if conditions are right.

Another former Purdue QB that jumped out of a log-jam of QB's at Purdue happened to jump in to another log-jam at Princeton. He will be competing with two juniors, and a fellow sophomore for the starting job. Princeton's coach called their QB situation "blessed" and Foran the most athletic. He left Purdue after an experimental switch to running back, yes running back, was not to his liking.

TXST_CAT
June 12th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Take your pic. This is what I pulled from the TXTS web site. I think there are supposed to be more transfers this summer. I feel each player will make a difference.

Rickey McKinley, DB, 5-11, 190, Austin, Texas (Reagan)/Northeastern Oklahoma
Junior college transfer who was a special teams standout and led Northeastern Oklahoma in tackles ... as a freshman rushed for over 100 yards and a touchdown in two games before a season-ending injury ... NEO posted a 10-2 record and won the Southwest Junior College Football Conference title freshman season ... prepped at Reagan High School where he was named first-team all-district at running back ... ran for 1,700 yards and 25 touchdowns as a senior ... member of district championship team junior year ... high school coach was Todd Patmon ... out of high school, he was ranked No. 67 on the Texas Top 100 list ... son of Ricky McKinley and Linda Davis ... sister LeKisha is a recent Texas State alum ... born Feb. 17, 1985 in Austin.

Jamarqus O'Neal, DB, 6-1, 192, Orange, Texas (West Orange)/Trinity Valley CC
Junior college transfer out of Trinity Valley Community College in Athens, Texas ... had five interceptions for 74 yards including a long of 38 ... was named to the Southwest Junior College Football Conference's all-league team as a sophomore ... junior college coach was Mark Sartain ... three-year letter winner at West Orange ... named all-district as well as the team's most valuable player ... was a member of squad's Class 4A state runner-up team in 2000 ... high school coach was Dan Hooks ... member of West Orange's 4x100 2003 state championship team ... son of Hardy and Broda O'Neal ... born July 29, 1985 in Orange.

Daniel Jolly, RB, 6-0, 235, Jr., San Antonio, Texas (John Marshall)/Colorado
Transferred to Texas State following sophomore season at Colorado.
2004 (Sophomore): Saw action in all 12 games on special teams (mainly the FG/PAT unit, where he played all 53 snaps) ... also played on offense at fullback and early in the season at tailback ... third on the team in rushing with 23 carries for 62 yards ... seven of his carries were 5+ yards ... also caught two passes for 11 yards and earned two first downs on the year. 2003 (Freshman): Saw action in seven games at tailback as a freshman ... missed the first month of the season with a knee sprain ... early in his rookie season was a scoring machine, as at one point, he had 11 rushes and four touchdowns before finishing the season with six scores on 47 carries ... gained 109 yards for a 2.3 per carry average ... was 8-for-12 in third- and fourth-and-1 situation ... rushed nine times for 28 yards and a score at Kansas State and had 13 carries for 20 yards at Texas Tech ... had a multiple TD game (two) in CU's overtime win over Kansas.

Randy McAdams, OL, 6-7, 285, Fr., Leander, Texas (Leander)/Oklahoma
Returns to Texas as a mid-year transfer to Texas State University ... red-shirted as a freshman last year at the University of Oklahoma.
Leander: Two-year starter on the offensive line at Leander who also handled deep-snapping chores ... first-team all-district and all-CenTex selection as both a junior and senior ... named to PrepStar's all-region team senior year ... was the No. 25-ranked offensive lineman in the nation by SuperPrep ... recorded 31 pancake tackles as a senior ... surrendered only one sack in 14 games as a senior ... helped lead Leander to a 12-2 mark and a state quarterfinal berth in 2003 ... played in the Central Texas All-Star Game ... Steve Gideon-coached team posted a 9-3 record and captured bi-district title junior year. Personal: Born Sept. 12, 1985 ... son of Sam and Tracy McAdams.

Beau Tuft, OL, 6-6, 300, So., Houston, Texas (Westside)/Houston
Backup offensive lineman last year as a red-shirt freshman at the University of Houston last year ... mid-year transfer to Texas State who has three years of eligibility.
Westside: Was named the All-District Offensive Lineman of the Year as a senior at Westside ... two-time first-team all-district pick as well as named second-team all-district as a sophomore ... rated the No. 116 player in Texas by Websider.com ... rated No. 86 on Lone Star Recruiting Texas' Hot 100 ... also an academic all-district pick. Personal: Born Sept. 10, 1984 in Enid, Okla. ... son of Jay and Judy Tuft and Robin and Jim Henry.

P2TheB
June 13th, 2005, 09:51 AM
UNI just picked up a DE transfer from Minnesota. Everette Pedescleaux (6'5" 240+) will have four years of eligibility remaining.

P2TheB
June 13th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Everette was the #24 rated defensive end in the country per Tom Lemming in 2004.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/news/story?page=2004topdefensiveends