PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will win the Buck Buchanan Award?

smallcollegefbfan
July 11th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Vote and then post who you think and why. Not only why in terms of talent and their resume but what about their situation? Is the defense set to allow them to just roam free or do they have a bookend who is good so they won't be ran away from or thrown away from as much as people would like to?

smallcollegefbfan
July 11th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I'm not saying these guys will win it but I am telling you they will be All-Americans this year. Watch these names. NFL teams are and they will likely be at the NFL Scouting Combine.

DT Zachariah Kerr, Delaware
CB Todd Washington, SLU
S Julien David, Howard
DE Rakim Cox, Villanova- If healthy he could be a combine guy and All-American
CB Jordan Love, Towson

NoDak 4 Ever
July 11th, 2013, 10:54 PM
I think that Marcus Williams will have a lot of chances with the way that NDSU just flat out erases the run game for their opponents. Only two problems will be an untested CB on the other side replacing veteran Andre Martin and the pass rush being so good a lot of passes won't get made.

da_Bison
July 11th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Grant Olson, the catalyst of the great defense the Bison have been playing the past 2 years

Twentysix
July 12th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Marcus is probably the top defensive player, but im unsure his stats will reflect it since he is avoided in most games.

It's possible heagle will win it as well, he is being forgotten since he was injured for 90% of last season, but he can be an electric player.

frozennorth
July 12th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Marcus is probably the top defensive player, but im unsure his stats will reflect it since he is avoided in most games.

It's possible heagle will win it as well, he is being forgotten since he was injured for 90% of last season, but he can be an electric player.

Really I think there are about 6 ndsu players I think could win up having a legit shot, perry, olson, littlejohn, williams, heagle and dudzik (who I think is a breakout star this year. Thoughts SCFBF?).

Bisonator
July 12th, 2013, 07:38 AM
I picked MWill to win it just for the fact that he's more flashy and those types tend to win these types of awards. I really think Grant is the heart and sole of our defense though and deserves all the accolades that come his way!

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM
A little something for people to consider....16 of the 18 BB award winners have been either defensive ends or linebackers.

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2013, 08:27 AM
A little something for people to consider....16 of the 18 BB award winners have been either defensive ends or linebackers.

That's why I said I thought there should have been more ends on the official watch list because they are more likely to win it than a corner or safety. ILB and DE are where the bigger stats are and voters often times vote stats.

For example, the best defensive player in FCS last year was Robert Alford but he didn't have the stats to win it so voters didn't give it to him.

Nickels
July 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
This guy certainly has a chance but probably wont win due to his off the field past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gElPOAMToIc

BisonBacker
July 12th, 2013, 09:13 AM
My vote is for Grant Olson. Barring injury he's a machine in the middle! Marcus is good but honestly I think maybe a bit over rated. Last year in the playoff's he was exposed vs. Georgia Southern and Sam Houston. He can play like a freak and then play like he's lost all in the same game. I'm sure it's hard to keep your head in the game when 98% of the game they won't throw his way and then all of a sudden drop a bomb on him but he gave to many plays where he wasn't even in the play or looked completely lost. 4th qtr pass against him in the Georgia Southern game where he tripped over himself basically and got burned on a 40ish yard pass that put G.Southern in a position to potentially tie the game with a field goal. Defensively that just can't happen when you know they are going to toss the long ball and yet he looked pathetic in that play. M Will has the tools but he's gotta learn to keep his head in the game at critical moments.

dewey
July 12th, 2013, 10:13 AM
My vote is for Grant Olson. Barring injury he's a machine in the middle! Marcus is good but honestly I think maybe a bit over rated. Last year in the playoff's he was exposed vs. Georgia Southern and Sam Houston. He can play like a freak and then play like he's lost all in the same game. I'm sure it's hard to keep your head in the game when 98% of the game they won't throw his way and then all of a sudden drop a bomb on him but he gave to many plays where he wasn't even in the play or looked completely lost. 4th qtr pass against him in the Georgia Southern game where he tripped over himself basically and got burned on a 40ish yard pass that put G.Southern in a position to potentially tie the game with a field goal. Defensively that just can't happen when you know they are going to toss the long ball and yet he looked pathetic in that play. M Will has the tools but he's gotta learn to keep his head in the game at critical moments.

My vote was for Grant Olson as well.

Dewey