PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Registration

AGSPoll
July 11th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Go to his link to take care of registering and READING the instructions please.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?134293-2013-Poll-Registration-Now-Open

That thread is info. only and comments regarding this can be left on this thread.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 11th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Almost registered again because I am so universally loved, that I can totally absorb the neg.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Almost registered again because I am so universally loved, that I can totally absorb the neg.

Well you might be able to but I have ursus which is a pretty decent hitter, and then I can login to admin which is a long ball hitter I can't even approach. You'd need a big hitter like dback to be your friend for a while to recover what was lost. xlolx

gumby013
July 11th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Looks like I'll have to start posting more so I can join in next year.

Sammy94
July 11th, 2013, 12:45 PM
That was easy.

Pard4Life
July 11th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Go to his link to take care of registering and READING the instructions please.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?134293-2013-Poll-Registration-Now-Open

That thread is info. only and comments regarding this can be left on this thread.

Can please elaborate on this "reading" concept?

NoDak 4 Ever
July 11th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Well you might be able to but I have ursus which is a pretty decent hitter, and then I can login to admin which is a long ball hitter I can't even approach. You'd need a big hitter like dback to be your friend for a while to recover what was lost. xlolx

Would you REALLY want to join the ranks of lakes and his crew? The only ones to neg rep me?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Would you REALLY want to join the ranks of lakes and his crew? The only ones to neg rep me?

We all have our reasons!

I don't give neg rep so it was an idle threat in the first place but I did come up with another option.:D

melloware13
July 11th, 2013, 02:27 PM

Southern Bison
July 11th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I hope one day my vote can be argued in front of the SCOTUS!!

BisonBacker
July 11th, 2013, 03:13 PM
We all have our reasons!

I don't give neg rep so it was an idle threat in the first place but I did come up with another option.:D

I was gonna do it just to piss you off! :D

BisonFan02
July 11th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I was gonna do it just to piss you off! :D

Ditto, I want my name in bold with my head beating a wall. :D

dbackjon
July 11th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I volunteer to be the pole inspector.

BisonFan02
July 11th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I volunteer to be the pole inspector.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/aa787d6227a964bd208ed9371c6c5941/tumblr_mhk2rah1lh1s058g9o1_500.png

:D

dewey
July 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Looks like I'll have to start posting more so I can join in next year.

Same goes for me.

Dewey

whoanellie
July 11th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Are the "move up" School's eligible?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Are the "move up" School's eligible?

Any AGS member that meets the minimum requirements is eligible to vote.

As for the three schools that are not eligible for the playoffs I am trying to figure a way to have two polls possibly, the normal AGS Poll which they would not be in and a supplemental poll that they could be included in at individual users discretion...just not sure on this yet.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 11th, 2013, 05:11 PM

As for the three schools that are not eligible for the playoffs I am trying to figure a way to have two polls possibly, the normal AGS Poll which they would not be in and a supplemental poll that they could be included in at individual users discretion...just not sure on this yet.

If any member embodies meeting the minimum requirements, it's yours truly.

MSUBobcat
July 11th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Poll masters must not have liked my submissions last year. My username wasn't on the list xconfusedx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Poll masters must not have liked my submissions last year. My username wasn't on the list xconfusedx

Ah, I could have messed up. I'll go check it again but I may have copied a previous list by accident, I'll check.

BEAR
July 11th, 2013, 07:04 PM
UCABEAR is in after 7 years of intense research. xlolx

MSUBobcat
July 11th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Ah, I could have messed up. I'll go check it again but I may have copied a previous list by accident, I'll check.

Well I clicked to register already so if I was actually supposed to be on it, I'll be doubled up. Might be looking at my first neg rep. xsmhx

Tribal
July 11th, 2013, 07:31 PM

Not sure what a GA State syllabus has to do with this but I do appreciate your contribution.

TheRevSFA
July 11th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I don't even need to look. I know I'm on the list.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Well I clicked to register already so if I was actually supposed to be on it, I'll be doubled up. Might be looking at my first neg rep. xsmhx

That wouldn't be you not reading and following directions, that would be my fault so you are safe.

I hope everyone knows I was kidding about that.

Twentysix
July 12th, 2013, 01:35 AM
look forward to the poll. Hopefully I catch the preseason poll. I am still on the massive western US roadtrip, and will be for more than the remainder of july. Atm I am in Napa taking in wine country.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2013, 01:47 PM
813Jag, ElonFireFighter, are our two newest members in the knucklehead category. xlolx

I give up.xconfusedx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2013, 01:48 PM
No offense to Knucklehead btw.

knucklehead
July 12th, 2013, 01:56 PM
No offense to Knucklehead btw.

Haha, nice. None taken. Maybe I should have chosen my username more carefully!

813Jag
July 12th, 2013, 02:27 PM
813Jag, ElonFireFighter, are our two newest members in the knucklehead category. xlolx

I give up.xconfusedx
xdohx

BluBengal07
July 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM
ok, i'm legal now.

Lehigh'98
July 12th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Says thanks for registering for 2012 poll. I think that maybe finalized already

813Jag
July 12th, 2013, 03:17 PM
looks like you'll be added to the banging head list xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2013, 06:41 PM

Oh yeah, thanks, I forgot to change that message. I'm not saying I'm not a knucklehead either!

Lehigh'98
July 12th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Oh yeah, thanks, I forgot to change that message. I'm not saying I'm not a knucklehead either!

U da man!!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2013, 07:21 PM
U da man!!

No, you da man.

I just resent your email confirm so that it is correct for you. xlolx

If it's still messed up let me know.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2013, 07:29 PM
BTW, fairly impressive group registering so far. We might break 250 registered voters by the time this all done.

Pretty decent representation from all conferences and of the 4 top conferences it looks like the BSC is still lagging a bit behind the other 3 so if you are a BSC AGS'er and haven't registered you might want to make yourself available in the pool.

ngineer
July 15th, 2013, 10:23 PM
To heck with registrating, I think we have a few who need to be certified!! (;-)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Just a bump to let everyone know that registration closes Monday morning at 10A Eastern. If you are not in by then you are SOL for 2013 season.xthumbsupx

Engineer86
July 20th, 2013, 07:45 AM

Just a thought. If you want to have two polls, I would think that the only way to ensure consistent consideration and have both polls fair is have everyone include the move up schools on their ballot. Then one poll includes the votes for the move up schools and the other excludes them.

If you leave it to voter discretion to create the poll including the move-ups, the only to get a consistent vote is if you know which voters intentionally left out the move-ups and which just did not vote for them because they don't think they are worthy of a vote. I guess that might be obvious, but with the former approach, you get a larger number of voters in both polls.

Ivytalk
July 20th, 2013, 01:29 PM
This reminds me of a mock standardized test that I took in 6th grade or so. It was a long test that had a lot of questions. It started with a paragraph- long set of directions that you were told to read thoroughly before starting. The last direction was to skip all the questions, go to the end, and sign your name. I was one of the 95% of the class that screwed up!xlolxxrulesxxoopsx:o

ursus arctos horribilis
July 20th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Just a thought. If you want to have two polls, I would think that the only way to ensure consistent consideration and have both polls fair is have everyone include the move up schools on their ballot. Then one poll includes the votes for the move up schools and the other excludes them.

If you leave it to voter discretion to create the poll including the move-ups, the only to get a consistent vote is if you know which voters intentionally left out the move-ups and which just did not vote for them because they don't think they are worthy of a vote. I guess that might be obvious, but with the former approach, you get a larger number of voters in both polls.

Yes, been thinking about the best way to do that and not even sure if it will be done or not yet. It will not be done for the initial preseason poll however but would be implemented for the regular season vote if it is. Thanks for the input E86, I appreciate it!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 22nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
This registration closes at 10p Eastern tonight just to let any of you stragglers know.

Last warning, last chance.

ElCid
July 22nd, 2013, 06:18 PM

I say forget them. And what if one or two or all of them have a drop off season?xlolx Point would be moot in that case. I don't think they actually will, but you never know how it will play emotionally for them once reality sets in.