PDA

View Full Version : Central Conn. St. @ Georgia Southern

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Underway ... (CCSU wins coin toss, defers)

GSU receives opening kickoff.

Fumble on 1st drive. CCSU has ball on GSU 24.

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 06:12 PM
GO CCSU!!!

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 06:16 PM
9:12 1Q

CCSU 3 - GSU 0

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Go get 'em!!!

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 06:21 PM
INT!

CCSU 1st and 10 on the GSU 31.

unknown-swac
September 9th, 2006, 06:22 PM
The game is on CSS

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 06:23 PM
What is CSS?

AND KEEP IT COMIN' CCSU.....

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 06:25 PM
What is CSS?

AND KEEP IT COMIN' CCSU.....

Its a Comcast cable-only network available only in the South.

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 06:27 PM
CCSU turnover on downs. (stupid play on 4th down)

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 06:27 PM
what was the stupid play?

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 06:28 PM
what was the stupid play?

Fake FG or something dumb. Radio description was confusing.

unknown-swac
September 9th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Well I have Charter cable and I still have it...I think its a regional channel though

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 06:33 PM
GSU misses 27 yrd FG! (very wide left)

CCSU still up 3-0.

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Well I have Charter cable and I still have it...I think its a regional channel though

yeah you're probably, all I know is you can't get it on satelite.

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Ace...halftime at Albany...get me the link for the CCSU feed please!

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Ace...halftime at Albany...get me the link for the CCSU feed please!

CCSU feed

http://ccsubluedevils.cstv.com/multimedia/webbroadcast.html

End of 1Q

CCSU 3 - GSU 0

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks buddy!

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 06:40 PM
NICE...9-0 CCSU....who hoo

unknown-swac
September 9th, 2006, 06:41 PM
GSU down 10-0 ....wow

aceinthehole
CCSU touchdown!!!!!

27 yrd run by QB Norris!

Dane96
TD...Aubry Norris...PAT GOOD!

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 06:46 PM
These CCSU announcers are good!

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 06:55 PM
GSU TD :(

CCSU 10 - GSU 7 (7:12 2Q)

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 06:56 PM
It's ok....keep the strength.

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 06:58 PM
If you want to listen to another game's audio, you can still check out the live stats for this game at http://livestats.enia.net/.

GSUISBACK
September 9th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Slow start but were in control

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Interestingly enough, with all of the talk about GSU's offensive change this season, here are their O stats thus far:

3-6 passing, 24 yards 1 INT
20 rushes, 102 yards

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Great half by CCSU!!!

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 07:23 PM
GSU scores TD (mised PAT) on 51 yd hail mary on last play of half :( I'm going cry

HALFTIME

Central Connecticut - 10
Georgia Southern - 13

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Ugh...painful.

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 07:49 PM
GO GET 'em CCSU...TD!

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 07:49 PM
TD CCSU!

57 yrd pass

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 07:50 PM
CCSU 17
GSU 13

colgate13
September 9th, 2006, 07:51 PM
C'mon CCSU - give the rest of I-AA a wake up call!

Fordham
September 9th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Nice - go CCSU!!!

No offense to GSU fans but I'm sick of having the PL, with my school leading the charge, be the only one's to be taught a lesson that these guys can play.

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Nice - go CCSU!!!

No offense to GSU fans but I'm sick of having the PL, with my school leading the charge, be the only one's to be taught a lesson that these guys can play.

Thanks for the support.

The MEAC has learned a lesson today too.

MONMOUTH 26
Morgan State 9

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 08:20 PM
END of 3Q

Central Connecticut 17
Georgia Southern 13

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Come on Blue Devils

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 08:42 PM
GSU blocks a chip shot FG attempt by CCSU...still 17-13 with 7:37 remaining.

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 08:43 PM
botched FG attempt by CCSU :(

7:37 left to play

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 08:43 PM
ARGHHHHH

colgate13
September 9th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Stay on it Devils!

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 08:48 PM
GSU forced to punt. CCSU takes over at its own 33 with 4:34 to go.

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
WOW....WOW...WOW

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 08:50 PM
First down CCSU!

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 08:51 PM
KEEP IT GOING!!!

kardplayer
September 9th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Stay on it Devils!

Are you rooting for CCSU because they're from the Northeast, or because you want to make last year's loss look better :D

matfu
September 9th, 2006, 08:54 PM
update?

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Not answering for 13, however HE HAS BEEN THE ONLY SUPPORTER...from start to finish, of the NEC teams, particularly Albany, Monmouth, SBU, and CCSU.

He has been calling this for quite sometime.

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 08:57 PM
GSU retakes possession on its own 30 with 1:57 remaining.

First down, incomplete pass.
Second down, 11-yard run, first down GSU

aceinthehole
GSU timeout, none left.

1:30 to go!

matfu
how are you listening to the game...do you have a link for me?

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 08:58 PM
GSU 4th and 1

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 08:58 PM
GSU timeout with 1:30 to go. Eagles have 2nd and 10 on their own 41.

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 08:59 PM
delay of game!

1:06 left - GSU 4th and 6

FUwolfpacker
Wow, GSU spikes it on 3rd and 1, and then gets a delay of game to push it back to 4th and 6?! Man, that's tough.

slostang
What is the score?

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 09:00 PM
turnover on downs!

CCSU ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umass74
September 9th, 2006, 09:00 PM
what is the score?

FUwolfpacker
September 9th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Incomplete pass. That should do it. CCSU beats GSU.

aceinthehole
CCSU 17, GSU 13.

Fordham
17 - 13 CCSU

aceinthehole
CCSU upsets GSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUwolfpacker
Congrats to CCSU. I listened to the whole second half. Way to grind out a tough win.

I feel for GSU though. I really do after all that's happened to them.

ISUMatt
WOW #3!!!

Dane96
SHOCKING THE WORLD...WOW....WOW

Fordham
September 9th, 2006, 09:02 PM
WOW! Congrats CCSU fans!!

Great, great win. Where does this one rank versus Albany's win last week? Same ballpark? Light years ahead.

Nothing special? ... :)

matfu
i would like to know how in the future to listen to the game...could not figure it out tonight

Lehigh Football Nation
What a dope I am. I pick the upset on my blog, and then I reverse it!!!! Ergh!!!!

Congrats to CCSU! The NEC has arrived. No doubt about it anymore.

matfu
wow...who would have thunk it?

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
www.georgiasoutherneagles.com search there

Why did GSU spike the ball on 3rd and 2 with more than a minute to go? That cost them a chance at the first down.

Mountaineer
September 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Tough week for the Eagles.

However, congrats to CCSU! Way to handle business in Statesboro. :)

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 09:04 PM

Great, great win. Where does this one rank versus Albany's win last week? Same ballpark? Light years ahead.

Nothing special? ... :)

The biggest win ever!!!

GSU has 6 National Championships!!!!!

This is huge.

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 09:05 PM
i would like to know how in the future to listen to the game...could not figure it out tonight

CCSU site:

http://ccsubluedevils.cstv.com/multimedia/webbroadcast.html

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I would say, right now, this is the biggest win in NEC history, with Albany over Lehigh and CCSU over Colgate next, followed by Monmouth over Morgan, followed by Albany over then #24 Duquense

colgate13
September 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM
wow...who would have thunk it?

ME. That's who!

I called this upset months ago. I said that GSU would be starting the season at 1-1, with either CCU or CCSU upseting Georgia Southern. Who knows, maybe both will?

CONGRATULATIONS CENTRAL CONNECTICUT!

Anyone care to join me? It's now officially silly to call the NEC a mid-major conference, and, therefore, somethings got to give with the playoffs. :thumbsup:

colgate13
September 9th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Are you rooting for CCSU because they're from the Northeast, or because you want to make last year's loss look better :D

I'm rooting for them, and all of the NEC, because they are trying to do this the right way. Scheduling the top historic program, going to their place and winning... who can't love that? :):rotateh::rotateh::rotateh::rotateh::nod:

bobbythekidd
September 9th, 2006, 09:11 PM
No excuses.
CCSU this was a big win for you congrats.

kardplayer
September 9th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Not answering for 13, however HE HAS BEEN THE ONLY SUPPORTER...from start to finish, of the NEC teams, particularly Albany, Monmouth, SBU, and CCSU.

He has been calling this for quite sometime.

I was just tweaking my PL brother... I've been a big supporter of the NEC getting a bid in the tourny as a I-AA member - I'm just about 7,000 posts behind so no one notices :nod:

Dane96
September 9th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Now if Albany can right the ship and get this frosh QB up to speed...and pull off the unthinkable by beating Delaware...i dont know how wins over GSU and Delaware could be put into perspective (though I dont think it will happen).

Again...CONGRATS TO CCSU!!!

MarkCCU
September 9th, 2006, 09:14 PM
CONGRATS CONN. YOU DESERVE THE WIN!

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I'm rooting for them, and all of the NEC, because they are trying to do this the right way. Scheduling the top historic program, going to their place and winning... who can't love that? :):rotateh::rotateh::rotateh::rotateh::nod:

13 - that's just classy. Thanks.

I for one respect Colgate and GSU a lot. These are the programs we want to be like. Its no shame losing to us.

Calif_Colonial
September 9th, 2006, 09:19 PM
CONGRATS TO THE BLUE DEVILS, AWESOME WIN!

They are not the ones singing those Statesboro Blues !:thumbsup:

DetroitFlyer
September 9th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah, the NEC Champion does not deserve an automatic bid to the playoffs.... NOT!!!!!!!! Great job CCSU!!!!!!! Without a doubt, the biggest win for a "Mid-Major" ever!!!!! Now, guess what I-AA fans, THERE IS NO "MID_MAJOR" there is only I-AA!!!!!

UAalum72
September 9th, 2006, 09:34 PM

No question this is bigger, not only because of GSU's history, but also because it's outside the northeast, against a conference considered part of the elite, I-AA establishment.

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah, the NEC Champion does not deserve an automatic bid to the playoffs.... NOT!!!!!!!! Great job CCSU!!!!!!! Without a doubt, the biggest win for a "Mid-Major" ever!!!!! Now, guess what I-AA fans, THERE IS NO "MID_MAJOR" there is only I-AA!!!!!

Exactly! No doubt some people will still make excuses, but that's 2 years in a row CCSU has gone to into very hostile terriorty to an AQ-conference heavyweight and won!

I fully expect CCSU to be ranked in the I-AA top 25 this week!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Offensively, I have to give you guys credit...you guys have some good ball carriers.

But our offense was completely abysmal. We're going to be in for a long season if we don't improve our catching and throwing real fast.

UAalum72
September 9th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I fully expect CCSU to be ranked in the I-AA top 25 this week!!!
You won't be on Doppke, because he keeps two separate lists.:rolleyes:

Nice to see the props for the NEC, but anybody can see that after the games. Shouldn't SOME of the 'experts' have been able to see it BEFORE the season? Isn't that what an 'expert' is supposed to be able to do?

JohnStOnge
September 9th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Remember guys, assuming the new coach meant what he said with that "There IS no option" quip on his publicity video so that GSU was in a completely different offense, this was not the Georgia Southern of the past.

bobbythekidd
September 9th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Remember guys, assuming the new coach meant what he said with that "There IS no option" quip on his publicity video so that GSU was in a completely different offense, this was not the Georgia Southern of the past.

You got that right! It was a pathetic showing, so much talent and nothing to show for it. Except for Chris Covington.

I say fire the coaches AND AD, and we start over again next fall. No excuse for this, we are Georgia Southern!

DemiGS
September 9th, 2006, 10:27 PM
You got that right! It was a pathetic showing, so much talent and nothing to show for it. Except for Chris Covington.

I say fire the coaches AND AD, and we start over again next fall. No excuse for this, we are Georgia Southern!

Well that might be a bit much at this point :eek:

But I think it's pretty obvious that the radical changes the team has gone through are going to take some time to adjust to. The biggest problem, as I think many predicted, was the O line. Way too many times the defenders where pressuring the QB or running around in the back field. That was expected....I did not expect to see the poor tackling and dropped balls. The receivers may be fast as greased lightning; but that doesn't matter if you didn't catch the ball. I think the team needs to spend this week working on blocking basics, and pitch and catch drills. It's not the end of the world though. This goes to show it's very hard to change an entire offense, defense, and coaching staff and pick back up on championship form.
:twocents:

youwouldno
September 9th, 2006, 10:34 PM
It's a disgrace, period. Yes, GSU is in transition. But GSU has too much talent to lose to CCSU and excuse it because of changes in their offense.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2006, 10:37 PM
CCSU and NEC people:

Please register with the forums at www.tscsports.com and talk some sense into the GSU fans there. They are acting like we lost to a freakin' high school team. We are in for a rough year, but these people are acting like we turned into a lower tier DII school overnight.

GSU Eagle
September 9th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Well, I did not really know what to expect from the Eagles tonight and they certainly disappointed me bigtime, especially offensively. I have grown accustomed to big yardage totals and lots of points. Our offense tonight in this "pro-style" offense was rather pathetic. For those who believed a radical change in offensive style could be enacted in 1 year had a wakeup call tonight. We were frequently in 3rd and 10 or 2 and 13, and right now we just aren't proficient enough in this new offense to make many of those.

Van Gorder will come under a great deal of criticism this week and maybe it is unfair after 1 game, but many GSU fans remember that just last year we were at least a playoff team. After tonight I would say having a winning season might be a stretch.

But the change has been made and we won't go back, so we all may just have to accept that this year may be a tough transitional year. On the positive side I can't see how we could possibly play much worse offensively next week, so there is really only 1 way to go.

Congrats Central Connecticut-- you guys did it. Enjoy this one.

Please tell me next week will be better after losing the Godfather of GSU football yesterday and losing today.

bobbythekidd
September 9th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Well that might be a bit much at this point :eek:

But I think it's pretty obvious that the radical changes the team has gone through are going to take some time to adjust to. The biggest problem, as I think many predicted, was the O line. Way too many times the defenders where pressuring the QB or running around in the back field. That was expected....I did not expect to see the poor tackling and dropped balls. The receivers may be fast as greased lightning; but that doesn't matter if you didn't catch the ball. I think the team needs to spend this week working on blocking basics, and pitch and catch drills. It's not the end of the world though. This goes to show it's very hard to change an entire offense, defense, and coaching staff and pick back up on championship form.
:twocents:

I appriciate you being the voice of reason. I am sure when my blood pressure goes back to its normal level I will not be so quick to shoot everything that moves.
I have never, and I mean NEVER, seen us perform so poorly. So much talent was imported for BVG and we gave him carte blanche to change everything we hold dear. We did this because we beleived that he could bring us continued glory. I do even see the possibilty unless it is done on the other side of the ball. If BVG's defence can score some points in every game we are screwed.
It just seemed like I was watching another team, not my Eagles but any other team, from the bus ride in to fireworks for the victors. I gave it all a chance. I want something back, anything.
Change for the sake of change is not a good idea.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2006, 10:53 PM
On the positive side I can't see how we could possibly play much worse offensively next week, so there is really only 1 way to go.

Our rushing game could have gotten stuffed. We outrushed CCS and Covington had to have had at least 200 yards.

The Cats
September 9th, 2006, 10:56 PM

you guys turn on your own real quick. And GSU deserves all the smack they will get.

dungeonjoe
September 9th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I am not one to make excuses, but I wonder how much the team was really in this game tonight after Russell's death this week. Sometimes other things dominate the play on the field.

JMG1MON
September 9th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Great job tonight!!!! Keep it up. Let's keep this thing going. Albany next week (hey, we can dream right) and then MU over Colgate on the 23rd. Great win CCSU.

ngineer
September 9th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Wow. I come rollling in tonight from Villanova feeling all warm and fuzzy--well, the Yuengling is helping; and see some of these scores. Guess the NEC's 'huge' win over Lehigh last week has just gotten some more "perspective".;)
It's why the game is played and the polls be damned. Congrats CCSU for great victory. And to my GSU bretheran: your team had a rough week. You got 10 more to go than can be good. PLenty of time to right the ship. The test of your team was not tonight. But next week. Upset losses are quite common in the season's infancy. What matters is what you're doing come October and November.:nod:

ChiefGSU275
September 9th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I was there tonight, and we looked PFP...Piss F'n Poor. GSU may suffer its second losing season ever this year, and its third next year, and so on as long as that mediocre offensive CRAP is out there on the field. I expect more from GSU, and that was ridiculous.

Sorry, need to vent a little.

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Great job tonight!!!! Keep it up. Let's keep this thing going. Albany next week (hey, we can dream right) and then MU over Colgate on the 23rd. Great win CCSU.

Monmouth also recorded a quality win for the NEC tonight over another AQ-confererence, 26-9 over Morgan State of the MEAC

The Hawks are 2-0 with wins over a PL (Fordham) and a MEAC team!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Next week Albany travels down to Newark to take on the Hens. Should be an interesting game. I'll deffinately be keeping an eye on that one.

ronpayne
September 10th, 2006, 12:03 AM
you guys turn on your own real quick. And GSU deserves all the smack they will get.

As far as that goes, you are right! You bring in a guy, he changes things (hopefully for the better) and big suprise - it didn't fix everything right away. CCSU played well! But if you guys don't have more faith in your coach, and more support for his team, then you won't have any success soon....

Constant internal bickering affects the team, and if NOBODY gives BVG a chance, then he might as well move on to a team with realistic expectations - give him time (as in a couple of years) to build HIS system, and I'm sure GSU will return to giving ASU a heck of a time in short notice!

Speaking of, go Apps for beating JMU. I'm still a little worried about our offense, our numbers weren't great tonight, but we did what we needed to do, and when all is said and done, it is a "W" and that's what we went for. HUGE (jk) game next week vs. Elon, should be an easier one, though that doesn't mean I wouldn't practice like it was the super bowl, because if you turn your back and take it for granted, it will be taken away.

Hopefully what I said made sense.:twocents: .. just my honest opinion.

Go Apps!

Seven Would Be Nice
September 10th, 2006, 02:02 AM
honestly ya'll i would have loved to seen us win gsu style with a nice 49-10 victory tonight, but i knew that wasnt going to happen. you cant expect a coach to come in and change everything and be amazing within a few months.. we(gsu student body) need to quit our bitchin and be more realistic about the whole thing and give BVG a chance... they arent payin him 400K a year for nothing..

there is a lot of recruiting that still has to be done to build up this new style of offense. guys were playing new positions tonight that they had never played. our O-line is built for run blocking, not for creating a pocket for the QB, thats going to take years of recruting and coaching before we see any major changes.

i hate to admit it, but we are in for it this year. i hope we atleast have a winning season... this should improve by october/november, i just hope its not to late.

swaghook
September 10th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Here's hoping to major improvements in GSU football. When NDSU plays you guys I want to see a GSU that can compete. I've been waiting for this match up and it will suck if GSU does not live up to expectations.: smh :

swaghook
September 10th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Here's hoping to major improvements in GSU football. When NDSU plays you guys I want to see a GSU that can compete. I've been waiting for this match up and it will suck if GSU does not live up to expectations.: smh :

darussian12
September 10th, 2006, 04:42 AM
sorry we have been lucky Bailiff has done well here with recruiting classes that are not his as now only the second year at best of the ones he has recruited...any GSU fans expecting some magic bad ass season in any coaches season are dillusional just like our fans that expect we would knock the **** out of UK this game....give the guy 3 years then call for his head till then if he improves each year good for him...GSU though you better get your **** straight just as we better....cause there would be nothing better in my mind then playing GSU v. TX State this Nov/Dec...then again we both need to get there and right now for us we have to win the SLC auto bid...im not sure how GSU's conf works but I assume there is an auto bid so they prob are still in good shape....good luck

rokamortis
September 10th, 2006, 06:05 AM
...any GSU fans expecting some magic bad ass season in any coaches season are dillusional

But remember that this is a team that fired their old coach with a great record, just didn't get them to the big game. The are a program with very high expectations.

JohnStOnge
September 10th, 2006, 07:30 AM
you cant expect a coach to come in and change everything and be amazing within a few months.. we(gsu student body) need to quit our bitchin and be more realistic about the whole thing and give BVG a chance... they arent payin him 400K a year for nothing...

I agree. On one hand, in no way do I think GSU would've been held to 13 points and 324 total yards last night if it had stuck with last year's coaching staff and its traditional offense. On the other hand, I think it would be unfair to say last night proves radically changing things will prove to be a mistake in the long term. Most of GSU's players were recruited with an eye towards and option style and they also have had to learn something completely new instead of enjoying the benefit of continuity.

I personally do believe that, in the long run, what GSU did last year by ditching the system that's been so good to it (and which obviously still worked) will be confirmed as a huge mistake. But last night doesn't prove me right.

bobbythekidd
September 10th, 2006, 08:31 AM
But remember that this is a team that fired their old coach with a great record, just didn't get them to the big game. The are a program with very high expectations.

I have let my blood pressure drop and received 6 hours of sleep. I am still not happy. Players were recruted to suit BVG needs. He knew what we expected. It was made abundanly clear when he was hired. He knew! The snake salesman sold us that change was the only way we could continue to compete. BS!
He claimed to have everything in place. He bragged about the skills and play of the O line. I did not see it last night.
BVG knew what we fans expected when he was hired. No other coach is given a year or two tomake things work down here. I do not beleive it is time to allow for mediocracy. That is not the way we play football. We win, with the exception of one season we always have a winning season. Why stop now? Why allow the program to be average? Other coaches have found a way for us to be winners with less. This SOB has every tool he has asked for and he builds this crap. Not here. He can go back to the NFL and be average. It won't be tollorated here. He and his staff combined have never had a great season. I do not expect it to change now.
To the players and excpecially the Seniors. I feel for you to have to wither on the vine of a great legacy that is GSU Football. It will get better. It has to. You still have my unwaivering support. I love the student-athelets. GOOOOOO Blue! One more time.:hurray:

ChickenMan
September 10th, 2006, 08:49 AM
It is tough when a new coach comes in and completely changes a proven winning offensive system. When UD switched from it's traditional Wing-T to the new spread, a lot of longtime Hen fans were very upset. Like GSU, UD was forced to bring in a number of transfers in KC's first year and the Hens were far from a polished offense squad, as they ended up just 6-6. Of course it did help that KC's first game was a win over a defending I-AA champion, as opposed to an upset loss. But I have no doubt that UD was far more emotionally ready to play GSU in that '02 opener than GSU was interested in playing CCST last night. I know that the road looks pretty rocky right now, but that doesn't mean that it won't smooth out, maybe faster then you think.

bobbythekidd
September 10th, 2006, 08:56 AM
I hope so, Chickenman, I really do hope so.

JohnStOnge
September 10th, 2006, 09:09 AM
The snake salesman sold us that change was the only way we could continue to compete. BS! :

For some reason, people have been saying for 20 years that option football will no longer work. Yet it's worked the whole time for people who committed to it and had the players to do it. I remember hearing in 1995 how Florida was going to beat Nebraska in the "national championship" game because speed on defense stops the option, blah blah blah.

I don't think it's true. I don't think it's ever been true. I think the option negates much of the benefit of speed on defense by forceing players to remain disciplined.

Last night Air Force put up 396 yards and 30 points on Tennessee running the option in spite of the fact that they were at a tremendous disadvantage in terms of talent level. Does anybody doubt that Tennessee has speed on defense?

It just amazes me that people continue to spout that kind of nonsense when it's obvious that it isn't true.

OL FU
September 10th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Colgate 13, you called this one a long time ago.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

aceinthehole
September 10th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the many congrats from this board, I still excited this morning :)

GSUfans- Don't worry GSU will rebound, but let's remember a few other things, that is required for CCSU to win. It wasn't easy.

This was just the 2nd game for new CCSU coach McInerey. This is also the 3rd coach at Central in 5 years. He had been a long time assistant (@ 14) schools and some URI fans said he'd suck as a coach. So much for that.

The vaunted I-A transfer QB from GSU froze last night. Too many mistakes. CCSU played a good portion of the 4thQ with a JC transfer at QB, because our starter had leg cramps. Our execution was great - it had to be.

CCSU came to a very hostile and difficult place to play. Over 20,000 screaming GSU fans. Emotial day for GSU family, but expectations were very high. But the GSU players had too many penaltys - too many mistakes that cost the game. That is not exactly a coaching issue, but a player one.

GSU had 3 turnovers. CCSU forced 2 fumbles and the INT. Give credit to our Defense. On the other side CCSU protected the ball and the game as a smart team would do.

Certainly GSU had a new offense, but what about their D? CCSU rushed for almost as many yards as GSU. The Central O stats were very respectable.

It was a well earned victory and I have no doubt (and hope) you rebound vs. Coastal. CCSU fans will be rooting for you all year long.

Saint3333
September 10th, 2006, 09:33 AM
I wish ASU played GSU next week and not in late October. GSU will turn it around.

bobbythekidd
September 10th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Aceinthehole,
I want to be clear here. CCSU played a hell of a game. I take nothing away from your victory. You deserve the win.
My criticism lies entirely on our performance. We are used to having 50-80 yards in penalties (mostly holding). We are accustomed to have teams get ample yardage on us. D has always been a weakness, we stack all the talent on the O. Fumbles are commonplace. When we pitch the ball on every down you expect to drop some and not pick them up b/c you are running at speed. Nothing here is new.
What we are not used to is not having 40 points on the board to compensate for all the short comings. I would have expecteed even more last night. (Nothing againts your guys.) Anyone not in the top 25 or so who has played us will agree.

Laserlips
September 10th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the many congrats from this board, I still excited this morning :)

GSUfans- Don't worry GSU will rebound, but let's remember a few other things, that is required for CCSU to win. It wasn't easy.

This was just the 2nd game for new CCSU coach McInerey. This is also the 3rd coach at Central in 5 years. He had been a long time assistant (@ 14) schools and some URI fans said he'd suck as a coach. So much for that.

The vaunted I-A transfer QB from GSU froze last night. Too many mistakes. CCSU played a good portion of the 4thQ with a JC transfer at QB, because our starter had leg cramps. Our execution was great - it had to be.

CCSU came to a very hostile and difficult place to play. Over 20,000 screaming GSU fans. Emotial day for GSU family, but expectations were very high. But the GSU players had too many penaltys - too many mistakes that cost the game. That is not exactly a coaching issue, but a player one.

GSU had 3 turnovers. CCSU forced 2 fumbles and the INT. Give credit to our Defense. On the other side CCSU protected the ball and the game as a smart team would do.

Certainly GSU had a new offense, but what about their D? CCSU rushed for almost as many yards as GSU. The Central O stats were very respectable.

It was a well earned victory and I have no doubt (and hope) you rebound vs. Coastal. CCSU fans will be rooting for you all year long.

aceinthehole:

My wife and I were in the stands last night. CCSU simply outplayed our Eagles. Period..

I don't predict all "gloom and doom" for our Eagles this season, but I will say that anybody who wants a win in Paulson this is your season of opportunity..

I didn't see one or two minor weakness's that can be correctly in practice this week. I saw confusion, I saw weakness in many areas. If it wasn't for our single running back and that lucky "hail Mary" TD we would really have been taken to the woodshed by CCSU.

I think what shocked my wife and I the most was how boring watching a conventional offense was after years of watching the triple option... Of course if we had been on the winning side of the score my perspective might have been a bit different.

Contratulations on the win.. We wish you continued success, and if we had to lose in such a manner, at least it was to a team coached by one of our own ex-GSU Coaches who I believe has a GSU Championship ring of his very own..

For anybody who thinks the CCSU win was a fluke, or tries to make an excuse as to why CCSU won and we lost I can tell ya right now we just got whipped. CCSU came to play with heart, and our Eagles just didn't get the job done. Fair enough?

Hopefully as the year progresses our GSU Eagles will steadily improve. After last nights circle jerk I don't think it could get any worse.

I want my triple option back!

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

P.S. Nice fireworks display you guys brought with you!

bobbythekidd
September 10th, 2006, 09:54 AM
This is post 29. I have been on here for years. Likewise, I still have 0 posts on TSCSports.com, even though I read it 3 times a day and have not missed a word posted in years. I guess that should tell me somthing, I just don't know what it tells me.

bobbythekidd
September 10th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Contratulations on the win.. We wish you continued success, and if we had to lose in such a manner, at least it was to a team coached by one of our own ex-GSU Coaches who I believe has a GSU Championship ring of his very own..

After last nights circle jerk I don't think it could get any worse.

I want my triple option back!

Preach on brother, preach on!

aceinthehole
September 10th, 2006, 10:03 AM
OK GSU fans - I hear what you're saying.

Glad your view of CCSU was strong.

On your end, I think it will take time, but you will be back. On the bright side your RB was a monster! He had a great game.

The triple option is a great O and I understand why you all miss it. It is fun to watch. I belive "defense wins championships," but you have been playing a different style with much sucsess, so I understand your view.

Hoping you put it togeather vs. Coastal - CCSU and our staff has a lot of respect for your program and it was an honor to come down there and play. That is an environment and atmosphere we have never seen before. I've been told the Southern Hospitality was great all around. Coach Mac and our staff (announcers, et al) had nothing but great things to say about GSU.

GaSouthern
September 10th, 2006, 10:27 AM
CCSU controlled the ball and played with out mistakes... I think they only had one penalty.

GSU had a horrible offense, and an OK defense with lots of mistakes, HORRIBLE kicking game and at the end of the game there was bad play calling / clock management. It looked like to me we were trying to run UGA ball but our line was getting blown up on both sides, mostly on offense.

CCSU should have beaten us by more, we only scored one legit TD the other was a flutie type bomb to the endzone that we just some how, some way, caught.

Jaxhen
September 10th, 2006, 10:34 AM
It is tough when a new coach comes in and completely changes a proven winning offensive system. When UD switched from it's traditional Wing-T to the new spread, a lot of longtime Hen fans were very upset. Like GSU, UD was forced to bring in a number of transfers in KC's first year and the Hens were far from a polished offense squad, as they ended up just 6-6. Of course it did help that KC's first game was a win over a defending I-AA champion, as opposed to an upset loss. But I have no doubt that UD was far more emotionally ready to play GSU in that '02 opener than GSU was interested in playing CCST last night. I know that the road looks pretty rocky right now, but that doesn't mean that it won't smooth out, maybe faster then you think.

Well said ChickenMan and remember what happened to the Hens the following year. This should give GSU fans a lot of hope for the future.

OL FU
September 10th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Well said ChickenMan and remember what happened to the Hens the following year. This should give GSU fans a lot of hope for the future.

I think a lot of fans and alot of GSU fans realized before the season started that they were possibly sacrificing this season for the future. Does not mean that it is easy to live with while it is going on.

and there is still a long way to go this year.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 10th, 2006, 11:14 AM
CCSU controlled the ball and played with out mistakes... I think they only had one penalty.

I disagree with that. Two of their series were ended with missed pitches. When you are an option team, it's a bad day if that happens even once.

elkmcc
September 10th, 2006, 11:17 AM
With the tragedy that has befallen GSU this past summer, the Eagles have an excuse for dropping a game to a DII team. Not so true of UNI or Montana State. They just stunk it up. It happens (see NDSU/UM '03). Lets get over it and on with things that matter.

OL FU
September 10th, 2006, 11:20 AM
With the tragedy that has befallen GSU this past summer, the Eagles have an excuse for dropping a game to a DII team. Not so true of UNI or Montana State. They just stunk it up. It happens (see NDSU/UM '03). Lets get over it and on with things that matter.

I see the sparks fly

dbackjon
September 10th, 2006, 01:13 PM

Uh - CCSU is a Division I-AA team.....:nono:

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Uh - CCSU is a Division I-AA team.....:nono:

I think we should have sticky that lists all 1-A, 1-AA and D2 schools by conference affiliations. People on here are always confusing who and where these schools are. I had never heard of Chadron(Sp??) State until yesterday and i'm sure i'm not the only one that learns about a new school each week.

Go...gate
September 10th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Greatest win in CCSU history. Congratulations to CCSU and the NEC. You guys have arrived in a big hurry!!!! :hurray:

Sam Adams
September 10th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Big Congrats to the CCSU blue devils a very decent D1AA program that demonstrated its ability very clearly on the road in statesboro. The Blue Devils simply came in, kicked ass and took names. The eagles were left flatfooted and grasping for excuses for their misrerable performance. Way to go Devils! :smiley_wi

Tim James
September 10th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Hopefully with this win the CCSU president and AD will want to get the program up to full scholly 1-AA as soon as possible. They need to join Albany and Stony Brook and follow them and leave the NEC and MAAC behind. This win proves that and the powers that be need to realize it.

straightshooter
September 10th, 2006, 05:52 PM
This just in from the 'boro...Eagles in full pads on the practice field right after Erk's Memorial service. Looks like VanGorder is going to get someone's attention.

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Hopefully with this win the CCSU president and AD will want to get the program up to full scholly 1-AA as soon as possible. They need to join Albany and Stony Brook and follow them and leave the NEC and MAAC behind. This win proves that and the powers that be need to realize it.

It certainly seems to an outsider such as myself that Albany, CCSU, and SBU (who already is leaving the NEC) have a different agenda then some of the others in the conference.

ngineer
September 10th, 2006, 07:01 PM
It certainly seems to an outsider such as myself that Albany, CCSU, and SBU (who already is leaving the NEC) have a different agenda then some of the others in the conference.

Oh yes...I already hear the rustling of paper as a new football conference evolves out of the 'former A-10, to be Colonial' and these 'growing boys' of the NEC within the next 2-3 years.:cool:

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Oh yes...I already hear the rustling of paper as a new football conference evolves out of the 'former A-10, to be Colonial' and these 'growing boys' of the NEC within the next 2-3 years.:cool:

Yes and I was told that there would be an announcement in June, which never happenned. I wonder if the CAA would be aggressive enough to look at putting together a Super Conference.

North

1. Albany
2. CCSU
3. Maine
4. UNH
5. Umass
6. Northeastern
7. Stony Brook
8. Rhode Island

South

1. Delaware
2. James Madison
3. Towson
4. William and Mary
5. Richmond
6. Villanova
7. Hofstra
8. Old Dominion

There could be a seven game conference schedule with a championship game at the end of the year. Division teams would play each other for 7 games with the option of scheduling non-division teams as non-cons or scheduling PL's or Ivies.

ngineer
September 10th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Yes and I was told that there would be an announcement in June, which never happenned. I wonder if the CAA would be aggressive enough to look at putting together a Super Conference.

North

1. Albany
2. CCSU
3. Maine
4. UNH
5. Umass
6. Northeastern
7. Stony Brook
8. Rhode Island

South

1. Delaware
2. James Madison
3. Towson
4. William and Mary
5. Richmond
6. Villanova
7. Hofstra
8. Old Dominion

There could be a seven game conference schedule with a championship game at the end of the year. Division teams would play each other for 7 games with the option of scheduling non-division teams as non-cons or scheduling PL's or Ivies.

In the immortal words of Arte Johnson, "Veeery interestinck...." Obviously a lot of ground work to be done, but something like that seems doable.

ASU Kep
September 10th, 2006, 07:34 PM
This just in from the 'boro...Eagles in full pads on the practice field right after Erk's Memorial service. Looks like VanGorder is going to get someone's attention.

I am very glad that I'm not on the GSU football team right now. : smash : :spank: :asswhip:

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 07:50 PM
In the immortal words of Arte Johnson, "Veeery interestinck...." Obviously a lot of ground work to be done, but something like that seems doable.

The New CAA administration appears to be very aggressive and proactive. If they look at football as the prime product then this is doable. The Problem with both the America East and the CAA is that they were both founded as Basketball Conferences. The only reason UD, Hofstra, and NU went to the CAA was because America East refused to take over the football administration of the Old Yankee Conference. Had that happenned the current A-10 teams would all be labeled America East. If the CAA wants to be extremely aggressive in branding their Football and overall product (Yes we'll take advantage of the occasional Final 4 BBall team.) Then this would be the way to go.

UAalum72
September 10th, 2006, 08:29 PM
How many automatic bids would such a superconference get? One for each division, or only one, for the championship game winner?

MR. CHICKEN
September 10th, 2006, 08:36 PM

North

1. Albany
2. CCSU
3. Maine
4. UNH
5. Umass
6. Northeastern
7. Stony Brook
8. Rhode Island

South

1. Delaware
2. James Madison
3. Towson
4. William and Mary
5. Richmond
6. Villanova
7. Hofstra
8. Old Dominion

LET US......BUILD DUH SUPERAH CONFERENCES........FROM ALL OVERAH DUH LAND.........DEN WE WOULDN'T NEED TA EXPAND DUH....PLAY-OFF FIELD........NOW...WOULD WE?...............:twocents:.........AWK!

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 09:00 PM
How many automatic bids would such a superconference get? One for each division, or only one, for the championship game winner?

DA*N You UAalum!!! You can't get past this AQ thing!!!! It's probably safe to say that either division winner would get a playoff invite even if there was no AQ for division winners.

I don't think this conference should be put together for the purposes of either increasing or decreasing the playoff field or the AQ's. My reasoning is simple. The biggest hazard to promotion of football in the A-10/ CAA and the America East has been that they are first and foremost basketball conferences with basketball schools wishing to squash football promotion as it demotes basketball in their view. So far in the CAA the football promoters appear to be winning. In the AE I see a serious push for football but I don't see that it is prevailing against the Bball schools.

After reading the conference Message boards I see a huge divide in both conferences between the basketball schools and the football schools. I think banding the serious football schools together into one conference willl increase football support for marketing, TV rights, Media Exposure and perceived competitiveness (This conference would include every major media market in the East outside of Atlanta)

In all honesty the schools who consider Bball their main sport should be in the same conference. The Bball guys are in total denial that football is the #1 College Sport.
Let Drexel, Vermont, BU and VCU have their own conference and pretend football doesn' exist. xlolx xlolx

Schools that have football as their focus can build this into other sports. This has happenned with Delaware and Hofstra. It is much easier to get fans interested in going to any competition with a school they have heard of as opposed to one they have never heard of. Football gets the name out better than any other sport.

September 10th, 2006, 09:54 PM
... I wonder if the CAA would be aggressive enough to look at putting together a Super Conference. ... There could be a seven game conference schedule with a championship game at the end of the year. Division teams would play each other for 7 games with the option of scheduling non-division teams as non-cons or scheduling PL's or Ivies.Gawd no. Please, no. Conferences should not have rotating schedules. They should have all teams play each other so that a true conf champ emerges. Otherwise you have questions. 8-9 teams max.

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Gawd no. Please, no. Conferences should not have rotating schedules. They should have all teams play each other so that a true conf champ emerges. Otherwise you have questions. 8-9 teams max.

Didn't say that Ralph. Each Division opponent plays each other. Only Division games would count to a Division Championship. An overall champion is determined by the playoff of the 2 Divisions. In an 11 game schedule this would allow 4 OOC games. This would allow Hofstra a Southern Division team to Schedule StonyBrook and Albany as OOC games if they wished. Delaware could also schedule Hofstra or Northeastern who are also CAA teams in all other sports as a means of promoting overall rivalries.

September 10th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Didn't say that Ralph. Each Division opponent plays each other...Didn't say that bkeys. I said no to conferences where all the teams did not play each other to determine a champ. The CAA will be too big, the A-10 is too big, etc. You can't have, IMO, a true conf champ if the teams don't all play each other. The A-10 should have split after this season.

THIS IS OFF-TOPIC

September 10th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Why has this thread turned into an A-10 thread??? Ask yourself.

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Why has this thread turned into an A-10 thread??? Ask yourself.

An A-10 thread which inludes CCSU, Albany, and SBU???xidiotx xidiotx

It turned into a non NEC thread because in my view certain NEC teams have aspirations above and beyond what the current NEC profile is. Two of these schools fit the CAA profile which is a publicly supported education institution of around 10,000 undergrads in the North East / Mid Atlantic area. Maybe you need to reread the posts from #130 on and you will see how we veered off topic. If we need to make this another thread to satisfy you I am more than willing to do so. Just tell me the title that satisfies your need to be so pure and I will repost my comments. By the way, I hope to see your purity extended to a whole host of other threads.

I am looking to the future and not the past. The A-10 is the past and my posts obviously referred to a future CAA not a failed A-10. Just what is your gripe????? Other than referencing the failure of the A-10 to do right by it's football members that is my sole reference to the failed A-10 administration.

Do you want a separate thread???? Just say so. I digressed with the help of ngineer who thought my ideas were "very interesting". You are certainly entitled to express your objections to the idea but my view is that this is one way to deal with the aspirations of the formerly Mid Major teams of the NEC.

Another means is a new conference, so far, despite some specific predictions I have received, these are not materializing. I have offered my best other option. I'm sorry if it doesn't meet with your approval although I think it offers benefits for all schools involved.

As for your objection that every conference should have all teams playing one another to determine a champion, well that has been violated for years in the A-10!!!!!

You choose now to complain about it?????????!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

Have you got a personal problem with me?????

The A-10 issue regarding not everyone playing everyone else has been going on for years yet you have never raised it.

The moderators of this board can move posts anywhere.

I will be the first to admit that we have not been talking strictly about the CCSU - GSU game and I can also show you numersous other threads that have digressed without your criticism. If you want some of my other reasons for a conference lineup I have mentiioned feel free to PM me or comment.

September 11th, 2006, 01:05 AM
... I wonder if the CAA would be aggressive enough to look at putting together a Super Conference...
An A-10 thread which inludes CCSU, Albany, and SBU???xidiotx xidiotx It turned into a non NEC thread because in my view... The A-10 is the past... Exactly.
... As for your objection that every conference should have all teams playing one another to determine a champion, well that has been violated for years in the A-10!!!!!How many years has that been violated in the A-10? Don't get a persecution complex now. I have always stated my preference for a split conference from the A-10. It just makes sense. The A-10 is NOW, the CAA is FUTURE for football.:nod: :nono: :read:

THIS IS OFF TOPIC and I'm sorry for contributing this drivel to the CCSU @ Georgia Southern thread. I'll show some self-control and respect by stopping now. Yeah, bkeys, you should start a thread with stuff that has nothing to do with this thread. Think of people who in the future might be searching for info. Would they look in this thread to see your insightful info that has nothing to do with this thread? No. They would find it easily if you started a thread with a name that was more descriptive of your content...

aceinthehole
September 11th, 2006, 08:51 AM

North

1. Albany
2. CCSU
3. Maine
4. UNH
5. Umass
6. Northeastern
7. Stony Brook
8. Rhode Island

South

1. Delaware
2. James Madison
3. Towson
4. William and Mary
5. Richmond
6. Villanova
7. Hofstra
8. Old Dominion

Isn't this the AE football rumor that has been discussed before?

I have no problem with it as long as CCSU was offered full memebership to the AE, not just a FB-only member. In fact, I fully support the idea from CCSU view!

Personally, we could be looking at this in 4 more years or so. I also can't see the CAA wanting to be a mega-conference, but that just my opinion.

Fordham
September 11th, 2006, 09:08 AM
ace, as the dominant school within your system you guys should change your name to Conn. St. and remove the "Central".

Dane96
September 11th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Isn't this the AE football rumor that has been discussed before?

I have no problem with it as long as CCSU was offered full memebership to the AE, not just a FB-only member. In fact, I fully support the idea from CCSU view!

Personally, we could be looking at this in 4 more years or so. I also can't see the CAA wanting to be a mega-conference, but that just my opinion.

Am I misunderstanding something or was the first quote supposed to be an ALL-SPORT conference, which as Ace points out, has been discussed ad nauseum.

This super conference would be fantastic in MANY SPORTS!

VAGSU
September 11th, 2006, 10:00 AM
First of all congratulations to CCSU on a game well won.

I am in VA and have a hard time keeping up with GSU but have been following the program since Erk moved his tailer in behind the gym. GSU has a Championship tradition which fires coaches for winning seasons that get GSU into championships. Our option has served us well but 1-AA has changed and we need to change to continue the hunt for Championships.

Look at who won the last few years and the formula is pretty evident (not a dig at those programs). Strong QB's moving from 1-A programs has raised the bar on the talent level of players at 1-AA. I don't see this trend slowing down in the future. I think the trend will increase at other positions as more 1-A players see take the option of playing at strong 1-AA programs after not making first string at a 1-A program.

The option will still be exciting and win us games but I don't think it will consistently win Championships. This will be a hard year but I hope not a painful year. The change will be difficult but not changing when other programs are moving forward would only prolong the agony.

I for one will take the jabs (living in A-10 country with Richmond, W&M, JMU in your backyard is not easy when GSU is not winning) and give the coach and the program a chance before I throw him under the wheels on one loss.

soulraptor
September 11th, 2006, 02:14 PM
:
I disagree with that. Two of their series were ended with missed pitches. When you are an option team, it's a bad day if that happens even once.

:eyebrow: How can you disagree? We got our glutes handed to us because we had mistakes in just about every series. In years past, GSU hasn't always played mistake free ball, but they still won. That is never going to happen with three turnovers, and a multitude of failed plays. It was obvious that we had major problems, when CCSU lined up to punt the ball, and there were only like two GSU players on the line of scrimmage. Fortunately, someone managed to call a time out in all the confusion. GSU is lucky to have lost by four. In my opinion, it could have been much worse. CCSU did exactly what they had to do to win that game. They were the better team, and managed to execute their game plan effectively, and with very little in the way of errors.
There is no excuse. Congratulations CCSU.:beerchug:

Mr. C
September 11th, 2006, 02:18 PM
The Russell/Johnson spread option had the capacity to score on every play, if executed correctly. That could make up for those mistakes. The dump and dunk, controlled passing game is designed to keep your team close. I'd prefer the score and make people beat you with their offense way of playing. It worked quite well for 25 years.

JDC325
September 11th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Big Congrats to the CCSU blue devils a very decent D1AA program that demonstrated its ability very clearly on the road in statesboro. The Blue Devils simply came in, kicked ass and took names. The eagles were left flatfooted and grasping for excuses for their misrerable performance. Way to go Devils! :smiley_wi

First Congrats to CCSU but lets be realistic please this was not a win over even last years GSU team. New Coaches, New Offense, New Defense, and alot of New players are not excuses they are facts. Far from an ass kicking either less than a touchdown does not qualify as an ass kicking. With all the penalties, mental mistakes, missed kicks, turnovers, committed by GSU the score vs an App State would have been ass kicking. I expect everyone to be taking shots at GSU but be realistic in doing it. Enjoy it while you can but he who laughs last laughs the hardest. I just hope this is limited to a one season shot fest at GSU.

aceinthehole
September 11th, 2006, 02:49 PM
:

:eyebrow: How can you disagree? We got our glutes handed to us because we had mistakes in just about every series. In years past, GSU hasn't always played mistake free ball, but they still won. That is never going to happen with three turnovers, and a multitude of failed plays. It was obvious that we had major problems, when CCSU lined up to punt the ball, and there were only like two GSU players on the line of scrimmage. Fortunately, someone managed to call a time out in all the confusion. GSU is lucky to have lost by four. In my opinion, it could have been much worse. CCSU did exactly what they had to do to win that game. They were the better team, and managed to execute their game plan effectively, and with very little in the way of errors.
There is no excuse. Congratulations CCSU.:beerchug:

Thanks for the heaps of praise on CCSU, but Central did not play anything close to flawless game either.

- A stupid fake FG play by CCSU in 1Q, was snuffed out by GSU.
- CCSU secondary gave up a 51 yrd hail mary with 0:00 on the clock in 2Q.
- GSU blocked a 4Q CCSU FG attempt.
- CCSU was just 2 for 12 on 3rd down (and 0 for 1 on 4th) for the game.
- CCSU was only 3-8 passing for 76 total yards.

We played well enough to win considering some of GSU's mistakes (turnovers), but I think the Devils have yet to play their best game this season. We are a very good team this year, with a much better running game than last year's squad.

bobbythekidd
September 11th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the heaps of praise on CCSU, but Central did not play anything close to flawless game either.

- A stupid fake FG play by CCSU in 1Q, was snuffed out by GSU.
- CCSU secondary gave up a 51 yrd hail mary with 0:00 on the clock in 2Q.
- GSU blocked a 4Q CCSU FG attempt.
- CCSU was just 2 for 12 on 3rd down (and 0 for 1 on 4th) for the game.
- CCSU was only 3-8 passing for 76 total yards.

We played well enough to win considering some of GSU's mistakes (turnovers), but I think the Devils have yet to play their best game this season. We are a very good team this year, with a much better running game than last year's squad.

Time will tell, time is the great equalizer.
Truth is I hope you do go undefeated, it would make this bitter pill more pleasent to swallow.
I have said what I wanted to say. If you care to know what it was, go back in this thread and look it up. I stand behind every work of it (except that crap about fire everyone and start over next fall. That was immature and not thought out. I apologize for that one). I am done being negative
There is a buttload of football left for both of these teams.
Good luck to CCSU! Kick some butt.
Go Eagles! GATA, just one more time! -Erk

I will see you all this Sat. at Paulson! No fair weather here.:hurray: