PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte 49ers' first season

The Cats
July 4th, 2013, 09:00 PM
The Charlotte fans are sounding very familiar to another start up program prior to their first game.

While I'm not sure they will go 0-11 as Massey projects, I think their expectations that they'll do as well as ODU did their first season, is just unrealistic. But, I guess we'll see.

Massey Says We Go 0-11? (http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=31759.0)

BisonFan02
July 4th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Sat, Aug 31 Campbell Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 07 Chowan Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 14 North Carolina Central Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 28 Presbyterian at Clinton, S.C. 2:00 p.m.
Sat, Oct 05 Gardner-Webb Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Oct 12 UNC Pembroke (HC) Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Oct 26 Charleston Southern at Charleston, S.C. 1:30 p.m.
Sat, Nov 02 Coastal Carolina at Conway, S.C. 3:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 09 Wesley College Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 16 Old Dominion at Norfolk, Va. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 23 Morehead State at Morehead, Ky. 1:00 p.m.

....gotta be at least ONE win in there somewhere :D

CID1990
July 4th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Well if they lose to Campbell or Chowan they won't beat anyone, that's for sure.

Sent from the center of the universe.

T-Dog
July 5th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Four of the last five on the road could be rough.

Also, those Noon kickoffs are rough, especially in the middle of the concrete jungle that is UNCC.

NC Central in week three will be the big test. The end of a home stretch and will carry momentum into their first road trip.

There's really no telling how they will do. One would think they got four sure wins in Wesley, Pembroke, Chowan and Campbell, but we'll see.

I do think their first two schedules will set them up to be slaughtered in 2015 though. Huge jump up in competetion.

PantherRob82
July 5th, 2013, 02:13 AM
I think they could hit .500 if things go really well.

WileECoyote06
July 5th, 2013, 07:12 AM
I know that Charlotte better sell out of their game before NCCU fans start buying tickets. We have a big alumni chapter in Charlotte, and it's a short drive from the Triad and the Triangle.

But yeah if you have trouble with Campbell or Chowan it's going to be a long season.

Tealblood
July 5th, 2013, 09:02 AM
They have a good chance to beat any of the teams with less scholarships than UNCC will have on the field

So in my opinion that's 5 wins

Then you have chuck sucks and presby so 2 more potential wins

So I think they get 7 wins

rokamortis
July 5th, 2013, 10:31 AM
How many scholarship players will they have? 40-45? They'll be 'FBS caliber' recruits so they will be better or at least think they are better than the FCS players and could do some damage. Youth is what will hurt them - but no FCS team should sleep on them since UNCC will feel like they should beat all of those teams.

CID1990
July 5th, 2013, 11:15 AM
I think they will beat Chowan and Campbell. Dependent on how close those games are will be telling for the rest of the season.

eaglewraith
July 5th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Noon kickoffs in late Aug and early Sept?

God I would hate football if we did that.

elon77
July 5th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Sat, Aug 31 Campbell Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 07 Chowan Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 14 North Carolina Central Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 28 Presbyterian at Clinton, S.C. 2:00 p.m.
Sat, Oct 05 Gardner-Webb Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Oct 12 UNC Pembroke (HC) Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Oct 26 Charleston Southern at Charleston, S.C. 1:30 p.m.
Sat, Nov 02 Coastal Carolina at Conway, S.C. 3:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 09 Wesley College Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 16 Old Dominion at Norfolk, Va. 12:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 23 Morehead State at Morehead, Ky. 1:00 p.m.
....gotta be at least ONE win in there somewhere :D

I say 5-6, and that will not be too bad.

md64179
July 5th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I think they go 4-7 which is not bad for a first season imo

dbackjon
July 5th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Really, if they can't win 5-6 games against two non-schollies, 3 DII, and 5 Big South teams, they will end up Georgia State bad

Saint3333
July 5th, 2013, 12:09 PM
The casual UNCC fan will not be patient, they need 7 wins to keep interest, I'll think they win 7 at a minimum.

CID1990
July 5th, 2013, 12:18 PM
The casual UNCC fan will not be patient, they need 7 wins to keep interest, I'll think they win 7 at a minimum.

I'm not so sure that the impatience of the average UNCC fan is going to necessarily translate into wins. I do think they will win at least a few this season, but 7 seems a little optimistic to me.

ASUMountaineer
July 5th, 2013, 12:25 PM
I'm not so sure that the impatience of the average UNCC fan is going to necessarily translate into wins. I do think they will win at least a few this season, but 7 seems a little optimistic to me.

I agree, even with that schedule. The problem with predicting wins is that no one knows what they have. It will be interesting to see.

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 5th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I think it would be a mistake to assume Georgia State level suckage for UNCC. What State did really isn't that typical of startups. If you hire the right guys and do a decent job of recruiting you shouldn't get kicked around in your first season.

Lambert will most likely do a better job than than Bill Curry. Their best hire might be Jeff Mullen IMO. He reminds me of Scott Satterfield - a good QB coach who has bee overlooked by people looking for OCs. I don't see them having a losing record with that schedule. They will probaly get massacred at ODU and probably will lose to Coastal and GWU, but most of the rest of those games are very much winnable.

bjtheflamesfan
July 5th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I have them going 0-4 against the Big South but they could take down PC or GW so 4-5 wins is what Im predicting

CID1990
July 5th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I don't think anyone could suck as a startup more than GSU did. UNCC would have to be trying to suck to do worse.

Saint3333
July 5th, 2013, 02:37 PM
% chance of winning

Sat, Aug 31 Campbell Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. - W - 90%
Sat, Sep 07 Chowan Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. - W - 95%
Sat, Sep 14 North Carolina Central Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. - W - 70%
Sat, Sep 28 Presbyterian at Clinton, S.C. 2:00 p.m. - W - 70%
Sat, Oct 05 Gardner-Webb Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. - L - 35%
Sat, Oct 12 UNC Pembroke (HC) Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. - W - 95%
Sat, Oct 26 Charleston Southern at Charleston, S.C. 1:30 p.m. - L - 45%
Sat, Nov 02 Coastal Carolina at Conway, S.C. 3:00 p.m. - L - 30%
Sat, Nov 09 Wesley College Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. - W - 95%
Sat, Nov 16 Old Dominion at Norfolk, Va. 12:00 p.m. L - 10%
Sat, Nov 23 Morehead State at Morehead, Ky. 1:00 p.m. - W - 90%

They don't have depth and it may show at the end of the season, but they do have 40-45 players that would see significant playing time at all of these schools not named ODU.

I really don't understand the noon kickoffs though, why not promote a true gameday and tailgate from 9-2, game at 3? Plus do one night game, fans love those. Are they afraid people won't come if they are competing with TV games?

rokamortis
July 5th, 2013, 03:08 PM
The noon kickoffs are interesting - not sure why they would do that. They'll learn.

Edit: Charlotte posters on another forum say they don't have lights. Lights should have been a critical component of the stadium.

49RFootballNow
July 5th, 2013, 03:15 PM
The noon kickoffs are apparently because we won't have lights the first season so if we kickoff later in the day and a game goes to OT we might start losing the light. That's the "official" reason given. They won't do a 3pm kickoff for lighting reasons so the only alternative is 1pm. Most of us would prefer 1pm just so tailgating would be longer.

WH49er
July 5th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I know that Charlotte better sell out of their game before NCCU fans start buying tickets. We have a big alumni chapter in Charlotte, and it's a short drive from the Triad and the Triangle.

But yeah if you have trouble with Campbell or Chowan it's going to be a long season.

Unless we add temporary seating, all NCCU will get is their allotment. Pretty much every seat in the stadium is spoken for.

WH49er
July 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
% chance of winning

They don't have depth and it may show at the end of the season, but they do have 40-45 players that would see significant playing time at all of these schools not named ODU.

You nailed my biggest concern in depth, first string can't take every snap. Anything .500 or better is gravy for me. Just glad we have football and we the fans were the reason that it was created. Hard to believe August 31st is almost here.

Saint3333
July 5th, 2013, 04:09 PM
No lights, tell Richardson to get on that.

Apphole
July 5th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I've had to convince most of my UNCC friends that they're going to win a lot more than they seem to expect, so I don't see interest dying off too bad if they blow it and finish <.500. The novelty of season one alone is enough to pack that little stadium for a year or two.

I do expect to see a massive loss of interest when they begin their winless FBS seasons.

heath
July 5th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I say 5-6, and that will not be too bad.

I was thinking about the same.....at least 4 wins. They have to have as much or more talent than half the schedule,will just be green and learn to get better each week.

ODU Oldtimer
July 5th, 2013, 07:55 PM
I think 6 -5
Good Luck UNCC

91Niner
July 6th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Four of the last five on the road could be rough.

Also, those Noon kickoffs are rough, especially in the middle of the concrete jungle that is UNCC.

NC Central in week three will be the big test. The end of a home stretch and will carry momentum into their first road trip.

There's really no telling how they will do. One would think they got four sure wins in Wesley, Pembroke, Chowan and Campbell, but we'll see.

I do think their first two schedules will set them up to be slaughtered in 2015 though. Huge jump up in competetion.

Clearly someone who has not been on the Charlotte campus in atleast 20 years. UNC Charlotte's campus has WAYYYYY more green space (less concrete) than App State. Its not even close. Anyone can "google" and see for themselves. BTW, I was on the App State campus in May.....not pretty.

91Niner
July 6th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I've had to convince most of my UNCC friends that they're going to win a lot more than they seem to expect, so I don't see interest dying off too bad if they blow it and finish <.500. The novelty of season one alone is enough to pack that little stadium for a year or two.

I do expect to see a massive loss of interest when they begin their winless FBS seasons.

As opposed to that mammoth KBS with what? 7-8000 more seats than our "starter stadium". We can bring in temporary seating this season and match the actual seating capacity of KBS.

Apphole
July 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM
BTW, I was on the App State campus in May.....not pretty.

xlolx

Open your eyes next time.

Apphole
July 6th, 2013, 11:35 AM
As opposed to that mammoth KBS with what? 7-8000 more seats than our "starter stadium". We can bring in temporary seating this season and match the actual seating capacity of KBS.

We're averaging just shy of 30k every regular season, man. KBS is essentially twice the size as Jerry Rich stadium.

The Cats
July 6th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Why is it, that almost every thread that ASU fans post in, turn into an ASU vs. the world thread ?

http://www.csnbbs.com/html/funnies/general/capacity.jpg

91Niner
July 6th, 2013, 03:56 PM
We're averaging just shy of 30k every regular season, man. KBS is essentially twice the size as Jerry Rich stadium.

No its not----- your stadium actually only has REAL seats FOR ~23-24,000 IIRC (vs. 15,300 for ours as of today). As usual you had to make some smart ass comment about our stadium being small as if KBS has 50,000 seats or something. Hell, we can add enough temporaries to surpass your "real seats" and may well do it this season.....Also, still love how you like to dismiss your playoff games as if they don't count in your attendance or something. I bet if the attendance increased for them you would count it.

91Niner
July 6th, 2013, 04:07 PM
xlolx

Open your eyes next time.

Oh, they were open and I guarantee you that 90%+ of people who would visit each campus today would agree that the Charlotte CAMPUS is WAY prettier than the App State CAMPUS. The NC Mountains are great (in general) but the App campus and Boone in general are not.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Oh, they were open and I guarantee you that 90%+ of people who would visit each campus today would agree that the Charlotte CAMPUS is WAY prettier than the App State CAMPUS. The NC Mountains are great (in general) but the App campus and Boone in general are not.

The hills are part of the campus man. It's a nice looking place and have not been to Charlotte so can't make the comparison but saying that App isn't a good looking campus is a mistake. If Charlotte has a better one then good for you guys cuz that means it's a very nice place.

Saint3333
July 6th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Silly Montana fans the mountains aren't green space. No one has ever visited App and said what a beautiful campus...

Horseshoe App
July 6th, 2013, 05:47 PM
It is evident you just don't like ASU. I live in Boone, and the town is way nicer than the local area around UNCC. I know we have smartasses that say UNCC sucks, but in reality, UNCC has a nice campus. And you are correct in saying ASU is not as pretty as it use to be. They have added so many new buildings that it just doesn't have the quaint look it had when I was in college in the 80's. We are a product of our ambition. We have outgrown the area we have and we cannot make it look as nice as we would like with the growth we are now having. I guess it will continue to be a pissing match between the two schools as to who has the nicer campus. You guys do have more space, but we do have the mountains.

91Niner
July 6th, 2013, 08:58 PM
It is evident you just don't like ASU. I live in Boone, and the town is way nicer than the local area around UNCC. I know we have smartasses that say UNCC sucks, but in reality, UNCC has a nice campus. And you are correct in saying ASU is not as pretty as it use to be. They have added so many new buildings that it just doesn't have the quaint look it had when I was in college in the 80's. We are a product of our ambition. We have outgrown the area we have and we cannot make it look as nice as we would like with the growth we are now having. I guess it will continue to be a pissing match between the two schools as to who has the nicer campus. You guys do have more space, but we do have the mountains.

If you re-read my comments, you will see I was referring to the actual campus' (proper) and I am sorry I have nothing against App State, although AppHole is certainly doing his best to give App fans a terrible reputation. I have a nephew who recently graduated from App (among several other friends) and I almost went there back in the day myself. However, the campus leaves quite a bit to be desired, particulalarly the area around KBS, Holmes, etc. Its just a conjested, unattractive area filled with concrete, signs and ugly, mis-matched buildings. I'm sorry, that is my opinion and most who visit it agree (atleast the few I have talked to).

Saint3333
July 6th, 2013, 09:42 PM
I'd say the people you talk to are in the minority, most people love the area and the campus.

Everyone I run into in South Charlotte can't stand the university area of Charlotte, see how that works.

dgtw
July 7th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Why have they not installed lights yet?

WileECoyote06
July 7th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Random Thought: As many times as NCCU has been mistakenly listed at UNCC; this football game will make for some interesting tickers. xlolx

91Niner
July 7th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I'd say the people you talk to are in the minority, most people love the area and the campus.

Everyone I run into in South Charlotte can't stand the university area of Charlotte, see how that works.

Seriously, can I bold the words "CAMPUS" anymore? I am talking about the campus' of UNC Charlotte and App State. Not off campus, not the entire cities in which they're located.....the CAMPUS' ONLY!!!

WH49er
July 7th, 2013, 01:23 PM
For once, can we not turn another thread into Charlotte/App pissing match?

AshevilleApp2
July 7th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Good luck to the 49'ers in their first season!

Saint3333
July 7th, 2013, 02:29 PM
91, I'll really don't care but you are easy to mess with.

91Niner
July 7th, 2013, 03:00 PM
91, I'll really don't care but you are easy to mess with.

Back at ya! You're not as bad as AppHole, but keep trying! :)

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
July 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Here's my stab at it:

Sat, Aug 31 Campbell Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. WIN
Sat, Sep 07 Chowan Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. WIN
Sat, Sep 14 North Carolina Central Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. LOSS (close one)
Sat, Sep 28 Presbyterian at Clinton, S.C. 2:00 p.m. WIN
Sat, Oct 05 Gardner-Webb Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. WIN
Sat, Oct 12 UNC Pembroke (HC) Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. WIN
Sat, Oct 26 Charleston Southern at Charleston, S.C. 1:30 p.m. LOSS (close one)
Sat, Nov 02 Coastal Carolina at Conway, S.C. 3:00 p.m. LOSS
Sat, Nov 09 Wesley College Charlotte, N.C. 12:00 p.m. WIN
Sat, Nov 16 Old Dominion at Norfolk, Va. 12:00 p.m. LOSS (not so close)
Sat, Nov 23 Morehead State at Morehead, Ky. 1:00 p.m. WIN

I forecast at least seven but no more than nine wins.

49RFootballNow
July 7th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Here's my stab at it:

That's about what I have as well, but I think we'll win at least one of the ones against NCCU and Charleston Southern.

walliver
July 8th, 2013, 06:33 AM
I suspect they have the talent to win 8. But football games are not won by talent alone. Teamwork, experience and leadership take time to develop. They will be playing with a team of primarily freshmen and will probably go 6-5, possibly 5-6

ASUMountaineer
July 8th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Clearly someone who has not been on the Charlotte campus in atleast 20 years. UNC Charlotte's campus has WAYYYYY more green space (less concrete) than App State. Its not even close. Anyone can "google" and see for themselves. BTW, I was on the App State campus in May.....not pretty.

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
July 8th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Seriously, can I bold the words "CAMPUS" anymore? I am talking about the campus' of UNC Charlotte and App State. Not off campus, not the entire cities in which they're located.....the CAMPUS' ONLY!!!

Actually...

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
July 8th, 2013, 07:29 AM
If you re-read my comments, you will see I was referring to the actual campus' (proper) and I am sorry I have nothing against App State, although AppHole is certainly doing his best to give App fans a terrible reputation. I have a nephew who recently graduated from App (among several other friends) and I almost went there back in the day myself. However, the campus leaves quite a bit to be desired, particulalarly the area around KBS, Holmes, etc. Its just a conjested, unattractive area filled with concrete, signs and ugly, mis-matched buildings. I'm sorry, that is my opinion and most who visit it agree (atleast the few I have talked to).

xlolx

Apphole
July 8th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Can somebody post some pictures of App to shut this kid up? (Not that anyone is taking him seriously) My home computer is on the fritz and I will be out of the office until tomorrow.

ASUMountaineer
July 8th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Can someone tell cmitty to take the stick out of his butt. Also, what is actually spam?

Really, a neg rep? What a chick.

Apphole
July 8th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Can someone tell cmitty to take the stick out of his butt. Also, what is actually spam?

The "dude" gives a neg rep every month. Usually around the same time.

Smitty
July 8th, 2013, 07:53 AM

xlolx

The "dude" gives a neg rep every month. Usually around the same time.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't just give out neg rep every month

Apphole
July 8th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Confused you with The Cats. Apologies.

ASUMountaineer
July 8th, 2013, 08:28 AM
xlolx

I thought you'd appreciate that.

91Niner
July 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Actually...

xlolx

Good job xsalutex, I did kind of "throw" Boone in there, but seriously even in that context I was referring to the Boone that is adjacent to the App campus ( I also posted about the NC mountains being nice---of course). You must admit that the part of Boone near your campus is NOT a pretty area (full of car dealerships, shopping centers, cheap motels and fast food places).

Apphole
July 8th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Good job xsalutex, I did kind of "throw" Boone in there, but seriously even in that context I was referring to the Boone that is adjacent to the App campus ( I also posted about the NC mountains being nice---of course). You must admit that the part of Boone near your campus is NOT a pretty area (full of car dealerships, shopping centers, cheap motels and fast food places).
The part of Boone near campus is the historic King St area. The line between campus and King St is blurred as the culture of the school is deeply routed in the culture of Appalachia. One-of-a-kind dining, countless bars, multiple string bands playing on the sidewalk, ect.

The franchise area is down 321 as you come into town.

I'm beginning to understand why you thought ASU wasn't impressive: you thought the school was in a different part of town than it actually is...

CID1990
July 8th, 2013, 09:44 AM
ASU does have a pretty campus and I enjoy going there for games, but I have to admit that if you took the campus out of the mountains it would be somewhat sterile. The architecture reminds me of NCSU on a budget. But location is often the difference.

Sent from the center of the universe.

Skjellyfetti
July 8th, 2013, 09:45 AM

Sounds more like Boone AWAY from campus. The part of Boone close to campus is more King street than blowing rock road IMO.

ASUMountaineer
July 8th, 2013, 09:47 AM

I live just outside of Charlotte. I surely hope you're not trying to say that the areas around UNCC (N. Tryon/Harris/etc.) are nicer than the part of Boone that you described? My son was born at CMC-University. Directly across N. Tryon from UNCC is at least 3 strip centers and an apartment/condo complex with a crappy par 3 course. xlolx You do have the Saucer, which is a plus, but it's in a strip center. I'm familiar with the area, and don't need to bash it to feel good about my school.

Have you been to King St. or Howard's Knob? Those areas are visible from campus, thus closer than the areas of 421 and 321 that you described. I'm not saying Boone > North Charlotte, that's not the point. The point is you saying that the App State campus and Boone area surrounding it are "not pretty."

49RFootballNow
July 8th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mountains are nice. There, can we move on now?

91Niner
July 8th, 2013, 11:13 AM
I live just outside of Charlotte. I surely hope you're not trying to say that the areas around UNCC (N. Tryon/Harris/etc.) are nicer than the part of Boone that you described? My son was born at CMC-University. Directly across N. Tryon from UNCC is at least 3 strip centers and an apartment/condo complex with a crappy par 3 course. xlolx You do have the Saucer, which is a plus, but it's in a strip center. I'm familiar with the area, and don't need to bash it to feel good about my school.

Have you been to King St. or Howard's Knob? Those areas are visible from campus, thus closer than the areas of 421 and 321 that you described. I'm not saying Boone > North Charlotte, that's not the point. The point is you saying that the App State campus and Boone area surrounding it are "not pretty."

No, I'm not (stated atleast 5 times now, I think). I am talking about the actual campus (and to a lesser degree, the areas actually connecting to them). University Place in Charlotte is just as bad as the area which connects to the ASU campus (can't tell where ASU and Boone merge really). However, the Charlotte campus is kind of on an island (separated from the strip malls, etc by 4 lane roads).

While I guarantee that you do know the ASU campus better than I do, the side of campus I am familiar with (mostly coming in from 321) is not pretty and 321 essentially is part of the campus in that area. You can't tell the difference. Remember, my first comments in this thread were a response to another poster (an App fan) who stated that UNC Charlotte was a "concrete......" (don't care to look up the entire quote, but its in here).

91Niner
July 8th, 2013, 11:16 AM
The part of Boone near campus is the historic King St area. The line between campus and King St is blurred as the culture of the school is deeply routed in the culture of Appalachia. One-of-a-kind dining, countless bars, multiple string bands playing on the sidewalk, ect.

The franchise area is down 321 as you come into town.

I'm beginning to understand why you thought ASU wasn't impressive: you thought the school was in a different part of town than it actually is...

Sure AppHole.....321 doesn't run anywhere near the ASU campus does it?

ElonFirefighter
July 8th, 2013, 11:30 AM
sooooo Elon has a very nice campus and ASUMountaineer as a fellow Charlottean I agree 100%

ElonFirefighter
July 8th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Ok Lets just go ahead and call it...... Sorry UNCC couldn't photoshop out the team that actually won it.

Mountaineer
July 8th, 2013, 11:39 AM
While I guarantee that you do know the ASU campus better than I do, the side of campus I am familiar with (mostly coming in from 321) is not pretty and 321 essentially is part of the campus in that area.

Really? This part of 321 with the Holmes Center and Durham Park isn't pretty? Me thinks you're talking out of your ass here a bit. Obviously, you're not as familiar with our campus and downtown Boone as you'd like to believe.

http://i.imgur.com/cHYSp8s.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5Vfsl6h.jpg

Yup, tons of asphalt, car dealerships and strip malls here. xlolx

91Niner
July 8th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Really? This part of 321 with the Holmes Center and Durham Park isn't pretty? Me thinks you're talking out of your ass here a bit. Obviously, you're not as familiar with our campus and downtown Boone as you'd like to believe.

http://i.imgur.com/cHYSp8s.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5Vfsl6h.jpg

Yup, tons of asphalt, car dealerships and strip malls here. xlolx

The question is, have you been there? Are you saying there are none of these things within sight of Holmes, or very close to it? My nephew lived in a total dump of a house within sight of Holmes. I am very familiar with that side of the campus. BTW, if you want to get a clearer view of each campus, GoogleMaps is your friend. You will notice lots of green space ON our campus, not beside it or down the street but on the campus. 90%+ of all the green space you see inside the corridors of N. Tryon, University City Blvd, WT Harris and Mallard Creek Church Road is on our campus.

WUTNDITWAA
July 8th, 2013, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA1xgTTw9w

ImfromClayton
July 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I cannot believe that what I assume to be grown men are arguing over whether or not a campus is "pretty" on an internet football forum.

91Niner
July 8th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I cannot believe that what I assume to be grown men are arguing over whether or not a campus is "pretty" on an internet football forum.

Yes, this certainly is the first dumb topic ever discussed on an internet forum.

49RFootballNow
July 8th, 2013, 02:28 PM

..............um.......................That's why Al Gore invented the internet in the first place, duh!

Apphole
July 9th, 2013, 08:16 AM
No its not----- your stadium actually only has REAL seats FOR ~23-24,000 IIRC (vs. 15,300 for ours as of today). As usual you had to make some smart ass comment about our stadium being small as if KBS has 50,000 seats or something. Hell, we can add enough temporaries to surpass your "real seats" and may well do it this season.....Also, still love how you like to dismiss your playoff games as if they don't count in your attendance or something. I bet if the attendance increased for them you would count it.

Sorry to further derail, but this fallacy MUST be addressed.

KBS has two things that account for the discrepancy between "official seating" and actual attendance: a big grass hill and bench student seating. We will have ~30,000 watching this season to your 14-15. Again, KBS is twice as big as your stadium.

My original comment wasn't even supposed to be derogatory. In the grand scheme of division one football, yes, 15,000 is quite small. You are the physical representation of little-man syndrome.

49RFootballNow
July 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
You are the physical representation of little-man syndrome.

Seems whoever went to the trouble to search through a website to grammar nazi and then MS paint up his issues on this would know a lot about little-man Syndrome:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOqBCsnCYAARaj-.jpg:large

You have some issues you need to deal with.

WH49er
July 9th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Seems whoever went to the trouble to search through a website to grammar nazi and then MS paint up his issues on this would know a lot about little-man Syndrome:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOqBCsnCYAARaj-.jpg:large

You have some issues you need to deal with.

xlolxxlolxxlolx

What a pathetic life Apphole/Gonzo has.

Apphole
July 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I shared that graphic, but I didn't make it. T-Dog tweeted it at me.

Sure did get a kick out of it though. Goodness, you people are stupid. xlolx

49RFootballNow
July 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Great news everybody!!!!!

Its not Apphole being an apphole this time!

Its some other apphole being an apphole. Apphole just retweeted the **** because he loves retweeting **** about UNC Charlotte.

The world is safe for democracy again.

Apphole
July 9th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Great news everybody!!!!!

Its not Apphole being an apphole this time!

Its some other apphole being an apphole. Apphole just retweeted the **** because he loves retweeting **** about UNC Charlotte.

The world is safe for democracy again.

It wasn't pretty, but he admitted he was wrong.

I'll take it.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/citizen-kane-clapping.gif

91Niner
July 9th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Sorry to further derail, but this fallacy MUST be addressed.

KBS has two things that account for the discrepancy between "official seating" and actual attendance: a big grass hill and bench student seating. We will have ~30,000 watching this season to your 14-15. Again, KBS is twice as big as your stadium.

My original comment wasn't even supposed to be derogatory. In the grand scheme of division one football, yes, 15,000 is quite small. You are the physical representation of little-man syndrome.

Sorry, but you're full of it. Your stadium SEATS 23 or 24,000 in ACTUAL SEATS. If you want to pretend having people sitting on the ground or standing inside the fences somewhere makes your stadium bigger then we can do that as well. I guarantee you that our stadium will then hold 25,000+ then. See, this is fun....... You can count it on the "attendance" all you want, but it does NOT mean your stadium is "twice as big" as ours.....geez. talk about little man syndrome. You are a textbook case, little guy.

Apphole
July 9th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Sorry, but you're full of it. Your stadium SEATS 23 or 24,000 in ACTUAL SEATS. If you want to pretend having people sitting on the ground or standing inside the fences somewhere makes your stadium bigger then we can do that as well. I guarantee you that our stadium will then hold 25,000+ then. See, this is fun....... You can count it on the "attendance" all you want, but it does NOT mean your stadium is "twice as big" as ours.....geez. talk about little man syndrome. You are a textbook case, little guy.

Way to just ignore everything I said only to repeat yosef with the same tired nonsense.

If Jerry Richardson's new stadium had a massive grass hill that wasn't factored into a seat total or bench seating that held ~2x as many students as it was supposed to, you better believe you would report more than the official number on the fire marshall's paper. Give me a break. 15,000 x 2 = 30,000. Not to mention our massive athletic complex. It is 2x the size in every way possible, man.

On the topic of little man syndrome, just look at yourself at the beginning of this thread. You ignored the topic entirely just to come on here and FREAK OUT over two, tongue-in-cheek shots at UNCC football and you've never looked back. Hell, even I actually had a relevant post until you started the dick measuring contest. Your self esteem in UNC Charlotte is clearly very low. That is why you exemplify little-man syndrome.

91Niner
July 9th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Way to just ignore everything I said only to repeat yosef with the same tired nonsense.

If Jerry Richardson's new stadium had a massive grass hill that wasn't factored into a seat total or bench seating that held ~2x as many students as it was supposed to, you better believe you would report more than the official number on the fire marshall's paper. Give me a break. 15,000 x 2 = 30,000. Not to mention our massive athletic complex. It is 2x the size in every way possible, man.

On the topic of little man syndrome, just look at yourself at the beginning of this thread. You ignored the topic entirely just to come on here and FREAK OUT over two, tongue-in-cheek shots at UNCC football and you've never looked back. Hell, even I actually had a relevant post until you started the dick measuring contest. Your self esteem in UNC Charlotte is clearly very low. That is why you exemplify little-man syndrome.

You have got to be the dumbest human with access to the internet. I commented on an App fan's shot at our stadium (kind of like the shots you make constantly on multiple boards). I didn't start it, and you certainly didn't have to jump in but you did AS USUAL. I am also sorry that your reading comprehension skills are so pathetic. IT WAS NEVER ABOUT ATTENDANCE, IT WAS ABOUT STADIUM SIZE AFTER YOU BROUGHT IT UP AND ANYONE WITH COMMON SENSE CONSIDERS STADIUM SIZE TO BE ACTUAL SEATS except for you apparently. Thats why seating is always listed in stadium bios, not hill space or consourse square footage.

No matter how you continue to spin it and repeat yourself, you are wrong as KBS is nowhere near twice the size of JRS, (you were the one making that claim) but if it makes you feel superior in some strange way then knock yourself out. As for the "little man syndrome", you clearly have it but continue to claim otherwise as it is amusing. You are obviously obsessed with UNC Charlotte. You need help dude, seriously.

Edit: Your comment about your massive athletic complex is hilarious as well. You (AppHole) definitely have a "massive athletic complex" alright.

bjtheflamesfan
July 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Good gravy...App State fans and UNCC fans are the only two collective fan bases to be on the same level if not more so in their level of butthurt. I don't give a flying patoot which school has the bigger stadium at this point. That's about on the same level as trying to determine who's dad is a bigger dork...

WH49er
July 9th, 2013, 03:14 PM
On a non-pissing match note, only a few more FSLs and every seat will be spoken for this year:

@NinerTix
#Charlotte49ers FB reserved season tickets are now sold out! Still FSLs available for purchase, call 704-687-4949 for details! #GoNiners

Win or lose, the stadium will be packed.

PantherRob82
July 9th, 2013, 03:30 PM
On a non-pissing match note, only a few more FSLs and every seat will be spoken for this year:

@NinerTix
#Charlotte49ers FB reserved season tickets are now sold out! Still FSLs available for purchase, call 704-687-4949 for details! #GoNiners

Win or lose, the stadium will be Sold out

FIFY xlolx

Mr. Bojangles
July 9th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Here's my stab at it:

I would be happy with this. We will probably get stomped by ODU and Coastal, but I feel every other game will be winnable. Having mostly Freshman including our starting QB, we will surely take some lumps.

DoWe
July 9th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I have seen UNCC's campus and I can attest that it is among the prettiest commuter college campuses in the immediate Charlotte vicinity.

ASUMountaineer
July 10th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Good gravy...App State fans and UNCC fans are the only two collective fan bases to be on the same level if not more so in their level of butthurt. I don't give a flying patoot which school has the bigger stadium at this point. That's about on the same level as trying to determine who's dad is a bigger dork...

That would clearly be a Liberty fan's dad, right? xlolx

I kid, I kid...:D

WH49er
July 10th, 2013, 12:22 PM

You mean an Amy Grant cd as a birthday gift isn't cool?

ASUMountaineer
July 10th, 2013, 12:30 PM
You mean an Amy Grant cd as a birthday gift isn't cool?

xlolx

AppMan
July 15th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Back to the topic at hand. All this talk of 8-9 wins is insane. Charlotte will do well to win more than 4 games. The players on the other side of the ball will be jr's & sr's to Charlotte's freshmen and soph's. OK so they've got a few transfers, it still won't be enough to make up for guys who are older and more physically developed. They also have actual college game experience compared to all but a handful of Charlotte's players who haven't played a game in 2 years. Charlotte fans thinking they are to breeze through this schedule are setting themselves up for a major disappointment.

knucklehead
July 15th, 2013, 08:19 AM

Who you callin a Dork, Dweeb? haha

kdinva
July 24th, 2013, 11:45 AM
UNCC cancels Nov. game @ ODU, will host JMU instead...........

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/07/unc-charlotte-pulls-out-nov-game-against-odu

ODU, which is playing under Football Bowl Subdivision rules this season, will have more than 80 scholarship players this fall. Charlotte is playing under the FCS limit of 63 scholarships.

When the contract was signed two years ago, both schools were expecting to be in FCS in 2013 and 2014.

URMite
July 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM

ODU, which is playing under Football Bowl Subdivision rules this season, will have more than 80 scholarship players this fall. Charlotte is playing under the FCS limit of 63 scholarships.

When the contract was signed two years ago, both schools were expecting to be in FCS in 2013 and 2014.

Host???

Apphole
July 24th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Host???

Wow. What are they thinking? Maybe another desperate plot to stay in the CUSA radar.

bridgeforthduke
July 24th, 2013, 12:14 PM
JMU is hosting the game this year on September 21st. A return trip to Charlotte will be next year.

Mountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Beware, 49ers. The streamers are coming.

http://photos.dnronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/090410-jmu-msu-crowd1-tw.jpg
Yay purple!

ASUMountaineer
July 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM

http://photos.dnronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/090410-jmu-msu-crowd1-tw.jpg
Yay purple!

xlolx

WH49er
July 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM

Yay purple!

Looks like a rough crowd better go ahead cancel that trip to Harrisonburg. Does that asian kid even know what is going on? If we keep the score within 3 touchdowns, I'll be impressed.

heath
July 24th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Looks like a rough crowd better go ahead cancel that trip to Harrisonburg. Does that asian kid even know what is going on? If we keep the score within 3 touchdowns, I'll be impressed.

AT LEAST THEY SHOWED UPxthumbsupx I'm just wondering what that girl in the bottom right plans on doing with her shaftsxlolx Seems like most of the Duke females are double fisting......Nice;)

mountaineer in Cane Land
July 24th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Looking at their schedule you would think 3 maybe 4 easy wins, catch a couple of breaks, maybe 6 wins, but man, no one has a clue what kind of team Charlotte will put on the field, first 2 games will show a lot, lose those games, and it will be a very long season.

jmufan999
July 25th, 2013, 11:19 AM
i hope you 49ers fans make the trip to Harrisonburg, you'll have a good time.

just don't do the typical "JMU fans are a-holes", thing afterward. i get tired of hearing that idiotic blanket statement regardless of who is being discussed. there are nice fans and jerky fans everywhere you go. just depends on who is sitting near you.

ASUMountaineer
July 25th, 2013, 12:39 PM
i hope you 49ers fans make the trip to Harrisonburg, you'll have a good time.

just don't do the typical "JMU fans are a-holes", thing afterward. i get tired of hearing that idiotic blanket statement regardless of who is being discussed. there are nice fans and jerky fans everywhere you go. just depends on who is sitting near you.

This is true, unfortunately we ran across a few of the jerky ones. We were tailgating with some of my wife's family that are JMU grads, who were decked out in purple, and we still got hassled. One a-hole tried to pick a fight with my wife's uncle because he was defending the "App State pricks." Now, that clown was clearly a drunk, testosterone filled college student but it sure didn't make our day any better. The game, of course, made it worse. xsmhx Luckily, based on my wife's family, I don't view all JMU fans based off of that one clown and his buddies.

kdinva
July 25th, 2013, 01:31 PM
So, the altered schedules now are:

Sept. 21) UNCC @ JMU
Nov. 16) Campbell @ ODU
Nov. 23) Campbell @ Davidson (was nov. 15)

WileECoyote06
August 11th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Unless we add temporary seating, all NCCU will get is their allotment. Pretty much every seat in the stadium is spoken for.

Our allotment was only 100 tickets. While I'm impressed that you're selling out your stadium, that really sucks. Even App didn't limit us to 100 tickets.

GlassOnion
August 11th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Our allotment was only 100 tickets. While I'm impressed that you're selling out your stadium, that really sucks. Even App didn't limit us to 100 tickets.

Don't give up WileE, a loss to Campbell and Chowan, and those seats will open right up. xthumbsupx

The Cats
August 11th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Confused you with The Cats. Apologies.

A$$hole...er Apphole, you earn every negative rep I give you.

Saint3333
August 11th, 2013, 06:05 PM

Busch league move. That doesn't count coaches and players families I hope.

Apphole
August 11th, 2013, 07:09 PM

And you set the Nancy bar ever higher with every one...

WileECoyote06
August 11th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Busch league move. That doesn't count coaches and players families I hope.

No. The 100 tickets were made available to our highest donors.

ASUMountaineer
August 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM

Wait...you actually care enough to neg rep posters? xeyebrowx xlolx

MSUBobcat
August 12th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Wait...you actually care enough to neg rep posters? xeyebrowx xlolx

+1 but xoutofrepx. There's been times where a certain Bison fan has annoyed the hell out of me, but I can't bring myself to neg rep anyone...

WH49er
August 12th, 2013, 01:04 PM

Feel free to return the favor when we come to Durham next year. I'm sorry to hear about the allotment.

walliver
August 13th, 2013, 06:42 AM

To be honest, all of the blame for that rests with your AD.

He either didn't read the contract, or didn't care.

mountaineer in Cane Land
August 13th, 2013, 07:40 AM
wow, looks like Rosey pull a fast one on you guys, gotta be careful with her, she is crafty!!

ASU_Fanatic
August 13th, 2013, 08:24 PM
they'll win 4-6 games