PDA

View Full Version : SDSU/Montana Game Thread

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Montana takes the opening drive in for a score. 7-0 with 10:30 left in the 1st.

Chi Panther
September 9th, 2006, 02:20 PM
this one should be exciting to the finish.....:rotateh: :D

dbackjon
September 9th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Go Griz!!! (Go Big Sky :))

RabidRabbit
September 9th, 2006, 02:24 PM
:bang: :bang: COME ON JACKS!!!! Show some backbone!!!! :hurray:

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Jacks moving the ball, inside the Griz 10...

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 02:27 PM
2nd and goal inside the 5...3rd and goal at the 2...

strike00
September 9th, 2006, 02:28 PM
SDSU comes right back with an impressive drive. ties it up 7-7.

I'm watching it on a channel called UTV:confused: . Don't know what it is or why I get it, but its a nice suprise to watch a I-AA game on TV today.

Bisonforlife
September 9th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Any internet video or audio?

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Any internet video or audio?

The video apparently is free for this week, but I can't get it to work.

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/teams/football.stm

SeattleGriz
September 9th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I think its delayed an hour. On the site, it said 1:05pm

strike00
September 9th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Montana drive ends in a FG. 10-7 Montana.

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I think its delayed an hour. On the site, it said 1:05pm

Mountain Time, SG.

swaghook
September 9th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I have the streaming video going but it is choppy hope they have better stream for when you guys pay for it.

Audio can be found by searching for WNAX radio online

SiouxFallsJack
September 9th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Only down 10-7 at end of the 1st quarter, much better performance than last week.

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I have the streaming video going but it is choppy hope they have better stream for when you guys pay for it.

Audio can be found by searching for WNAX radio online

Do you have a link to that video?

End of 1st, 10-7 Griz.

nv_grizfan
September 9th, 2006, 03:01 PM
for video go to http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/category.asp?C=43947

strike00
September 9th, 2006, 03:08 PM
TD Montana. 17-7

TheValleyRaider
September 9th, 2006, 03:13 PM
for video go to http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/category.asp?C=43947

Awesome feed! Thanks :thumbsup:

swaghook
September 9th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Do you have a link to that video?

End of 1st, 10-7 Griz.

This is the one I was referring to http://www.bigskytv.org/

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 03:18 PM
This is the one I was referring to http://www.bigskytv.org/

Yeah, I can't get that one to work, maybe it's me or my machine, but I'm watching now either way. Thanks!

SDSU goes for a 60 yard FG and, well, misses. Griz ball with great field position.

TheValleyRaider
September 9th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Did SDSU really just try that FG from the 50 yd. line?

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Did SDSU really just try that FG from the 50 yd. line?

Yeah. :confused: :confused: xidiotx

TheValleyRaider
September 9th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Montana converts a FG (the range a little bit more reasonable).

20-7 Griz about 1:09 before the half.

TheValleyRaider
September 9th, 2006, 04:04 PM
TD Montana

11:02 left in the 3rd, 27-7 Grizzlies

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 04:04 PM
TD Montana! 27-7 on the first drive of the 2nd half.

TheValleyRaider
September 9th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Montana fails to punch in a long punt return, settles for a FG.

30-7 Griz

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Tuff Harris returns a punt 41 yards to the SDSU 6 yard line. SDSU defense does great work, holding the Griz to a FG. 30-7 UM.

sdgriz24
September 9th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Man I am loving Tuff Harris he is giving the Griz great field pos.

TheValleyRaider
September 9th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Another Griz FG makes it 33-7, 2:01 left in the 3rd

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Another FG for the Griz. 33-7.

TheBisonator
September 9th, 2006, 04:32 PM
I don't know, man... I don't like how SDSU looks this year...

DaGriz
September 9th, 2006, 04:34 PM

Their Offense is anemic. Their D is pretty good. I don't think they are nearly as good as they were last year.

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 04:50 PM
FG Montana. 36-7.

RabidRabbit
September 9th, 2006, 05:12 PM

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: Me Neither!:bawling: :bawling:

RabidRabbit
September 9th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Their Offense is anemic. Their D is pretty good. I don't think they are nearly as good as they were last year.

This appears to be a reasonable assessment. Watson still didn't play. Couldn't get the audio/video to run, but stats support the complete domination by Griz. Kardoes with 10-30 passing isn't winning any awards. :nonono2:

Thanks for the many FG's vs TDs Griz.

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Final is 36-7 Montana. The Jack's have a pretty tough D, but their O sputtered after the first drive.

I don't know if I want to touch on this, but I'm not too sure why Montana called a fake punt with 40 seconds left. Almost took it to the house.

They did take a knee after that, so maybe it was just to practice the play against a good D?

I don't know. :confused:

grizband
September 9th, 2006, 05:21 PM
This appears to be a reasonable assessment. Watson still didn't play. Couldn't get the audio/video to run, but stats support the complete domination by Griz. Kardoes with 10-30 passing isn't winning any awards. :nonono2:

Thanks for the many FG's vs TDs Griz.
Griz had 5 FGs in the red zone. Seems like the Griz playing Oregon last year, when we held them to alot of FGs.

SiouxFallsJack
September 9th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Final is 36-7 Montana. The Jack's have a pretty tough D, but their O sputtered after the first drive.

I don't know if I want to touch on this, but I'm not too sure why Montana called a fake punt with 40 seconds left. Almost took it to the house.

They did take a knee after that, so maybe it was just to practice the play against a good D?

I don't know. :confused:

I thought it showed a lack of class on Montana's part, but then that is what the losing team normally says. I'm just looking forward to returning the favor in the future.

nevadagriz
September 9th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Sioux falls you are entitlred to your opinion however coach hauck said that they only ran the fake because SDSU called timeout and lined up for the block and he was not going to let them come after the punter! I don't blame him they already had been flagged twice for roughing. They took a knee on the following play.

DaGriz
September 9th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Griz had 5 FGs in the red zone. Seems like the Griz playing Oregon last year, when we held them to alot of FGs.

Most of the field goals were with the reserves in.

DaGriz
September 9th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I thought it showed a lack of class on Montana's part, but then that is what the losing team normally says. I'm just looking forward to returning the favor in the future.

See my thread earlier this week on running up the score. Iowa did it to us last week and Hauck had them sit on it to the end the game anyway. We had our 5th string running back and 3rd string QB in half way through the 4th quarter. He wasn't running up the score.

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Sioux falls you are entitlred to your opinion however coach hauck said that they only ran the fake because SDSU called timeout and lined up for the block and he was not going to let them come after the punter! I don't blame him they already had been flagged twice for roughing. They took a knee on the following play.

OK, that explains it. Thanks for the info, I do feel better about it.

I know we've had our discussions/arguments about running up the score on AGS recently and I didn't really want to get into that.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GrizFoo
September 9th, 2006, 10:16 PM
The Griz tried 5 RBs 2 QBs, and had 2nd and 3rd string guys in most of the second half on both sides of the ball.

On the second fake punt, no question SDSU's lining up to go after the punt was what brought on the fake. As I always say, run your O and D, don't change what you would normally do just because the score gets out of hand.

People who don't know just look at the fake and think "that was cheap", but if you look at it from the perspective of a coach who wants to make his team better, and have them learn what to do in certain situations, then it wasn't cheap at all.

Checks are put in for situations like this. The fake could have been in place before and they didn't check out of it. Or the formation allowed the Griz to check to the fake.

Play the game, do your thing, and try to improve. Don't just sit on the ball because the other team can't get it done.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed in some of the play calling. A lot of those FGs could have been TD's had the Griz ran their O and passed a bit more.

MrTitleist
September 9th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Stiegelmeier wasn't happy with Montana's late fake punt, saying "we would never do that."

"We had a chance on third down to run the clock out," Hauck said. "They chose to take a time out. So I decided they must want to play a little more."

slostang
September 9th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Stiegelmeier wasn't happy with Montana's late fake punt, saying "we would never do that."

"We had a chance on third down to run the clock out," Hauck said. "They chose to take a time out. So I decided they must want to play a little more."
Hauck has a point. Good to see him take a knee on the next play.