PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday Blasts I-AA vs I-A Games

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2006, 09:50 AM
"Only thing worse than scheduling a I-AA is losing to a I-AA..."

I think that was pretty much the quote uttered by Chris Fowler today. He said it in what amounted to a little editorial piece after showing the three game scores from the I-AA over I-A games from a week ago...

Then mentioned SHSU with Rhett Bomar would be playing Texas in a few weeks. Doubt Bomar will see the field for that one...

Typical ESPN...

FlyYtown
September 9th, 2006, 10:35 AM
O come guys who cares. I love I-AA Football, well really just YSU; but I also love I-A Football.

Let them think what they think, but the truth is the truth! If you lost to a I-AA team and your I-A; then you must be bad.

unknown-swac
September 9th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Let them think what they think, but the truth is the truth! If you lost to a I-AA team and your I-A; then you must be bad.

True story

Retro
September 9th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I think the reason they dismiss I-AA so much is that when there is an upset of I-AA over I-A, especially a BCS team like colorado, it shatters their perceived 800 pound gorilla analogy they have of the BCS teams and that they are all that matters in college football, which is basically all they discuss.
It shouldn't be called college football gameday.. It should be called BCS Gameday.

If i ever win the Lotto, i'll finance a real college football network and tv show covering all levels...

September 9th, 2006, 11:36 AM
O come guys who cares. I love I-AA Football, well really just YSU; but I also love I-A Football.

Let them think what they think, but the truth is the truth! If you lost to a I-AA team and your I-A; then you must be bad.:pumpuke: It's known you are a I-A wannabee so why not just go to your local MAC board and beg them to join? If you lost to a I-AA team and your I-A then YOU LOST. AGS. UNDERSTAND?

FlyYtown
September 9th, 2006, 12:10 PM
:pumpuke: It's known you are a I-A wannabee so why not just go to your local MAC board and beg them to join? If you lost to a I-AA team and your I-A then YOU LOST. AGS. UNDERSTAND?

Sure I love I-A and every single Penguin fan does, I bet every single fan tonight will go home after YSU beats Maine and watch the OSU-TEXAS Game.
Not because of Tressel, but because we love Football!

YSU has always been known to be hated by certain I-AA fans over the years, but respected for their legacy. I am just sick and tired of seeing Kent and Akron embarass Northeast Ohio football when YSU is the best in NEOHIO. We also average 6-8 thousand more people at each game, and Akron-Kent fans even have told me Stambaugh is nicer than Dix and the Rubbers Bowl.

Facts are facts: If you lose to I-AA; you are bad.. The recruiting level and competition level can not be compared, unless your compaing the SUNBELT or bottom tier of the MAC to I-AA; those teams wouldn't even be top 25 i-aa!

September 9th, 2006, 12:35 PM
*sigh* you don't understand... AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. AGS. ...

Kill'em
September 9th, 2006, 12:41 PM
This topic has just been discussed on The Southern-Connection. Apparently Chris Fowler is Colorado alum. I say we should all flood ESPN with e-mails telling them Fowler is an A-hole and that I-AA football is not Bush-League. :mad:

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 12:49 PM
"Only thing worse than scheduling a I-AA is losing to a I-AA..."

I think that was pretty much the quote uttered by Chris Fowler today. He said it in what amounted to a little editorial piece after showing the three game scores from the I-AA over I-A games from a week ago...

Then mentioned SHSU with Rhett Bomar would be playing Texas in a few weeks. Doubt Bomar will see the field for that one...

Typical ESPN...

The only things worse than scheduling a I-AA is:

1. A I-A pretending to be a I-A.
2. Not having a playoff system.
3. Having criminals dot your team's roster.
4. An aging jock (or jock wannabe) trying to be funny on a sports network trying to do comedy.

AggiePride
September 9th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Facts are facts: If you lose to I-AA; you are bad.. The recruiting level ...can not be compared,

That is a generalized statement that can't be placed on particular states where I-AA football is the top division in that state, or in cases like Cali. where the state is so large that I-A could never hold a monopoly on all recruiting.

Not every recruit wants to move far away from home, much less to another state...

I would say the recruiting SHOULD be better, but blanket statements like "it can't be compared" are just false...

Also you fail to factor in academics, where some schools far surpass I-A in academics and easily have the advantage in that factor when the recruit and his family are making their decision. Some kids who kick a$$ at football also kick a$$ at school...

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2006, 12:57 PM
CSTV is making sure they plug I-AA wins over I-A each time they can...

They've brought up Navy's problems with I-AA before and Paul Johnson (former I-AA head coach) of Navy saying they have no intentions to overlook the I-AAs...

Johnson knows better...CSTV is much better than ESPN!

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 01:05 PM
CSTV is making sure they plug I-AA wins over I-A each time they can...

They've brought up Navy's problems with I-AA before and Paul Johnson (former I-AA head coach) of Navy saying they have no intentions to overlook the I-AAs...

Johnson knows better...CSTV is much better than ESPN!

Yes, it is.......it's about sports!

G.S.Green
September 9th, 2006, 01:25 PM
The key to this argument is just how hard it is to win the game. You always play away and anyone that can win under those conditions should get extra credit for doing so. Now that the 12th game is a requirement, I hope that !-AA might be able to get a few more neutral site games.