June 20th, 2013, 04:03 PM
UT Martin
http://www.nooga.com/162137/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-ut-martin/

Chattowns prediction: Mocs roll. 31-10

chattownmocs
June 23rd, 2013, 06:57 AM
Ga State

http://nooga.com/162175/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-georgia-state/

Georgia State should be much improved but the Mocs shouldn't have much trouble. 35-17 Chattanooga.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 23rd, 2013, 01:31 PM
Don't think they will improve that much. If you can only beat State by 18 no way will you give us the beatdown that you are anticipating. :)

smallcollegefbfan
June 23rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
Don't think they will improve that much. If you can only beat State by 18 no way will you give us the beatdown that you are anticipating. :)

I'm with you. Chattanooga actually has a lot of talent on paper but until they win it's just on paper and not on the field. I don't think Georgia State will be very good this year. They are a couple years away and with you guys moving up to FBS I am sure you will be a thorn in their side on recruiting.

As for Chatty I would predict they start the season 3-0 before losing to Georgia Southern then beat WCU, Furman, and Elon. They should start 6-1 on the year and I'm sure they will be ranked in the top 15 at that point but I predict they lose to App, Samford, and Alabama with a Wofford and Citadel 50/50. A strong start tapers off and they finish 7-5 or 8-4.

CID1990
June 23rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Wofford and Citadel 50/50.

If that happens then the one that beats UTC will most likely be your SoCon champ.

Sent from the center of the universe.

PaladinFan
June 24th, 2013, 06:58 AM
I'm with you. Chattanooga actually has a lot of talent on paper but until they win it's just on paper and not on the field. I don't think Georgia State will be very good this year. They are a couple years away and with you guys moving up to FBS I am sure you will be a thorn in their side on recruiting.

As for Chatty I would predict they start the season 3-0 before losing to Georgia Southern then beat WCU, Furman, and Elon. They should start 6-1 on the year and I'm sure they will be ranked in the top 15 at that point but I predict they lose to App, Samford, and Alabama with a Wofford and Citadel 50/50. A strong start tapers off and they finish 7-5 or 8-4.

UTC going for their first win against Furman in Chattanooga since, I think, 1992. It's been a while.

The Eagle's Cliff
June 24th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mocs should start out 3-0, but the season will end at 5-7 or 6-6. Same old Chatty.

smallcollegefbfan
June 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM
UTC going for their first win against Furman in Chattanooga since, I think, 1992. It's been a while.

Yes it has. I just think on paper they should beat you guys this year. We all know how it goes with Chatty and I said it in my first post. Strong start because of a weak schedule, they beat 1-2 solid teams, but end up with 6-8 wins and I predict 7-5 if I have to pick one.

PaladinFan
June 24th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Yes it has. I just think on paper they should beat you guys this year. We all know how it goes with Chatty and I said it in my first post. Strong start because of a weak schedule, they beat 1-2 solid teams, but end up with 6-8 wins and I predict 7-5 if I have to pick one.

I imagine they will be favored. They were favored last time we went to Chattanooga as well, though.

This is a watershed year for UTC. If they can't make the playoffs this year, I'll be somewhat convinced they will have hit the ceiling with their current regime.

gotts
June 24th, 2013, 09:34 AM
I can't wait for the FCS championship game preview!

chattownmocs
June 25th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Austin Peay

http://nooga.com/162210/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-austin-peay/

Prediction: Can the Govs hang around with the Mocs? Absolutely not. The Mocs will absolutely roll in this tune up 42-3. The Mocs will sit 3-0 as they head to Statesboro.

smallcollegefbfan
June 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Austin Peay

Prediction: Can the Govs hang around with the Mocs? Absolutely not. The Mocs will absolutely roll in this tune up 42-3. The Mocs will sit 3-0 as they head to Statesboro.

Solid write-up but there is no mention of their best defender and NFL prospect DE Iosua Siliva who a lot of scouts have told me they believe has the upside to go from a free agent type to a possible draft pick because of his measurables, athletic ability, and skill set. Never seen these predictions before so not sure what the past record is of the writer. Either way, most of us believe Chatty will go 3-0 but GSU is the start of 4-5 losses as they finish the year 8-4, at best in my mind. I do think with the expanded playoffs they will get in though. I see Chatty as a one and done but I will say with all they have coming back this is the year to make a run or else I doubt it happens in the next 2-3 years.

smallcollegefbfan
June 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I imagine they will be favored. They were favored last time we went to Chattanooga as well, though.

This is a watershed year for UTC. If they can't make the playoffs this year, I'll be somewhat convinced they will have hit the ceiling with their current regime.

I'm with you on that.

Accelerati Incredibilus
June 25th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Austin Peay

And return home from Gnatsboro 3-1 with their tail feathers tucked between their skinny little birdie legs following a solid butt whipping.

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Georgia Southern

http://nooga.com/162255/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-georgia-southern/

Prediction: Chattanooga 27 Georgia Southern 24. Despite this writers opinion Georgia Southern is probably not the superior team. Chattanooga is undoubtedly better at every level defensively and it is highly questionable whether Georgia Southern's D can stop Chattanooga's athletes. The problem with Georgia Southern that you don't see with The Citadel or Wofford this year is the incredible talent in the backfield. You can draw up a defense perfectly, you can be in position and they can still make you miss. This is what plagued the Mocs last year along with 2 terrible special teams turnovers. Make no mistake however, Chattanooga is the better football team. They are going to be in Georgia Southern's backfield all night long. Georgia Southern is going to have to get herculean efforts from their ball carriers to be in this game. They very well might, but will it be enough? Not with Mini Tebow and T-Rob in their 2nd year at their new positions. The combo was all the offense Chattanooga could muster last year and it should have been enough until special teams let the Mocs down early and late. This year should be a different story however with Chattanooga's RBs getting into the act. It will be close. Mini Tebow to T-rob for the game winner with under a minute to go.

eaglewraith
June 27th, 2013, 02:18 PM
NDSU struggled to stop our offense, and they're the best fundamental defense I've seen in this division. We return pretty much everyone on offense. Good luck.

You might have some points on defense, but I don't think we're going to see a tremendous amount of dropoff. Our biggest losses are Wilcox and Eubanks in the secondary, but I think losing JJ will be offset by switching Dobson to Safety who was a MONSTER on Special Teams last year.

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2013, 02:46 PM
NDSU struggled to stop our offense, and they're the best fundamental defense I've seen in this division. We return pretty much everyone on offense. Good luck.

You might have some points on defense, but I don't think we're going to see a tremendous amount of dropoff. Our biggest losses are Wilcox and Eubanks in the secondary, but I think losing JJ will be offset by switching Dobson to Safety who was a MONSTER on Special Teams last year.

24 points is not stopping someone.

PaladinFan
June 27th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Georgia Southern

Prediction: Chattanooga 27 Georgia Southern 24. Despite this writers opinion Georgia Southern is probably not the superior team. Chattanooga is undoubtedly better at every level defensively and it is highly questionable whether Georgia Southern's D can stop Chattanooga's athletes. The problem with Georgia Southern that you don't see with The Citadel or Wofford this year is the incredible talent in the backfield. You can draw up a defense perfectly, you can be in position and they can still make you miss. This is what plagued the Mocs last year along with 2 terrible special teams turnovers. Make no mistake however, Chattanooga is the better football team. They are going to be in Georgia Southern's backfield all night long. Georgia Southern is going to have to get herculean efforts from their ball carriers to be in this game. They very well might, but will it be enough? Not with Mini Tebow and T-Rob in their 2nd year at their new positions. The combo was all the offense Chattanooga could muster last year and it should have been enough until special teams let the Mocs down early and late. This year should be a different story however with Chattanooga's RBs getting into the act. It will be close. Mini Tebow to T-rob for the game winner with under a minute to go.

I realize you speak in ultimatums to get a rise out of people, but in no reality can you support that Georgia Southern is inferior to UTC based on anything that has ever actually happened.

For years, UTC was a "look like Tarzan, play like Jane" football program. They were awful despite some incredible athletes. GSU has been to the semifinals, what, three straight years? What is your definition of superior? The team that impresses getting off the bus, or the team that wins football games?

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I realize you speak in ultimatums to get a rise out of people, but in no reality can you support that Georgia Southern is inferior to UTC based on anything that has ever actually happened.

For years, UTC was a "look like Tarzan, play like Jane" football program. They were awful despite some incredible athletes. GSU has been to the semifinals, what, three straight years? What is your definition of superior? The team that impresses getting off the bus, or the team that wins football games?

He just likes to get a rise. There is no question that as of now GSU is the better program. If you keep saying something will happen it eventually will and then you can rest on that the rest of your life. With Chattownmocs you just have to remember that even a blind squirrel can find a nut once so one day I'm sure they will beat GSU. Although, with GSU moving up that day better come this year or else it never will. I still think GSU wins by 17-20 points in this one.

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2013, 04:58 PM
If a person can't see why someone would believe that Chattanooga will have a better team than GSU in 2013, there is no hope for them.

Silenoz
June 27th, 2013, 04:58 PM

Extreme delusion

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2013, 05:20 PM
If a person can't see why someone would believe that Chattanooga will have a better team than GSU in 2013, there is no hope for them.

I can see why someone would argue that Chatty is going to be a tough win for GSU or it could be a close game but to say UTC will definitely have a better team is delusional. We don't know that. Based on history GSU will likely win. You said before UTC is a winning program when the career record for UTC is indeed BELOW .500.

It just looks like you are being a homer because no major national writer or media outlet is in agreement with you. UTC beat writers don't count either. Let's see when the coaches and media pick the preseason polls.

And for the record, you guys need better play at QB, some playmakers at WR and RB, and a strong year in general on the OL or else the #1 defense won't mean more than a 7-5 or 8-4 record. The offense isn't bad but it's just been average to date. If the offense takes the next step then I'm with you that UTC should be a really good team but there is no history to give you evidence to say you guys will likely win the SoCon and dominate GSU.

If there are some who pick UTC who don't cover UTC then you will have a point but until someone who isn't a Moc fan says it then it just appears to be a homer statement. For example, you say you guys will have 4 draft picks this year when I have looked at your film and talked to NFL scouts who all agreed with me that you guys have 4 possible camp bodies. Nobody says you have more than 1-2 draft picks, at best, and they need a big year just to get drafted. It's called a homer statement when only the people from that school say they are an elite team.

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I can see why someone would argue that Chatty is going to be a tough win for GSU or it could be a close game but to say UTC will definitely have a better team is delusional. We don't know that. Based on history GSU will likely win. You said before UTC is a winning program when the career record for UTC is indeed BELOW .500.

It just looks like you are being a homer because no major national writer or media outlet is in agreement with you. UTC beat writers don't count either. Let's see when the coaches and media pick the preseason polls.

And for the record, you guys need better play at QB, some playmakers at WR and RB, and a strong year in general on the OL or else the #1 defense won't mean more than a 7-5 or 8-4 record. The offense isn't bad but it's just been average to date. If the offense takes the next step then I'm with you that UTC should be a really good team but there is no history to give you evidence to say you guys will likely win the SoCon and dominate GSU.

If there are some who pick UTC who don't cover UTC then you will have a point but until someone who isn't a Moc fan says it then it just appears to be a homer statement. For example, you say you guys will have 4 draft picks this year when I have looked at your film and talked to NFL scouts who all agreed with me that you guys have 4 possible camp bodies. Nobody says you have more than 1-2 draft picks, at best, and they need a big year just to get drafted. It's called a homer statement when only the people from that school say they are an elite team.

Another trash statement by a trash homer. I never said we had for draft picks. You made that up. I said we have 4 players on NFL radars. You are a troll. The all-time history of 2 programs doesn't mean jack. There isn't one shred of relevant history that suggest that GSU could beat Chattanooga by 17-20 if their lives depended on it. There is plenty of relevant evidence to show that Chattanooga will have a better team and beat them. Loads of it. You haven't seen any film that the rest of us don't have access to. I know a hell of a lot more about Chattanooga's football team and likely the game in general, than you will ever know.

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2013, 05:29 PM
For example here is a breakdown of the returning talent compared to GSU.

OL- I would put 4 GSU OL and 1 UTC OL on the preseason All-SoCon list.
QB- I think Huesman is solid but McKinnon is the best player at QB in the SoCon and someone who I think will get drafted.
RB- GSU wins this by a long shot.
WR/TE- UTC has the best TE in the SoCon and I would say they have a slight edge here although GSU has a talented WR and a decent group.
DL- I would put 2 from both teams on the All-SoCon list but give UTC the slight edge because Tull is the best in the league.
LB- I think it's even because Dothard is good for UTC but the others are just average and GSU's group as a unit is slightly better or at least equal.
DB- I have 2 from both teams but I think UTC's 2 are better so I would give them the edge.
K/P- Chatty wins this one by a long shot.

I would put 12-14 from GSU on the preseason teams while putting 8-10 from UTC on the lists.

What is interesting on paper is that UTC looks about equal to App State but App is getting younger this year. You can see they probably have some players better than some starters who will redshirt or won't start the season in the starting lineup because of the whole senior thing. Samford is another one in the same area as App and UTC in terms of talent with about 8-10 preseason All-SoCon candidates.

On paper, I don't think you can really argue that UTC is the best team in the league but you could potentially argue 2-4 range, however, they still need to improve on offense and the OL needs to finally become a strong unit.

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Another trash statement by a trash homer. I never said we had for draft picks. You made that up. I said we have 4 players on NFL radars. You are a troll. The all-time history of 2 programs doesn't mean jack. There isn't one shred of relevant history that suggest that GSU could beat Chattanooga by 17-20 if their lives depended on it. There is plenty of relevant evidence to show that Chattanooga will have a better team and beat them. Loads of it. You haven't seen any film that the rest of us don't have access to. I know a hell of a lot more about Chattanooga's football team and likely the game in general, than you will ever know.

You said you think that UTC will have 4 draft picks this year. And by the way, you spelled four "for". I know you didn't guarantee it but you said they would all go to the combine and likely get drafted. I didn't say there that GSU would beat UTC by 17-20. I just said I don't see where you get they will beat them with so much confidence. What is your all-time record against GSU? I'm not sure. I just know UTC has an all-time losing record as a program, just below .500.

I watched the ODK tape and I actually know what I'm looking for when it comes to NFL prospects. Go pull the ODK tape from GSU, Glenville State, Wofford, App, Samford, and Citadel from last year. That's what I did to rank your guys. Go pull that ODK tape and call a few NFL teams and see if they say exactly what you do and if they would rank UTC players exactly where you would. I said you guys have 4 players getting NFL looks but that only 1-2 would possibly go to the NFL Combine. You said all 4 will go. I'll be curious to see where they end up.

From talking to NFL scouts and my own film evals the best prospects in the SoCon at this point are Jerick McKinnon, Tony Washington, and Dakota Dozier. All 3 of them will even be on the Senior Bowl Watch List coming out in August.

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2013, 05:42 PM
For example here is a breakdown of the returning talent compared to GSU.

OL- I would put 4 GSU OL and 1 UTC OL on the preseason All-SoCon list.
QB- I think Huesman is solid but McKinnon is the best player at QB in the SoCon and someone who I think will get drafted.
RB- GSU wins this by a long shot.
WR/TE- UTC has the best TE in the SoCon and I would say they have a slight edge here although GSU has a talented WR and a decent group.
DL- I would put 2 from both teams on the All-SoCon list but give UTC the slight edge because Tull is the best in the league.
LB- I think it's even because Dothard is good for UTC but the others are just average and GSU's group as a unit is slightly better or at least equal.
DB- I have 2 from both teams but I think UTC's 2 are better so I would give them the edge.
K/P- Chatty wins this one by a long shot.

I would put 12-14 from GSU on the preseason teams while putting 8-10 from UTC on the lists.

What is interesting on paper is that UTC looks about equal to App State but App is getting younger this year. You can see they probably have some players better than some starters who will redshirt or won't start the season in the starting lineup because of the whole senior thing. Samford is another one in the same area as App and UTC in terms of talent with about 8-10 preseason All-SoCon candidates.

On paper, I don't think you can really argue that UTC is the best team in the league but you could potentially argue 2-4 range, however, they still need to improve on offense and the OL needs to finally become a strong unit.

So GSU's O line is better than Chattanooga's D line? I laughed

Which GSU WR is better than Robinson? Even if they were, how the hell does that help them if they don't throw the ball? Do you have any idea how to break down a football game. It doesn't matter if Someone is great if they aren't used. I laughed. By that logic, GSU doesn't have nearly the advantage at RB that you think they do. Chattanooga has several RBs who have shown flashes at some point in their career. And they are actually going to be used this year.

Dothard and Miller are better than any LBs that GSU can throw out there. Again, you just threw that out there without knowing what you are talking about.

The DBs arent even close. One team has good DBs, the other team has crap DBs. How you could rationalize that there is any comparison is unbelievable.

You can throw all that garbage out of the window. They beat us in OT. They finished 1 game ahead. We return 20 starters, they return 13. Their recruiting class sucked, ours was very good. This is why Chattanooga is going to be better. Should be easy for you to digest.

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2013, 05:50 PM
You said you think that UTC will have 4 draft picks this year. And by the way, you spelled four "for". I know you didn't guarantee it but you said they would all go to the combine and likely get drafted. I didn't say there that GSU would beat UTC by 17-20. I just said I don't see where you get they will beat them with so much confidence. What is your all-time record against GSU? I'm not sure. I just know UTC has an all-time losing record as a program, just below .500.

I watched the ODK tape and I actually know what I'm looking for when it comes to NFL prospects. Go pull the ODK tape from GSU, Glenville State, Wofford, App, Samford, and Citadel from last year. That's what I did to rank your guys. Go pull that ODK tape and call a few NFL teams and see if they say exactly what you do and if they would rank UTC players exactly where you would. I said you guys have 4 players getting NFL looks but that only 1-2 would possibly go to the NFL Combine. You said all 4 will go. I'll be curious to see where they end up.

From talking to NFL scouts and my own film evals the best prospects in the SoCon at this point are Jerick McKinnon, Tony Washington, and Dakota Dozier. All 3 of them will even be on the Senior Bowl Watch List coming out in August.

I never said we would have 4 draft picks. I may have said we could have 3 or an outside shot of 4 invited to the combine. You made that up, admit it. I don't care about who you think will get drafted into the NFL. I really don't care, honestly. It means nothing to me. I dont care about your player evaluations. If you truly watched the film of those games, you would know that Chattanooga has a damn good defensive football team.

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2013, 05:51 PM

Which GSU WR is better than Robinson? Even if they were, how the hell does that help them if they don't throw the ball? Do you have any idea how to break down a football game. It doesn't matter if Someone is great if they aren't used. I laughed. By that logic, GSU doesn't have nearly the advantage at RB that you think they do. Chattanooga has several RBs who have shown flashes at some point in their career. And they are actually going to be used this year.

Dothard and Miller are better than any LBs that GSU can throw out there. Again, you just threw that out there without knowing what you are talking about.

The DBs arent even close. One team has good DBs, the other team has crap DBs. How you could rationalize that there is any comparison is unbelievable.

You can throw all that garbage out of the window. They beat us in OT. They finished 1 game ahead. We return 20 starters, they return 13. Their recruiting class sucked, ours was very good. This is why Chattanooga is going to be better. Should be easy for you to digest.

GSU has more All-SoCon players and a better unit in general back on the OL. Who besides Revis is a definite All-SoCon pick in your mind?

I never said that WR had anything to do with it but was just looking at each unit. GSU's WR unit doesn't really matter much so if UTC wins in that it doesn't mean anything in the comparison.

Gunner Miller is solid but not a top 5 LB in the SoCon. GSU has some really good players who haven't played much yet to watch for. Their LB unit will be very solid this year. They don't have a star like Dothard but just a good unit.

GSU has some good athletes in the secondary. They just aren't a great unit and like I said UTC's top 2 DBs are better than GSU's. I gave UTC the edge. With Wilcox gone they definitely win that one.

It was a close game last year but until UTC actually wins you can't say it is a no brainer they will beat them. I think it's a close game for sure. I would say GSU 28-21 over UTC but I don't get where you make it seem like UTC will kill UTC and dominate the SoCon. I don't remember one time where UTC has won more than 8 games in a year. Can they this year? Maybe. I just wouldn't say there is no doubt they will quite yet.

You don't know on the recruiting classes yet until they get on the field. You definitely aren't a coach or pro in the field because anyone will tell you that recruiting classes don't matter until 3-4 years later on. You have no way of knowing for sure your class was better than GSU's. Theirs was solid. I doubt UTC was better though because many of the ones GSU got are FBS caliber recruits who chose GSU knowing that FBS was on the horizon. Same thing happened with ODU and App St.

bjtheflamesfan
June 27th, 2013, 05:54 PM
According to the Georgia Southern Media Guide, the Eagles lead the series 22-4 including a 39-31 victory last season. THe last UTC win in Statesboro (where the game will be this year) came in 2007.

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2013, 05:56 PM
I never said we would have 4 draft picks. I may have said we could have 3 or an outside shot of 4 invited to the combine. You made that up, admit it. I don't care about who you think will get drafted into the NFL. I really don't care, honestly. It means nothing to me. I dont care about your player evaluations. If you truly watched the film of those games, you would know that Chattanooga has a damn good defensive football team.

I never said Chatty was bad on defense. I said it's a good unit. I would put 4 of your players on the preseason first-team but to say that all 4 will go to the combine is not likely. Just because a unit is good doesn't mean they have a lot of NFL studs. You asked on here what the record is for draft picks because Chatty could have 4 invited to the combine. If you are invited to the NFL Scouting Combine you should get drafted. The only FCS players who go and don't are ones with off field issues or ones who have bad pro day workouts. As far as I know none of your 4 you mention have any flags except for Lott and he is your best player of the group, in terms of projecting down the line. I know that Dothard and Key have had the best careers. I think Key will get stronger NFL looks than Dothard but neither are more than a free agent unless they completely blow it up this year.

I'm fairly clued in on the NFL Draft in that just one FCS player was drafted this year who I didn't think would definitely be selected and it was Nate Palmer who went late in the 6th round. I still had him as someone who had an outside shot to go in the 7th though.

Again, just watch when Tony Washington, Dakota Dozier, and Jerick McKinnon are on the Senior Bowl watch list and play in an all-star game as well as go to the NFL Combine with a strong year.

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2013, 05:56 PM
According to the Georgia Souther Media Guide, the Eagles lead the series 22-4 including a 39-31 victory last season. THe last UTC win in Statesboro (where teh game will be this year) came in 2007.

Chattown's expert opinion trumps facts. Don't you know that. :) lol

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2013, 05:59 PM
According to the Georgia Souther Media Guide, the Eagles lead the series 22-4 including a 39-31 victory last season. THe last UTC win in Statesboro (where teh game will be this year) came in 2007.

Relevant - Closely connected or appropriate to the matter at hand.

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2013, 06:04 PM
The flip flops by this guy are laughable. Look, GSU's best hope is that Chattanooga blows it again.

bjtheflamesfan
June 27th, 2013, 06:15 PM
The point in mentioning was twofold:

1) SCF asked what the all time series record was and so I supplied him with that information (and due to a couple typographical errors I did have to go back and fix my post while you both were quoting it)
2) To show that...well...UTC has pretty much been Georgia Southern's (word redacted since this is a family site) with few exceptions

blueballs
June 27th, 2013, 07:38 PM
UTC is loaded... GSU just hopes to keep it close and hope for the inevitable Moc meltdown.

BUT... There are. a few statements here that need clarifying. First, Chatty doesn't have a RB that can hold Swope's jock. Second, GSU returns their entire two deep on the online save for one sub. They are LOADED on the o-line. Third, everybody has conveniently forgotten Josh Rowe, who was a 2 year starter at MLB for GSU AND led the ream in tackles prior to taking a RS last year. He is one of the top LB's in the conference.

GSU is going to miss MPB and Dubose but has great depth on the line. GSU has two major ????'s... the two safety positions and place kicker. If GSU was eligible they would be on the very short list of national title contenders. It is going to take a tremendous effort to beat them in Statesboro.

GATA_Eagles
June 27th, 2013, 07:40 PM
The point in mentioning was twofold:

2)UTC has pretty much been Georgia Southern's (word redacted since this is a family site) with few exceptions

I'll be the first to nominate the description "subservient female dog"

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2013, 08:55 PM
The flip flops by this guy are laughable. Look, GSU's best hope is that Chattanooga blows it again.

I have yet to flip about anything. The entire time I have said your defense is solid but your offense is what is holding you back. You said you were #1 in defense last year yet you didn't win the SoCon? Are you saying your special teams is so bad it consistently costs you games?

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2013, 08:57 PM
UTC is loaded... GSU just hopes to keep it close and hope for the inevitable Moc meltdown.

BUT... There are. a few statements here that need clarifying. First, Chatty doesn't have a RB that can hold Swope's jock. Second, GSU returns their entire two deep on the online save for one sub. They are LOADED on the o-line. Third, everybody has conveniently forgotten Josh Rowe, who was a 2 year starter at MLB for GSU AND led the ream in tackles prior to taking a RS last year. He is one of the top LB's in the conference.

GSU is going to miss MPB and Dubose but has great depth on the line. GSU has two major ????'s... the two safety positions and place kicker. If GSU was eligible they would be on the very short list of national title contenders. It is going to take a tremendous effort to beat them in Statesboro.

Exactly. Rowe is going to be very good and then your OL is the best in the SoCon and one of the top 3-4 in the FCS. I think you guys have 3 lethal runners, that we know of, and then you have the best OL in the SoCon. I firmly predict GSU runs the table in the SoCon with App's only loss coming to GSU and then the 3rd best team in the league wins the auto-bid because App and GSU are not eligible. I do think Samford, Citadel, Wofford, and UTC will all be good or solid teams who either make the playoffs or end the year receiving votes. The SoCon has a lot of talented teams. I would be surprised if WCU doesn't show to be more talented than they have been the last two years.

EKU-n-GSU
June 27th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Exactly. Rowe is going to be very good and then your OL is the best in the SoCon and one of the top 3-4 in the FCS. I think you guys have 3 lethal runners, that we know of, and then you have the best OL in the SoCon. I firmly predict GSU runs the table in the SoCon with App's only loss coming to GSU and then the 3rd best team in the league wins the auto-bid because App and GSU are not eligible. I do think Samford, Citadel, Wofford, and UTC will all be good or solid teams who either make the playoffs or end the year receiving votes. The SoCon has a lot of talented teams. I would be surprised if WCU doesn't show to be more talented than they have been the last two years.

Chatty's delusional rants aside, this is going to prove itself out over the season. Last year we had 4-5 marquee players, but only 1-2 on the field at a time. This year, whether its offense or defense, we're going to have 6-7 very seasoned, very solid players AND a couple of real studs out there at the same time as well. No gaps. Couple that with the construction and move buzz, and Paulson is going to be a fortress.

eaglewraith
June 27th, 2013, 10:27 PM

Oh that makes me laugh. You use stars to evaluate your recruiting class because you know **** all about football. It's really cute that you try so hard.

CID1990
June 27th, 2013, 10:31 PM
I wish football season was all year because

1) football is awesome

2) Chattown disappears when actual football is being played

eaglewraith
June 27th, 2013, 10:41 PM
I wish football season was all year because

1) football is awesome

2) Chattown disappears when actual football is being played

This is the most factual post on this whole thread.

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2013, 11:24 PM
This is the most factual post on this whole thread.

What's funny is that everyone is laughing at his comments yet he claims I flop or that I don't know anything about football despite he has yet to take a friendly bet with me and has yet to beat me head to head on a prediction. Somehow he thinks he knows everything about football despite being proven wrong time and time again. It amuses me now. I enjoy this until the games start and then it's time for the real world in August lol

seantaylor
June 28th, 2013, 02:20 AM
We beat Chatty by as many as Monken feels like. This game will be over by halftime. Monken counting coup this season.

bjtheflamesfan
June 28th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Oh that makes me laugh. You use stars to evaluate your recruiting class because you know **** all about football. It's really cute that you try so hard.

Also, you really can't determine the quality of a recruiting class until their fourth year of eligibility (by which time most would be on track to graduate whether they use a redshirt year or not along the way)

Lehigh'98
June 28th, 2013, 08:21 AM
What's funny is that everyone is laughing at his comments yet he claims I flop or that I don't know anything about football despite he has yet to take a friendly bet with me and has yet to beat me head to head on a prediction. Somehow he thinks he knows everything about football despite being proven wrong time and time again. It amuses me now. I enjoy this until the games start and then it's time for the real world in August lol

You sure he ain't just winding you up and laughing about it??

GATA
June 28th, 2013, 09:21 AM
I've heard this same song and dance for the last 3 years Chattownmocs...

The teams are pretty much even as far as talent (in my opinion). The only difference is that GSU is mentally tougher than UTC and doesn't melt down in crunchtime. GSU also has a superior coaching staff.

That's why UTC has failed to get it done the last 2 years against GSU and failed to make the playoffs since Huesman has been coach. Any fool can see the talent is there. But UTC finds a way to fail despite their talent.

Can you explain that?

smallcollegefbfan
June 28th, 2013, 10:14 AM
We beat Chatty by as many as Monken feels like. This game will be over by halftime. Monken counting coup this season.

I would predict 7-10 but it would not shock me if you did beat them well. The only reason I tend to disagree with you is that I do think UTC will be improved on offense and they only lost by 7 in overtime last year.

smallcollegefbfan
June 28th, 2013, 10:16 AM

Haha. Maybe. I don't get wound up. I just enjoy throwing facts at him and watching him distort the truth or show he really doesn't know much about football. UTC has talent but to say they are definitely going to win the SoCon and they are the superior team is just insane.

smallcollegefbfan
June 28th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I've heard this same song and dance for the last 3 years Chattownmocs...

The teams are pretty much even as far as talent (in my opinion). The only difference is that GSU is mentally tougher than UTC and doesn't melt down in crunchtime. GSU also has a superior coaching staff.

That's why UTC has failed to get it done the last 2 years against GSU and failed to make the playoffs since Huesman has been coach. Any fool can see the talent is there. But UTC finds a way to fail despite their talent.

Can you explain that?

They are talented in areas but not in the most important areas. Yes they have a star DE, LB, CB, S, and DT but their OL is average, lacks consistent QB play, they don't have any stud WRs or RBs and their coaching is not great. There is no question they have some talent but it's just good FCS talent. The teams who are among the top 10 teams or so often have pro talent, great coaching, or they are very good all across the board and UTC still has some holes.

Silenoz
June 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
No, that's just the last bastion of idiots on the interwebs.

Oh, you completely owned me in this argument? Errr... I mean I was just trying to get a reaction out of you the whole time! Yeah... that's the ticket

smallcollegefbfan
June 28th, 2013, 08:53 PM
No, that's just the last bastion of idiots on the interwebs.

Oh, you completely owned me in this argument? Errr... I mean I was just trying to get a reaction out of you the whole time! Yeah... that's the ticket

Exactly!

Accelerati Incredibilus
June 30th, 2013, 09:42 AM

Has to be the case. Nobody is that detached from reality.

chattownmocs
July 2nd, 2013, 02:35 PM
http://www.nooga.com/162294/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-western-carolina/

Game 5: Western Carolina

prediction: Coming back from Statesboro 4-0, about to be 5-0 when Western comes calling. 49-10

eaglewraith
July 2nd, 2013, 05:47 PM

prediction: Coming back from Statesboro 4-0, about to be 5-0 when Western comes calling. 49-10

3-1

seantaylor
July 3rd, 2013, 03:05 AM

LOL. Coming back from Statesboro 3-1 at absolute best.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
July 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
LOL. Coming back from Statesboro 3-1 at absolute best.

and I would not write off WCU as an easy win either. They have shown some improvement in their one-win season and could sneak up on a SoCon foe or two. Quite possibly 3-2 worst case scenario (presuming GSU and WCU wins).

NoDak 4 Ever
July 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM

You're still talking about football, right?

chattownmocs
July 4th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Furman

http://nooga.com/162325/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-furman/

Prediction: The writer seems to think Furman is some sort of great challenge. Can't imagine how or in what area. 34-13 Mocs.

SU DOG
July 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM
How dare that writer to think that UTC will face ANY sort of challenge this year? Why I understand that Nick Saban is already losing sleep while trying to scheme against that Mighty Mocs defense.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM
How dare that writer to think that UTC will face ANY sort of challenge this year? Why I understand that Nick Saban is already losing sleep while trying to scheme against that Mighty Mocs defense.

empirical evidence is a bitch, isn't it?

blueballs
July 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM

....as are both of the Harbaugh brothers.

ThompsonThe
July 4th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Chatty is always a mystery. Has been for many years. Normally never ever lives up to what you think they might do. Enthusiastic fan that wants them to do well every season and then the team lets the one fan down. Complete a season for once.

PaladinFan
July 4th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Furman

http://nooga.com/162325/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-furman/

Prediction: The writer seems to think Furman is some sort of great challenge. Can't imagine how or in what area. 34-13 Mocs.

Perhaps because utc has not beaten furman in Chattanooga since the Clinton administration.

Last year furman was a one man band with a ton of freshmen. Still ,bad when your own sports writers have to put thought to whether the best moc team anyone can remember is better than a furman program at its lowest point sine well the last time utc beat furman in Chattanooga

bjtheflamesfan
July 4th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Perhaps because utc has not beaten furman in Chattanooga since the Clinton administration.

Last year furman was a one man band with a ton of freshmen. Still ,bad when your own sports writers have to put thought to whether the best moc team anyone can remember is better than a furman program at its lowest point sine well the last time utc beat furman in Chattanooga

1993 to be precise. The all-conquering Mocs havent won more than 6 games since 1997 (and havent played Liberty since 2005, when, in the interest of equal time, Liberty finished 1-10 and lost 5 games by 6 points or fewer)

PaladinFan
July 4th, 2013, 05:09 PM
1993 to be precise. The all-conquering Mocs havent won more than 6 games since 1997 (and havent played Liberty since 2005, when, in the interest of equal time, Liberty finished 1-10 and lost 5 games by 6 points or fewer)

That was kind of the boat Furman found itself in last year. 3-8 season, but lost 4 games by less than a touchdown.

Kidding aside, I'm glad to see the beat writer has some respect for Furman. I have no idea what to expect this season, but you have a pretty good quarterback, a good running back, and a road grader left tackle. That gets you a couple of wins, right?

chattownmocs
July 5th, 2013, 11:52 PM
http://nooga.com/162367/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-elon/

Elon

Prediction: Elon could be better defensively. Where will they get any offense? 30-14 Chattanooga.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 6th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Ok. we're finally at it. The magical 7 win barrier that Chattanooga has not surpassed in chattowns lifetime. Let's see how he justifies history being made.

smallcollegefbfan
July 6th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Ok. we're finally at it. The magical 7 win barrier that Chattanooga has not surpassed in chattowns lifetime. Let's see how he justifies history being made.

We need to stop humoring him. I'm getting scared he actually believes they will be 7-0. I could see 5-2, 6-1 best case at this point, but no way 7-0.

bjtheflamesfan
July 9th, 2013, 01:00 PM
The Mocs just not shown the mental cajones the last few years. They have stolen a few here and there, but they have not shown themselves to be the kind of team that can string together 7 straight wins at any point, much less to start the season. They havent even won 7 total games since 1997. Heck that as the last time they had a winning streak of longer than three games (four). Until they can show they have the mental fortitude to get past 6 wins, I really can't buy them as a legitimate threat for their own conference, much less a playoff autobid.

ASUMountaineer
July 10th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Haha. Maybe. I don't get wound up. I just enjoy throwing facts at him and watching him distort the truth or show he really doesn't know much about football. UTC has talent but to say they are definitely going to win the SoCon and they are the superior team is just insane.

This is their best chance with App State and GSU out of the running. If they can get by Samford and WoCo, they may have a shot. However, to guarantee a win given the past two seasons would be insane.

chattownmocs
July 10th, 2013, 12:35 PM
http://nooga.com/162387/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-the-citadel/

The Citadel:

The Citadel is one of the most overrated teams in the nation heading into 2013. They are not a great team by any stretch. The are a definite pretender in the Southern Conference Championship discussion. They do not match up well with Chattanooga. 27-7, Mocs roll.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 10th, 2013, 12:39 PM
http://nooga.com/162387/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-the-citadel/

The Citadel:

The Citadel is one of the most overrated teams in the nation heading into 2013. They are not a great team by any stretch. The are a definite pretender in the Southern Conference Championship discussion. They do not match up well with Chattanooga. 27-7, Mocs roll.

There we go. 8-0. Will there be a parade in downtown Chattanooga? I mean this is a historic occasion with Chatty getting 8 wins for the first time since the Carter administration.

smallcollegefbfan
July 10th, 2013, 12:42 PM
This is their best chance with App State and GSU out of the running. If they can get by Samford and WoCo, they may have a shot. However, to guarantee a win given the past two seasons would be insane.

Definitely. I think Samford, Chattanooga, Citadel, and Wofford are probably the best bets. I still think Wofford takes the auto bid because they know how to win better than any of the others. In terms of pure talent Chatty has a few really talented players but not a great or even real good offense from last year. Then you have Samford who has talent but needs to win games like the App game last year (close and determined in the final minute) before anyone can predict they win the league. This should be interesting because there is no doubt that the two most talented teams, on paper, are both ineligible this year.

ASUMountaineer
July 10th, 2013, 12:42 PM
There we go. 8-0. Will there be a parade in downtown Chattanooga? I mean this is a historic occasion with Chatty getting 8 wins for the first time since the Carter administration.

Nah, you're not counting the moral victories. Chatty's just adding trophies at this point. They prefer to act like they've been there before, so they won't hold a parade until they finally end the SEC's run of BCS titles. Which, of course, will be this season. BEAT BAMA!

smallcollegefbfan
July 10th, 2013, 12:44 PM

We all know Chattanooga won't be 8-0. I do think they will be 6-2 through 8 games though. I think GSU is a loss and then they split Citadel and Furman. I think it all falls apart at 6-2. They lose 3 of the last 4, maybe all 4. My prediction is they end up 6-6 or 7-5 with 8-4 being best case but that means they have to beat Furman and Citadel to be 7-1 through 8 games or beat Wofford, which I think will be tough.

smallcollegefbfan
July 10th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Nah, you're not counting the moral victories. Chatty's just adding trophies at this point. They prefer to act like they've been there before, so they won't hold a parade until they finally end the SEC's run of BCS titles. Which, of course, will be this season. BEAT BAMA!

That Alabama game is going to be rough for them. Alabama can beat them by 70 if they want. I think they win by 40 but could make it much worse. Alabama has some really good young players who should finally see the field and be in the groove by that game.

Apphole
July 10th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Definitely. I think Samford, Chattanooga, Citadel, and Wofford are probably the best bets. I still think Wofford takes the auto bid because they know how to win better than any of the others. In terms of pure talent Chatty has a few really talented players but not a great or even real good offense from last year. Then you have Samford who has talent but needs to win games like the App game last year (close and determined in the final minute) before anyone can predict they win the league. This should be interesting because there is no doubt that the two most talented teams, on paper, are both ineligible this year.

I'm still convinced that Wofford falls off this year. They lost their entire offense in EB and their DC to App as well as a few other important seniors. I respect Mike Ayers as much as anyone, but I don't think they do as well as they're used to this year.

I think Chatty, Sammy and El Cid will the the eligible top 3 (3-5 counting App and Stink).

NoDak 4 Ever
July 10th, 2013, 12:52 PM

Not gonna lie. This has been one of the more entertaining threads this off-season.

smallcollegefbfan
July 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I'm still convinced that Wofford falls off this year. They lost their entire offense in EB and their DC to App as well as a few other important seniors. I respect Mike Ayers as much as anyone, but I don't think they do as well as they're used to this year.

I think Chatty, Sammy and El Cid will the the eligible top 3 (3-5 counting App and Stink).

I feel the same way but those teams still have to win. They always lay a goose egg. This is the year for them to prove they can get over the hump. Until they do it's tough to do it.

SU DOG
July 10th, 2013, 02:54 PM
One thing that will really work against Samford is the schedule. It looks to be a brutal October as we have 4 straight AWAY games against ASU, Wofford, The Citadel, and Furman. A bye week after the App State game will do very little to help with this grind. NOT offered up as an excuse by any means, as I still expect a big season. There is no arguing, however, that consecutive long bus trips do take a toll on players.

ASUMountaineer
July 10th, 2013, 03:27 PM
One thing that will really work against Samford is the schedule. It looks to be a brutal October as we have 4 straight AWAY games against ASU, Wofford, The Citadel, and Furman. A bye week after the App State game will do very little to help with this grind. NOT offered up as an excuse by any means, as I still expect a big season. There is no arguing, however, that consecutive long bus trips do take a toll on players.

That is tough.

chattownmocs
July 10th, 2013, 03:47 PM
http://www.nooga.com/162409/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-appalachian-state/

App State:

More amateur-hour antics by this writer. It's not going to be a high scoring game. App State has 1 advantage in the ball game and it is their passing game against our pass defense. With that said, it isn't like our secondary sucks, it is the best in the conference and maybe the country. We may not be able to run the ball, they definitely can't stop the run. This game is going to be played late in the year which is a big change to the last 3 years. App will keep it close at home, the Mocs will prevail late. 24-16.

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2013, 03:49 PM

App State:

More amateur-hour antics by this writer. It's not going to be a high scoring game. App State has 1 advantage in the ball game and it is their passing game against our pass defense. With that said, it isn't like our secondary sucks, it is the best in the conference and maybe the country. We may not be able to run the ball, they definitely can't stop the run. This game is going to be played late in the year which is a big change to the last 3 years. App will keep it close at home, the Mocs will prevail late. 24-16.

xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
July 10th, 2013, 03:51 PM
xlolx

Yeah, I'm not sure even he believes any of this ****.

BisonFan02
July 10th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure even he believes any of this ****.

He lost me at "best secondary in the country" and general sentence structure. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.

Saint3333
July 10th, 2013, 03:57 PM
"The Mountaineers have to be the favorites heading in, just as they have been in their last four meetings with UTC."

Daddy 28 - UTC 17.

Apphole
July 10th, 2013, 05:57 PM
"Mocs prevail late"

When have they ever xlolx

Apphole
July 10th, 2013, 05:59 PM
And Nooga doesn't have the best secondary in the SoCon. I know App's is particularly stout this year as well as Southern.

CID1990
July 10th, 2013, 06:08 PM

App State:

The only thing the Mocs do late is fold like origami.

asumike83
July 10th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Hmm... App's one advantage is passing against the UTC defense, who has the best secondary in the country. Que?

Accelerati Incredibilus
July 10th, 2013, 08:23 PM

App State:

Hate to break this to you bird brain but this one ain't even going to be close. Apps run away early and cruise to the win. With the realization he will be 0-fer forever against ASU, a crazed Huesman shouts obscenities at Moc fans who are chastising him from the stands.

ASUMountaineer
July 11th, 2013, 07:53 AM

App State:

Big shout out to the man upstairs for letting this continue. Bravo!

This may be chattown's best work yet! xlolx

FCSfan
July 11th, 2013, 09:07 AM
hello gentlemen
been following this fcs discussion for several years now and finally took the opportunity to join.
I've been to fcs games from montana to dallas (title game) and new hampshire to florida a&m and love fcs football.
I follow the caa and socon closely but follow the fcs as a whole.
I thought since this forum is extremely biased (although very entertaining) I would add feeble yet unbiased opinions.

having typed all that garbage.....my first post should be to ask chattownmocs if he/she is for real?

CID1990
July 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
hello gentlemen
been following this fcs discussion for several years now and finally took the opportunity to join.
I've been to fcs games from montana to dallas (title game) and new hampshire to florida a&m and love fcs football.
I follow the caa and socon closely but follow the fcs as a whole.
I thought since this forum is extremely biased (although very entertaining) I would add feeble yet unbiased opinions.

having typed all that garbage.....my first post should be to ask chattownmocs if he/she is for real?

He's usually for real until about the 4th week of each season.

Then he cannot be found.

FCSfan
July 11th, 2013, 09:14 AM
as a general discussion point, I wonder what opinions app and gsu fans have about the new travel sites in 2014 and whether or not their respective schools will attend far away campuses that aren't "big name" programs...

FCSfan
July 11th, 2013, 09:16 AM
I have noticed that in the past few seasons. cid1990....how do you like the bulldog's chances this year?

Silenoz
July 11th, 2013, 12:38 PM
it is the best in the conference and maybe the country

xawesomex

CID1990
July 11th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I have noticed that in the past few seasons. cid1990....how do you like the bulldog's chances this year?

I am a lot like Chattown. For the last three seasons I have picked UTC to be much better in the standings than they ultimately wound up. I'm picking them to win the conference title this year.

I think the at large is going to come down between Samford and The Citadel, but to be honest I think that Wofford, UTC, Samford and El Cid are all pretty much interchangeable in the top 4 right now. The good news is that we play Wofford in Charleston the second week of the season, so that result will give us all an idea of the pecking order early.

AppMan
July 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM
as a general discussion point, I wonder what opinions app and gsu fans have about the new travel sites in 2014 and whether or not their respective schools will attend far away campuses that aren't "big name" programs...

I am honestly welcoming the change. While this may sound a tad strange let me explain. Living near Charlotte I am within a 4 hour drive of all but 2 SoCon opponents. Being a guy who thinks he MUST see every game possible I usually attend at least 10 and more often than not all 11 regular season games. Yes I was at Michigan, LSU, Florida and am headed to Montana and Georgia this year. When you toss in the playoffs a football season can get very time consuming AND expensive. Those 45 games in 3 years were especially brutal on me and my wallet. I also love to surf fish on the Outer Banks of NC, but have been unable to do so lately since prime fishing is during from the middle of October through Thanksgiving. Next year we plan on starting with 1 long conference road trip per year until we hit all the schools. I am not getting any younger and the break will give me some time to rest & recuperate. Thanks to internet TV I'll be able to watch the remaining games.

seantaylor
July 11th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Chatty corralling arrests like thUGA

CID1990
July 11th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks to internet TV I'll be able to watch the remaining games.

WUT?

AppMan
July 11th, 2013, 07:55 PM
WUT?

Internet TV will be how most schools outside the Power Conferences will be seen in the coming years. There is only so much cash to go around and the big boys are scooping it up as fast as the major networks toss it out. That unfortunately means TV dollars for the Group of Five conferences will decrease, or at least level out, and will be non existent for FCS schools. NBC Sports Network used the CAA as a testing ground, didn't pay them a dime, and will jump completely into the FBS picture in the next year or so. IMO, in the long run it will bring some sanity into these ridiculous far-flung conference alliances. Without TV revenues to off set travel to faraway places budgets will force schools to realign into regional groups. Just my highly informed .02 worth.

CID1990
July 12th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Internet TV will be how most schools outside the Power Conferences will be seen in the coming years. There is only so much cash to go around and the big boys are scooping it up as fast as the major networks toss it out. That unfortunately means TV dollars for the Group of Five conferences will decrease, or at least level out, and will be non existent for FCS schools. NBC Sports Network used the CAA as a testing ground, didn't pay them a dime, and will jump completely into the FBS picture in the next year or so. IMO, in the long run it will bring some sanity into these ridiculous far-flung conference alliances. Without TV revenues to off set travel to faraway places budgets will force schools to realign into regional groups. Just my highly informed .02 worth.

I agree with you, I was just surprised to hear it. To hear some guys, the biggest complaint about the SoCon was TV exposure and how the Sun Belt is somehow going to solve that.

I have a GoASU account and to be honest I prefer the Internet feed over TV sometimes because the color commentary is better. The same goes for El Cid's account. The picture is better on TV but I think that gap is closing some.

AppMan
July 12th, 2013, 08:28 AM
I agree with you, I was just surprised to hear it. To hear some guys, the biggest complaint about the SoCon was TV exposure and how the Sun Belt is somehow going to solve that.

I have a GoASU account and to be honest I prefer the Internet feed over TV sometimes because the color commentary is better. The same goes for El Cid's account. The picture is better on TV but I think that gap is closing some.

The problem with ESPN3 is their steaming is so erratic and there are so few games to choose from. What would you think about the ability to get your schools games in HD quality on your flat screen, tablet and phone? Huge improvement over Newlion and other broadband service providers. Probably a year away and can't say much more about it yet.

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2013, 08:40 AM
The problem with ESPN3 is their steaming is so erratic and there are so few games to choose from. What would you think about the ability to get your schools games in HD quality on your flat screen, tablet and phone? Huge improvement over Newlion and other broadband service providers. Probably a year away and can't say much more about it yet.

I would rather have them on my flat screen TV than tablet or phone because the picture is bigger. I'll always watch games on TV or coach's tape but I do think fans will enjoy being able to see them on the go. I have been hearing that schools and the NCAA are working on this and I hope it does happen in the next year.

CID1990
July 12th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I would rather have them on my flat screen TV than tablet or phone because the picture is bigger. I'll always watch games on TV or coach's tape but I do think fans will enjoy being able to see them on the go. I have been hearing that schools and the NCAA are working on this and I hope it does happen in the next year.

I just run a cable from my laptop to my TV. Grainy, but not as much as it was a couple years ago.

BisonFan02
July 12th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I just run a cable from my laptop to my TV. Grainy, but not as much as it was a couple years ago.

I use my Xbox 360 with ESPN3....wish they would put ESPN3 on the Roku box.

eaglewraith
July 12th, 2013, 10:13 PM

I can do it right now with Georgia Southern's streaming service....at least for home games.

eaglewraith
August 29th, 2013, 10:10 PM
UT Martin
http://www.nooga.com/162137/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-ut-martin/

Chattowns prediction: Mocs roll. 31-10

Well part of that was right I guess.

ASUMountaineer
August 29th, 2013, 10:24 PM

This is awesomely awesome! God, I love football season!

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 29th, 2013, 10:35 PM

Yeah. They rolled all right. Rolled over and died.

SpiritCymbal
August 30th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Georgia Southern

Prediction: Chattanooga 27 Georgia Southern 24. Despite this writers opinion Georgia Southern is probably not the superior team. Chattanooga is undoubtedly better at every level defensively...They are going to be in Georgia Southern's backfield all night long. Georgia Southern is going to have to get herculean efforts from their ball carriers to be in this game.
Rushing Leaders

Tennessee-Martin
CAR
YDS
AVG
TD
LG

McNeil (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/506084/dj-mcneil)

Garland (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/532531/trent-garland)

I think we'll be ok......

TennBison
October 6th, 2013, 08:19 AM

How is that 5-0 start going for you. Let me get out my handy dandy internet fact checker thingy and look this up.........(looking but not for long)........ oppps I see one lose(in the very first game none the less).........(looking some more)..........wow, now I see another . Do you count those two loses as moral victory's. Because otherwise it would seem to me that your record is 3-2 and not 5-0 you predicted.

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Where's the Samford and Alabama predictions? I'm so nervous to find out whether or not Tide's inferior offense has any hope against the mighty Moc defense that I'm sure is stronger than Bama's position by position.

DrStrangelove
October 7th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Samford has just announced the Bulldogs are forfeiting the UTC game. Rather than risk injuries in a stone-cold, lead-pipe lock, Samford will just take the "L" and move on.

Also, Nick Saban has asked Huesman if Bryant-Denny Stadium can use a running clock for the entire game.