PDA

View Full Version : UND announces home and home games with MVFC foes

darell1976
June 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=208419968

Faison announced on Tuesday that UND will play home-and-home series with old rival South Dakota and new foe Missouri State, who are both members of the Missouri Valley Football Conference. UND will also play a home game against Drake of the Pioneer League in 2015.

UND and Missouri State will clash on the gridiron for the first time on Sept. 13, 2014. The Bears will play a return game in Grand Forks on Sept. 8, 2018.

UND and Drake will square off for the just the second time in program history on Sept. 12, 2015, at the Alerus Center. The two teams met in 2011 when UND shut out the Bulldogs 16-0 in the season opener.

UND will renew one of its oldest rivalries in 2016 when South Dakota returns to the Alerus Center on Sept. 17 for the 94th meeting between the two schools. By that time, four seasons will have passed since the two squads played arguably one of the most memorable games in a series that UND leads 59-29-5.

UND rallied from a 20-point deficit in the fourth quarter to post a thrilling 38-37 victory over the Coyotes, clinching a share of the Great West Championship.

The Green and White will return to Vermillion, S.D., in 2017 (Sept. 16), which will be UND’s first trip to the DakotaDome since the 2010 season.

2014:

@ San Jose St
vs Robert Morris
@ Missouri State
Open (if they want a 12th game)

2015:

@ Wyoming
vs Drake
Open

2016:

@ Bowling Green
vs South Dakota
Open

2017:

@ Utah
@ South Dakota
Open

2018:

@ Washington
vs Missouri State
Open

There may be more scheduling tweets coming as one of the coaches said UND's schedule looks to be done through 2020. Of course with teams moving into the FBS and if/when there is a FBS split that may alter these games as well.

IBleedYellow
June 18th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Damn that title....

I dislike you right now Darrell. More than normal, I should say.

darell1976
June 18th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Damn that title....

I dislike you right now Darrell. More than normal, I should say.

NDSU, UNI or SIU may be in there too, I know UND fans would love to see all 3 of those teams. NDSU hasn't played since 03, UNI hasn't played them since 07, and SIU haven't played them since 08. I still would like to see UND do a Dakota rotation where we play at least one Dakota team a year.