PDA

View Full Version : 19 Southland Games Set for TV This Season

SamIam
June 12th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Not bad...

The Southland Conference will feature its largest television schedule in league history with 19 games scheduled for broadcast during the 2013 season, the conference announced Tuesday.

The Southland Conference Television Network will continue to syndicate some of the league’s top matchups on affiliated stations throughout the region, while exclusive packages on ESPN3 and Comcast SportsNet Houston are new additions.

- See more at: http://www.southland.org/Sports/Football/FootballArticle/tabid/296/article/11642/Southland-Announces-2013-Football-Broadcast-Schedule.aspx#sthash.OEoNlvPm.dpuf

lionsrking2
June 12th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Not bad...

Continue to be impressed with the growth of the SLC TV/Online package ... big props to Tom Burnett, Chris Mycoskie and the rest who work to make it happen.

rokamortis
June 12th, 2013, 03:00 PM
ESPN3 is considered TV? I know the games are well produced but it seems disingenuous to call them 'TV' games.

TheRevSFA
June 12th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Seeing as how our games are competing against the Big 12, the SEC, the occasional CUSA televised game, this is a big step up..

BEAR
June 12th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Since I can't make all the away games it's fantastic to see it 1) on tv or 2) on the web. Plus to see battles like Sam/SFA or McNeese/whoever is great news. I'll take it!

lionsrking2
June 12th, 2013, 04:01 PM
ESPN3 is considered TV? I know the games are well produced but it seems disingenuous to call them 'TV' games.

Not in the classic sense, but it's broadly available, doesn't require a subscription and one's TV can serve as a monitor to get a quality TV feel. The casual or accidental viewer likely won't be tuning in, but recruits and supporters from all over the country probably will. Like Rev stated, it's "a big step up."

rokamortis
June 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Not in the classic sense, but it's broadly available, doesn't require a subscription and one's TV can serve as a monitor to get a quality TV feel. The casual or accidental viewer likely won't be tuning in, but recruits and supporters from all over the country probably will. Like Rev stated, it's "a big step up."

I love ESPN3, I'm just questioning how it is being branded. I wouldn't consider it TV. If you could easily get it on a TV, like with a Roku, AppleTv, X-Box or connected tv app, but even then it is still streaming.

BEAR
June 12th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Hey if its a digital signal that I can send through my xbox or wii system to my tv, that's no different than any other digital station I receive..It's just one extra step to get it to my TV.

GAD
June 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM
xthumbsupx

lionsrking2
June 12th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I love ESPN3, I'm just questioning how it is being branded. I wouldn't consider it TV. If you could easily get it on a TV, like with a Roku, AppleTv, X-Box or connected tv app, but even then it is still streaming.

Not sure it really matters how it's branded as long as folks who are interested in watching know where and how to find it. Bottom line is the SLC has done a great job putting together a network of "free" or non-subscription viewing options for our fans, whether it be on traditional TV or on the web.

Sammy94
June 12th, 2013, 04:27 PM
2pm??? Love those games in Sept.!!!! NOT!!! xoopsx The EWU football team will love it even more. As for the TSU game, may have to escape the heat at halftime since that one should be over way before then.

Sammy94
June 12th, 2013, 04:35 PM
the Southland TV Network will broadcast a wild-card selection Nov. 23, determining the day’s top conference game as it draws closer.

I think we all know where that one will be.

BEAR
June 12th, 2013, 06:13 PM

No idea. Give us a hint.

Sammy94
June 13th, 2013, 07:56 AM
No idea. Give us a hint.

http://www.southland.org/DesktopModules/DigArticle/MediaHandler.ashx?portalid=0&moduleid=1625&mediaid=5786&width=630&height=354

BEAR
June 13th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Screw these afternoon games. What's the deal with nearly all our home games being at 3 p.m.???????????? Really? Tailgate at 9 a.m. for breakfast? Setup has to be at least 3 hours before gametime. Man its going to be a 4 a.m. baggo tourney at this pace.

Day Date Opponent Location Time/Result Live Stats Details
Thu. 8/29/2013 University of the Incarnate Word CONWAY 7:00 p.m. Details
Sat. 9/7/2013 Colorado Boulder, Colo. 7:00 P.M. Details
Sat. 9/14/2013 University of Tennessee at Martin Martin, TN 6:00 P.M. Details
Sat. 9/21/2013 Missouri State University Springfield, MO 7:00 PM Details
Sat.-Sat. 10/5-5/2013 McNeese State University CONWAY 3:00 p.m. Details
Sat.-Sat. 10/12-12/2013 Nebraska Kearney CONWAY 4:00 p.m. Details
Sat. 10/19/2013 Lamar University Beaumont, TX 6:00 PM Details
Sat. 10/26/2013 Stephen F. Austin CONWAY 3:00 PM Details
Sat. 11/2/2013 Northwestern State University Natchitoches, LA 7:00 PM Details
Sat. 11/9/2013 Southeastern Louisiana University CONWAY 7:00 p.m. Details
Sat. 11/16/2013 Nicholls State University Thibodaux, LA 3:00 PM Details
Sat. 11/23/2013 Sam Houston State University CONWAY 3:00 p.m. Details

TheRevSFA
June 13th, 2013, 08:31 AM

Unless SFA and NW State have a good year, then it's always the battle for Chief Caddo

Sammy94
June 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Tailgate at 9 a.m. for breakfast?

Sam schedules games like this all the time, here is the way I do it.
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/ShinerBock.png

plus

http://www.whataburger.com/files/food/129854608176670505Canvas-menu-photos0016TaquitoTrio.jpg

TheRevSFA
June 13th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Sam schedules games like this all the time, here is the way I do it.
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/ShinerBock.png

plus

http://www.whataburger.com/files/food/129854608176670505Canvas-menu-photos0016TaquitoTrio.jpg

Starting to tailgate at 8am is normal.

BEAR
June 13th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I think UCA being fairly new to decent tailgating, even with the prestigious award given recently xlolx, really doesn't allow tailgating near the stadium until about 6-9 hours before gametime. No night before parties that I've heard McNeese does. No drinking on campus unless you have it in that Red Solo cup. xlolx But it has gotten better. Many times I've had my tent set up early morning and when the pig game finishes they crowd rolls in...its a culture that has to change before we can take our tailgating to the "McNeese" level. Hopefully soon.

TheRevSFA
June 13th, 2013, 01:27 PM
That reminds me..94..I am going to wait for you this year at our tailgate, seeing as how I made my Sam trip last year and missed running into you.

Sammy94
June 13th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I think UCA being fairly new to decent tailgating
Its ok Bear, winning has a thing to do with that also. The tailgating at Sam is totally different then it was 5 years ago so we are all kinda new to it. I don't think we will ever compare to McNeese but its much better now then it ever has been.

That reminds me..94..I am going to wait for you this year at our tailgate, seeing as how I made my Sam trip last year and missed running into you.

You came to a Sam game last year? I'll find you at BOTPW if nothing else and yes i'll have your beer.

McNeese72
June 13th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I think UCA being fairly new to decent tailgating, even with the prestigious award given recently xlolx,

I don't think that guy has ever been to Cowboy Stadium. I think he was blinded by the purple and gray turf. ;)

Doc

TheRevSFA
June 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Its ok Bear, winning has a thing to do with that also. The tailgating at Sam is totally different then it was 5 years ago so we are all kinda new to it. I don't think we will ever compare to McNeese but its much better now then it ever has been.

You came to a Sam game last year? I'll find you at BOTPW if nothing else and yes i'll have your beer.

I meant my trip to the Sam tailgating lot. I did go to the Sam vs Texas Southern game at BBVA though.

Sammy94
June 13th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I did go to the Sam vs Texas Southern game at BBVA though.

One of the 14?? xlolx Hopefully I'll get to the BOTPW a bit earlier this year and not get stopped by people trying to get me drunk. I haven't forgot about the beer.

gokats85
June 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I meant my trip to the Sam tailgating lot. I did go to the Sam vs Texas Southern game at BBVA though.

He was there, I'm a witness!xbeerchugx