PDA

View Full Version : East Tennessee State: Former Appalachian State head coach Jerry Moore has expressed i

whoanellie
June 10th, 2013, 06:47 PM
from F/B Scoop: East Tennessee State: Former Appalachian State head coach Jerry Moore has expressed interest in the head coaching job according to the Johnson City Press.

asumike83
June 10th, 2013, 06:49 PM
From what I've heard, he is a long shot at best. I'd be very surprised if he got the job but if ETSU did hire him, I think he could do some good things and I'd definitely be rooting for the Bucs.

citdog
June 10th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Guess he had a buddy help him pull that knife out of his back.

DFW HOYA
June 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM
ETSU should go for a Bobby Wilder type. A new team needs a more agressive HC and not one who is moving into retirement.

Brad82
June 10th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Moore would be great choice.

whoanellie
June 10th, 2013, 07:04 PM
http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/108350/moore-still-wants-to-coach

Accelerati Incredibilus
June 10th, 2013, 10:52 PM

Making sarcastic comments on things you have no first hand knowledge of isn't very smart. Jerry Moore agreed to a deal then tried to force the school into something else. He tried to play the poor old coach who gave everything and is now being forced out ploy. Instead of doing what he agreed Coach Moore took his poor, poor, pitiful me sob story to the press. It came back to bite him when the university released emails released clearly showing his "blind sided" comments to be totally untrue. Jerry Moore knew exactly what he had agreed to. He could have gone out a living legend but unfortunately he thought he was bigger than the school. He tried to get some heavy hitters to put pressure on the Chancellor and it backfired and the old coach quickly realized he didn't have nearly as much clout as he thought. The truly sad thing is lot of people in Boone who once held Coach Moore in such high regard lost a lot of respect for him.

T-Dog
June 11th, 2013, 04:59 AM
In his book, Moore felt that he was "blindsided" at Texas Tech despite never winning more than four games in a season over five years from 1981-1985.

Regardless, Moore is a longhshot at best for ETSU. They've had their eyes on Carl Torbush for weeks now.

walliver
June 11th, 2013, 06:53 AM
I think he'd be a bad choice.

He accomplished a lot at ASU, but it is time for him to retire.

IF hired at ETSU, I would anticipate him hanging on too long and putting a cloud over the program.

ETSU may not play in the SoCon until 2015 or 2016, and it will take a few years to get up to speed. They really need a younger coach.

ASUMountaineer
June 11th, 2013, 08:48 AM

Weaksauce. xsmhx

Apphole
June 11th, 2013, 08:51 AM

Inform Yosef.

also, this:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?130095-The-Official-Citdog-Crow-Eating-Thread&highlight=