PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Heart FB-what happened here?

Brad82
June 4th, 2013, 04:09 PM
http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/SHU-football-Gorham-part-ways-4572846.php#photo-3275937

What the dileo?

Laker
June 4th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Gorham had a double lung transplant last year and had both of his legs amputated. And now he is not longer associated with Sacred Heart FB? What did he do, threaten the Pope???

rokamortis
June 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
With knowing nothing about the situation - it appears that he may not be able to fulfill all of the duties of his position.

Brad82
June 4th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Yes,but couldn't they move him into a asst. HC or similar gig?
The christian thing to do.

rokamortis
June 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Yes,but couldn't they move him into a asst. HC or similar gig?
The christian thing to do.

He may have just resigned - who knows?

I'm not sure if creating a position is 'the christian' thing to do or not. I imagine they'd go bankrupt if they created a position for every employee that has a medical hardship.

aceinthehole
June 4th, 2013, 04:27 PM
I assume they just bought him out.

Brad82
June 4th, 2013, 04:29 PM
It sure sends the kids a helluva message.

Go...gate
June 4th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Can't help thinking of the late Dan Allen at Holy Cross. Cross seemed to really extend themselves for him right up to the time of his death.

Bobby Waters at Western Carolina also comes to mind. WCU really seemed to support him.

aceinthehole
June 4th, 2013, 05:59 PM
He may have just resigned - who knows?

I'm not sure if creating a position is 'the christian' thing to do or not. I imagine they'd go bankrupt if they created a position for every employee that has a medical hardship.

Exactly!
http://www.sacredheartpioneers.com/sports/m-footbl/2012-13/releases/20120803ebunhx

Its not like they didn't bring him back with open arms, raise money and support him. How long do you expect them to stay financially and legally obligated to him - forever?

I think this is a non-issue.

Franks Tanks
June 4th, 2013, 07:30 PM
It sure sends the kids a helluva message.

I'm sure the kids all love their former coach and wish him well, but they deserve a coach who is able to perform the duties of his position. I hope Coach recovers and leads a quality life.

Bogus Megapardus
June 4th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Certainly the university could have provided better detail about the terms of Coach Gorham's departure. It doesn't make a lot of sense to leave the situation to speculation.

Bisonoline
June 4th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Certainly the university could have provided better detail about the terms of Coach Gorham's departure. It doesn't make a lot of sense to leave the situation to speculation.

What speculation? As far as I am concerned its pretty obvious.

blackbeard
June 5th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Exactly!
http://www.sacredheartpioneers.com/sports/m-footbl/2012-13/releases/20120803ebunhx

Its not like they didn't bring him back with open arms, raise money and support him. How long do you expect them to stay financially and legally obligated to him - forever?

I think this is a non-issue.

Well said. At some point the interim coach has go from being a caretaker to being responsible and running the program. I imagine more information will come out soon that will help clear up the issue.