PDA

View Full Version : UVA's Phillip Sims leaning towards Liberty?

knucklehead
June 4th, 2013, 08:25 AM
You guys probably know by now that UVA QB Phillip Sims (formerly Alabama) Left the program last week. Well now UVA beat writer Michael Phillips Of the Richmond Times tweeted this yesterday.

‏@michaelpRTD
Hearing that Liberty is a top contender for former #UVa QB Phillip Sims. ODU is not in the running.

I have mixed emotions about this because I think Josh Woodrum has a tremendous future ahead of him. But if you can get a talent like Sims it may be hard to refuse. Maybe Wildcat?

Also hearing rumors that UVA transferring RB Clifton Richardson is strongly considering LU as well.

Thoughts?

walliver
June 4th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I've never cared much for journeyman players. He may have talent, but there appear to be issues that have prevented him from reaching his potential.

andy7171
June 4th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Alabama, UVa, now something new? Me thinks he not choosing schools for an education.

JMUNJ08
June 4th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Alabama, UVa, now something new? Me thinks he not choosing schools for an education.

He went up in the education part when selecting UVA, just chose not to participate in the education part...

But I agree with the earlier posts, I would not touch him for JMU. There comes a time when too much movement starts to speak of issues on/off the field that makes them transfer. Once, ok, but twice (playing/ academic), I'll take Birdsong...

pike51
June 4th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Sounds like one of the Force kids. I feel sorry for wherever he lands.

PAllen
June 4th, 2013, 12:33 PM
So, if you transfer out of UVa, you head down the road to Richmond. Or if that's not your style, you head the other way to Liberty. Is it just me or do an oddly high number of UVa transfers stay in the Commonwealth?

cmaxwellgsu
June 4th, 2013, 12:42 PM
If Liberty has a home grown player, they would be way better sticking with him rather than trying to catch a falling star. While I know nothing of his circumstances, a third "fresh start" just screams red flag.

knucklehead
June 4th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Yea like I said. I like Josh Woodrum A LOT! I trust Coach Gill, but I don't know how I'll feel if this happens.

On the other hand, if Flames Nation is right and RB Clifton Richardson is coming, I'm On Board. http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/2013/06/is-clifton-richardson-headed-to-liberty.html Contrary to that post though, Coach London stated he left UVA in good academic standing in this WP article. http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-05-16/sports/39307050_1_mike-london-spring-practice-depth-chart