PDA

View Full Version : Question for ASU and GSU fans...

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
How embarrassing will it be to report to the Sun Belt after the striping that you will receive from Chattanooga this year?

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 3rd, 2013, 11:37 AM
What's your team's record in Statesboro again?

Apphole
June 3rd, 2013, 11:46 AM
Why just us? Any team losing to chatty is an embarrassment.

And Chattown, I'll take a 12" on Italian Herbs and Cheese....

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2013, 11:48 AM
What's your team's record in Statesboro again?

Where? ...Oh, sorry. For a second there I thought you may be speaking of a venue that someone would be intimidated of, or maybe even care about. I don't care if we are playing you in Statesboro, Chattanooga, or Baghdad. We are going to F you up.

Saint3333
June 3rd, 2013, 11:50 AM
October is coming.

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid.

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
They're back!

NoDak 4 Ever
June 3rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
God damnit, who keeps moving the rock he hides under?

ASUMountaineer
June 3rd, 2013, 12:07 PM
How embarrassing will it be to report to the Sun Belt after the striping that you will receive from Chattanooga this year?

xlolx This should end well...

Apphole
June 3rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid.

One thing I'm not afraid of is the second worse offense in the SoCon from last year.

I'm also not worried about any SoCon defense with the offense App is working with this year. We'll score 30+ on Chatty.

cmaxwellgsu
June 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM

We're not too worried. Even if y'all stripe us for three quarters, your chokers will give it all back plus two touchdown in the fourth.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 3rd, 2013, 12:46 PM
Where? ...Oh, sorry. For a second there I thought you may be speaking of a venue that someone would be intimidated of, or maybe even care about. I don't care if we are playing you in Statesboro, Chattanooga, or Baghdad. We are going to F you up.

It's very rare that GSU loses at home by more than a touchdown, especially in a year like this when we will almost certainly have a winning season.

If you want to take up an avatar bet on the game let me know. Gamble on the game at your own peril. xcoolx

Apphole
June 3rd, 2013, 12:53 PM
It's very rare that GSU loses at home by more than a touchdown, especially in a year like this when we will almost certainly have a winning season.

If you want to take up an avatar bet on the game let me know. Gamble on the game at your own peril. xcoolx

Yeah right. He runs and hides from AGS every fall after UTC puts on it's typical mediocre show. No way he has the balls to actually follow through when he loses and avatar bet.

blueballs
June 3rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
I say this every year but Chatty really has no excuse for not defeating GSU this year.

Think about it...

Chatty brings everybody back and the QB has a year plus spring and fall camp as a starter now.

GSU lost a TON on defense especially in the middle of the field and looks to struggle on that side of the ball.

There's nothing thus far to indicate GSU has fixed the trainwreck that is their placekicking.

GSU has nothing to play for as they have exiled themselves to limbo between FCS and FBS. Chatty should be a favorite to secure their first playoff bid in Chattownmocs' lifetime so they NEED the game.

I just hope Huesmann shows some mercy and doesn't beat GSU by 60...

Apphole
June 3rd, 2013, 03:25 PM
I say this every year but Chatty really has no excuse for not defeating GSU this year.

Think about it...

Chatty brings everybody back and the QB has a year plus spring and fall camp as a starter now.

GSU lost a TON on defense especially in the middle of the field and looks to struggle on that side of the ball.

There's nothing thus far to indicate GSU has fixed the trainwreck that is their placekicking.

GSU has nothing to play for as they have exiled themselves to limbo between FCS and FBS. Chatty should be a favorite to secure their first playoff bid in Chattownmocs' lifetime so they NEED the game.

I just hope Huesmann shows some mercy and doesn't beat GSU by 60...

http://www.midweekmtb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/SandBagger.jpg

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
There is nobody out there that wants any part of chattanooga this year. This defense is absolutely loaded. Definitely the best in the conference at every level going into the year. A ridiculous defensive line. 2 3 year starters at LB.. Everybody back in the secondary. Excellent offensive coordinator coming in. Tons of continuity on the oline. RBs are going to run better. Excellent number 1 WR and overall x factor. outstanding TE. Huesman is just Huesman. Absolute warrior. He's much improved throwing the ball and still tough as nails running it.

We can beat anybody in the country.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 3rd, 2013, 03:33 PM
There is nobody out there that wants any part of chattanooga this year. This defense is absolutely. Definitely the best in the conference at every level going into the year. A ridiculous defensive line. 2 3 year starters at LB.. Everybody back in the secondary. Excellent offensive coordinator coming in. tons of continuity on the oline. RBs are going to run better. Excellent number 1 WR and overall x factor. outstanding TE. Huesman is just Huesman. Absolute warrior. He's much improved throwing the ball and still tough as nails running it.

Anybody can beat anybody in the country. Whether they will is another story.

Defense may be best in the conference, but not in the country, by a long shot.

ASUG8
June 3rd, 2013, 03:35 PM
There is nobody out there that wants any part of chattanooga this year. This defense is absolutely. Definitely the best in the conference at every level going into the year. A ridiculous defensive line. 2 3 year starters at LB.. Everybody back in the secondary. Excellent offensive coordinator coming in. tons of continuity on the oline. RBs are going to run better. Excellent number 1 WR and overall x factor. outstanding TE. Huesman is just Huesman. Absolute warrior. He's much improved throwing the ball and still tough as nails running it.

If you have an open date, maybe the Patriots could come to Finley.xlolx

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Anybody can beat anybody in the country. Whether they will is another story.

Defense may be best in the conference, but not in the country, by a long shot.

We are coming out of what you think is nowhere to compete for the national title. There is a very good chance that we will be the ones to dethrone you. I know you think it is a long shot but it a very real possibility,

Apphole
June 3rd, 2013, 03:39 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/5/23/12/anigif_enhanced-buzz-16751-1369325044-18.gif

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2013, 03:39 PM
If you have an open date, maybe the Patriots could come to Finley.xlolx

Maybe next year, we will have a ton of open dates to fill.

gotts
June 3rd, 2013, 03:40 PM
We are coming out of what you think is nowhere to compete for the national title. There is a very good chance that we will be the ones to dethrone you. I know you think it is a long shot but it a very real possibility,

How long of a long shot is non-existent?

The Cats
June 3rd, 2013, 03:44 PM

http://www.csnbbs.com/html/funnies/general/capacity.jpg

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2013, 03:47 PM
Let's put it this way, if we played NDSU the last SEVERAL years it would have been a war. I've seen NDSU, they are very very good team. But there is nothing about their personnel or style of play that can overwhelm are football. It would have been a war, this year will be no difference except maybe you might have to give us a slight edge.

Chuck Norris
June 3rd, 2013, 04:03 PM

Coming out of 3rd place in the SOCON. How could you look a man in the eye and say your the national champs due to a technicality? I mean just to get in the playoffs due to a technicality is shameful. Show us something besides all this fairy tail BS!

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2013, 04:16 PM
Coming out of 3rd place in the SOCON. How could you look a man in the eye and say your the national champs due to a technicality? I mean just to get in the playoffs due to a technicality is shameful. Show us something besides all this fairy tail BS!

Listen closely. We are going to whip Georgia Southern's ass. You aren't an FBS caliber team just because you are moving to FBS. You didn't suddenly become an unbeatable juggernaut. You aren't going to be better on offense. You have hit your ceiling. You are a triple option offense. You are still going to get stopped when other teams get their groove, you are still going to stall out drives with mistakes. The problem is defensively, you are going to take a huge step back. We aren't a 14 point lead and then play catch up. We are going to F you up from the opening kick.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 3rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
Listen closely. We are going to whip Georgia Southern's ass. You aren't an FBS caliber team just because you are moving to FBS. You didn't suddenly become an unbeatable juggernaut. You aren't going to be better on offense. You have hit your ceiling. You are a triple option offense. You are still going to get stopped when other teams get their groove, you are still going to stall out drives with mistakes. The problem is defensively, you are going to take a huge step back. We aren't a 14 point lead and then play catch up. We are going to F you up from the opening kick.

I can say one thing. With ASU and GSU gone, the rise of Chatty will be the true sign of the SoCon's weakness.

IBleedYellow
June 3rd, 2013, 04:34 PM

And you didn't suddenly start having a football team.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 3rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
I know you're just trolling, 'cause that's what you do but come on. You guys will be throwing a party if you actually get to 7 wins this year. When was the last time THAT happened?

BisonFan02
June 3rd, 2013, 05:09 PM
Let's put it this way, if we played NDSU the last SEVERAL years it would have been a war. I've seen NDSU, they are very very good team. But there is nothing about their personnel or style of play that can overwhelm are football. It would have been a war, this year will be no difference except maybe you might have to give us a slight edge.

xlolx

IBleedYellow
June 3rd, 2013, 05:33 PM

You weren't/aren't better than a GSU program that went 0-2 against us in the big games that mattered.

Go away. </3

NoDak 4 Ever
June 3rd, 2013, 05:36 PM

I'm trying to determine to which several years you are referring because since 2002, NDSU has 89 wins and Chatty has 42. That's more than twice as many wins.

NDSU has almost as many wins in the last 3 years (37) as Chatty has in the last 11 (42).

CID1990
June 3rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
Not even going to run the conference not counting GSU and ASU.

Sent from the center of the universe.

Apphole
June 3rd, 2013, 07:48 PM

Ok. I'm never a grammar Nazi or anything, but this dude just mixed up are and our.

ASU_Fanatic
June 3rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
chattanooga will probably suck like they do every year

Apphole
June 3rd, 2013, 08:21 PM
chattanooga will probably suck like they do every year

Agreed, but tonight, LETS GO PACERS!! Tired of seeing Lebron flop his way through the playoffs.

ASU_Fanatic
June 3rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Agreed, but tonight, LETS GO PACERS!! Tired of seeing Lebron flop his way through the playoffs.

hell yeah go pacers but don't hate on lebron....... he's carried the pacers wade and bosh are who deserve the hate right now

Apphole
June 3rd, 2013, 08:43 PM
He has carried Miami since the middle of the season, but he's ruining the sport with his Ocscar-losing performances.

ASU_Fanatic
June 3rd, 2013, 08:44 PM
He has carried Miami since the middle of the season, but he's ruining the sport with his Ocscar-losing performances.

flopping has and always will be a problem unless the nba grows a pair and actually takes a stand. all it would take is ridiculous fines for it to stop

Apphole
June 3rd, 2013, 08:50 PM
flopping has and always will be a problem unless the nba grows a pair and actually takes a stand. all it would take is ridiculous fines for it to stop

I vote suspensions. No amount of $ will stop the trend.

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2013, 10:41 PM

I just have to ask you. What type of sick fetish do you have that gets you off by talking smack right now and then hiding when all the crazy stuff you make up does not happen? You won't take bets because you obviously know what you say won't happen. So, why do you get on here and talk smack? Are you Ralph Wallace just talking smack to be fun or do you really have this weird fetish to say crazy things that will never happen, not take bets because you know they won't, and then hide when you are wrong, which is 100% of the time?

HappyAppy
June 4th, 2013, 04:53 AM
What a joke.

One good thing about moving up to the Sun Belt is that there is a higher class of troll on their boards. I will say that I will miss the Woffords and the Furmans of the SoCon (you know, the schools that could actually compete with us on the football field.)

Nooga will not be missed or even remembered. They will be a forgotten team. App fans will look back fondly on our games with the top programs in the SoCon. The only time Chattanooga will ever get a mention is to talk about 05-07, when thousands of App fans rolled into that dank pit of a city to actually see some significant wins on that field (something that Nooga fans would not know about)

Tribe4SF
June 4th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Preseason rituals. Gotta love em.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r798/Tribe4SF/chatty_zps2cb99b9e.jpg

ASUMountaineer
June 4th, 2013, 08:07 AM

No one can actually beat Chatty. Even if the scoreboard says that Chatty lost, they still won. Even though the standings say "tied for third," they still finished first. I don't know why you and I are the only ones that seem to understand this. xconfusedx

ASUMountaineer
June 4th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I'm trying to determine to which several years you are referring because since 2002, NDSU has 89 wins and Chatty has 42. That's more than twice as many wins.

NDSU has almost as many wins in the last 3 years (37) as Chatty has in the last 11 (42).

xlolx

Saint3333
June 4th, 2013, 08:19 AM
5th place after tiebreakers in 2012...

ASUMountaineer
June 4th, 2013, 08:32 AM

Ehh, I'm in a generous mood today. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
June 4th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Looks like he crawled back under the rock. Please, no one disturb it again.

walliver
June 4th, 2013, 08:54 AM
But you forget that GSU and Wofford got incredibly lucky, and ASU must have cheated somehow.

To be honest, if they had won their 2 OT games, they would have been outright conference champions. If they had split them, they would have been co-champions. Huesman got outcoached both times. On the other hand, if GSU had a kicking game and Wofford's top 2 QB's hadn't been hurt, there would have been no issues.

Apphole
June 4th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Looks like he crawled back under the rock. Please, no one disturb it again.

Subway serves breakfast now so he has to be up early and in uniform. I'm sure he'll have a 15 minute break some time this morning to respond on his phone while he's sitting in his car listening to Nickleback.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 4th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Subway serves breakfast now so he has to be up early and in uniform. I'm sure he'll have a 15 minute break some time this morning to respond on his phone while he's sitting in his car listening to Nickleback.

Could it be?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachments/general-chit-chat/320494d1187364030-dieselmh-loves-nickelback-dieselback.jpg

asumike83
June 4th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Chattown's preseason antics are much like "The Hangover" trilogy. The first was hilarious, the second was funny but disappointing and by the time the third one rolls around, the routine is just tired and predictable. Hopefully they both call it quits after the third chapter.

pike51
June 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM

I saw this movie and the sequel. It didn't end well for you. Honestly, I don't really care for the straight to DVD version you're pumping now. Yawn.

chattownmocs
June 4th, 2013, 10:29 AM

Except that we beat the teams we were tied with.

CID1990
June 4th, 2013, 10:43 AM

Also teams that did not go to the playoffs.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 4th, 2013, 11:51 AM

Huh, guess you know him.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 5th, 2013, 01:43 PM
I'm kind of bummed, I really wanted to see something after his shift got over.

parr90
June 5th, 2013, 01:49 PM
There is nobody out there that wants any part of chattanooga this year. This defense is absolutely loaded. Definitely the best in the conference at every level going into the year. A ridiculous defensive line. 2 3 year starters at LB.. Everybody back in the secondary. Excellent offensive coordinator coming in. Tons of continuity on the oline. RBs are going to run better. Excellent number 1 WR and overall x factor. outstanding TE. Huesman is just Huesman. Absolute warrior. He's much improved throwing the ball and still tough as nails running it.

How does someone who loses so much talk so much smack?

Apphole
June 5th, 2013, 02:00 PM
How does someone who loses so much talk so much smack?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

AppChicago
June 5th, 2013, 02:39 PM
These are the boasts the guy makes without facts to back him up. I feel sorry for anyone who's in the room is Chattanooga ever starts actually winning against App or GSU with any regularity. They'd never be able to un-see the boner-y ****storm that would ensue.

Apphole
June 5th, 2013, 02:53 PM
boner-y ****storm

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/38451155.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
June 5th, 2013, 02:56 PM
These are the boasts the guy makes without facts to back him up. I feel sorry for anyone who's in the room is Chattanooga ever starts actually winning against App or GSU with any regularity. They'd never be able to un-see the boner-y ****storm that would ensue.

Yep. pretty sure no one is worried about that.

blueballs
June 5th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Yep. pretty sure no one is worried about that.

Particularly since App and GSU are gonzo after this coming year.

Chatty has the talent to beat either App or GSU or both in 2013... whether they actually do it is a whole other issue.

walliver
June 5th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Particularly since App and GSU are gonzo after this coming year.

Chatty has the talent to beat either App or GSU or both in 2013... whether they actually do it is a whole other issue.

Talent has rarely been a problem at Chatty. They just never seem to have a coach to put it all together.

CID1990
June 5th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Talent has rarely been a problem at Chatty. They just never seem to have a coach to put it all together.

If Huesman doesn't put together a champion this season I think Chatty should hire a better football coach, like me. I'll only charge them 100K per year, and I can guarantee an improvement over Huesman- all I will do is sit on the sidelines and let the OC and DC make the calls. I'll even take naps on the sidelines. UTC will surely improve.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 5th, 2013, 05:24 PM
If Huesman doesn't put together a champion this season I think Chatty should hire a better football coach, like me. I'll only charge them 100K per year, and I can guarantee an improvement over Huesman- all I will do is sit on the sidelines and let the OC and DC make the calls. I'll even take naps on the sidelines. UTC will surely improve.

If everyone there is as dumb as chattown, he'll have a job for life. 6-5 is "dominating" 4th place is "owning the conference" and a loss is a win! It's like magic!

chattownmocs
June 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Chattanooga really hasn't done anything yet. No one ever has until they do. The facts remain that we are set up to be one of the very best teams in FCS in 2013. The inability to acknowledge this beforehand will lead to many tears.

catamount man
June 5th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Chattanooga really hasn't done anything yet. No one ever has until they do. The facts remain that we are set up to be one of the very best teams in FCS in 2013. The inability to acknowledge this beforehand will lead to many tears.

Every one of your posts just leads me all the more to believe, indeed, that Cocaine is one hell of a drug. LOL!

CID1990
June 5th, 2013, 10:44 PM

Hey Chartown, how many uber talented teams does Huesman get to **** the monkey with before you guys can him?

Hell even VanGorder would have won a national title with last years team.

parr90
June 6th, 2013, 07:22 AM

That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard about football. How long have you had a football program now? To say you are set up to be very good in 2013 means nothing. Until you go out on the field and prove something it means nothing. Many teams have been talented and the fans look forward to the season just to end up doing nothing. Just because you have talent, and by the way your no more talented than App or GSU or Wofford, doesnt mean your going to win with it. Talent doesnt equal wins.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2013, 07:23 AM

The only tears we anticipate are those from laughing so hard at your absurdity.

CID1990
June 6th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Talent doesnt equal wins.

Ah.

You see, Chattown is missing the part of the brain that allows you to understand truisms.

Apphole
June 6th, 2013, 08:55 AM

I don't buy it. I'm not saying they're talentless, but how many NFL draft picks has UTC had in the recent past? It's one thing to take early exits from the playoffs and then have three players drafted the same year like App (talk about squandered talent). They've had some good players, but I have seen no evidence from their conference results or watching them play that they have roped even a fraction of the consistent talent that App or GaSo has.

walliver
June 6th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I don't buy it. I'm not saying they're talentless, but how many NFL draft picks has UTC had in the recent past? It's one thing to take early exits from the playoffs and then have three players drafted the same year like App (talk about squandered talent). They've had some good players, but I have seen no evidence from their conference results or watching them play that they have roped even a fraction of the consistent talent that App or GaSo has.

Chatty recruits talented players out of high school. Players being drafted, other than the super-athletes playing in the SEC, have innate talent which is developed by good coaches over 4-5 years. Quality of coaching does make a difference in draft status.

UTC has routinely had "highly rated" recruiting classes. I don't actually place much stock in those rating, because I think there are some lazy coaches out there who recruit based on "ratings" more than actual player evaluations. I always suspected this was a major problem during the Rodney Allison years.

Waco Kid
June 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM

Isn't this same defense we put 34 on last year?

eaglewraith
June 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM

# of NFL draft picks =/= talent on the college level

We lack draft picks mainly because of the system we run. That doesn't mean we don't have a lot of talent on our team. Also, talent in college doesn't translate to the pros. Using draft picks is a poor measurement.

I'm not saying they have a bunch of worldbeaters, but I think it's totally false to use draft picks as a talent measure.

CID1990
June 6th, 2013, 11:32 AM

We lack draft picks mainly because of the system we run. That doesn't mean we don't have a lot of talent on our team. Also, talent in college doesn't translate to the pros. Using draft picks is a poor measurement.

I'm not saying they have a bunch of worldbeaters, but I think it's totally false to use draft picks as a talent measure.

Exactly.

Terrell Hudgins tore it up in FCS, won all the accolades, and played in a system that allows WRs to shine.

But

Andre Roberts is currently the most successful NFL player to come out of the SoCon in the past few years, and his stock continues to rise. He got much less attention than Hudgins or Armanti.

Another El Cid player who got exactly zero attention in the SoCon is now the primary cornerback for the Steelers.

Both of these players played for a staff that arguably did not get as much out of them as the could have, and neither of them had "stars" or were recruited that heavily, but they were in fact two of the most talented players in the SoCon during the years they played. All of their talent did not necessarily translate into wins for The Citadel. (well, a couple wins, but not enough to make the playoffs)

smallcollegefbfan
June 6th, 2013, 11:42 AM

3 comments to this.

1. You are right to a degree but GSU could still potentially have OL, QB (as a RB), or a WR drafted by the NFL. Your offensive scheme makes it harder but you could still have NFL guys in your offense who could.

2. It's not all about draft picks or the fact you put a player in the NFL but teams who have put a lot of players in the NFL have been successful as far as winning games and going to the playoffs. Look at all the GSU and App St NC teams. They all had a lot of players who got a shot in the NFL.

3. Chattanooga doesn't have much NFL talent. They had the CB Skrine and then QB Coleman, both got drafted but both are just backup types. I know Skrine has started some in Cleveland but the Browns don't have a good defense. They need to have Skrine as their #3 or #4 CB. He's not a good starter in the NFL. This year they have DT Derrick Lott and S DJ Key but CB Kareem Wise and LB Wes Dothard are more of wait and see players who need a big senior year to be considered true NFL prospects. Right now they are just names on a list who may or may not get in a camp. Lott is probably the best prospect at 6'4, 300 plus who can move. He is a UGA transfer and the most physically gifted player they have.

As far as Chattown he has shown time and time again he doesn't really know football that much and to be honest isn't asking questions to those who know or listening to some of those on here who do. I have tried to get him to take bets on posting rights on here but he continues to avoid them because I think deep down he knows he is wrong. Because of that fact it makes me wonder if he maybe knows he is saying stupid things and just does it to start debate and make popular threads.

smallcollegefbfan
June 6th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Exactly.

Terrell Hudgins tore it up in FCS, won all the accolades, and played in a system that allows WRs to shine.

But

Andre Roberts is currently the most successful NFL player to come out of the SoCon in the past few years, and his stock continues to rise. He got much less attention than Hudgins or Armanti.

Another El Cid player who got exactly zero attention in the SoCon is now the primary cornerback for the Steelers.

Both of these players played for a staff that arguably did not get as much out of them as the could have, and neither of them had "stars" or were recruited that heavily, but they were in fact two of the most talented players in the SoCon during the years they played. All of their talent did not necessarily translate into wins for The Citadel. (well, a couple wins, but not enough to make the playoffs)

Remember 2 things though.

1. Hudgins was a system guy only. He was slow, not a great route runner, and stiff. He was not explosive enough to play in the NFL. He was just a good player who was productive in FCS but he would not have even started at most SEC programs. Then look at Aaron Mellette who I kept pushing as a NFL player. He got drafted and should have a decent career. Mellette could have played in the SEC while Hudgins would have been a backup or #3 WR.

2. Roberts was a better player than Hudgins. Because of their system he didn't quite have the numbers but his film was better than Hudgins by far. He just didn't have the stats. People have to remember that NFL teams watch the games and know what they are watching. Most fans generally look at stats. Just because you had two catches for 30 yards on opening weekend and I had five catches for 70 yards that doesn't mean I'm a better player. Perhaps I wasn't covered as tightly or my QB just focused on me more than you. NFL teams take everything into consideration.

My point about stats is just proven by the fact that you hear people say that they struggle with offensive line awards because there are no uniform stats on them and those who do look are counting knockdowns and sacks allowed, which are good tools to use but you can't go completely off those numbers. There are about a dozen things I look for when evaluating each position and the stats are just one of many.

Apphole
June 6th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Ok. NFL aside, I still see nothing on the field or in the stat book to lead me to believe Chatty has anything but average recruits. I'd put their average talent level at the same as Cid and Furman. Certainly not on the same level as App or Southern.

I think they're coach is a choke artist and that's why they've underachieved so much recently, but it's not like they have a bunch of world beaters. Average talent level at best.

eaglewraith
June 6th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Ok. NFL aside, I still see nothing on the field or in the stat book to lead me to believe Chatty has anything but average recruits. I'd put their average talent level at the same as Cid and Furman. Certainly not on the same level as App or Southern.

I think they're coach is a choke artist and that's why they've underachieved so much recently, but it's not like they have a bunch of world beaters. Average talent level at best.

I can agree with this.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I can agree with this.

Stop it. Everybody knows the only reason you guys moving up to FBS is because you are scared of how good UTC is becoming.

eaglewraith
June 6th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Stop it. Everybody knows the only reason you guys moving up to FBS is because you are scared of how good UTC is becoming.

Isn't that why you guys are starting to look at it?

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Isn't that why you guys are starting to look at it?

Well as soon as they crush the SoCon and get the #1 seed, NDSU will obviously have to travel to Finley only to be embarrassed completely derailing any chance we had at even thinking about moving up, or anywhere. Probably be relegated back to DII like some English Premier League team.

smallcollegefbfan
June 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM
That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard about football. How long have you had a football program now? To say you are set up to be very good in 2013 means nothing. Until you go out on the field and prove something it means nothing. Many teams have been talented and the fans look forward to the season just to end up doing nothing. Just because you have talent, and by the way your no more talented than App or GSU or Wofford, doesnt mean your going to win with it. Talent doesnt equal wins.

For Chattownmocs, next season is always his favorite thing to talk about!

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2013, 12:24 PM
For Chattownmocs, next season is always his favorite thing to talk about!

The best part of the year for him is the roughly 9 1/2 months the team isn't playing so he can fantasize they are any good.

smallcollegefbfan
June 6th, 2013, 12:27 PM
The best part of the year for him is the roughly 9 1/2 months the team isn't playing so he can fantasize they are any good.

Fantasy? I think it's more like the rest of us live in a fantasy world and we know nothing about good football and the stats you see are just imaginary. One day we will wake up from our dreams and see that Chattown is the head coach of UTC and they have 10 FCS national titles.

By the way, according to my NFL sources the Mocs played the Patriots in a super secret scrimmage last week and the Patriots lost by 21. They played the all-stars from App, GSU, and NDSU and beat them all by 100 points. Chattanooga is truly the most dominating team in the FCS and we will one day see it when we wake up.

ASUMountaineer
June 6th, 2013, 12:31 PM

Well, considering his favorite team is the Vols...I think you're spot-on. xnodx

SpeedkingATL
June 6th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Well as soon as they crush the SoCon and get the #1 seed, NDSU will obviously have to travel to Finley only to be embarrassed completely derailing any chance we had at even thinking about moving up, or anywhere. Probably be relegated back to DII like some English Premier League team.

The only thing embarrassing will be the 6,000 or so UTC fans that show up for that game against the Bison at Finley...........and the 500 left at the end of the game when NDSU has more points than UTC has first downs.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2013, 12:43 PM
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp107/lvsssycat/Thread-Love_so_much.jpg

chattownmocs
June 6th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Its amazing how stupid people can be. Average talent and a +.500 socon record = underachieving. If chattanooga had won equal number of games as they had lost over the last 4 years by a few points they would have an overwhelmingly positive record. And this is all with huesmana first recruiting class still being redshirt seniors in 13. What a bunch of tards.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Its amazing how stupid people can be. Average talent and a +.500 socon record = underachieving. If chattanooga had woman equal number of games as they had lost over the last 4 years by a few points they would have an overwhelmingly positive record. And this is all with huesmana first recruiting class still being redshirt seniors in 13. What a bunch of tards.

Whew, you were better off just letting us get bored of this in a couple days instead of trying to flog that dolphin a few more times.

EKU-n-GSU
June 6th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Its amazing how stupid people can be. Average talent and a +.500 socon record = underachieving. If chattanooga had woman equal number of games as they had lost over the last 4 years by a few points they would have an overwhelmingly positive record. And this is all with huesmana first recruiting class still being redshirt seniors in 13. What a bunch of tards.

Tards? You've been spewing off about the super-human talent and now retract to a simple "average" comment. As an aside, you should spell check before posting; your intellectual skirt is lifting. And I'm not even going to get into the whole " a loss is a loss whether its by one point or a hundred". Clearly higher math skills are needed for acknowledging that fact.

AppChicago
June 6th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Its amazing how stupid people can be.

At last. We agree.

chattownmocs
June 6th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Tards? You've been spewing off about the super-human talent and now retract to a simple "average" comment. As an aside, you should spell check before posting; your intellectual skirt is lifting. And I'm not even going to get into the whole " a loss is a loss whether its by one point or a hundred". Clearly higher math skills are needed for acknowledging that fact.

Hey reject. I was pointing out how dumb the idea is that we could possibly have average talent and be underachieving when they are a better than average football program under huesman and have been a play or 2 away in almost every socon loss in his entire tenure you rudimentary troll.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Hey reject. I was pointing out how dumb the idea is that we could possibly have average talent and be underachieving when they are a better than average football program under huesman and as have been a play or 2 away in almost every socon loss in his entire tenure you rudimentary troll.

.522 is not "better than average", it's just average.

chattownmocs
June 6th, 2013, 01:34 PM
.522 is not "better than average", it's just average.

Well technically you are right as I believe we are 5th of 9 in winning percentage, but Elon who is a game better than us has fallen considerably. We are unquestionably the 2nd best socon program remaining at this time. We have the most proven players of any team including gsu and say going into 2013. Try again.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Well technically you are right as I believe we are 5th of 9 in winning percentage, but Elon who is a game better than us has fallen considerably. We are unquestionably the 2nd best socon program remaining at this time. We have the most proven players of any team including gsu and say going into 2013. Try again.

No, no, no, let's dissect this. You keep using that term "above average" to describe a team that is most decidedly average and only just recently so. You try to use every qualifier in the book to make your team look somewhat successful. You haven't seen 7 wins since the FIRST Bush administration.

Try again? I don't even have to. This is way too easy.

Apphole
June 6th, 2013, 01:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8SWMAQYQf0

Waco Kid
June 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM

Your new motto could be: UTC Football- Above Average Since 3/26/2013

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Your new motto could be: UTC Football- Above Average Since 3/26/2013

More like. UTC Football - The best team between Thanksgiving and Labor Day!

CID1990
June 6th, 2013, 09:34 PM

Not even.

parr90
June 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Its amazing how stupid people can be. Average talent and a +.500 socon record = underachieving. If chattanooga had won equal number of games as they had lost over the last 4 years by a few points they would have an overwhelmingly positive record. And this is all with huesmana first recruiting class still being redshirt seniors in 13. What a bunch of tards.

How do you messure talent? Is it by the players you sign and what has been said about them or the number of stars by their name? Because none of that matters. Until your guys line up and win nothing matters. You keep saying how good your players are and how good they will be this year but they havent played a down yet. Plus beleive me none of those accolades your boys have prior to coming to UTC matter nothing until they prove otherwise.

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2013, 09:14 AM

I noticed you said the word "IF" in there. "If" means it did not matter. Chattanooga did not do what you said and they don't have a winning record. They don't have any playoff appearances and from 2005-2007 Appalachian State won more games in Finley Stadium than your hometown Mocs did. What I just said are facts. What you just said is "IF".

Here are some facts for you that you must not know.

1. Did you know those recruiting experts ranked Purdue's recruiting class that featured Drew Brees the worst in the Big Ten and yet his class won the Big Ten title and Brees was the best player of any recruit signed that year.

2. Chattanooga has been named the best recruiting class, as has Western Carolina, and neither has come close to even being top 3 in the Southern Conference in those years they were.

3. Recruiting websites do okay when it comes to BCS football but they don't rank all FCS recruits and 8 out of 10 times a FCS school signs a 3-star player they do absolutely nothing. Go look at what Rivals rated Armanti Edwards, JJ Wilcox, Brian Quick, and the others who went high in the draft. They had no stars.

4. If you only knew who most of the people who do the recruiting rankings are you would not put much stock in them.

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE AND THE FACTS

1. Chattanooga has been an average or below average team in the Southern Conference.

2. Chattanooga's best players have been transfers or players who had no stars in high school, based on college performance.

3. High School performance does not matter at all in college just like college performance does not matter at all in the NFL.

Ignore the land of "what ifs" and come to the land of facts.

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2013, 09:18 AM

You aren't the 2nd best SoCon football team remaining at all. Samford and Citadel were better programs last year (I'm assuming you mean without GSU and App since they are leaving). Huesman has been at Chattanooga for 5 years. You do know that the really good coaches turn programs around within 3 years don't you? I'm not saying he should be fired but if he has back to back losing seasons I'm sure they will let him go. Unlike at GSU and App I think if he wins 5-7 games every year he keeps his job because the bar at Chattanooga is set low.

Lehigh'98
June 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM
You guys just keep feeding this guy......If he has no one to have nonsensical arguments with, they will stop.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 7th, 2013, 09:24 AM
You guys just keep feeding this guy......If he has no one to have nonsensical arguments with, they will stop.

Eh, it's kind of fun. Nothing else to do right now. Deluded mother****ers are the best.

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2013, 09:26 AM

I know but I'm not that busy right now. If you notice I only enjoy it during the months of June and July when I don't have as much going on! I don't have time during the season, combine, pro days, draft, etc. :)

CID1990
June 7th, 2013, 09:53 AM

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his a$$ when he hops.

ASUMountaineer
June 7th, 2013, 10:08 AM

How about: UTC Football - Playoff free since 1984.

pike51
June 7th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Funny thing is, he won't be at any UTC games... He's too busy cleaning up stadium cups in Knoxville after another UT loss.

WUTNDITWAA
June 7th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Give him a break. He's still hyped up after he read that Chattanooga whooped up on some other team in UTC's spring game.

Silenoz
June 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM

Classic

Chattown = The gift that keeps on giving

NoDak 4 Ever
June 7th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Chattown = The gift that keeps on giving

Yup. Can't wait until Chatty murders Alabama by 30

chattownmocs
June 7th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I noticed you said the word "IF" in there. "If" means it did not matter. Chattanooga did not do what you said and they don't have a winning record. They don't have any playoff appearances and from 2005-2007 Appalachian State won more games in Finley Stadium than your hometown Mocs did. What I just said are facts. What you just said is "IF".

Here are some facts for you that you must not know.

1. Did you know those recruiting experts ranked Purdue's recruiting class that featured Drew Brees the worst in the Big Ten and yet his class won the Big Ten title and Brees was the best player of any recruit signed that year.

2. Chattanooga has been named the best recruiting class, as has Western Carolina, and neither has come close to even being top 3 in the Southern Conference in those years they were.

3. Recruiting websites do okay when it comes to BCS football but they don't rank all FCS recruits and 8 out of 10 times a FCS school signs a 3-star player they do absolutely nothing. Go look at what Rivals rated Armanti Edwards, JJ Wilcox, Brian Quick, and the others who went high in the draft. They had no stars.

4. If you only knew who most of the people who do the recruiting rankings are you would not put much stock in them.

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE AND THE FACTS

1. Chattanooga has been an average or below average team in the Southern Conference.

2. Chattanooga's best players have been transfers or players who had no stars in high school, based on college performance.

3. High School performance does not matter at all in college just like college performance does not matter at all in the NFL.

Ignore the land of "what ifs" and come to the land of facts.

Wrong, wrong, again. Chattanooga DOES have a winning record troll boy. They have the MOST proven players on the SOCON. They are the MOST proven team as currently constituted. They have the MOST player on NFL radars. You dont know what you are talking about. A team with average talent and poor coaching is not in every FCS game but one over a 3 year span. Teams show huge improvement in w/l record every year, especially when they have proven they can play with anyone. Go away you idiot.

chattownmocs
June 7th, 2013, 05:15 PM
You aren't the 2nd best SoCon football team remaining at all. Samford and Citadel were better programs last year (I'm assuming you mean without GSU and App since they are leaving). Huesman has been at Chattanooga for 5 years. You do know that the really good coaches turn programs around within 3 years don't you? I'm not saying he should be fired but if he has back to back losing seasons I'm sure they will let him go. Unlike at GSU and App I think if he wins 5-7 games every year he keeps his job because the bar at Chattanooga is set low.

samford and the citadels are better than us exactly how? The Citadel isn't even close to us. Not even close. We let them off the hook 1 time or else we would be 8-0 against samford and the citadel under huesman. Huesman has been at chattanooga for 4 years and he turned the program around in year 1. You wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you in the face.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 7th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Wrong, wrong, again. Chattanooga DOES have a winning record troll boy. They have the MOST proven players on the SOCON. They are the MOST proven team as currently constituted. They have the MOST player on NFL radars. You dont know what you are talking about. A team with average talent and poor coaching is not in every FCS game but one over a 3 year span. Teams show huge improvement in w/l record every year, especially when they have proven they can play with anyone. Go away you idiot.

2010 6-5 (5-3)
2011 5-6 (3-5)
2012 6-5 (5-3)

http://www.sanctuarymedia.com/edtechexpert/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

Eaglesrus
June 7th, 2013, 05:44 PM

Exactly how big is he?

CID1990
June 7th, 2013, 06:54 PM
samford and the citadels are better than us exactly how? The Citadel isn't even close to us. Not even close. We let them off the hook 1 time or else we would be 8-0 against samford and the citadel under huesman. Huesman has been at chattanooga for 4 years and he turned the program around in year 1. You wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you in the face.

If you're that much better than The Citadel, then why didn't you beat ASU and GSU? The mark of a good team is consistency, and the only consistent thing about UTC is inconsistency. WE let YOU off the hook.

gomocs82
June 7th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Yup. Can't wait until Chatty murders Alabama by 30

Line today was Alabama -60.

gomocs82
June 7th, 2013, 07:32 PM
UTC football has been middle of the pack thus far under Huesman, Mocs have gotten our hopes up a few times, but dashed them. Without a doubt, UTC football is far better than the Allison years, but are currently stuck in the middle of the pack (17-15 SoCon record)..tired of "being in the hunt" the Mocs need to take the next step. Remains to be seen if Huesman can do it, I think he can, but still we wait.

DoWe
June 7th, 2013, 07:45 PM
UTC football has been middle of the pack thus far under Huesman, Mocs have gotten our hopes up a few times, but dashed them. Without a doubt, UTC football is far better than the Allison years, but are currently stuck in the middle of the pack (17-15 SoCon record)..tired of "being in the hunt" the Mocs need to take the next step. Remains to be seen if Huesman can do it, I think he can, but still we wait.
I am not a regular poster in these parts but I don't think anybody here thinks the weirdo that started this thread speaks for UTC. Good luck to you as your school attempts to raise their program national prominence.

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2013, 08:20 PM

Again, here are the facts to prove you live in fantasy land.

I got the following information from your 2013 Summer Prospectus, straight from YOUR TEAM'S WEBSITE!

All-Time Record .....................................494-503-35 (.496)

http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/Sidebars/Football/2013/13summer.pdf

You have never had the most players on the NFL radar in one year. This year based on the lists I have from NFL teams App has 3, in a down year, GSU has 1 (they have a lot of underclassmen), and UTC has 3, in a year where they have the best senior class in school history, at least since I have been following UTC in the mid 1990s. Not sure which GM, director, or area scout you have talked to but please inform me of your NFL connections who are telling you about how great your team is. I am not hearing it on my end and you have seen by my record talking about the NFL Draft I am usually pretty close or dead on. This year the DT and S are legit prospects with the CB as a possibly camp body. 3 is not that impressive of a number as many other schools have had 4, 5, or even 6 get a NFL shot in one year .

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2013, 08:24 PM

Yes you beat those teams this past year. This past year was the best team you have ever had and while I do think this year's team will be good (I think UTC will win 7-8 games) the fact is that your program is below .500, and I think Samford and Citadel both will beat you in 2013.

Again, UTC has an all-time losing record. How are you a winning program because the record on your website says otherwise?

http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/Sidebars/Football/2013/13summer.pdf

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Line today was Alabama -60.

No Chattownmocs says you guys will kill them because you have more NFL prospects than anyone in FCS. :)

gomocs82
June 7th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I am trying to decide if I would take UTC +60....last time (2009) was 45-0...I am thinking the Mocs do not see much, if any, of the 2 deep roster in the 2nd half...so I would lean toward taking the Mocs and the points

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2013, 08:43 PM
I am trying to decide if I would take UTC +60....last time (2009) was 45-0...I am thinking the Mocs do not see much, if any, of the 2 deep roster in the 2nd half...so I would lean toward taking the Mocs and the points

I would as well. I believe you guys will have a top 25 FCS team this year, or should. Alabama won't run up the score on you. I would take UTC because I think they stay within a touchdown of the points, unless Alabama is really mad from the previous week for some reason.

Apphole
June 7th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Bama will score how ever many points they want to and keep the UTC score at 0 as long as they want to. They would do the same to every other FCS team and 3/4 of the FBS teams.

ElCid
June 7th, 2013, 09:06 PM
I would as well. I believe you guys will have a top 25 FCS team this year, or should. Alabama won't run up the score on you. I would take UTC because I think they stay within a touchdown of the points, unless Alabama is really mad from the previous week for some reason.

I think UTC will be better and they were pretty good last year. UTC D limits the points but can't make headway in scoring. Plus 'bama will be in the hunt again and can't afford injuries so I'll call it 41-7. And the 7 comes late after an Alabama turnover deep.

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Bama will score how ever many points they want to and keep the UTC score at 0 as long as they want to. They would do the same to every other FCS team and 3/4 of the FBS teams.

Key word there is as much as they want. I fully don't expect them to want to put it on UTC. Kind of like with WCU. UTC is a better team so that's why I'm thinking they will lose by about 7-10 less than WCU.

Lehigh'98
June 8th, 2013, 04:56 AM

Just for the record, that includes app as well??

Apphole
June 8th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Just for the record, that includes app as well??

Of course.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 8th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Well this easily qualifies as best off-season thread of the year.

eaglewraith
June 8th, 2013, 12:45 PM

AHEM

NoDak 4 Ever
June 8th, 2013, 01:01 PM
AHEM

The operative word there is wanted. Do we have to rehash the buttbama stuff again?

gomocs82
June 8th, 2013, 01:05 PM

Without a doubt. I just don't think they will want to run the score up. In 2009 they didn't, so I don't expect to this year. They are playing UTC for one reason...an extra home game. They do not want to injury a player on the 2 deep roster to beat UTC 105-0. I suspect 2nd team in first half and 3rd and 4th teams take it home in the 2nd half.

eaglewraith
June 8th, 2013, 01:11 PM
The operative word there is wanted. Do we have to rehash the buttbama stuff again?

I will not disagree that they shut us down when they got serious. I imagine they wanted to keep us scoreless though, that didn't happen.

smallcollegefbfan
June 8th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Without a doubt. I just don't think they will want to run the score up. In 2009 they didn't, so I don't expect to this year. They are playing UTC for one reason...an extra home game. They do not want to injury a player on the 2 deep roster to beat UTC 105-0. I suspect 2nd team in first half and 3rd and 4th teams take it home in the 2nd half.

No question. Can they slap UTC and App around as badly as they want? Sure. Will they? I don't think so. I think they want to get out of the game looking sharp but stay healthy and get plenty of players in the game. You will get the pleasure of playing some of their backups who were 4 or 5 star recruits in high school and will be top 150 draft picks in 2015 or 2016 though.

ASU_Fanatic
June 8th, 2013, 02:50 PM
I do wonder how hard App will play this year I mean I could see this team who had potential to be the best in the nation just not be as motivated. I wouldn't. You're pretty much not even getting a shot to accomplish your highest goal so I could see us dropping a SoCon game or two that we normally wouldnt

walliver
June 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I do wonder how hard App will play this year I mean I could see this team who had potential to be the best in the nation just not be as motivated. I wouldn't. You're pretty much not even getting a shot to accomplish your highest goal so I could see us dropping a SoCon game or two that we normally wouldnt

If a player isn't motivated to play all out every game, then he isn't a good player.

If a coach can't get his team ready every game, then he isn't a good coach and needs to find another job.

Football players play football because they love to play football.

Ohio State's players and coaches seemed to do very well last year despite "having nothing to play for".

smallcollegefbfan
June 8th, 2013, 03:07 PM
If a player isn't motivated to play all out every game, then he isn't a good player.

If a coach can't get his team ready every game, then he isn't a good coach and needs to find another job.

Ohio State's players and coaches seemed to do very well last year despite "having nothing to play for".

I was about to say the same thing. I think App and GSU both should get together and help each other with prepping for opponents and decide to be them vs the SoCon this year. They have a lot to play for. They have the seniors who won't get an official ring or banner but will be given those things by ASU if they run the table. They don't want to move up and not have a win in their last game against their former SoCon rivals, especially not lose at home against an FCS team when they are going to be FBS in just a few months after the season is over.

These two teams better play hard and not let their SoCon foes get the best of them because it will be something those teams will always have to hold over their heads.

I would be shocked if App and GSU don't play hard this year. If they don't, they better wake up because regardless of what some here think the Sun Belt will be tougher and they will face much tougher teams across the board in 2014 compared to what they usually have.

Eaglesrus
June 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I was about to say the same thing. I think App and GSU both should get together and help each other with prepping for opponents and decide to be them vs the SoCon this year. They have a lot to play for. They have the seniors who won't get an official ring or banner but will be given those things by ASU if they run the table. They don't want to move up and not have a win in their last game against their former SoCon rivals, especially not lose at home against an FCS team when they are going to be FBS in just a few months after the season is over.

These two teams better play hard and not let their SoCon foes get the best of them because it will be something those teams will always have to hold over their heads.

I would be shocked if App and GSU don't play hard this year. If they don't, they better wake up because regardless of what some here think the Sun Belt will be tougher and they will face much tougher teams across the board in 2014 compared to what they usually have.

i wouldn't want to be one of our players if they don't give 100% effort, because Coach Monken has made it extremely clear that he's expecting them to.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 8th, 2013, 03:58 PM

How about one that has to take two time outs in a row on 4th and 3 when the offense comes out in the same formation every time?

GSUsTALON
June 8th, 2013, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=chattownmocs;1966506]Listen closely. We are going to whip Georgia Southern's ass. You aren't an FBS caliber team just because you are moving to FBS. QUOTE]

Since 1984 GSU has 22 wins and "4" losses against UTC & most were blow outs. We never needed to be an FBS caliber team to whip UTC's @ss although compaird to UTC GSU was & is an FBS caliber team.

parr90
June 9th, 2013, 01:12 PM

This is very true and many people don't understand this. Its like when GSU played Bama two years ago. Everyone said afterwards that Bama wasn't ready and that they didn't put any effort into the game. There isn't a whole lot I can say to change peoples minds about this but the fact of the matter is that Saban did try to prepare his team and said himself after the game that he tried very hard to prepare his team for the GSU game because he knew that GSU had an offense that may give them some issues. He knew it would be hard to prepare for. Plus they wanted to look good in a game they were supposed to look good in and win. Now Im not here saying that GSU matched up man for man talent wise with Bama in a way like UGA or LSU did but the fact is that GSU has some talent, as do many other good FCS teams, and talent enough to play football with Bama and make a game out of it. Plus talent doesn't equal success. Its usually defense for FCS teams that struggles with the Bamas of football. Defense is usually where FCS shows the drop off in size and speed up front. Believe it or not if you can block good and have a QB that can throw and receivers that can catch you can play with just about anyone these days. GSU had an offense that Bama wasn't used to seeing and had enough talent at the positions to run their offense and be successful against Bama. I didn't see Bama pushing around Brent Russell nor the GSU defense, I actually say Russell pushing on their guys pretty good. I saw Bama able to make their plays and do it in a consistent manner. I also saw GSU run for 300 yards on a defense that No One else did that year. The fact is that players still play hard against teams they are supposed to beat and coaches still prepare for teams they know they are supposed to beat. This idea that players don't take it seriously and that their second and third team plays the entire game is ridiculous. I always played hard even when we were playing someone like a Savannah State. I may not have gotten up as much emotionally for that game but I knew I may be facing a guy that was just as good as the guy I may face at Marshall or Florida State. The best Offensive line I ever faced wasn't Florida State or other FBS schools but SFA, and I would rank other offensive lineman higher as foes for some FCS teams over the ones I faced at the FBS level. The biggest difference is depth and skill players. App State didn't beat Michigan because it was a fluke. Believe me I re watched that game over and over and App just beat Michigan because they had a better Football team that day, and they had enough talent to do it with. If Michigan wasn't up for the game coming in then surely they were after half time and yet they didn't come out and blow App out. Wofford play the heck out of SC and it wasn't because Carolina wasn't ready, it was because Wofford had a good football team. I don't know why people have such a hard time believing this, well yes I do, its because of all the media hype on players and teams. The media creates this idea that the FBS players are so physically superior to the FCS players and they just are not. They may be better overall but the line is very thin folks.

ASU_Fanatic
June 9th, 2013, 02:40 PM
I know I know they're playing for pride, but what these guys want is championship rings. That is the end goal of every sports team ever. Don't deny it. I'm expecting App to go 8-3 this year whereas I would have expected 9-2 or possibly even 10-1 if they were going to be playoff eligible.

walliver
June 9th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I know I know they're playing for pride, but what these guys want is championship rings. That is the end goal of every sports team ever. Don't deny it. I'm expecting App to go 8-3 this year whereas I would have expected 9-2 or possibly even 10-1 if they were going to be playoff eligible.

If your players are in it for the bling, then leaving the SoCon is definitely the right move.

I suspect that both ASU and GSU have set goals this year of going undefeated against FCS teams. I doubt either will accomplish that, but it won't be for lack of trying.

Ohio State went 12-0 last year. Being ineligible for the Big 10 or national titles didn't seem to hurt them much at all.

ASU_Fanatic
June 9th, 2013, 03:08 PM
If your players are in it for the bling, then leaving the SoCon is definitely the right move.

I suspect that both ASU and GSU have set goals this year of going undefeated against FCS teams. I doubt either will accomplish that, but it won't be for lack of trying.

Ohio State went 12-0 last year. Being ineligible for the Big 10 or national titles didn't seem to hurt them much at all.
Well when I say "championship rings" that means conference titles and bowl game wins. Because winning the New Orleans Bowl is a larger accomplishment for App State then winning an FCS title would be... you see where I'm coming from. I'm just saying it has to suck for the players mentally to know in the end they could go 12-0 beat Georgia and not even have a chance to win it all.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 9th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Well when I say "championship rings" that means conference titles and bowl game wins. Because winning the New Orleans Bowl is a larger accomplishment for App State then winning an FCS title would be... you see where I'm coming from. I'm just saying it has to suck for the players mentally to know in the end they could go 12-0 beat Georgia and not even have a chance to win it all.

Over a quarter of the schools in FBS win a "championship" reminds me of this:

http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/participant.jpg

smallcollegefbfan
June 9th, 2013, 05:06 PM

ASU coaches said if the team goes undefeated against SoCon teams they will get a ring. The incentive is there. The expectation last year this time was that 2013 would be your team and you should not lower the standard. App State and GSU have a lot of talent and should most definitely have a big year. Players play for the seniors, pride, and their school. You should in no way expect 8-3 from this App team. Their only losses should be UGA and maybe GSU. App should win every SoCon game outside of possibly GSU and vice versa for GSU against everyone in the SoCon.

smallcollegefbfan
June 9th, 2013, 05:08 PM

If App goes 12-0 this year, beating UGA, they should hang a banner as national champions because they will be #1 in the polls and won't need to win the FCS playoffs. Beating UGA is better than winning the FCS national title in terms of overall rank among all teams.

Saint3333
June 9th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I play for the A on my helmet and the Applachian State across my chest.

CID1990
June 9th, 2013, 06:44 PM
ASU coaches said if the team goes undefeated against SoCon teams they will get a ring. The incentive is there. The expectation last year this time was that 2013 would be your team and you should not lower the standard. App State and GSU have a lot of talent and should most definitely have a big year. Players play for the seniors, pride, and their school. You should in no way expect 8-3 from this App team. Their only losses should be UGA and maybe GSU. App should win every SoCon game outside of possibly GSU and vice versa for GSU against everyone in the SoCon.

Touchdown Citadel!!

Accelerati Incredibilus
June 9th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!

October 5th can't get here quick enough so the Apps can shut this clown up. You'd think El Cid has been beating ASU like a drum for 15 years instead of losing 13 of the last 15.

CID1990
June 9th, 2013, 08:09 PM
October 5th can't get here quick enough so the Apps can shut this clown up. You'd think El Cid has been beating ASU like a drum for 15 years instead of losing 13 of the last 15.

Don't get mad, Sweetheart.

Want to make an avatar bet on that Oct 5 game that will be played in Charleston?

Touchdown Citadel!!

(We're still scoring em!)

smallcollegefbfan
June 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM
I play for the A on my helmet and the Applachian State across my chest.

That is what all App players should play for. Just like GSU players should play for the school name as well. It's about your team and not the rings!

smallcollegefbfan
June 9th, 2013, 08:12 PM

I actually think you guys will get revenge. Citadel will be good again this year but I know the mentality of App and GSU and they will definitely be ready to make up for that loss. I hope Citadel makes it in the playoffs this year though. They have some talent, especially on defense, with a good QB.

citdog
June 9th, 2013, 08:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4YLUVDPFbQ

Saint3333
June 9th, 2013, 09:30 PM
We can eat our crow, citdog can't handle his though.

parr90
June 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM

I think it is a bigger accomplishment for both App and GSU because its a stepping stone for these players getting a step closer to the bigger prize. At least as a player that's what I would feel like. Players have a way of blocking things out for instance in Ohio States situation those guys weren't thinking much about not being able to play in the post season. They were just thinking about winning the next game. Its a pride thing with players, they aren't thinking about rings so much as they are keeping their manhood by winning the next game.

CID1990
June 9th, 2013, 10:07 PM
they aren't thinking about rings so much as they are keeping their manhood by winning the next game.

Well then they must have looked between their legs to see if there weren't vaginas there after that shellacking.

citdog
June 9th, 2013, 11:01 PM
We can eat our crow, citdog can't handle his though.

what crow would that be? the thread of a similar name? i assure you I have eaten more crow than any other man alive!

also Cherokee

parr90
June 10th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Well then they must have looked between their legs to see if there weren't vaginas there after that shellacking.

LOL.....they probably did.

Saint3333
June 10th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Coy today citdog?

The FBS crow...

Here's what you do. No snide remarks, just admit you were wrong, pretty simple.

Apphole
June 10th, 2013, 08:24 AM
what crow would that be?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?130095-The-Official-Citdog-Crow-Eating-Thread&highlight=

citdog
June 10th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Coy today citdog?

The FBS crow...

Here's what you do. No snide remarks, just admit you were wrong, pretty simple.

Simple? That is a good description of yosef's defense against the triple option. For those who are stupid enough to consider this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L09qnRfZY-k

you are fools of the highest order. all you have done is make yourselves IRRELEVANT.

sorry to see you go but as I have always said......"let the erring sisters go in peace".

Saint3333
June 10th, 2013, 09:04 AM
You just can't do it.

If I need to understand what irrelevance feels like I'll be sure to come to the expert, after 20 years you must have a PHD.

You were wrong about App's chances at being invited, sorry for not putting much stock in your other predictions.

asumike83
June 10th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Speaking of our horrible triple option defense last season, very interested to see how much that improves under Nate Woody. I don't expect the 2013 App defense to immediately be the 2012 Wofford defense that was the best in the SoCon but with as much experience as he has with that type of offense, I expect we'll see a much better effort against the TO teams.

citdog
June 10th, 2013, 09:37 AM
You just can't do it.

If I need to understand what irrelevance feels like I'll be sure to come to the expert, after 20 years you must have a PHD.

You were wrong about App's chances at being invited, sorry for not putting much stock in your other predictions.

you have made a HUGE mistake. you will be paying for it for the next 20 years. the only plus is that you won't be doing your bitching HERE.

if you would have bet my predictions from the FCS Wedge you would be living in a nicer cabin.

citdog
June 10th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Speaking of our horrible triple option defense last season, very interested to see how much that improves under Nate Woody. I don't expect the 2013 App defense to immediately be the 2012 Wofford defense that was the best in the SoCon but with as much experience as he has with that type of offense, I expect we'll see a much better effort against the TO teams.

Woody is a GREAT coach. But alas he will not be working with the same type of cerebral players at appy as he had at woffy.

AppChicago
June 10th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Woody is a GREAT coach. But alas he will not be working with the same type of cerebral players at appy as he had at woffy.

They were smart enough not to go to The Citadel.

citdog
June 10th, 2013, 09:44 AM
They were smart enough not to go to The Citadel.

but not to cut the grass.

Apphole
June 10th, 2013, 09:46 AM

HA! He's finally going to get some top athletic talent. He's going to have a field day.

citdog
June 10th, 2013, 09:47 AM
HA! He's finally going to get some top athletic talent. He's going to have a field day.

he should be your HEAD coach.

Saint3333
June 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Again your predictions are worthless, and you've done nothing the past 20 years of note, so at worst we'll be Citadel.

While you are predicting things, when will Citadel win the SoCon crown? You better get one soon two more teams in ETSU and Mercer get programs and pass you by.

Didn't App have the highest APR of ALL FCS schools outside of the Ivy league last year, man what a terrible bunch of student athletes.

citdog
June 10th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Again your predictions are worthless, and you've done nothing the past 20 years of note, so at worst we'll be Citadel.

While you are predicting things, when will Citadel win the SoCon crown? You better get one soon two more teams in ETSU and Mercer get programs and pass you by.

Didn't App have the highest APR of ALL FCS schools outside of the Ivy league last year, man what a terrible bunch of student athletes.

wow! I heard that Harry Potter class is a REAL BITCH!

Apphole
June 10th, 2013, 09:52 AM
he should be your HEAD coach.

Satterfield is better qualified and has a stronger connection to the players, the program, the school and the fans. Better resume and better connections -- a no brainer. The new dynamic is just fine. Will a 10-1 season this year from the Apps make you a believer? I doubt it since you still don't even have the balls to admit your were flat out wrong about App never being admitted to and FBS conference.

asumike83
June 10th, 2013, 09:59 AM

I suppose we'll find out October 5.

Saint3333
June 10th, 2013, 10:05 AM
If only App was harder to get into than Citadel I may have a leg to stand on...

Just because you chose to get treated like $#@* for four years try not to be so bitter.

I don't believe I heard your championship prediction?

citdog
June 10th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Satterfield is better qualified and has a stronger connection to the players, the program, the school and the fans. Better resume and better connections -- a no brainer. The new dynamic is just fine. Will a 10-1 season this year from the Apps make you a believer? I doubt it since you still don't even have the balls to admit your were flat out wrong about App never being admitted to and FBS conference.

Not going to get into a schmeckle measuring contest with you, because you'll lose, about YOUR coach. If you are happy......GREAT! To be quite citdog, not frank, with you I haven't spent much time thinking about yosef or pigs ass since the announcement. EXHIBITION games don't really matter.......and that's ALL either of you are this season. Enjoy the sun bletch. Those tuesday night games are AWESOME!

citdog
June 10th, 2013, 10:09 AM
If only App was harder to get into than Citadel I may have a leg to stand on...

Just because you chose to get treated like $#@* for four years try not to be so bitter.

I don't believe I heard your championship prediction?

The 2013 Socon Champions will be??????????

you'll have to wait like everyone else for the season preview of the FCS Wedge to find out. I'll tell you that it won't be an eagle or a ned beatty raper.

Apphole
June 10th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Not going to get into a schmeckle measuring contest with you, because you'll lose, about YOUR coach. If you are happy......GREAT! To be quite citdog, not frank, with you I haven't spent much time thinking about yosef or pigs ass since the announcement. EXHIBITION games don't really matter.......and that's ALL either of you are this season. Enjoy the sun bletch. Those tuesday night games are AWESOME!

Enjoy your un-televised irrelevance. I will miss having an excuse to go to Chuck town every other year, but I won't miss having to play third-rate, faux military schools.

ASUMountaineer
June 10th, 2013, 10:11 AM
you have made a HUGE mistake. you will be paying for it for the next 20 years. the only plus is that you won't be doing your bitching HERE.

if you would have bet my predictions from the FCS Wedge you would be living in a nicer cabin.

xlolx xthumbsupx

citdog
June 10th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Enjoy your un-televised irrelevance. I will miss having an excuse to go to Chuck town every other year, but I won't miss having to play third-rate, faux military schools.

we have done just fine without having to confederate with the likes of Georgia State or LaLa.

btw.....we're #1

AGAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR2KvwRZ5Ec

ASUMountaineer
June 10th, 2013, 10:20 AM
we have done just fine without having to confederate with the likes of Georgia State or LaLa.

btw.....we're #1

AGAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR2KvwRZ5Ec

Cool story. We simply moved further south with our new conference--you should be jealous.

BTW, do y'all always make the women that are bigger men than any Citadel student, work in the cafeteria?

CID1990
June 10th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Cool story. We simply moved further south with our new conference--you should be jealous.

BTW, do y'all always make the women that are bigger men than any Citadel student, work in the cafeteria?

Those gals have been teefin' food from the chow hall since Mark Clark was fighting in North Africa. They are all healthy women.

CID1990
June 10th, 2013, 10:28 AM
wow! I heard that Harry Potter class is a REAL BITCH!

:D

ASUMountaineer
June 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Those gals have been teefin' food from the chow hall since Mark Clark was fighting in North Africa. They are all healthy women.

Clearly.

BisonFan02
June 10th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Clearly.

Touchdown Citadel!

NoDak 4 Ever
June 10th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Touchdown Citadel!

In this case, you could be excused for duplicating that post 6 more times.

ASUMountaineer
June 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Touchdown Citadel!

It's only funny when an actual El Cit fan posts it. Weaksauce. xsmhx

NoDak 4 Ever
June 10th, 2013, 11:15 AM

No less weak than this silly little slapfight that was already played out like parachute pants on another thread.

CID1990
June 10th, 2013, 12:30 PM

Touchdown Citadel!

ElCid
June 10th, 2013, 12:44 PM

I actually continue to derive pleasure regardless of who says it.:D

Apphole
June 10th, 2013, 12:51 PM

I will derive mucho pleasure when we run the score up on the Bell Hops this year. Our boys will be eager for sweet revenge. I expect no less than 60 points. I'm thinking 3 TD's for Price alone.

ASUMountaineer
June 10th, 2013, 12:52 PM
No less weak than this silly little slapfight that was already played out like parachute pants on another thread.

You need to be more specific. Who is in a slapfight? I haven't hit anyone today...

ASUMountaineer
June 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Touchdown Citadel!

There ya go! xlolx

ASUMountaineer
June 10th, 2013, 12:54 PM

That's about all the pleasure El Cid has had for a long time. :D

BisonFan02
June 10th, 2013, 12:55 PM

Fair enough, whenever I see an El Cit fan post one, I'll add a NDSU Scotty Miller esque "My OH My!" to the end of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XO4QBO4iY

Apphole
June 10th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Fair enough, whenever I see an El Cit fan post one, I'll add a NDSU Scotty Miller esque "My OH My!" to the end of it.

Do all midwestern people pronounce it "Byzin?" I remember watching a few NDSU highlight videos and your arena announcer guy says it the same way. "TOUCHDOWN BYYZOOONN!!!"

It's "Bye-Son."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsfWmwDU17Y

NoDak 4 Ever
June 10th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Do all midwestern people pronounce it "Byzin?" I remember watching a few NDSU highlight videos and your arena announcer guy says it the same way. "TOUCHDOWN BYYZOOONN!!!"

It's "Bye-Son."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsfWmwDU17Y

Really? As nitpicky as you are about how to pronounce Appalachian?

Apphole
June 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Really? As nitpicky as you are about how to pronounce Appalachian?

Yes. Clearly I'm nitpicky about a lot of pronunciations.

It's App-a-latch-in and bi-son. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
June 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Yes. Clearly I'm nitpicky about a lot of pronunciations.

So former NFL wide receiver Andre Rison has his name pronounced like the "ricin"? That would be a nightmare for the mail service.

"Yeah, I got a package labeled Rison"

"YOU WHAT?!?!!"

ASUMountaineer
June 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XO4QBO4iY

That's cool...it definitely would make more sense. xthumbsupx