PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Bottom 10

DTSpider
September 6th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Talk about no love for 1AA football. Check out this week's bottom 10 from espn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2573548&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos2

Go...gate
September 6th, 2006, 05:25 PM
The fact ESPN has to give even grudging respect is great for the classification. We are the top story in the article.

Cap'n Cat
September 6th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Talk about no love for 1AA football. Check out this week's bottom 10 from espn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2573548&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos2

Aw, it wasn't that bad. They're just ignorant.

:nod:

DTSpider
September 6th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I'm sorry, but saying that any loss to a 1AA program is worse than a loss to Buffalo is just wrong.

Unfortunately the Temple - Buffalo game was on tv and I'll admit that I watched the 4th quarter & overtime.

Cap'n Cat
September 6th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry, but saying that any loss to a 1AA program is worse than a loss to Buffalo is just wrong.

Unfortunately the Temple - Buffalo game was on tv and I'll admit that I watched the 4th quarter & overtime.

One day, Spidey, the rabid I-AA jingoists among us will learn that we have our place. If we were as good as we all think we are, we'd be winning half of these I-A games, right? Let's concentrate on the good in our system and quit trying to measure up to another standard.

My opinion only.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2006, 06:07 PM
And why is Rice also recieving mention? They were kicking around the Univ of Houston until falling flat in the 4th quarter. They look great!

ESPN giving no love to I-AA is ridiculous. I guess the bottom ten will fill up some more this week with I-AA victims!

Ralph, cue that nice little music you played on I-AA Waves a few weeks ago...

89Hen
September 6th, 2006, 08:00 PM
The fact ESPN has to give even grudging respect is great for the classification. We are the top story in the article.
I kinda agree. Reading that I would be like, holy crap I-AA beat the tar out of I-A's in week one. :nod: :thumbsup:

elkmcc
September 6th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Kind of a bummer for the bobcats when their "greatest win in history" is to a #2 of "The Bottom Ten".:eyebrow:

GeauxLions94
September 6th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Not that all bad ... at least Louisiana-Lafayette is getting some votes xlolx

GannonFan
September 6th, 2006, 11:28 PM
One day, Spidey, the rabid I-AA jingoists among us will learn that we have our place. If we were as good as we all think we are, we'd be winning half of these I-A games, right? Let's concentrate on the good in our system and quit trying to measure up to another standard.

My opinion only.

Agree with ya Cappy - it's all fine and well that we had 3 big wins versus I-A this past week, but we lost a lot more than we won, and in the meantime people overlook losses that I-AA had to sub-DI teams - heck, a scholarship program, South Dakota St, lost by multiple touchdowns to a nothing-special DIII team. I like I-AA irregardless of what we do versus I-A - my enjoyment of Delaware football isn't affected one iota by what others think of it - we should have the same attitude to I-AA football. Enjoy it and don't give a lick what others think.

September 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Extra Stinky Pile of Nothing
Losing to Div. I-AA Richmond is bad enough, but the Blue Devils were also shut out.

Cap'n Cat
September 7th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Agree with ya Cappy - it's all fine and well that we had 3 big wins versus I-A this past week, but we lost a lot more than we won, and in the meantime people overlook losses that I-AA had to sub-DI teams - heck, a scholarship program, South Dakota St, lost by multiple touchdowns to a nothing-special DIII team. I like I-AA irregardless of what we do versus I-A - my enjoyment of Delaware football isn't affected one iota by what others think of it - we should have the same attitude to I-AA football. Enjoy it and don't give a lick what others think.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

atlGAmocs
September 7th, 2006, 09:25 AM
I don't begrudge ESPN for this. I-A should beat I-AA (especially an ACC team), there are subdivisions for reasons. Much like we ridicule those in our ranks for losing to lower division teams. We have a great product in I-AA. We have a true, undisputed National Champion every year (unless you believe the poo coming from the SWAC). We need to quit worrying about I-A and the comparisons. Besides what good does it do to say APSU, Montana St., or UNH is better than Temple? Who cares?

AppGuy04
September 7th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I don't begrudge ESPN for this. I-A should beat I-AA (especially an ACC team), there are subdivisions for reasons. Much like we ridicule those in our ranks for losing to lower division teams. We have a great product in I-AA. We have a true, undisputed National Champion every year (unless you believe the poo coming from the SWAC). We need to quit worrying about I-A and the comparisons. Besides what good does it do to say APSU, Montana St., or UNH is better than Temple? Who cares?

Austin Peay State University???:confused:

drjman
September 7th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Well what it says is that a team with arguably fewer FB resources, likely fewer schollys, and fewer "big name" athletes (less future pros) beat a team supposedly with more of those things.

DB_Atlantic10
September 7th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Well next year it will sound more like this... "Can you believe a Div-I BCS team lost to at Div-I Championship Series team"!!!!!!!:eek:

atlGAmocs
September 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Austin Peay State University???:confused:

Exactly Austin Peay State University :D Hey i am a Tennessee guy.

Actually, I did mean ASU.

Really though who cares what ESPN says about I-AA? Hey its football, enjoy it!

TulsaBobcat
September 7th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Kind of a bummer for the bobcats when their "greatest win in history" is to a #2 of "The Bottom Ten".:eyebrow:

You truly are a sad, little man. Your false candor this week has made me ill. Elk, I can see right through you. Flame on charlatan.

elkmcc
September 7th, 2006, 12:55 PM
You truly are a sad, little man. Your false candor this week has made me ill. Elk, I can see right through you. Flame on charlatan.

The problem with many of you bobcat fans is that you have got such an inferiority complex that you don't recognize support when you get it.
So sad you are not feeling yourself.:hurray:

goasu984Life
September 7th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I can't believe that the guy who comes up with the bottom 10 actually thought that Dook was gonna win against Richmond anyway. It wasn't that shocking to me, and I don't know why it would be shocking to him. Hell, Richmond has done more in the last five years on the football field than Dook could ever imagine doing anymore.

dbackjon
September 7th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I can't believe that the guy who comes up with the bottom 10 actually thought that Dook was gonna win against Richmond anyway. It wasn't that shocking to me, and I don't know why it would be shocking to him. Hell, Richmond has done more in the last five years on the football field than Dook could ever imagine doing anymore.

If he'd had bother to read this board, he would have seen most were saying a Duke win would be the upset :)

goasu984Life
September 7th, 2006, 01:08 PM
If he'd had bother to read this board, he would have seen most were saying a Duke win would be the upset :)

Everyone should be as smart as us. That's for sure.

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Do we have our own cable channel yet? :cool:

UMass922
September 9th, 2006, 12:27 PM

My opinion only.

Agreed. I can only speak for myself, but I'm a I-AA fan because I went to a I-AA school, plain and simple. Those of you who have no ties whatsoever to any I-AA school or city/area but became a fan simply because you somehow decided through neutral, disinterested observation that the quality of play and competition at this classification is superior to what I-A has to offer, please raise your hand. As for me, I have a hard time getting worked up about what ESPN or any other major media outlet has to say about I-AA. I certainly don't get offended when someone suggests that it's embarrassing for a I-A to lose to a I-AA. If Navy loses to UMass this afternoon, I would expect them and their fans to feel embarrassed--just as I would feel embarrassed if UMass were to lose to a D-II school.