PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm still pissedola @ Bohl and NDSU. I hate you because (no smack)

Panther88
June 2nd, 2013, 03:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJqi82PUaeI

You guys have (had) a great team fall 2012. Coaching, superior. Players, superior. Fans, superior. I acknowledge NDSU fully.

But I hate you guys. xblehx I hate you because of the g'damned score. Your staff showed sportsmanship by inserting 2nd teamers mid-way 2nd qrtr and that's a great thing for the guys who are 2nd/3rd stringers. But, what your staff did was cause another lull by Prairie View "fans," who cannot differentiate good collegiate football from bad, and cause them to think that there is zero crisis in Prairie View football. For you see, opposing teams have scored ~60+ points for such a long time until most think this is the norm for Prairie View football and is seemingly quite acceptable.

If I had my way and IFF I had direct connectivity to coach Bohl pre-game, I would've asked him to leave the 1st teamers in until start of 4th qrtr. Keep the offensive pedal to the metal. And, keep pressing on defense so that NDSU could've scored 100+ points. I seriously doubt the threat of a starter being injured was evident unless wants to count the infamous turf monster who was more capable of tackling NDSU offenders on that particular day lol. Maybe the embarrassment of scoring 100+ points w/ national attention would've been the much needed wakeup call that's required to get some of out of their Prairie View football ignorance. xsmhx

Panther88
June 2nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Case in point (now I'll talk football):

Pre-season 2012, some said our offensive line was "great." They ASSume(d) that because an o-line averages 6'2" and 293lbs, that it's automatically "great." WTF????

When did lard become "great?" lol xlolx Our oline was severely obese(plain ol' fat), physically weak (not so sure of the required weightroom commitment by D-I FCS ball players), slow, and also made a lot of mental mistakes. And, by reviewing clips over and over, I thought I detected a lot of intimidation by NDSU's d-line over PV's o-line. xsmhx It looked as though NDSU's dline just had their way w/ whatever they wanted to do, 1st team, 2nd team, and even those few 3rd stringers I saw in various clips.

gumby013
June 2nd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Do you have an open date 9/7 or 9/14?

TheRevSFA
June 2nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
You coming to Nac for our game?

tourguide
June 2nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
NDSU has enough of a problem getting OOC home games. embarassing a team brave enough to visit Fargo is not a smart idea. you will see the same formula vs DSU and whatever DII school they schedule in September

Panther88
June 2nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Do you have an open date 9/7 or 9/14?

Sched is full, gumb.

Panther88
June 2nd, 2013, 09:42 PM
You coming to Nac for our game?
Yes, w/ bells and whistles on. Are you attending?

Also, can you convey to your staff to keep the hammer down? lol I expect no less than 60pts from SFA.

Panther88
June 2nd, 2013, 09:46 PM
NDSU has enough of a problem getting OOC home games. embarassing a team brave enough to visit Fargo is not a smart idea. you will see the same formula vs DSU and whatever DII school they schedule in September

I.e., 2nd qrtr mercy rule lol. Wish that were not the case fall '12. :( Could've used the true blowout victory to send a powerful mssg to some ridiculously athletic-dumb PV ppl lol.

TheRevSFA
June 2nd, 2013, 10:12 PM
Yes, w/ bells and whistles on. Are you attending?

Also, can you convey to your staff to keep the hammer down? lol I expect no less than 60pts from SFA.

Yeah. Feel free to tailgate with us

BisonFan02
June 2nd, 2013, 10:16 PM

Thu, Sept 1 vs
McMurry
W
82-6
1-0 (0-0)

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=312442617

That was two years ago now....anyone remember that one? :D

Panther88
June 3rd, 2013, 03:57 AM

Appreciate the offer there rev. I'll be in contact when the week arrives.

Panther88
June 3rd, 2013, 03:58 AM
Thu, Sept 1 vs
McMurry
W
82-6
1-0 (0-0)

There is hope lol. Ouch.

gotts
June 3rd, 2013, 08:44 AM
8:54 mark FTW

TheRevSFA
June 3rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Thu, Sept 1 vs
McMurry
W
82-6
1-0 (0-0)

That was a close one. We narrowly defeated them....

Panther88
June 3rd, 2013, 09:07 AM

lol Seemed as though the defense was scoring at will, as well.

Sammy94
June 3rd, 2013, 09:16 AM

Is that the one where the Jacks were still going for 2pt conversions up by 50? Stay classy Jacks.

TheRevSFA
June 3rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Is that the one where the Jacks were still going for 2pt conversions up by 50? Stay classy Jacks.

Why not treat it as practice? We swing the gate and go for 2 if there is a matchup.

Sammy94
June 3rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Why not treat it as practice? We swing the gate and go for 2 if there is a matchup.

With this type mentality, Panther88 this may be the year for you. SFA will need a game you are wanting to get some national attention again also.

TheRevSFA
June 3rd, 2013, 09:37 AM
With this type mentality, Panther88 this may be the year for you. SFA will need a game you are wanting to get some national attention again also.

Acting like Sam never ran up the score on anyone..Bacone College anyone?

I mean..at least McMurry got 6 on us..it wasn't as bad as Texas College :D

In all seriousness, I ripped on Harper in an email over that game

Panther88
June 3rd, 2013, 09:46 AM

It's an opposing defense's responsibility to stop an offensive onslaught. My mentality is score @ will until they stop you OR the opposing squad needs to perform a re-assessment and rethink its position on sports or attempt to better itself. I don't see too much of either from Prairie View football these days lol.

Sammy94
June 3rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Acting like Sam never ran up the score on anyone..Bacone College anyone?

We don't look at pre-Fritz football around here. :D

TheRevSFA
June 3rd, 2013, 11:08 AM

xlolx

Panther88
June 3rd, 2013, 11:13 AM

xlolx