PDA

View Full Version : Big Bird Q&A (Southern Conference commissioner John Iamarino discusses future)

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 10:04 AM
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20130529/PC20/130529176/1032/qa-southern-conference-commissioner-john-iamarino-discusses-future-of-league

http://www.themillions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/570_big-bird-wins.jpg

The most intriguing part is the entertainment of the idea of making the departing members ineligible for championships.

Oh, and this bit is pretty laughable. xlolx

I would like for us to go deep into the digital space with video streaming, where we can get football, basketball and baseball streamed through a central portal so fans can see their teams’ home games and away. We also want to expand our presence on linear TV, where we currently don’t any any inventory.

IBleedYellow
May 29th, 2013, 10:20 AM
It's almost as laughable as the Sun Belt. Almost.

Keep talking **** about the SoCon's demise, I'll wait until you're pushed back down to the same division that is equal with over half of us at the FCS level again. xlolx

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 10:29 AM

Keep talking **** about the SoCon's demise, I'll wait until you're pushed back down to the same division that is equal with over half of us at the FCS level again. xlolx

Good one, bro. xthumbsupx

But really, where in this post do you see anything about the SoCon's demise? I posted an article.

I'm surprised you're able to type with your head in the sand.

aceinthehole
May 29th, 2013, 10:30 AM
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20130529/PC20/130529176/1032/qa-southern-conference-commissioner-john-iamarino-discusses-future-of-league

Oh, and this bit is pretty laughable. xlolx

I would like for us to go deep into the digital space with video streaming, where we can get football, basketball and baseball streamed through a central portal so fans can see their teams’ home games and away. We also want to expand our presence on linear TV, where we currently don’t any any inventory.

You mean, like NEC FrontRow :)

http://www.necfrontrow.com/

Lehigh Football Nation
May 29th, 2013, 10:34 AM
After the announcements by Davidson and Elon, the athletic directors from the seven remaining schools conducted a conference call on their own, not sponsored by the league. They reassured each other that they are in it for the long haul.

Is this normal?

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Is this normal?

I doubt it. Maybe it's just a way to make rational decisions and avoid involving Big Bird. That guy will screw up just about anything.

danefan
May 29th, 2013, 10:44 AM
You mean, like NEC FrontRow :)

http://www.necfrontrow.com/

Like www.caa.tv (http://www.caa.tv)

ASUMountaineer
May 29th, 2013, 10:44 AM

Well, I think games on PBS is pretty laughable.

I didn't see where he mentioned the SoCon's demise. Perhaps I missed it. Could you point it out? K thanks! xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
May 29th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Is this normal?

I wouldn't think so. It is interesting that they would take it upon themselves to do this, without the SoCon's knowledge or blessing.

walliver
May 29th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Is this normal?

I think it is. Most of these people know each other so it is very easy for them to pick up the phone and make a call.

People can say things in an unofficial conference call that they wouldn't say in a formal meeting (like talk about the commissioner :)).

The other thing to consider is that ASU, GSU, Day, Elon, and even CofC are still technically members of the conference.

The Cats
May 29th, 2013, 11:17 AM
The most intriguing part is the entertainment of the idea of making the departing members ineligible for championships.

[/I]

In your usual quest to demean the conference by any means, you forgot to give the commissioner's recommendation on the above topic....
My approach is, we should allow them to compete for championships...

But, it's not up to him, it's up to the 7 remaining presidents/chancellors.

ASUMountaineer
May 29th, 2013, 11:25 AM
In your usual quest to demean the conference by any means, you forgot to give the commissioner's recommendation on the above topic....

In your usual quest to take issue with something by any means, you forgot to state where Apphole said something demeaning to the SoCon in his statement?

There is absolutely nothing "demeaning" in that statement. It is, in fact, the most intriguing part of the interview because it means changing the by-laws of the conference. Apphole didn't state, or imply, that only the Commissioner would determine eligibility for championships. Nice try, but once again you missed the boat.

cmaxwellgsu
May 29th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Wouldn't call this a conference's demise by any means, but does that conference imply anything about a potential job opening at the top?

The Cats
May 29th, 2013, 12:19 PM
In your usual quest to take issue with something by any means, you forgot to state where Apphole said something demeaning to the SoCon in his statement?

There is absolutely nothing "demeaning" in that statement. It is, in fact, the most intriguing part of the interview because it means changing the by-laws of the conference. Apphole didn't state, or imply, that only the Commissioner would determine eligibility for championships. Nice try, but once again you missed the boat.

Just look at the title of this thread, and the pic of big bird. So that's not demeaning the commissioner and the conference?

I certainly didn't miss anything, obviously in your hurry to reply to my post, you lost all reasonable thoughts.

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 12:25 PM

There is nothing demeaning in my OP other than shots at Big Bird, which AGA fans of most conference members departing/staying do on a regular basis.

Can you replace your tampon and have an adult conversation with the rest of us about the interview please?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 12:33 PM

Mounty, as a friend I'm tellin' ya that you have been turning yourself into the Bill Donahue of App State. Good lord this thread was absolutely meant to demean...maybe rightfully so even but c'mon man. xlolx

phoenix3
May 29th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Isn't linear TV regular TV? Like CBS & TNT? It's just regular non-interactive TV right? (You have to forgive me, I'm old & am not up on all the new lingo).

Lehigh Football Nation
May 29th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Isn't linear TV regular TV? Like CBS & TNT? It's just regular non-interactive TV right? (You have to forgive me, I'm old & am not up on all the new lingo).

Linear TV is "Television service where the viewer has to watch a scheduled TV program at the particular time it’s offered, and on the particular channel it's presented on." This is different than time-shifted TV (DVRs) and on-demand TV, watch anywhere, anytime.

Live sports on TV is by definition linear. (Except if it's Georgetown's Verizon FiOS TV deal. There, the broadcasts were not linear, only available on-demand, somewhere, somehow, well after the game was broadcast, at a mystery, secure, undisclosed location.)

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Mounty, as a friend I'm tellin' ya that you have been turning yourself into the Bill Donahue of App State. Good lord this thread was absolutely meant to demean...maybe rightfully so even but c'mon man. xlolx

It was meant to
A) Poke fun at John Iamarino, which is absolutely called for. For God sakes this guy has completely mismanaged the conference no matter what your perspective on the SoCon/FBS/ ect.

and

B) Share an article with interesting, relevant and useful tidbits of info about the future of the conference and the departing members.

I say demeaning things about the SoCon all the time. This isn't one of them.

ElCid
May 29th, 2013, 12:45 PM

I guess so. Some made up phrase by someone who feels the need to use a catchy new phrase in an attempt to either seem smarter or appear more hip than everyone else.....when really they are just dumber than a box of rocks. They usually never seem to understand that people will just see right through their silly attempts.

Saint3333
May 29th, 2013, 12:46 PM
If they didn't want exiting member to be ineligible for championships they should have written it into the bylaws before the situation occurred, just like the CAA did. Everyone is fine with being excluded for football as that was the rule when the decision was made and announced. For all other sports the programs are in until 6/30/14.

BUT if we are ok with changing the rules as we go along, maybe we can negoiate the exit fee as well... just saying.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 29th, 2013, 12:51 PM
I guess so. Some made up phrase by someone who feels the need to use a catchy new phrase in an attempt to either seem smarter or appear more hip than everyone else.....when really they are just dumber than a box of rocks. They usually never seem to understand that people will just see right through their silly attempts.

IMO, it is a more important distinction than it might seem at first.

Would you rather see a Citadel game on TV live, as it's happening, or would you prefer it to only be available hours later on-demand? Would you prefer it over the internet, with a patchy connection that might bug out on you, through the air broadcast live from an antenna that might be subject to interference, or through a cable box, paying money for the privilege?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 29th, 2013, 12:54 PM
If they didn't want exiting member to be ineligible for championships they should have written it into the bylaws before the situation occurred, just like the CAA did. Everyone is fine with being excluded for football as that was the rule when the decision was made and announced. For all other sports the programs are in until 6/30/14.

BUT if we are ok with changing the rules as we go along, maybe we can negoiate the exit fee as well... just saying.

Personally I think it's stupid to purposely exclude Davidson from the NCAAs because 1) they're almost certainly going to be the best SoCon team next year by far and 2) they have a more than fair chance to leave a parting gift for the SoCon in the form of NCAA shares. They're not going to be holding back some other SoCon team from greatness in hoops. The only scenario is a win for the SoCon.

ElCid
May 29th, 2013, 12:55 PM
IMO, it is a more important distinction than it might seem at first.

Would you rather see a Citadel game on TV live, as it's happening, or would you prefer it to only be available hours later on-demand? Would you prefer it over the internet, with a patchy connection that might bug out on you, through the air broadcast live from an antenna that might be subject to interference, or through a cable box, paying money for the privilege?

I was not talking about the concept, just the stupid phrase. Live TV, Tape Delayed, On demand. All common terms understood by all. "Linear TV"...give me a break. I thought you could have figured out that that is what I was talking about.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 29th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I was not talking about the concept, just the stupid phrase. Live TV, Tape Delayed, On demand. All common terms understood by all. "Linear TV"...give me a break. I thought you could have figured out that that is what I was talking about.

I'll agree there. I'm not a big "buzzword guy".

WUTNDITWAA
May 29th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Personally I think it's stupid to purposely exclude Davidson from the NCAAs because 1) they're almost certainly going to be the best SoCon team next year by far and 2) they have a more than fair chance to leave a parting gift for the SoCon in the form of NCAA shares. They're not going to be holding back some other SoCon team from greatness in hoops. The only scenario is a win for the SoCon.

If I'm one of the remaining SoCon members, I keep my trap shut, hope to hell Davidson reaches the Sweet 16 and split those shares seven ways. Denying the departing SoCon members access to championships is a perfect recipe for one-and-done.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 01:01 PM
It was meant to
A) Poke fun at John Iamarino, which is absolutely called for. For God sakes this guy has completely mismanaged the conference no matter what your perspective on the SoCon/FBS/ ect.

and

B) Share an article with interesting, relevant and useful tidbits of info about the future of the conference and the departing members.

I say demeaning things about the SoCon all the time. This isn't one of them.

I understand all that. The man may very well have mismanaged the conference cuz I'm not in the know on it all but judging from SOME (that's so you don't think it's about you ASUMountaineer so consider that the qualifier that leaves you out of that xlolx) past App St. fan comments they don't ever seem to realize that HE does not make decisions...the conference presidents do, then he carries them out at their collective demand.

I have no problem with the thread...the Big Bird thing f'n cracks me up. However trying to mix it in with a reasonable discussion you want to have might cause some confusion on your intent don't ya think?

Let's keep it straight though on who is to blame for bad decisions in your eyes...it is the members of the conference and even in some cases your own school president going along with them. It just always seems that a lot of App fans want to act like he is making unilateral decisions that hurt App or whatever.

Sandlapper Spike
May 29th, 2013, 01:02 PM

Dunno about that. Davidson won't be any better next season than it was last year, and it didn't win its first-round game, though admittedly it had to work hard to blow that one.

The flip side of that is the school that makes the NCAAs gets the attendant publicity and exposure for being in the event. I can see the remaining schools wanting to keep that for themselves.

In the end, they probably won't pull a CAA move, other than the departing schools won't be allowed to host league championship events (which is perfectly reasonable).

ElCid
May 29th, 2013, 01:02 PM

I think it was an off the cuff remark given without proper thought. One that he regrets. If you look again at the actual comment, he said, in regard to eligibility, "That topic is on our agenda. My approach is, we should allow them to compete for championships, but I don’t think we should allow them to host conference championships. I know allowing them to compete is not a feeling shared by all of our core seven, but that’s my recommendation.”

Having a feeling and acting on it are two different things. In regard to allowing them to compete, instead of saying "my reccomendation" he should have probably said, "that is the current rule." Not sure if the rule can be changed at this point without an ugly lawsuit or negotiation about exit fees.

Saint3333
May 29th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Actually DC lost quite a bit from last year and aren't likely to win any games should they make the tourney. So either way the SoCon gets one game.

What would be stupid and childish, quite frankly, would be to amend the rules because you're mad that a neighbor is moving to another state in 18 months and rather than play with them over that time you pick up your ball and go home. I certainly don't think that will happen but if it did I would equate it to how a 5 year old would react.

I have to wonder if they are more upset with Elon and DC than they are with App and GSU. App especially was very upfront about our intention to pursue FBS for 18-24 months before it occurred. If they didn't see that coming (and change the rules then) they either 1) didn't think it would happen or 2) weren't concerned. Whichever it was, in some ways has set off dominoes that was put the conference in the position that it finds itself in today.

asumike83
May 29th, 2013, 01:05 PM

That is definitely a valid point, they could be leaving money on the table by not allowing Davidson to compete for an NCAA basketball berth.

Aside from the financial impact, it would be very unfair to the student-athletes to have the rug pulled out from under them after the fact. It isn't just the revenue sports either, this would be telling hundreds of kids who participate in T&F, volleyball, tennis, soccer, etc. that they are no longer eligible for the conference championship that they've been aiming for.

I don't like that the CAA does it that way but at least it was a fact known to the schools when they decided to leave. Not hosting championships is clearly understandable but not changing the rules about championship eligibility after members have decided to leave. I think it is highly unlikely that this happens.

ASUMountaineer
May 29th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Just look at the title of this thread, and the pic of big bird. So that's not demeaning the commissioner and the conference?

I certainly didn't miss anything, obviously in your hurry to reply to my post, you lost all reasonable thoughts.

xlolx You always complain about insults, but are the first to hurl them. It's time to grow up.

Of course his post was demeaning to the Commissioner (that was the point), but you never mentioned the Commissioner. You also didn't mention the thread title, or the picture. You simply quoted one sentence, which was not demeaning in the least bit. In your rush to be offended, you either forgot say what you actually meant or you're backtracking--I'm sure it's the latter. Again, grow up.

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I understand all that. The man may very well have mismanaged the conference cuz I'm not in the know on it all but judging from SOME (that's so you don't think it's about you ASUMountaineer so consider that the qualifier that leaves you out of that xlolx) past App St. fan comments they don't ever seem to realize that HE does not make decisions...the conference presidents do, then he carries them out at their collective demand.

I have no problem with the thread...the Big Bird thing f'n cracks me up. However trying to mix it in with a reasonable discussion you want to have might cause some confusion on your intent don't ya think?

Let's keep it straight though on who is to blame for bad decisions in your eyes...it is the members of the conference and even in some cases your own school president going along with them. It just always seems that a lot of App fans want to act like he is making unilateral decisions that hurt App or whatever.

Well I clarified by two-part agenda in that last post. I didn't realize it would be such flame topic (IE I didn't realize that multiple people would take is as a shot at the SoCon because there is nothing whatsoever in the OP that demeans the conference).

The Big Bird moniker is related to his physical appearance and the fact that he has us playing football on PBS.

Anyway, it seems like you're trying to convince me that the small-time, reactive, defeatist, busch league actions of the conference that have frustrated a number of people over the years, including myself, are a result of the "core 7" and not of Iamarino. Which, if I totally bought into, would make me an ass hole, since I would have to shift those types of statements to "demeaning the SoCon" rather than attacking the conference leadership and treating the league itself as an equally innocent victim in the conference's decline.

It's a catch 22. xlolx

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I think it was an off the cuff remark given without proper thought.

"Off the cuff" remarks seem to be his schtick recently. After all, how can you prepare a statement when everything that happens catches your administration off guard?

ASUMountaineer
May 29th, 2013, 01:20 PM

The Cats falls for the trolling attempts, every.single.time. It's just too easy to get him riled up. xshhhx

I've pretty much been myself on these boards for years, but lately I have been trying out a shtick. It's been fun, but being called "the Bill Donahue of App State" has made me see the errors of my ways. My apologies admindickface, it won't happen again. xhugx xlolx

ElCid
May 29th, 2013, 01:22 PM
"Off the cuff" remarks seem to be his schtick recently. After all, how can you prepare a statement when everything that happens catches your administration off guard?

I think we need to bring back "no comment" to our public speaking lexicon. People all over get in trouble by running their mouths.....

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Well I clarified by two-part agenda in that last post. I didn't realize it would be such flame topic (IE I didn't realize that multiple people would take is as a shot at the SoCon because there is nothing whatsoever in the OP that demeans the conference).

The Big Bird moniker is related to his physical appearance and the fact that he has us playing football on PBS.

Anyway, it seems like you're trying to convince me that the small-time, reactive, defeatist, busch league actions of the conference that have frustrated a number of people over the years, including myself, are a result of the "core 7" and not of Iamarino. Which, if I totally bought into, would make me an ass hole, since I would have to shift those types of statements to "demeaning the SoCon" rather than attacking the conference leadership and treating the league itself as an equally innocent victim in the conference's decline.

It's a catch 22. xlolx

But we can't assume you wouldn't be incorrect in assuming that App St. Prez was not part of those decisions so you would be assigning blame when you don't know for sure and just making suppositions. When the PBS thing came about a couple of years ago someone on here said (not sure who or if true) that the vote was unanimous to move off of paying for Big South. I did not see that point refuted by anyone else so it gave it slightly more cred.

I know the whole Big Bird thing, that's why it is funny. The first time I saw the pic I went "holy ****!".

ASUMountaineer
May 29th, 2013, 01:25 PM

Dangit, Ursus! You are killing me today, bro! xblehx

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 01:28 PM
The Cats falls for the trolling attempts, every.single.time. It's just too easy to get him riled up. xshhhx

I've pretty much been myself on these boards for years, but lately I have been trying out a shtick. It's been fun, but being called "the Bill Donahue of App State" has made me see the errors of my ways. My apologies admindickface, it won't happen again. xhugx xlolx

Thanks BDASU!

admindickface...you son of a...

xsmileyclapx

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 01:30 PM
But we can't assume you wouldn't be incorrect in assuming that App St. Prez was not part of those decisions so you would be assigning blame when you don't know for sure and just making suppositions. When the PBS thing came about a couple of years ago someone on here said (not sure who or if true) that the vote was unanimous to move off of paying for Big South. I did not see that point refuted by anyone else so it gave it slightly more cred.

I know the whole Big Bird thing, that's why it is funny. The first time I saw the pic I went "holy ****!".

I can assure you that Cobb & company were NOT among the folks that happily had us losing TV deals, adding no-name private schools and adopting a reactive conference realignment policy. You may be right. But if I'm going to complain on AGS and actually talk about the issues, I can only do so if I tip toe around certain topics like "how the SoCon ****ed up." But don't get me wrong though. Busch league is the mantra of the SoCon if nonexistent/terrible TV deals and adding VMI are celebrated decisions.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I can assure you that Cobb & company were NOT among the folks that happily had us losing TV deals, adding no-name private schools and adopting a reactive conference realignment policy. You may be right. But if I'm going to complain on AGS and actually talk about the issues, I can only do so if I tip toe around certain topics like "how the SoCon ****ed up." But don't get me wrong though. Busch league is the mantra of the SoCon if nonexistent/terrible TV deals and adding VMI are celebrated decisions.

You only have to tip toe if you have an expectation of not being challenged on it. I don't think that is the case. Small private schools got you into the SoCon in the first place so maybe it's not all their fault...who knows.

BTW, you can not assure me of your claims by just saying so like that cuz it's opinion but ifwe have the knew the votes then I'd go along with ya on it.

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 01:40 PM
You only have to tip toe if you have an expectation of not being challenged on it. I don't think that is the case. Small private schools got you into the SoCon in the first place so maybe it's not all their fault...who knows.

There are 4-5 threads with Me, Saint, ASUMountaineer ect defending that position. It's a dead horse honestly. Some people just don't want to face the reality that the SoCon has lost just about all of it's luster. I think there are a number of reasons why, but certain reasons are impossible to discuss on AGS without TheCats crying and dripping menstrual blood everywhere, LFN deflecting and attacking the SunBelt, or some other vindictive derailment of the topic.

That's why I chose to focus on attacking Big Bird today, because we can all get on board with that one. Oh and sharing this article and discussing it's content of course :D.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 01:51 PM
There are 4-5 threads with Me, Saint, ASUMountaineer ect defending that position. It's a dead horse honestly. Some people just don't want to face the reality that the SoCon has lost just about all of it's luster. I think there are a number of reasons why, but certain reasons are impossible to discuss on AGS without TheCats crying and dripping menstrual blood everywhere, LFN deflecting and attacking the SunBelt, or some other vindictive derailment of the topic.

That's why I chose to focus on attacking Big Bird today, because we can all get on board with that one. Oh and sharing this article and discussing it's content of course :D.

The SoCon has lost it's luster for your team, I get that and do not share LFN's or The Cat's thoughts on any of the constant back & forth and so on.

But if you meant the SoCon has lost it's luster for the rest of us...that ain't true for me. I will be no less interested in seeing the goings on or watching any SoCon I can than I have been in the past.

ASUMountaineer
May 29th, 2013, 02:04 PM
There are reasons why the SoCon has become a little destabilized, but it's not all Iamarino's fault or the fault of the small privates. In the case of App State and GSU, nothing the SoCon could have done--short of becoming an FBS conference--would have kept the schools in the fray. With the other three schools leaving, it may end up being a benefit to SoCon football in the long-term. Sure, you're losing two good basketball programs, but you're replacing them with all-sports members. That's important for stability in the conference. I do think that CCU should get more consideration from the SoCon, but that's on the presidents.

With that said, I truly don't wish any ill-will on the SoCon or the teams/schools. I started following App State and the SoCon in 1998 when I was admitted to App State. The relationship between App State and the SoCon has been mutually beneficial. However, the time has come for App State to move on. I honestly don't see why LFN has such a problem with it, or why The Cats remains perpetually offended. But, I hope that WCU can get things straightened out and start competing for SoCon titles soon. The only person, group, school I wish ill-will towards is Davidson. I hope that they crash and burn in the A-10. (I also wouldn't be upset if UTC continued to finish no higher than 3rd in the conference in football xlolx)

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 02:09 PM
The SoCon has lost it's luster for your team, I get that and do not share LFN's or The Cat's thoughts on any of the constant back & forth and so on.

But if you meant the SoCon has lost it's luster for the rest of us...that ain't true for me. I will be no less interested in seeing the goings on or watching any SoCon I can than I have been in the past.

I don't know man. I'm not sure if you're being honest with yourself. I'm sure your thoughts on the SoCon are similar to what mine are of the Big Sky. I see Montana as the west coast version of App State. If Montana was leaving the BSC, I wouldn't really care much for the BSC. On the other hand, I know you're one of the biggest FCS connoisseurs of all time, which means you're interested in ever FCS conference to an extent. That's really the only rational explanation I can come up with for why your thoughts on the league wouldn't have changed over the past 4 months.

From the point of view of a remaining SoCon member, you're losing the #1 and 2 football schools, the #1 and 2 basketball schools, four of your top baseball schools and so on, all just years after going from Fox Sports to PBS to nothing on TV. The SoCon will still exist. Certain schools will thrive just like they have in the wake of departures over the past 90 years, but for the time being, the SoCon has lost it's luster. It has been mismanaged by Big Bird with the consent of most of the remaining member institutions.

asumike83
May 29th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I just couldn't resist:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-A_S3UyismqA/UaZWE85k1hI/AAAAAAAAAFA/upaX8IvwwW4/s1600/bigbird-iamarino.JPG

SpiritCymbal
May 29th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I have to wonder if they are more upset with Elon and DC than they are with App and GSU. App especially was very upfront about our intention to pursue FBS for 18-24 months before it occurred.

Same for GSU once we got a new President and new AD. Iamarino even said as much the day ASU and GSU made it official. He commented on how it wasn't a surprise for the SoCon, they were ready for it b/c both schools had kept them well informed during the whole process.

He didn't have that same reaction after Eloan and Davy left.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 02:43 PM
There are reasons why the SoCon has become a little destabilized, but it's not all Iamarino's fault or the fault of the small privates. In the case of App State and GSU, nothing the SoCon could have done--short of becoming an FBS conference--would have kept the schools in the fray. With the other three schools leaving, it may end up being a benefit to SoCon football in the long-term. Sure, you're losing two good basketball programs, but you're replacing them with all-sports members. That's important for stability in the conference. I do think that CCU should get more consideration from the SoCon, but that's on the presidents.

With that said, I truly don't wish any ill-will on the SoCon or the teams/schools. I started following App State and the SoCon in 1998 when I was admitted to App State. The relationship between App State and the SoCon has been mutually beneficial. However, the time has come for App State to move on. I honestly don't see why LFN has such a problem with it, or why The Cats remains perpetually offended. But, I hope that WCU can get things straightened out and start competing for SoCon titles soon. The only person, group, school I wish ill-will towards is Davidson. I hope that they crash and burn in the A-10. (I also wouldn't be upset if UTC continued to finish no higher than 3rd in the conference in football xlolx)

A thing of beauty slick.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I don't know man. I'm not sure if you're being honest with yourself. I'm sure your thoughts on the SoCon are similar to what mine are of the Big Sky. I see Montana as the west coast version of App State. If Montana was leaving the BSC, I wouldn't really care much for the BSC. On the other hand, I know you're one of the biggest FCS connoisseurs of all time, which means you're interested in ever FCS conference to an extent. That's really the only rational explanation I can come up with for why your thoughts on the league wouldn't have changed over the past 4 months.

From the point of view of a remaining SoCon member, you're losing the #1 and 2 football schools, the #1 and 2 basketball schools, four of your top baseball schools and so on, all just years after going from Fox Sports to PBS to nothing on TV. The SoCon will still exist. Certain schools will thrive just like they have in the wake of departures over the past 90 years, but for the time being, the SoCon has lost it's luster. It has been mismanaged by Big Bird with the consent of most of the remaining member institutions.

I don't:
give a rat's ass about baseball, basketball, associate members, etc.

I do:
care about the loss of App St. & GSU

look forward to seeing the new comers coming in with the same institional perspective of the remaining SoCon member.

like where the SoCon is going and will be keeping close tabs because as you said this division is what I care about.

know that I am being very honest with myself because there is no downside to it for me. It's a trade off of good and bad with all that is going on. It's a wash pretty much as far as I'm concerned so no luster lost for me...not saying all others, but it is my opinion.

think there is a l'il bit of overvaluing a certain teams leaving on the parts of some that makes the things I've said seem disingenuous to them and their perspective.

agree that Montana & App have a kinship which will now fade for sure but I'm glad we are not doing what you guys have chosen to go for. Just different ways of valuing things but I'd be depressed if U of M was doing what App/GSU is doing. Since we're both happy I think it's a great outcome.xthumbsupx

Hope all that explains what I was trying to convey preciously.

hapapp
May 29th, 2013, 03:38 PM

All true. However, on the baseball front, two of the newcomers are playing in the NCAA tournament while only one SoCon team is playing.

The SoCon will survive and be just fine. Sure, it will take some time but this is the history of the SoCon and didn't start with ASU's entrance in the early 70's. I'm not sure if some ASU fans just want to rub it in that we are leaving or that they are angry that other SoCon fans aren't begging us to stay.

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure if some ASU fans just want to rub it in that we are leaving or that they are angry that other SoCon fans aren't begging us to stay.

I think we're expressing the exact same opinions of the SoCon we did when we were still in the conference, only now it's perceived as nana nana boo boo instead of the same old frustrated griping.

Saint3333
May 29th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Ursus let me put you in our shoes. Let's say Gonzaga starts a football program in 2014 and then gets an invite to join the MWC in 2016, then two more start-ups in your recruiting area also join the FBS ranks, then to top it all off your #1 rival Montana St. (with a ton of potential gets a new AD and begins pushing for FBS and it is evitible they are leaving with or without you).

That is the reality App St. was facing when making this decision. The college football landscape (especially in the southeast) has changed so much the last five years and will continue to do so. App fans were clearly split on the subject just 24 months ago, there will always be some that are change adverse, but that percentage is much smaller.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 29th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Ursus let me put you in our shoes. Let's say Gonzaga starts a football program in 2014 and then gets an invite to join the MWC in 2016, then two more start-ups in your recruiting area also join the FBS ranks, then to top it all off your #1 rival Montana St. (with a ton of potential gets a new AD and begins pushing for FBS and it is evitible they are leaving with or without you).

Wait a minute. Western Carolina is going FBS? xconfusedx

PaladinFan
May 29th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I think we're expressing the exact same opinions of the SoCon we did when we were still in the conference, only now it's perceived as nana nana boo boo instead of the same old frustrated griping.

App fans tend to get labeled in my book as the perpetually dissatisfied. For a while it was "we aren't winning enough, fire the coach." Then it was "we win too much, fire the conference."

For whatever reason, GSU fans simply have not reached the same level of annoying about all of this, even though they have been beating the FBS drum for far longer than App State has. Perhaps I'm just too sensitive.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 04:37 PM

That is the reality App St. was facing when making this decision. The college football landscape (especially in the southeast) has changed so much the last five years and will continue to do so. App fans were clearly split on the subject just 24 months ago, there will always be some that are change adverse, but that percentage is much smaller.

I said I was glad we are not in your shoes already. I don't care that you see value in it, that's up to y'all. I'm glad you do. Even with all that you said above THE ONLY thing you mentioned that even slightly perked my ears was the Montana State part. None of that other stuff even registered a blip but losing a valued rivalry with MSU would also depress me a lot. At that point I would still probably just barely fall on the side of being in FCS...but now it's at least close. The thing is about what you've said though is that ASU fans were pushing for this more than GSU fans for the most part from what I've seen on here over the last several years.

Also, to say the ASU/GSU rivalry is comparable to the UM/MSU rivalry is a stretch. It's a good rivalry to be sure but it ain't almost a 120 yrs. old either.

Again, I DO NOT fault you guys for wearing the shoes you want to wear. I just don't want to wear them. Ask Grizo and he'll back me up on my distain for overpriced flashy footwear. xlolx

Don't take the last line personally Saint, it was just a way to try and give Grizo some connection to an actual discussion concerning football.

Saint3333
May 29th, 2013, 04:46 PM
That is very easy to SAY in your position.

IBleedYellow
May 29th, 2013, 04:54 PM

This right here is what my first post was about. Almost all of you App State fans have been slashing down the SoCon ever since you've announced you're leaving. Hell, some of you were cutting down the conference before you had even accepted and invite, back when you were "100% confident" that CUSA was going to be accepting your amazing program.

We get it, you don't like SoCon, it's FCS, we're lowly and you're high and mighty and going to the FBS. You probably don't care what happens to the SoCon or FCS football in general, but I will pay attention to the SoCon, because teams like Wofford are going to still do well in the playoffs. Actually, Wofford did better ON THE ROAD than App did at HOME last year in the playoffs. So the SoCon has that going for them. KCCO gents.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 05:00 PM
That is very easy to SAY in your position.

Whatever you want to believe man. I'm not going to argue with you that I do not feel the things that you see as important to you are not important to me.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 05:05 PM
This right here is what my first post was about. Almost all of you App State fans have been slashing down the SoCon ever since you've announced you're leaving. Hell, some of you were cutting down the conference before you had even accepted and invite, back when you were "100% confident" that CUSA was going to be accepting your amazing program.

We get it, you don't like SoCon, it's FCS, we're lowly and you're high and mighty and going to the FBS. You probably don't care what happens to the SoCon or FCS football in general, but I will pay attention to the SoCon, because teams like Wofford are going to still do well in the playoffs. Actually, Wofford did better ON THE ROAD than App did at HOME last year in the playoffs. So the SoCon has that going for them. KCCO gents.

Playoffs is the connection that binds us. Knowing who, what, where, etc. is the thing that keeps me very interested all year long in most FCS conferences. Without it I wouldn't have nearly the interest in knowing what everyone else is doing or how they are playing.

eaglewraith
May 29th, 2013, 05:46 PM
App fans tend to get labeled in my book as the perpetually dissatisfied. For a while it was "we aren't winning enough, fire the coach." Then it was "we win too much, fire the conference."

For whatever reason, GSU fans simply have not reached the same level of annoying about all of this, even though they have been beating the FBS drum for far longer than App State has. Perhaps I'm just too sensitive.

Someone mark this day in the damn history books.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2013, 05:57 PM

xlolx

IBleedYellow
May 29th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Spit out water at work, everyone laugh. Damnit Eaglewraith! :D

Saint3333
May 29th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Whatever you want to believe man. I'm not going to argue with you that I do not feel the things that you see as important to you are not important to me.

I have no doubt that as of today you believe that.

I watched the moderator of the App board from 2000 until 2011 debate with pro-FBS fans til he was blue in the face, for the exact reasons you wish to stay where you are. I used be a guy that could go either way and wanted what was best for App as a university. That used to be the FCS.

Things change and perspectives changes and with that our mod starting supporting the move a little over a year ago.

I love the FCS playoffs system, certainly enjoyed our run. That run is part of the reason I support the move as well.

With the FBS rules changing we will see one of two things, 1) and expansion of the playoffs to either 8 or maybe to 16 one day, or 2) a 1978 type shift in which we are guaranteed to be in the second level of football.

Eagle22
May 29th, 2013, 07:52 PM

I had a post queued up on this earlier today and must've not posted it .... but if you clearly want to keep it straight on who to blame, none of those parties are even really around the SoCon anymore. The decision to hire Iamarino from the NEC, was made chiefly by folks no longer around the league.

A large number of presidents/chancellors in the league have come and gone during Iamarino's tenure, across both the private and public spectrum. New presidents coming on board generally do not have athletics at the top of their list as a initial priority. As such, they are generally reticent to make waves and generally rubber stamp most of the decisions made by the incumbents.

For that reason, Iamarino can neither claim the benefit of having a tailwind guided by a commonly aligned core, nor be relegated to any pressure of a coordinated group if it were intent on ushering him out.

It is easy to say that the members determine the course of action, but in reality the absence of action has been the real motive and the real reason for many of the Georgia Southern and Appalachian State fans to ultimately come to the point where the SoCon doesn't merit our support. The same might be true of the Davidson and Elon contigent, but I was not tapped into either their talks or discussion until very late in the process. Individual schools can have their own perspective and interests, but the SoCon is/was/will-be an interesting amalgamation of diverse and often competing interests.

I personally believe that Iamarino would have more success herding cats, than finding common ground on those competing interests. IMO, his job now gets much easier, because the incoming schools do not place near the pressure on the league that the outgoing schools commanded. The new admissions that will be inbound are well aware of the limitations and reach of the league, and in each case will view it as a step up. If that is indeed true, then it is a step down for the SoCon but those that remain will not agree to such a perspective.

To each his own. The league will continue on, some team will represent the SoCon in the NCAA playoff fields for the various sports, and the teams that left will find some measure of satisfaction to what they seek. It may not be understandable to the remaining teams/fans/admins of the new SoCon and the rest of FCS why those leaving left, but that underscores the differences in opinion and interests that led those teams to leave in the first place.

citdog
May 29th, 2013, 08:17 PM
52-28

dgtw
May 29th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I enjoyed reading the article. Thank you for posting it, Apphole.

PaladinFan
May 30th, 2013, 05:00 AM

I didn't say you weren't annoying. I just said you were less annoying.

walliver
May 30th, 2013, 06:33 AM

Actually, GSU fans have moved on and are now irritating everyone possible on the SunBelt boards.

PaladinFan
May 30th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Actually, GSU fans have moved on and are now irritating everyone possible on the SunBelt boards.

It is an art, not a science.

Apphole
May 30th, 2013, 08:15 AM

But not as much as the 3 Liberty fans were before they had their dreams crushed.

eaglewraith
May 30th, 2013, 08:47 AM

:(

CID1990
May 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM
All true. However, on the baseball front, two of the newcomers are playing in the NCAA tournament while only one SoCon team is playing.

The SoCon will survive and be just fine. Sure, it will take some time but this is the history of the SoCon and didn't start with ASU's entrance in the early 70's. I'm not sure if some ASU fans just want to rub it in that we are leaving or that they are angry that other SoCon fans aren't begging us to stay.

I was wondering about that part myself, and was going to ask exactly which 4 top baseball schools are leaving the SoCon. CofC, ok yeah.

asumike83
May 30th, 2013, 09:17 AM
IMO, the biggest question about the SoCon's incoming members will be the ability of ETSU/Mercer to make the investment in scholarship football without having an adverse effect on their basketball and baseball programs.

eaglewraith
May 30th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Big announcement coming this afternoon for @MercerBears @MercerYou #beardownmu Stay tuned!
— Mercer Football (@MercerFootball) May 30, 2013

Edit:
Here's the link:
https://mobile.twitter.com/MercerFootball/statuses/340103271832248321#

Sorry, my computer at work is a potato and will only load the mobile version.

SpiritCymbal
May 30th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Big announcement coming this afternoon for @MercerBears @MercerYou #beardownmu Stay tuned!
— Mercer Football (@MercerFootball) May 30, 2013

Edit:
Here's the link:
https://mobile.twitter.com/MercerFootball/statuses/340103271832248321#

Sorry, my computer at work is a potato and will only load the mobile version.

They deleted the tweet. Probably wasn't supposed to post anything yet. hahaha...

But word out of HHI was that Mercer, ETSU and VMI all approved for SoCon membership.

walliver
May 30th, 2013, 11:24 AM
IMO, the biggest question about the SoCon's incoming members will be the ability of ETSU/Mercer to make the investment in scholarship football without having an adverse effect on their basketball and baseball programs.

ETSU's BB program has not improved when football was dropped.
I believe both programs have the resources to continue to fund BB at current levels.
Baseball shouldn't be a problem, but almost all baseball programs are under significant Title IX pressure.

TheRevSFA
May 30th, 2013, 11:50 AM

I watched the moderator of the App board from 2000 until 2011 debate with pro-FBS fans til he was blue in the face, for the exact reasons you wish to stay where you are. I used be a guy that could go either way and wanted what was best for App as a university. That used to be the FCS.

Things change and perspectives changes and with that our mod starting supporting the move a little over a year ago.

I love the FCS playoffs system, certainly enjoyed our run. That run is part of the reason I support the move as well.

With the FBS rules changing we will see one of two things, 1) and expansion of the playoffs to either 8 or maybe to 16 one day, or 2) a 1978 type shift in which we are guaranteed to be in the second level of football.

Yep, and after they take the MAC and Sun Belt schools, who else do you think they'll bring in to fill in the second level?

You got it, Big Sky, MVFC, CAA, SoCon, and schools like Sam and SFA.

In that instance, what has your move accomplished?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2013, 11:53 AM

Good for him? I don't know what that has to do with me however? I've told you what my opinion on it is and that's the final word if we're talking about my opinion on the matter.

If U of M was in your shoes I would not want what you do. If you find ONE post from me anywhere saying something differently then let me know. It's not really my problem that you don't believe it. If you knew me then you wouldn't look like an ass trying to tell me what my opinions are...ask any of the App guys that do know me if I have any problem in knowing what my own opinions are. xlolx

TheRevSFA
May 30th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Good for him? I don't know what that has to do with me however? I've told you what my opinion on it is and that's the final word if we're talking about my opinion on the matter.

If U of M was in your shoes I would not want what you do. If you find ONE post from me anywhere saying something differently then let me know. It's not really my problem that you don't believe it. If you knew me then you wouldn't look like an ass trying to tell me what my opinions are...ask any of the App guys that do know me if I have any problem in knowing what my own opinions are. xlolx

"That's my opinion, and if you don't like it, I can change it to something you like"

SpiritCymbal
May 30th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Southern Conference ‏@SoConSports 5m
The Southern Conference has formally invited ETSU, Mercer and VMI to join the league beginning in 2014-15.

Facebook:

Southern Conference
East Tennessee State University, Mercer University and the Virginia Military Institute have been extended invitations to join the Southern Conference beginning July 1, 2014.

Saint3333
May 30th, 2013, 12:32 PM

I know what your opinion is and acknowledge that you actually do believe what you typed. Things are different when they happen to you vs. a hypothetical situation is my point.

Looking like an ass sounds like an insult, stay classy, I certainly won't stoop to that level.

Saint3333
May 30th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Yep, and after they take the MAC and Sun Belt schools, who else do you think they'll bring in to fill in the second level?

You got it, Big Sky, MVFC, CAA, SoCon, and schools like Sam and SFA.

In that instance, what has your move accomplished?

"Guaranteed" is the key word in that post.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I know what your opinion is and acknowledge that you actually do believe what you typed. Things are different when they happen to you vs. a hypothetical situation is my point.

Looking like an ass sounds like an insult, stay classy, I certainly won't stoop to that level.

Oh Jeezus you were insulted? Good lord man toughen up a little bit will ya?

Glad we've come to concensus. Given everything that has happened I would never want UM to be in that position and going to WAC (SBC equivalent before going down) and as I said I argued hard against that over the last 7-8 yrears when it came up.

Here's one thread on CS between me and AZGrizFan and others where it's pretty plainly laid out on my feelings when it was being tossed around by UM fans and even the AD at the time.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17674

Lehigh Football Nation
May 30th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Given everything that has happened I would never want UM to be in that position and going to WAC (SBC equivalent before going down) and as I said I argued hard against that over the last 7-8 yrears when it came up.

Hey, the same guy who ran the WAC then is running the Sun Belt now. Hmmm.

Saint3333
May 30th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I wasn't insulted, but it was intended to be one. No skin off my back if you've resorted to that.

I strongly believe perception changes when things happen to you vs. others. How you think you would react is often different than how you actually react.

We were at a concensus before you took the low road, just didn't take time to read what I wrote.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2013, 01:31 PM
I wasn't insulted, but it was intended to be one. No skin off my back if you've resorted to that.

I strongly believe perception changes when things happen to you vs. others. How you think you would react is often different than how you actually react.

We were at a concensus before you took the low road, just didn't take time to read what I wrote.

Sorry your feelings are hurt. I'm not used to dealing with overly sensitive men. My apologies.

Apphole
May 30th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Sorry your feelings are hurt. I'm not used to dealing with overly sensitive men. My apologies.

Dude. You run a website teaming with overly sensitive men.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2013, 01:34 PM

True, still not used to it though. I'll work on that.

Saint3333
May 30th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I'm not hurt, just enjoy pointing out your attempt at an insult.

I don't personally attack people just the programs they pull for.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2013, 01:46 PM
xlolx

good stuff.

TheRevSFA
May 30th, 2013, 01:47 PM

He doesn't run BisonNation.....

Apphole
May 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM
He doesn't run BisonNation.....

xlolx Oops.

Seriously though. I doubt all the girly men on BisonNation combined could collectively rival the estrogen level TheCats has on AGS.

Mountaineer
May 30th, 2013, 01:53 PM
..estrogen level TheCats has on AGS.

Lucky you missing out on the gophoenix days. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Lucky you missing out on the gophoenix days. xlolx

I won't comment one way or another on that poster except to say that he was prolific in voicing complaints and telling me how crappy I wa at meeting his demands of justice. xlolx

He told me how far AGS had slid in the last couple of years and asked that I get rid of his account and I felt it time well spent to oblige him on the matter.

CID1990
May 30th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I won't comment one way or another on that poster except to say that he was prolific in voicing complaints and telling me how crappy I wa at meeting his demands of justice. xlolx

He told me how far AGS had slid in the last couple of years and asked that I get rid of his account and I felt it time well spent to oblige him on the matter.

I guess he must have just loved it back in the SE days then

Mountaineer
May 30th, 2013, 02:15 PM

Ah, the good old days. I miss Pete.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3483/thefeenixplan2.jpg

:D

Apphole
May 30th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Ah, the good old days. I miss Pete.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3483/thefeenixplan2.jpg

:D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4IaIVqCAAAWic0.jpg

Apphole
May 30th, 2013, 02:18 PM
And FYI, TheCats just neg repped me for my jokes earlier in the thread.

Ursus, can you do you mod thing and change his user name to the ThePu$$y?

ASUMountaineer
May 30th, 2013, 03:42 PM

Bravo. xlolx

CID1990
May 30th, 2013, 04:50 PM

You act like a turd.

Somebody dings you.

You whine about it.

You act like a turd.

It's a vicious circle.

The Cats
May 30th, 2013, 05:00 PM

If you think I'm a pu$$y, just name the time and place. We'll figure out who's the little girl. xthumbsupx

My bet's on you. It's real easy to figure out who I am, I don't go to any lengths to hide it.

Hell, I'll do better than that, you don't have to search, my name is Gerald Love, I live in Fayetteville, GA.

TheRevSFA
May 30th, 2013, 09:25 PM
You act like a turd.

Somebody dings you.

You whine about it.

You act like a turd.

It's a vicious circle.

The circle of apphole life

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
May 31st, 2013, 07:57 AM
ETSU's BB program has not improved when football was dropped.

That's what losing two of your best players due to troubles with the law (arrested twice during 2012) will do to you. ETSU made the NCAA tournament in 2004 (SoCon), 2009 and 2010 (A-Sun), NIT in 2006. They managed to get to the CIT semifinals in 2011.

citdog
June 3rd, 2013, 09:54 PM
If you think I'm a pu$$y, just name the time and place. We'll figure out who's the little girl. xthumbsupx

My bet's on you. It's real easy to figure out who I am, I don't go to any lengths to hide it.

Hell, I'll do better than that, you don't have to search, my name is Gerald Love, I live in Fayetteville, GA.

NO COPS!

perhaps lunch

BisonFan02
June 3rd, 2013, 09:56 PM
NO COPS!

perhaps lunch

With beans :D

Apphole
June 3rd, 2013, 11:25 PM
The circle of apphole life

is a neg rep is a ding? I guess Cats does have a strong suit after all. It certainly isn't rhetoric or threats. xlolx xcoffeex.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 3rd, 2013, 11:34 PM
is a neg rep is a ding? I guess Cats does have a strong suit after all. It certainly isn't rhetoric or threats. xlolx xcoffeex.

You really need to keep this **** going huh? You can't say I haven't tried at least.

Apphole
June 4th, 2013, 06:26 AM
You really need to keep this **** going huh? You can't say I haven't tried at least.

You're kidding me. I just saw this page of the thread.

You've got some ridiculous hot head making threats and you're publically lecturing the one who kept his cool. Got it.

PaladinFan
June 4th, 2013, 07:07 AM
That's what losing two of your best players due to troubles with the law (arrested twice during 2012) will do to you. ETSU made the NCAA tournament in 2004 (SoCon), 2009 and 2010 (A-Sun), NIT in 2006. They managed to get to the CIT semifinals in 2011.

Anyone else remember that ETSU point guard maybe 10 years ago that looked like he belonged on And1Mixed Tape? Tim Smith? Guy was like 5'4 and could flat play.

Edit: Google is amazing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qErI81CgM That guy was a one man circus act out there.

ASUMountaineer
June 4th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Anyone else remember that ETSU point guard maybe 10 years ago that looked like he belonged on And1Mixed Tape? Tim Smith? Guy was like 5'4 and could flat play.

Edit: Google is amazing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qErI81CgM That guy was a one man circus act out there.

Yup...always fun to watch.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM
You're kidding me. I just saw this page of the thread.

You've got some ridiculous hot head making threats and you're publically lecturing the one who kept his cool. Got it.

No, I'm not kidding. We talked about not pushing this further and here you are days later trying to ignite something that was quiet...for no reason. Only one of the two parties involved is doing that...it's you.