20. Chatty
21. Richmond
22. Illinois St
23. Montana
24. Wagner
25. Tenn St

BisonFan02
May 23rd, 2013, 10:34 PM
Wofford 5th in this poll, unranked in sporting news....CCU, BCC, EIU etc ranked and Cal Poly omitted. LOL I love pre season polls.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 23rd, 2013, 11:05 PM
Look what happens when there's no AGS poll as a guide... xlolx

frozennorth
May 24th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Cal Poly omitted.

glaring error right there.

also major wtf on msu at #3

ThompsonThe
May 24th, 2013, 03:50 AM
They could have done better just throwing darts.

Cocky
May 24th, 2013, 07:00 AM
ga state #2 ?
Wow

superman7515
May 24th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Which CCU is #15? Is there a link?

CID1990
May 24th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Doesn't seem like a lot of thought or research went into this ranking.

Sent from the center of the universe.

rokamortis
May 24th, 2013, 07:46 AM

How many are there in FCS?

Tealblood
May 24th, 2013, 07:47 AM

How many CCU's are there?

rokamortis
May 24th, 2013, 07:55 AM
How many CCU's are there?

Colorado Christian University
Cincinnati Christian University

rokamortis
May 24th, 2013, 07:59 AM
ga state #2 ?
Wow

Georgia Southern

superman7515
May 24th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Well since the OP did the abbreviations himself and there's no link, I didn't know if he meant Coastal Carolina or Central Connecticut and left off the S. Moot point since neither one will end up in the top 25, but I was just trying to be clear about how bad the poll actually was.

rokamortis
May 24th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Well since the OP did the abbreviations himself and there's no link, I didn't know if he meant Coastal Carolina or Central Connecticut and left off the S. Moot point since neither one will end up in the top 25, but I was just trying to be clear about how bad the poll actually was.

Central Connecticut is abbreviated CCSU - so that should clear that up.

Coastal was a playoff team last year with a win in the playoffs. That is reasoning enough to include them in the top 25.

superman7515
May 24th, 2013, 08:27 AM
UAPB won the SWAC Championship Game, I don't think their postseason win last year automatically qualifies them for Top 25 inclusion. Although clearly the other preseason poll disagrees with me.

andy7171
May 24th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Wait a tic. A pre-season poll and Delaware not in the top 5!?! WTF

Also LOL at JMU not ranked, Wagner is though.

rokamortis
May 24th, 2013, 08:41 AM
UAPB won the SWAC Championship Game, I don't think their postseason win last year automatically qualifies them for Top 25 inclusion. Although clearly the other preseason poll disagrees with me.

You may be on to something. Postseason and playoffs are not the same thing.

carney2
May 24th, 2013, 08:45 AM
xbawlingx Not a Patriot League team on the list. That can't be right.

The Lehigh people, of course, are stunned. xconfusedx

RichH2
May 24th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Silly season just rolling along. Cant wait til camps start up for next season.

superman7515
May 24th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Wait a tic. A pre-season poll and Delaware not in the top 5!?! WTF

Also LOL at JMU not ranked, Wagner is though.

C'mon man, we're going to be a solid 4-8 this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 24th, 2013, 09:00 AM

I think Lehigh has a better shot to actually be ranked than some of those teams on the list. Lehigh will be good, how good is TBD. The LU-UNH game will be a good early season indicator as to where the Hawks are.

Even in a bit of a down year the PL finished with 2 ranked teams in '12. Lehigh, Colgate, Fordham, Holy Cross and yes, even Lafayette could find themselves ranked. Colgate is less likely imo given their schedule and history of slow starts.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 24th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I think Lehigh has a better to shot to actually be ranked than some of those teams on the list. Lehigh will be good, how good is TBD. The LU-UNH game will be a good early season indicator as to where the Hawks are.

Even in a bit of the down year the PL finished with 2 ranked teams in '12. Lehigh, Colgate, Fordham, Holy Cross and yes, even Lafayette could find themselves ranked. Colgate is less likely imo given their schedule and their history of slow starts.

If Colgate beats Air Force I dare say they will be ranked. xlolx Though their early schedule is absolutely brutal.

smallcollegefbfan
May 24th, 2013, 09:05 AM

Coastal Carolina. No link. It's in the magazine.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 24th, 2013, 09:07 AM
If Colgate beats Air Force I dare say they will be ranked. xlolx Though their early schedule is absolutely brutal.

Colgate should/will be ranked with a 3-2 start imo. Next to EWU, it might be the toughest OOC schedule in the country. Colgate might be a lot like HC in 2011, a good team that is lucky to finish 6-5.

Thundar
May 24th, 2013, 09:42 AM
SDSU at number 4 got pummeled by NDSU
Montana St at 3 got pummeled by SHSU
SHSU at 10 got pummeled by NDSU yet they beat the crap out of the entire Big Sky

I know this isn't based on last years performance but SHSU has a more talented core coming back than 8 teams in front of them IMO

Montana St has proved to be overrated since 2010, not being a homer but NDSU is only right at 1 due to the fact 22 payers return

BisonFan02
May 24th, 2013, 10:26 AM
SDSU at number 4 got pummeled by NDSU
Montana St at 3 got pummeled by SHSU
SHSU at 10 got pummeled by NDSU yet they beat the crap out of the entire Big Sky

I know this isn't based on last years performance but SHSU has a more talented core coming back than 8 teams in front of them IMO

Montana St has proved to be overrated since 2010, not being a homer but NDSU is only right at 1 due to the fact 22 payers return

SHSU lost a lot on D...might not even be the best in the Southland this year.

Thundar
May 24th, 2013, 10:46 AM
SHSU lost a lot on D...might not even be the best in the Southland this year.

still offensively they are by far higher than SDSU or MSU just my opinion after watching all the teams

McNeese75
May 24th, 2013, 10:54 AM
still offensively they are by far higher than SDSU or MSU just my opinion after watching all the teams

They are rebuilding the O line so time will tell if that is correct

Jiggs
May 24th, 2013, 10:56 AM
ga state #2 ?
Wow And they are going down in game #1.

gotts
May 24th, 2013, 11:20 AM
And they are going down in game #1.http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-08-19-HmmmHP.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
May 24th, 2013, 11:22 AM
They are rebuilding the O line so time will tell if that is correct

Maybe THIS will be the year Brian Bell gets tougher. He's still soft as cool whip.

carney2
May 24th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I think Lehigh has a better shot to actually be ranked than some of those teams on the list.

You're right. Here's the OOC schedule

Central Connecticut
Monmouth
Princeton
New Hampshire
Columbia

Not as bad as last year when the FCS playoff selection committee looked at this 10-1 team's OOC schedule and couldn't control their laughter, but still pretty much a parade of the cupcakes. If wins against nobodies get you ranked, the ChickenSquawks are a lock. Meanwhile, someone needs to slap some sense into Joe Sterrett when it comes to scheduling.

superman7515
May 24th, 2013, 11:36 AM

Central Connecticut
Monmouth
Princeton
New Hampshire
Columbia

Not as bad as last year when the FCS playoff selection committee looked at this 10-1 team's OOC schedule and couldn't control their laughter, but still pretty much a parade of the cupcakes. If wins against nobodies get you ranked, the ChickenSquawks are a lock. Meanwhile, someone needs to slap some sense into Joe Sterrett when it comes to scheduling.

I concur. One solid, one borderline, and the rest... Sheesh.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 24th, 2013, 11:44 AM

Central Connecticut
Monmouth
Princeton
New Hampshire
Columbia

There's no excuse for the Columbia games imo. I understand trying to build some relationships with Monmouth and CCSU given those schools proximity to a lot of alums. Princeton has been Lehigh's most played OOC opponent the last 25 years. I don't think the LU fans want to lose the yearly match-up with the Tigers.

CFBfan
May 24th, 2013, 12:21 PM

Colgate is in there @ 23

carney2
May 24th, 2013, 12:21 PM
There's no excuse for the Columbia games imo. I understand trying to build some relationships with Monmouth and CCSU given those schools proximity to a lot of alums. Princeton has been Lehigh's most played OOC opponent the last 25 years. I don't think the LU fans want to lose the yearly match-up with the Tigers.

In detail:

UNH - Generally a top team that has been a shade below that of late. A truly worthy opponent, however.
Princeton - A "name" from the 50s and before. Should be better this year than in most of the recent past.
Monmouth - "Better than you think." And there's the problem - perception. Not many people think a whole lot about them or of them.
Central CT/Columbia - One or the other as schedule filler, but a steady diet like last year? Give me a break.

As I said, better than last year.

CFBfan
May 24th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Colgate should/will be ranked with a 3-2 start imo. Next to EWU, it might be the toughest OOC schedule in the country. Colgate might be a lot like HC in 2011, a good team that is lucky to finish 6-5.

BUT, if those 6 wins are in coference they get the bid.....

carney2
May 24th, 2013, 12:25 PM

Details:

UNH - Generally a top team that has been a shade below that of late. Truly a worthy opponent, however.
Princeton - A "name" from the 50s and before. Should be better this year than in the recent past.
Monmouth - "Better than you think." And there's the problem - perception. Not many people think much of them.
Central CT/Columbia - One or the other as schedule filler, but a full schedule of this crap like last year - give me a break.

carney2
May 24th, 2013, 12:27 PM
BUT, if those 6 wins are in coference they get the bid.....

I'm still seeing Colgate as Gavin McCarney and...what?!! until proven wrong.

The Patriot League will be weak again this year and whoever wins it shouldn't be puffing their chest out too far.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM

The Patriot League will be weak again this year and whoever wins it shouldn't be puffing their chest out too far.

The PL will be fine this year. Outside of the MVFC this year I don't see any conference dominating.

Southsider
May 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM
In detail:

UNH - Generally a top team that has been a shade below that of late. A truly worthy opponent, however.
Princeton - A "name" from the 50s and before. Should be better this year than in most of the recent past.
Monmouth - "Better than you think." And there's the problem - perception. Not many people think a whole lot about them or of them.
Central CT/Columbia - One or the other as schedule filler, but a steady diet like last year? Give me a break.

As I said, better than last year.

No point to all this banter. LU is going to schedule in the Northeast, period. Seems to me their approach for years has been to win the PL, get Autobid, see what we can do. I too would love to see more stretch games. We'll see how that shakes out going forward. But Carney, you would trade for LU's schedule/record in a heartbeat for what the Spotted Pussies have endured in recent years.......xnodx

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 24th, 2013, 12:43 PM
No point to all this banter. LU is going to schedule in the Northeast, period. Seems to me their approach for years has been to win the PL, get Autobid, see what we can do. I too would love to see more stretch games. We'll see how that shakes out going forward. But Carney, you would trade for LU's schedule/record in a heartbeat for what the Spotted Pussies have endured in recent years.......xnodx

I think it has more to do with Lehigh's refusal to schedule teams that won't do home and homes. Lehigh HAS shown the willingness to travel in the past.

Southsider
May 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I think it has more to do with Lehigh's refusal to schedule teams that won't do home and homes. Lehigh HAS shown the willingness to travel in the past.

You make a good point. But, when you are fighting for some respect you have to swallow your pride on ocassion. Especially when you play in the PL. This isn't Lacrosse, mind you.xthumbsupx

CFBfan
May 24th, 2013, 01:38 PM

I don't disagree Carney, my point was that with their ooc being so difficult IF they do go 6 - 5 and the 6 wins are in the PL they would win the league and get the auto-bid.

DFW HOYA
May 24th, 2013, 01:53 PM

The rest of the subdivision is largely unfamilair with the PL and any at-large bid(s) would be a function of name recognition, scheduling, and past performance in the playoffs. Thus, Lehigh, Colgate, or Fordham get a look at 8 wins (7 with a close loss to a I-A team), Lafayette or HC would need 9 overall, and Bucknell or Georgetown isn't in the discussion below 10.

Twentysix
May 24th, 2013, 02:00 PM
The rest of the subdivision is largely unfamilair with the PL and any at-large bid(s) would be a function of name recognition, scheduling, and past performance in the playoffs. Thus, Lehigh, Colgate, or Fordham get a look at 8 wins (7 with a close loss to a I-A team), Lafayette or HC would need 9 overall, and Bucknell or Georgetown isn't in the discussion below 10.

An 8 win PL team is gonna have a tough time getting an atlarge unless the rest of the field is horrendously weak imo. Remember 10 win Lehigh didn't make a 24 team playoff last year. Impressive OOC wins would be a must.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
An 8 win PL team is gonna have a tough time getting an atlarge unless the rest of the field is horrendously weak imo. Remember 10 win Lehigh didn't make a 24 team playoff last year.

Moving forward the PL shouldn't have trouble getting multiple bids given the expanded field and addition of schollies. There was a stretch in the late 90's and 00's when the league was getting at large bids when the field was only 16 teams.

Lehigh last year was definitely an exception. They were the Woofed award winner in 2003 with an 8-3 record.

DFW HOYA
May 24th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Lehigh last year was definitely an exception. They were the Woofed award winner in 2003 with an 8-3 record.

Georgetown was 8-3 in 2011. Just about no chance for an at-large.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 24th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Georgetown was 8-3 in 2011. Just about no chance for an at-large.

Lehigh's snub in 2003 was well known, even TSN did a little article about it. LU's 3 losses that year came against 12-0 Colgate, 10-0 Penn and 9-3 FBS UConn. The following year they got an at large and hosted JMU.

Twentysix
May 24th, 2013, 02:19 PM

Was it an exception or a sign of things to come? Perhaps the PL gets 2 bids from here on out, or perhaps the CAA Bigsky and MVFC all get 3-4 every year, maybe even 5 out of the fluff.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 24th, 2013, 07:47 PM
SDSU will be a good team in '13. If they fill some holes on defense they could be a great team.

LOL....no way Montana State is #3.

Redbirdz
May 24th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Chatty, you kidding?

Herder
May 28th, 2013, 07:02 PM
SDSU will be a good team in '13. If they fill some holes on defense they could be a great team.

LOL....no way Montana State is #3.

This is the year that Montana State has been pointing to for 3 years. I think they have the best team in the Sky this year on paper. This might be the year they actually deserve to be ranked near the top, at least their fans think so.

heath
May 28th, 2013, 08:54 PM
:oWow, Patriot=Pioneer........no ranked teams but will steal a playoff spot,very nice:o

Griz_are_Beta_AF
May 28th, 2013, 08:57 PM
This is the year that Montana State has been pointing to for 3 years. I think they have the best team in the Sky this year on paper. This might be the year they actually deserve to be ranked near the top, at least their fans think so.

We also just got a Nevada RB transfer, like within the last day or two it was announced.

uofmman1122
May 28th, 2013, 11:05 PM
We also just got a Nevada RB transfer, like within the last day or two it was announced.
Nice.

One guy won't make your team tough enough to beat playoff teams, though.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 28th, 2013, 11:22 PM
:oWow, Patriot=Pioneer........no ranked teams but will steal a playoff spot,very nice:o

The PL will prove to be formidable. There's four teams, Lehigh, Colgate, Fordham and Lafayette, who should be in the top 40 on talent alone. Holy Cross could be there too if Gilmore can push the right buttons. When it's all said and done I think Lehigh and Fordham will be in the final poll. Colgate's schedule is going to beat them up imo.

blueballs
May 29th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Chatty, you kidding?

Not at all... they lost some very close games last year and bring just about everybody back. with App and GSU being ineligible for the playoffs Chatty is definitely a player.

knucklehead
May 29th, 2013, 07:46 AM
As a Liberty fan, I will say - it's not where you start it's where you finish. Don't sleep on the Flames.
Also, I think Richmond will start off underrated to a lot of folks but be top 10 pretty quickly. they will make a run this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 29th, 2013, 07:47 AM

who's spot will they steal?

Apphole
May 29th, 2013, 08:24 AM
This poll is silly.

knucklehead
May 29th, 2013, 08:45 AM
This poll is silly.

For once, we agree!

carney2
May 29th, 2013, 08:56 AM
The PL will prove to be formidable.

I'll have some of what you're smoking.

CrazyCat
May 29th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Nice.

One guy won't make your team tough enough to beat playoff teams, though.

I'll give you the name of the one guy that I believe will change that. His name is Alex Willcox.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 30th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I'll have some of what you're smoking.

You overvalue some of these other conferences. The difference between the Top 7-8 conferences, including the IL, is not THAT much. What causes the chest pounding is their (MVFC, SoCon, CAA, BSC) ability to produce elite teams teams on a yearly basis. The PL produces one of those squads about every 5 years imo. Instead, they usually have two Top 25 teams with another two lingering in the Top 40. That will change with schollies...

gotts
May 30th, 2013, 01:48 PM
You overvalue some of these other conferences. The difference between the Top 7-8 conferences, including the IL, is not THAT much. What causes the chest pounding is their (MVFC, SoCon, CAA, BSC) ability to produce elite teams teams on a yearly basis. The PL produces one of those squads about every 5 years imo. Instead, they usually have two Top 25 teams with another two lingering in the Top 40. That will change with schollies...

So will the Colgates still be losing to the USDs once those schollies come into play?

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 30th, 2013, 02:01 PM
So will the Colgates still be losing to the USDs once those schollies come into play?

They very well may. There's not a single team in the country who isn't immune to a "bad loss". Ok, maybe NDSU....

ecasadoSBU
May 31st, 2013, 12:13 AM
Stony Brook in the top 14. not bad, not bad... Looking forward to a great opening year in the CAA

clenz
May 31st, 2013, 12:27 AM
They very well may. There's not a single team in the country who isn't immune to a "bad loss". Ok, maybe NDSU....
USD went 0-9 in MVFC play....will likely go 0-9 this year (they may sneak a win in there though)

If you want to be respected as a conference, and you are starting with very little respect, you can't have your contenders losing to teams like USD.

slostang
May 31st, 2013, 08:20 AM
USD went 0-9 in MVFC play....will likely go 0-9 this year (they may sneak a win in there though)

If you want to be respected as a conference, and you are starting with very little respect, you can't have your contenders losing to teams like USD.
I honestly think USD would have done better last season if they did not have a new coach. Give them and their new coaching staff time and they will be a solid team in the MVFC.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 31st, 2013, 08:23 AM
I honestly think USD would have done better last season if they did not have a new coach. Give them and their new coaching staff time and they will be a solid team in the MVFC.

Make no mistake. Joe Glenn can coach. USD is always going to have the same problem UND does. A superior team with a huge head start in state.

clenz
May 31st, 2013, 08:27 AM
I can seethem getting to the level that MSU is, maybe ISUr level occasionally but that is their ceiling, imo

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta

carney2
May 31st, 2013, 12:36 PM

No, I value the Patriot League realistically. If schollies will make the big difference that you allude to, it won't be in year one. Let's take a look at the Top 25 potential for Patriot League teams:

BUCKNELL - A cake walk OOC schedule and a not ready for prime time Patriot League give the Buffaloes a good chance at a winning record, but they are in no way Top 25 material.

COLGATE - Lots of people like them. I don't. To me, it's still McCarney and...what?! A tough OOC schedule says they could easily lose 4 or 5 of their first 6 games. That will not lead to Top 25 appearances.

FORDHAM - Possibly/probably the best in the Patriot League. Their Top 25 and at-large playoff hopes will probably live or die in week 2 vs. Villanova.

GEORGETOWN - On their way down from the mountain they climbed two rears ago. If you see them making an appearance in the Top 25, you are one of the very few.

HOLY CROSS - Better than last year, but not Top 25 material.

LAFAYETTE - My pick to make a run at the League championship, but I would probably be accused of partisanship, so I won't go there. Tough OOC will lead to more losses than a Top 25 can handle. A Patriot League championship might sneak them in at the bottom near the end of the season.

LEHIGH - Another season of munching cupcakes could get them into the polls early and keep them there for a while. Consecutive late September games @ Princeton and vs. UNH will make all the difference.

Ivytalk
May 31st, 2013, 12:44 PM
GEORGETOWN - On their way down from the mountain they climbed two rears ago. If you see them making an appearance in the Top 25, you are one of the very few.

Freudian slip? carney, you slay me!:Dxlolx

ngineer
May 31st, 2013, 01:06 PM
You make a good point. But, when you are fighting for some respect you have to swallow your pride on ocassion. Especially when you play in the PL. This isn't Lacrosse, mind you.xthumbsupx

We have offered to play two at Delaware for one visit in return, but they still refuse. Villanova was not a problem and neither UNH.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 31st, 2013, 01:09 PM
No, I value the Patriot League realistically. If schollies will make the big difference that you allude to, it won't be in year one. Let's take a look at the Top 25 potential for Patriot League teams:

BUCKNELL - A cake walk OOC schedule and a not ready for prime time Patriot League give the Buffaloes a good chance at a winning record, but they are in no way Top 25 material.

COLGATE - Lots of people like them. I don't. To me, it's still McCarney and...what?! A tough OOC schedule says they could easily lose 4 or 5 of their first 6 games. That will not lead to Top 25 appearances.

FORDHAM - Possibly/probably the best in the Patriot League. Their Top 25 and at-large playoff hopes will probably live or die in week 2 vs. Villanova.

HOLY CROSS - Better than last year, but not Top 25 material.

LAFAYETTE - My pick to make a run at the League championship, but I would probably be accused of partisanship, so I won't go there. Tough OOC will lead to more losses than a Top 25 can handle. A Patriot League championship might sneak them in at the bottom near the end of the season.

LEHIGH - Another season of munching cupcakes could get them into the polls early and keep them there for a while. Consecutive late September games @ Princeton and vs. UNH will make all the difference.

My point is, it's already been proven you can field Top 25 teams without schollies, heck, you can field Top 5 teams. Over the last 15 years how many times has a PL school failed to be ranked in the final poll? 2006 Layette? There's been more years with two or more teams in the final poll. As I said before, schollies will make the frequency of elite PL teams more likely, say 3 out of 5 years instead of 1 in 5.

gotts
May 31st, 2013, 01:34 PM
My point is, it's already been proven you can field Top 25 teams without schollies, heck, you can field Top 5 teams. Over the last 15 years how many times has a PL school failed to be ranked in the final poll? 2006 Layette? There's been more years with two or more teams in the final poll. As I said before, schollies will make the frequency of elite PL teams more likely, say 3 out of 5 years instead of 1 in 5.

You keep fighting for poll position. The other conferences will continue to keep fighting for national titles.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 31st, 2013, 01:38 PM
You keep fighting for poll position. The other conferences will continue to keep fighting for national titles.

Two PL schools have made it to the title game and another ended the season #1. Colgate was there in 2003. Besides that, the PL has proven to stand up to national champs in the playoffs...

clenz
May 31st, 2013, 01:45 PM
"stand up too" is a whole lot different than proving to be legitimate contenders.

Lehigh'98
May 31st, 2013, 01:52 PM
Until the PL picks up its W% against non conference foes (not Ivy, NEC), they won't be taken seriously. Colgate and Lehigh have had some nice W's in the playoffs, but other than that we don't play well against legit OOC teams....

This years Patriot League judgement will mostly complete by 9-14.....

Colgate vs AF, Alb, SBU & UNH
Fordham vs Nova, Temple
Gtown vs Wagner (playoff team)
LC vs W&M
HC vs Towson
LU vs UNH

If we don't WIN (not just compete) a few of these games, then honestly we don't deserve as much respect as the big boys get.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 31st, 2013, 01:59 PM
Until the PL picks up its W% against non conference foes (not Ivy, NEC), they won't be taken seriously. Colgate and Lehigh have had some nice W's in the playoffs, but other than that we don't play well against legit OOC teams....

This years Patriot League judgement will mostly complete by 9-14.....

Colgate vs AF, Alb, SBU & UNH
Fordham vs Nova, Temple
Gtown vs Wagner (playoff team)
LC vs W&M
HC vs Towson
LU vs UNH

If we don't WIN (not just compete) a few of these games, then honestly we don't deserve as much respect as the big boys get.

Plenty of opportunities to do some damage. The PL school is even the home team in a few of those.....

Lehigh'98
May 31st, 2013, 02:22 PM
Actually i forgot about Bucknell vs VMI as well. Not sure how much respect that would garner, but I'll take a W over the SoCon anyday.

The Maestro
May 31st, 2013, 02:40 PM
true dat, i'll give that to you. but patriot hasn't exactly been playing on an even field and have for the most part acquitted themselves well in nov.(lets forget gate last yr)

3 more yrs of schollies and i predict at least 3 teams in every year and making noise in ooc games & play-off. nc will be challenging but not impossible given AI and no red-shirting.

*has there been any talk of chANGING philosophy and allowing 5th yr players?

The Maestro
May 31st, 2013, 02:52 PM
based on the match-ups you show here, going .500 would be a great showing and at very least certainly would demonstrate fairly equal footing with caa.

nice job by gate & fordham upping the ante'....good for them!

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 31st, 2013, 02:55 PM
based on the match-ups you show here, going .500 would be a great showing and at very least certainly would demonstrate fairly equal footing with caa.

Temple should not be playing Fordham, just saying....

carney2
May 31st, 2013, 03:12 PM
Freudian slip? carney, you slay me!:Dxlolx

You actually know me, IT, so you know that of

A, Freudian slip
B. Typo
C. Stupidity

C. is the correct answer.

The Maestro
May 31st, 2013, 03:16 PM
can't you say same though about scheduling notre dame lutu owl? and houston's no push-over. not that long ago that owls went thru too many years of a murderers row week in and week out

i actually think it's a great choice, especially if i'm correct in assuming trams are considered fully-funded and a win would count for bowl eligibility purposes. gotta crawl before walking and i see no problem with game from a strategic standpoint

ny-team should also help attendance numbers, especially if students decide to take train down, though i'm not sure fordham football has a following that travels well. then again, maybe owl fans don't get excited and stay away.

potential problem is they better show up & win the game ....no guarantee as nova and hen's proven to owls

that said, would love to see ruhle build a consistent 7 win/bowl team on n broad

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 31st, 2013, 03:18 PM
can't you say same though about notre dame lutu owl? houston's no push-over. not that long ago that owls went thru too many years of a murderers row week in and week out

i actually think it's a great choice, especially if i'm correct in assuming trams are considered fully-funded and a win would count for bowl eligibility purposes

ny-team should also help attendance numbers

potential problem is they better show up & win the game ....no guarantee as nova and hen's proven to owls

that said, would love to see ruhle build a consistent 7 win/bowl team on n broad

Temple should beat Fordham by 3+ TD's. We return almost our entire team. The Owls actually showed good promise last year but couldn't keep it up for 60 minutes.

The biggest reason we shouldn't play them is attendance. Fordham won't bring more than a few hundred people and no one cares about FU football at Temple. In fact, I bet some Temple fans will be surprised to find out Fordham even has a football team. Their pitiful hoops team also gives this game a negative feeling if you're a casual TU fan. If more than 23k show up I'll be shocked.

The Maestro
May 31st, 2013, 04:16 PM
lets debate it this way then....what caliber of team would you substitute then that you think is a better fit inside the overall schedule?

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 31st, 2013, 04:22 PM
lets debate it this way then....what caliber of team would you substitute then that you think is a better fit inside the overall schedule?

FCS the pickin's are slim, BUT, Villanova, Delaware, Lehigh, Lafayette, Towson, Richmond, JMU and Liberty would all be better...

Lehigh'98
May 31st, 2013, 04:26 PM
Will Temple be keeping their game against Rutgers when they go B1G??

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 31st, 2013, 04:31 PM
Will Temple be keeping their game against Rutgers when they go B1G??

I'm honestly not sure. I'd prefer to play PSU obviously if a choice had to be made. Temple and Rutgers do have a pretty strong history together though. They certainly bring a lot of fans to the Linc which is important.

The Maestro
May 31st, 2013, 04:49 PM
we think alike on alternatives lutu owl, though i don't know how many more fans liberty is bringing than fordham. problem is i'm guessing those schools are already matched up in a "money game" and not interested in another one where they're probably physically overmatched....this yr caa/patriot vs bc, wva, nc state, n'wstrn, etc....last yr lsu and others. truth be told. lu & lafayette could certainly bump up a legitimate level for one of their ooc games. again though, i wonder if they have to have 4 full yrs of scholarship players before a win over them would count as a marker for d1 bowl eligibility.

agree that a delaware OR nova should be a staple every year for owls, (OR even a penn or lehigh if first two unavailable). but then i also feel that either a pitt OR psu (or an academy/rutgers/md/uconn) should be another every year occurance for owls also.

ps fordham is expected to be pretty good this year. you may be expecting at least a 3 td win but shouldn't you expect that over most any fcs team?

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 31st, 2013, 07:15 PM
we think alike on alternatives lutu owl, though i don't know how many more fans liberty is bringing than fordham. problem is i'm guessing those schools are already matched up in a "money game" and not interested in another one where they're probably physically overmatched....this yr caa/patriot vs bc, wva, nc state, n'wstrn, etc....last yr lsu and others. truth be told. lu & lafayette could certainly bump up a legitimate level for one of their ooc games. again though, i wonder if they have to have 4 full yrs of scholarship players before a win over them would count as a marker for d1 bowl eligibility.

agree that a delaware OR nova should be a staple every year for owls, (OR even a penn or lehigh if first two unavailable). but then i also feel that either a pitt OR psu (or an academy/rutgers/md/uconn) should be another every year occurance for owls also.

ps fordham is expected to be pretty good this year. you may be expecting at least a 3 td win but shouldn't you expect that over most any fcs team?

We'd have a tough time beating the Top 5 teams in the country by more than 2 TD's. Fordham's ceiling this year is probably Top 20 with a likely Top 30/40 finish when it's all said and done. I'm thinking something in the 45-24 range for our game against the Rams.

This is a really big year for Temple football. The talent base is still good thanks to solid recruiting by Golden/Adazio and the schedule is favorable. Anything less than 8-4 will be a disappointment.

carney2
May 31st, 2013, 07:57 PM
FCS the pickin's are slim, BUT, Villanova, Delaware, Lehigh, Lafayette, Towson, Richmond, JMU and Liberty would all be better...

Delaware would put some fannies in the seats and Villanova might stir some local passions. The others mentioned aren't a serious upgrade over Fordham from Temple's standpoint.

superman7515
May 31st, 2013, 07:58 PM
The older Delaware fans would love a game with Temple.

Ivytalk
June 1st, 2013, 06:48 AM
The older Delaware fans would love a game with Temple.

And I count myself among them!xnodx

LuckyKat
June 2nd, 2013, 09:10 PM
The first 8 teams in front of us,
il take home or away anytime, EWU will get it the soonest,
as for my friends from NDSU, they are the back to back Champs
looking forward to shots on the Bus Again

Lucky Out

danefan
June 2nd, 2013, 09:44 PM

.500?

PL teams will be the underdog in every game, except may Wagner vs GTown.

The Maestro
June 2nd, 2013, 10:22 PM
.500?

PL teams will be the underdog in every game, except may Wagner vs GTown.

I can see Colgate taking at least 1, decent shot at 2: Alb, SBU & UNH
Fordham has a punchers chance: Nova
Gtown vs Wagner: toss-up
Will take 1 out of these 3 at least:
LC vs W&M
HC vs Towson
LU vs UNH

I don;t think 4 wins would be earth-shattering, but yes, ,500 would include upsets

danefan
June 3rd, 2013, 07:45 AM
I can see Colgate taking at least 1, decent shot at 2: Alb, SBU & UNH
Fordham has a punchers chance: Nova
Gtown vs Wagner: toss-up
Will take 1 out of these 3 at least:
LC vs W&M
HC vs Towson
LU vs UNH

I don;t think 4 wins would be earth-shattering, but yes, ,500 would include upsets

My expected results:

Colgate vs AF-L, Alb-L, SBU-L & UNH-L
Fordham vs Nova-L, Temple-L
Gtown vs Wagner-W (playoff team)
LC vs W&M-L
HC vs Towson-L
LU vs UNH-L

There may be 1 game in that bunch that is a surprise, but in all liklihood, the PL should be happy to get out of that schedule with 1 win and ecstatic if its 2 or more.

Albany has historically played bad at Colgate, so maybe there's a chance there. Seeing, however, how Albany handled Colgate last year and how slow Colgate has started their seasons, I would still give the edge to an Albany team with a couple strong returners and 25 more scholarship players (some of which will play this year).

CID1990
June 3rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Actually i forgot about Bucknell vs VMI as well. Not sure how much respect that would garner, but I'll take a W over the SoCon anyday.

Good luck with that. VMI took El Cid to the wire last year and only lost by 3. Sparky Woods isn't going to create a powerhouse overnight, but they won't be last year's VMI.

asumike83
June 3rd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Good luck with that. VMI took El Cid to the wire last year and only lost by 3. Sparky Woods isn't going to create a powerhouse overnight, but they won't be last year's VMI.

Also, not to nitpick but they aren't in the SoCon yet either. I think they should at least be given a year to recruit with the SoCon affiliation and start playing in the conference again before a win over VMI could be considered a win over the SoCon. It is a league that Sparky is quite familiar with, hopefully he gets it turned around.

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
My expected results:

LC vs W&M-L
HC vs Towson-L
LU vs UNH-L

There may be 1 game in that bunch that is a surprise, but in all liklihood, the PL should be happy to get out of that schedule with 1 win and ecstatic if its 2 or more.

Albany has historically played bad at Colgate, so maybe there's a chance there. Seeing, however, how Albany handled Colgate last year and how slow Colgate has started their seasons, I would still give the edge to an Albany team with a couple strong returners and 25 more scholarship players (some of which will play this year).

The PL should be seriously concerned if they only get one. Lafayette beat W&M last year in Virginia. Colgate/Albany has been pretty even over the last few years. Fordham has the horses to take out Villanova at home, likewise with Lehigh/UNH. Heck, Gtown almost beat Wagner last year so I expect that one to be good. HC will be in trouble against Towson due to the Tigers athleticism.

CFBfan
June 3rd, 2013, 12:20 PM
The PL should be seriously concerned if they only get one. Lafayette beat W&M last year in Virginia. Colgate/Albany has been pretty even over the last few years. Fordham has the horses to take out Villanova at home, likewise with Lehigh/UNH. Heck, Gtown almost beat Wagner last year so I expect that one to be good. HC will be in trouble against Towson due to the Tigers athleticism.

The Hoyas BEAT Wagner. 13 - 10 last year and beat them the prior year as well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 3rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
The Hoyas BEAT Wagner. 13 - 10 last year and beat them the prior year as well.

Even better xnodx

danefan
June 3rd, 2013, 12:23 PM

We shall see. IMO, every game except GTown/Wagner and Albany/Colgate would be an upset if the PL team won. Doens't meant it can't happen, but I wouldn't bet on it.

CFBfan
June 3rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
We shall see. IMO, every game except GTown/Wagner and Albany/Colgate would be an upset if the PL team won. Doens't meant it can't happen, but I wouldn't bet on it.

look for Gate to go 2 - 2 ooc

The Maestro
June 3rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
My expected results:

LC vs W&M-L
HC vs Towson-L
LU vs UNH-L

danes @ gate..."maybe a chance"??? you might be a tad overconfident heading into 2013 and maybe also have a hard on toward patriot for some reason.
lu/unh & gate/unh should be good ones, w&m supposedly geared for a tough year vs improved pards, bucknell adds another recruiting class to a team that seems to be pointed in right direction.
lutu owls summarizes my take pretty well.

given your parameters i'm guessing I'll be ecstatic (or more).

danefan
June 3rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
danes @ gate..."maybe a chance"??? you might be a tad overconfident heading into 2013 and maybe also have a hard on toward patriot for some reason.
lu/unh & gate/unh should be good ones, w&m supposedly geared for a tough year vs improved pards, bucknell adds another recruiting class to a team that seems to be pointed in right direction.
lutu owls summarizes my take pretty well.

given your parameters i'm guessing I'll be ecstatic (or more).

Reality my friend. Albany should beat Colgate. Not overconfident at all. A loss at Colgate will be very dissapointing for Albany. Especially given that its one of the lighter games on our schedule.