PDA

View Full Version : Sun Belt Not Taking any New Members, For Now

Lehigh Football Nation
May 22nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
http://www.sunbeltsports.org/SPORTS/MensSports/Football/Article/tabid/740/article/20215/Sun-Belt-Conference-Concludes-2013-Spring-Meeting.aspx

While there was discussion regarding the possibilities of additional members to the Sun Belt Conference, no members are being added at this time.

“There was and will continue to be ongoing discussion about national realignment and the membership options for the Sun Belt,” said Benson. “However, for the time being we are moving the conference forward with our membership as is. The most important thing to come out of the meeting regarding membership was that our institutions are committed to taking the Sun Belt to the next level. With our recent additions and the strength of our current members, the pieces are already in place for us to take the next step as a stronger conference.”

So, JMU and Liberty..... xeyebrowx

parr90
May 22nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
http://www.sunbeltsports.org/SPORTS/MensSports/Football/Article/tabid/740/article/20215/Sun-Belt-Conference-Concludes-2013-Spring-Meeting.aspx

One article I read said that there were no votes whatsoever for Liberty during their talks.

aceinthehole
May 22nd, 2013, 12:40 PM
Maybe they are just waiting for JMU to complete their study?

I do think Liberty has no chance at an invite in the future.

Sammy94
May 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Thank goodness.

asumike83
May 22nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Personally, I'd rather have JMU a year later than anyone else right now. Hopefully it works out.

If not, Jacksonville State would be a pretty good fit. The Alabama schools don't want them but I can't imagine they'd be so opposed that they would vote Liberty instead. Seems to be a lot of resistance to inviting Liberty.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 22nd, 2013, 01:21 PM
Personally, I'd rather have JMU a year later than anyone else right now. Hopefully it works out.

If not, Jacksonville State would be a pretty good fit. The Alabama schools don't want them but I can't imagine they'd be so opposed that they would vote Liberty instead. Seems to be a lot of resistance to inviting Liberty.

Lot of resistance to adding Jax State as well. You can practically see Troy's president beaming through the whole Sun Belt release.

asumike83
May 22nd, 2013, 01:23 PM
Lot of resistance to adding Jax State as well. You can practically see Troy's president beaming through the whole Sun Belt release.

There definitely is. I don't think Jax State is an option unless JMU and Missouri State are 100% off the table. Troy/USA do not want another AL school in the conference but I think they'd grit their teeth and vote them in if Liberty was the alternative.

Apphole
May 22nd, 2013, 01:24 PM

Wisely waiting on JMU. Passing on Jerry Falwell for good reason. Liberty would have accepted an invite in a flash had they gotten one.

knucklehead
May 22nd, 2013, 01:45 PM
Wisely waiting on JMU. Passing on Jerry Falwell for good reason. Liberty would have accepted an invite in a flash had they gotten one. Tolerant and loving as always...Gonzo.

Apphole
May 22nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
Tolerant and loving as always...Gonzo.

Tolerance. Always a strong suit of Liberty University.

You didn't offer enough to our conference to be admitted. I'm sure reality was a tough pill to swallow after months of relentless whoring on CSNBBS.

Best of luck to Liberty in the Big South Conference.

IBleedYellow
May 22nd, 2013, 03:50 PM
Just going to put this out there:

The people that always claim for tolerance are the ones who are first to attack people. So f'ing backwards and hypocritic it's not even funny.

Lehigh'98
May 22nd, 2013, 04:03 PM

You didn't offer enough to our conference to be admitted. I'm sure reality was a tough pill to swallow after months of relentless whoring on CSNBBS.

Are you trolling looking for a reply or was this a serious statement? How much worse could their attendance be compared to the rest of the conference. No reason they couldn't be competitive on the field.

knucklehead
May 22nd, 2013, 04:05 PM

Read the part about fitting in in "general terms". Sounds like they didn't want a private christian school to me. http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20130522/SPORTS02/305220030/Sun-Belt-will-make-no-further-additions-conference We offer plenty. So tired of that song. Answer...GAST!

IBleedYellow
May 22nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
There definitely is. I don't think Jax State is an option unless JMU and Missouri State are 100% off the table. Troy/USA do not want another AL school in the conference but I think they'd grit their teeth and vote them in if Liberty was the alternative.

Do you guys really want Missouri State? Basketball would be great, but for football...They have a lot of work to do, and I'm not talking about the team itself.

knucklehead
May 22nd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Are you trolling looking for a reply or was this a serious statement? How much worse could their attendance be compared to the rest of the conference. No reason they couldn't be competitive on the field.

He hates Liberty and all that we stand for as a school and grinds his ax frequently. He knows we offer plenty on the field, financially, facilities, TV network, etc.

knucklehead
May 22nd, 2013, 04:08 PM
If you read the article I just posted, I read into it they are waiting on MOSt or JMU. I'm leaning towards MoSt since they say geographic fit. I still don't get it and think that conference is on it's way down with it's elitist presidents.

BisonFan02
May 22nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
They can take MoSt....UND to the Valley/Summit :D xrotatehx

asumike83
May 22nd, 2013, 04:17 PM
Do you guys really want Missouri State? Basketball would be great, but for football...They have a lot of work to do, and I'm not talking about the team itself.

I don't know any more than just rumors but Missouri State and JMU are supposedly the top targets.

Obviously, Missouri State is not a football move. Basketball, baseball, a geographic fit for Arkansas State/ULL and also would be only the second FBS team in their state. From what I understand, getting their football facilities up to par is the main obstacle.

major095
May 22nd, 2013, 07:14 PM

Why would sunbelt want jacksonville state over alabama state? football teams are about even. alabama state has newer facilities in every sport and is located in the state capital. I agree Troy and South don't want either one. Troy is already losing recruits to alabama state. they'd get no one if they move into the sunbelt.

Mntneer
May 22nd, 2013, 07:18 PM
No Liberty works for me.

Sir William
May 22nd, 2013, 07:20 PM
The people that always claim for tolerance are the ones who are first to attack people. So f'ing backwards and hypocritic it's not even funny.

A-ha...you mean like Democrats.

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 22nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
This is great news for JMU. I can't stand the Dukes, but they are better than that conglomeration of misfits, even though much of their fanbase doesn't realize it.

Saint3333
May 22nd, 2013, 08:45 PM
You must think expansion is over. There is another round coming within a year.

Laker
May 22nd, 2013, 09:14 PM

About the time that I read an article saying it is over, someone changes conferences. It is almost like getting rain right after washing your car. It is bound to happen.

seantaylor
May 22nd, 2013, 11:47 PM
Liberty will never be added. Thank Allah

Apphole
May 23rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
He hates Liberty and all that we stand for as a school and grinds his ax frequently. He knows we offer plenty on the field, financially, facilities, TV network, etc.

WRONG. I'll give you financially, faciliteis and TV network (none of which compensate for the rightful stigma the school gets for being the most bigoted institution on the United States), but outside of obscur non-revenue sports, you offer nothing of value whatsoever on the field.

If you want to play the cultural discrimination card (laughable) , go right ahead, but the reason you weren't invited is your lack of redeeming athletic qualities such as having a decent football, basketball or baseball program.

Again, good luck in the Big South Conference for the foreseeable future.

walliver
May 23rd, 2013, 08:57 AM

Expansion is winding down, but probably has a few more years to play out.
The SEC has negotiated their network with ESPN and is probably stable. In the unlikely event that Oklahoma and UNC sought admission they might expand, but I think they stay pat for now,
The ACC has locked in TV rights and probably doesn't add new members, and their are slim pickings if they do.
B1G seems stable.
The PAC seems stable.
The Big XII, which was on death's door a few years ago seems well-set for now.
Below them, however, there are few teams that wouldn't jump at a chance to move up. Some of the MAC and MWC teams are where they want to be, but every member of the SunBelt would go to C-USA if offered, and every member of C-USA envies a spot in AAC, and every AAC member dreams of a spot in the Big 5.

If the AAC expands, C-USA goes to 16, and the SBC goes to 12, and the MAC takes another team, there could be 6 FBS spots available in the next 2-3 years. On the other hand, I really don't think there are 6 programs ready to move up, unless an existing conference is willing to expand westward (NDSU and Montana in the Sun Belt?)

All of this expansion, however, is predicated on the notion that TV money will increase year after year after year. That is not the case. I don't know when or where the TV money will peak, but at some point growth will slow markedly. With 3 ESPN's, NBC Sports Network, CBS Sports Network, Fox Sports Network, over the air NBC, CBS, FOX and ABC, you will easily have 6-7 games on at the same time. What kind of ratings (and more importantly ad revenue) will the 7th most popular game achieve?

Saint3333
May 23rd, 2013, 08:59 AM
The revenue model for FBS conferences penalizes conference be expanded over 12, that was likely done to hinder move ups. That last Sun Belt spot could be valuable.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 23rd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Expansion is winding down, but probably has a few more years to play out.
The SEC has negotiated their network with ESPN and is probably stable. In the unlikely event that Oklahoma and UNC sought admission they might expand, but I think they stay pat for now,
The ACC has locked in TV rights and probably doesn't add new members, and their are slim pickings if they do.
B1G seems stable.
The PAC seems stable.
The Big XII, which was on death's door a few years ago seems well-set for now.

I respectfully disagree.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/05/20/Media/ACC-net.aspx

Don’t expect an ACC-branded TV channel to be launched any time soon.

The biggest problem so far is a rights issue. ESPN needs to control the conference’s syndicated rights to launch a channel. But those rights are tied up until 2027 through deals with Raycom and Fox Sports Net.

“There’s no way an ACC network co-exists with a syndicated model,” said Chris Bevilacqua, a media consultant who worked with the Pac-12 to form a league network. “They’re going to have to get those rights back.”

Just a couple of weeks after the ACC renegotiated its ESPN deal and all 15 schools agreed to grant their media rights to the conference, giving the league the kind of long-term security that will theoretically keep it together, a conference network became a hot topic.

But last week’s annual spring meetings at Amelia Island, Fla., served as a reminder that it’s going to be a long and winding path to get to a channel. There was much more discussion about the prospects for a channel outside the meeting rooms than there was inside, say sources who attended the meetings.

Effectively, IMO, this means that that "granted media rights" thing isn't worth the napkin it was written on. If there's no distribution (i.e. a network) for the content, what's the big deal about granted media rights? So they give up a $15 million right for, say, a $30 million right in the B1G. Exactly who will this stop?

If Maryland doesn't have to pay an exit fee to the ACC for leaving, you can bet UNC will be in the B1G's sights.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 23rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
The revenue model for FBS conferences penalizes conference be expanded over 12, that was likely done to hinder move ups. That last Sun Belt spot could be valuable.

Wait - the Sun Belt has a revenue model?

asumike83
May 23rd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Wait - the Sun Belt has a revenue model?

$1M per school just like everyone else but you already knew that when you trolled.

Saint3333
May 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
cute, I don't think you understand how BCS money will be paid out to non AQ conferences.

Under the new proposed system every FBS conference gets $1M per school up to $12M, $60M to the five conferences. After that each conference is awarded an addtional revenue stream between $1M and $2M depending how they finish in a strength of conference measure, this amount will increase as overall revenues increase. For instance each team in the Big East, now AAC, would have received an additional $2M last year and CUSA would have received $1M per team. By using these numbers expanding past 12 isn't being encouraged nor is overall expansion of the Go5.

Why do you spend so much time criticizing a decision especially when you don't understand the details?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 23rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
cute, I don't think you understand how BCS money will be paid out to non AQ conferences.

Under the new proposed system every FBS conference gets $1M per school up to $12M, $60M to the five conferences. After that each conference is awarded an addtional revenue stream between $1M and $2M depending how they finish in a strength of conference measure, this amount will increase as overall revenues increase. For instance each team in the Big East, now AAC, would have received an additional $2M last year and CUSA would have received $1M per team. By using these numbers expanding past 12 isn't being encouraged nor is overall expansion of the Go5.

Why do you spend so much time criticizing a decision especially when you don't understand the details?

I have understood all along - $2M will not come close to covering the additional expenses of being in the Sun Belt. As always, people neglect to say for every $2 of revenue annually they get they'll be spending at least $6 - maybe more.

Apphole
May 23rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
I have understood all along - $2M will not come close to covering the additional expenses of being in the Sun Belt. As always, people neglect to say for every $2 of revenue annually they get they'll be spending at least $6 - maybe more.

Did you find anything up there to substantiate that claim when you dug it out of your ass?

darell1976
May 23rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
They can take MoSt....UND to the Valley/Summit :D xrotatehx

It would take something like that for UND to leave the Big Sky. Looks like the Sun Belt is a glorified Great West Conference at the FBS level, with teams coming and going.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 23rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Did you find anything up there to substantiate that claim when you dug it out of your ass?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2013/05/07/ncaa-finances-subsidies/2142443/

Just 23 of 228 athletics departments at NCAA Division I public schools generated enough money on their own to cover their expenses in 2012. Of that group, 16 also received some type of subsidy — and 10 of those 16 athletics departments received more subsidy money in 2012 than they did in 2011.

Were any of these Sun Belt schools? No.

asumike83
May 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2013/05/07/ncaa-finances-subsidies/2142443/

Were any of these Sun Belt schools? No.

Were any of these FCS schools? No.

Breaking News: BCS conferences have all the money. Stop the presses, I am shocked.

Apphole
May 23rd, 2013, 10:13 AM

Thanks for proving that we're much better off in the FBS. Not that I needed any help from a hack like you to figure that out. xcoffeex

Apphole
May 23rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Since the FCS bias is very strong here on AGS, I wonder if LFN has the balls to take his silly misinformation campaign to CSNBBS.

Registration is free. http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=296

Lehigh Football Nation
May 23rd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Since the FCS bias is very strong here on AGS, I wonder if LFN has the balls to take his silly misinformation campaign to CSNBBS.

Registration is free. http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=296

Why would I care about a Sun Belt board?

BisonFan02
May 23rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
FCS bias strong on AGS? Shocking considering this is primarily an FCS site.

asumike83
May 23rd, 2013, 10:22 AM

Very true. If you've proven anything, it's that you don't have time to post about the Sun Belt.

TheRevSFA
May 23rd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Why did the Sun Belt choose a logo that looks like it should be the logo for a cheap motel chain?

asumike83
May 23rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Why did the Sun Belt choose a logo that looks like it should be the logo for a cheap motel chain?

Conference logos don't matter a whole lot to me but I really like the App one:

http://www.yosefscabin.com/forum/download/file.php?id=214

Laker
May 23rd, 2013, 10:45 AM

I read that each school can change it to their school colors. I don't know how they do it if they have three colors.

TheRevSFA
May 23rd, 2013, 10:45 AM

Of course you would :D

asumike83
May 23rd, 2013, 10:51 AM
Of course you would :D

Of course! Black and gold makes everything look good.

Saint3333
May 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
LFN for someone that claims to not be ignorant of how things work you sure do make some ignorant posts.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 23rd, 2013, 11:03 AM
LFN for someone that claims to not be ignorant of how things work you sure do make some ignorant posts.

ZING! Wow, you got me!

knucklehead
May 23rd, 2013, 11:06 AM

Do yourself a favor and avoid that board like the plague. It has the most closed minded and elitist group of members you could imagine.

Apphole
May 23rd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Do yourself a favor and avoid that board like the plague. It has the most closed minded and elitist group of members you could imagine.

Seems like he would fit right in if your assertions are correct.

People aren't nice to knuck head because he relentlessly whored Liberty for months to the point everyone started hating him. Don't listen. He's just butthurt his school couldn't cut it enough to grab the very last FBS spot.

CID1990
May 23rd, 2013, 12:09 PM

People aren't nice to knuck head because he relentlessly whored Liberty for months to the point everyone started hating him. Don't listen. He's just butthurt his school couldn't cut it enough to grab the very last FBS spot.

Did he get his very own sticky thread too?

Saint3333
May 23rd, 2013, 12:13 PM
ZING! Wow, you got me!

Admission is the first step, only 11 more to go.

MplsBison
May 23rd, 2013, 12:45 PM

I'm sorry if I didn't keep up with the times, but I would be curious to see a link with these details explained.

The best I could find was older links that were talking about an $86million figure that the group of five will receive from the $500million per year that the CFP media deal generates.

Then that $86million is split in three tiers: a base tier that every conference gets in the same amount, another tier that conferences get based on overall conference ranking and the third tier being money that goes to the conference with the highest ranked team (and therefore gets the auto-bid to the access bowls).

Have not seen anywhere that the first tier will be $60million = 5 conferences x 12 teams per conference. But that certainly sounds reasonable to me. And that does make an assumption that each conference will choose to split the $12million equally to 12 members, not based on how they did in the standings -- to get to $1M per school guaranteed.

MplsBison
May 23rd, 2013, 12:46 PM

You know that Louisiana - Monroe spent less on football last year than App St did and it made it to a bowl game (one of four for the Sun Belt) on that budget just fine. Beat Arkansas and had a shot at Auburn and Baylor, too.

Why should anyone trust a single word you utter when you lie?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 23rd, 2013, 12:48 PM
You know that Louisiana - Monroe spent less on football last year than App St did and it made it to a bowl game (one of four for the Sun Belt) on that budget just fine. Beat Arkansas and had a shot at Auburn and Baylor, too.

Why should anyone trust a single word you utter when you lie?

... and all that revenue still did not put them in the black.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
FCS bias strong on AGS? Shocking considering this is primarily an FCS site.

xlolx

NHwildEcat
May 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Kutztown to the Sun Belt.

MplsBison
May 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
... and all that revenue still did not put them in the black.

Point being, you lied when you said that App St will need to increase its football budget in the Sun Belt.

You knew that ULM spent less than App is already spending in FCS, but you made the false claim anyway - knowingly.

Saint3333
May 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Do you really think teams are moving expecting to make money?

Get a clue.

MplsBison
May 23rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Do you really think teams are moving expecting to make money?

Get a clue.

Much more basic than that -- is the point of having a varsity, intercollegiate athletics program at most schools to bring in millions upon millions of dollars in revenue?

No. Ridiculous.

It's about school spirit, having something that can draw current students, faculty and alumni together (and hopefully back to campus on occasion) and most importantly: participation!

ASUMountaineer
May 23rd, 2013, 01:12 PM
This is great news for JMU. I can't stand the Dukes, but they are better than that conglomeration of misfits, even though much of their fanbase doesn't realize it.

Wait, you mean you don't think the Sun Belt is wonderful? I had no idea...crazy. xcoffeex

ASUMountaineer
May 23rd, 2013, 01:21 PM

If only Appalachian's admin had consulted you, as you clearly understand the best interests of App State better than the Chancellor, AD, and BOT. You dazzle us all with your in-depth knowledge of all things Appalachian State. xcoffeex

I still don't understand why App State's move to the SBC is so interesting to you. It's a little weird.

ASUMountaineer
May 23rd, 2013, 01:21 PM

That's a good question. Of course, you seem to care a lot about the Sun Belt given your amount of posts on AGS about the conference.

ASUMountaineer
May 23rd, 2013, 01:22 PM

Your post is an excellent lesson in irony. xthumbsupx

Apphole
May 23rd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Lehigh Football Nation starts a thread called "Sun Belt Not Taking any New Members, For Now" at 1:36 p.m., May 23, 2013.

At 11:20 a.m., May 23, 2013:

xlolx

I'd love to see the numbers on how many of your posts from the last 4 months were related to App/GaSo and the SBC.

It seems you care a great deal about our wonderful conference, certainly more than you care about Lehigh. You're WAY too transparent and no one besides other brainwashed FCS-or-bust jockeys would ever take you seriously.

MplsBison
May 23rd, 2013, 01:49 PM
If only Appalachian's admin had consulted you, as you clearly understand the best interests of App State better than the Chancellor, AD, and BOT. You dazzle us all with your in-depth knowledge of all things Appalachian State. xcoffeex

I still don't understand why App State's move to the SBC is so interesting to you. It's a little weird.

Because it's a direct insult to his personal agenda. So naturally, the human reaction is to be defensive and lash back. Only, he has no ground to stand on.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 23rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Lehigh Football Nation starts a thread called "Sun Belt Not Taking any New Members, For Now" at 1:36 p.m., May 23, 2013.

xlolx

I'd love to see the numbers on how many of your posts from the last 4 months were related to App/GaSo and the SBC.

You're at great pains to say that App State and Georgia Southern are still FCS schools. This is an FCS board. The news that App State and Georgia Southern are moving to the Sun Belt constitutes FCS news. Similarly, that the Sun Belt are not looking into expansion (for now) is germane to the FCS because JMU and Liberty have been publicly rumored to have some contact with the Sun Belt about joining.

I care about FCS, and I care about schools moving to new conferences for the right reasons. Whenever moving to the Sun Belt comes up in any context, it's always, always about : 1) the revenues generated (which still don't equal the expenses generated), 2) rubbing elbows with the ACC (as if they preceive you as equals - yeah, right) or 3) potential revenues down the line when they join a conference like the Big East (which will happen... when?). It's never about new rivalries with ULM and ULL, never about lovely trips to San Marcos, Texas, never about the Motor City Bowl. It's about hopping on a new train, with hopes of a pot of gold at the other end. And no FCS move-up over the last 20 years has come close to tasting this. And yes, I'm including Boise State and UConn in this. Both make a lot of money, and they spend a buttload of money to ultimately lose money every year (with huge subsidies from the state, and students, to do this).

If App State and GeSo fans just migrated to the Sun Belt boards forever, I'd be thrilled. But the fact that they troll a board about the FCS, Lehigh's chosen subdivision, and try to claim that the SoCon is going to die, as well as the FCS, I'm more than happy to expose all the myths that are constantly bandied about in regards to the Sun Belt "making money". The fact that some schools might actually enjoy competing for FCS national championships while not joining the never-ending spending train that is low-major FBS football seems to mystify you - and you seem pretty damn insecure about it, too, based on the fact that all you do is slum it down here with we FCS folk.

ASUMountaineer
May 23rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
But the fact that they troll a board about the FCS, Lehigh's chosen subdivision,

This is amazing for two reasons:

1) If anyone could recognize trolling it would be you.

2) That you actually mentioned Lehigh in a post. I am proud of you, LFN. xsmileyclapx

BTW, your middle paragraph may explain a few posters, but in reality it's nothing more than gross generalization. You, of course, know that.

ASUMountaineer
May 23rd, 2013, 03:17 PM
I care about FCS, and I care about schools moving to new conferences for the right reasons. Whenever moving to the Sun Belt comes up in any context, it's always, always about : 1) the revenues generated (which still don't equal the expenses generated), 2) rubbing elbows with the ACC (as if they preceive you as equals - yeah, right) or 3) potential revenues down the line when they join a conference like the Big East (which will happen... when?). It's never about new rivalries with ULM and ULL, never about lovely trips to San Marcos, Texas, never about the Motor City Bowl. It's about hopping on a new train, with hopes of a pot of gold at the other end. And no FCS move-up over the last 20 years has come close to tasting this. And yes, I'm including Boise State and UConn in this. Both make a lot of money, and they spend a buttload of money to ultimately lose money every year (with huge subsidies from the state, and students, to do this).

Let me ask you, LFN, what information do you possess that is different from what Appalachian's Chancellor, AD, and BOT had that proves that they made a decision not in App State's best interest? I would love to get my hands on this detailed information and provide it to the PTB's at App State. If, as you continue to claim, that App State's leadership made a poor and damaging decision, then they need to be held accountable. Please provide this detailed information that you possess, and if you don't want to post it here you can PM me for my email address. Thanks!

WUTNDITWAA
May 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM

xlolx

It seems you care a great deal about our wonderful conference, certainly more than you care about Lehigh. You're WAY too transparent and no one besides other brainwashed FCS-or-bust jockeys would ever take you seriously.

He says he doesn't care, but some nights he gets drunk and calls App at 3 a.m. hoping they'll come back.

Saint3333
May 23rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Do you make this crap up in one post only to claim other people are saying it in another, the voices in your head are troubling I'm sure.

The move is made for exposure (TV contract vs. no TV contract), to move to a more competitive league, the landscape of college football is changing and this is a move to stay ahead of that curve.

As for App fans still being here 11 or 12 2013 opponents are FCS schools, come 7/1/14 we'll be gone, as well as 50% of the traffic to this site, enjoy your conversations with mplsbison.

Apphole
May 23rd, 2013, 03:22 PM
He says he doesn't care, but some nights he gets drunk and calls App at 3 a.m. hoping they'll come back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuWE5XAkV2o

Mountaineer
May 23rd, 2013, 03:26 PM

LFN has started at least 50 threads that mention, in some fashion, the Sun Belt. xlolx I'd wager that's more than all other posters combined.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/search.php?searchid=192305&pp=

MplsBison
May 23rd, 2013, 04:01 PM

"Baby....I know....I know....it's going to get better, I swear!! We're gonna get that TV contract.....with Fox Sports One.....it's gonna be better this time!!! Baby!!!!"

parr90
May 24th, 2013, 07:25 AM

I mean no disrepect but when has Liberty every really been competitive? And at this level I just dont see it.

Virginia Breeze
May 24th, 2013, 08:13 AM

Apphole, you got half of it right, Asshole would be more fitting. You need to grow up little boy. One of these days someone is going to find out where your mama's basement is and ring your skinny azz pencil neck. You are an embarrassment to APP STATE. Anybody know who this loser is when he's not hiding behind his keyboard?

Apphole
May 24th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Apphole, you got half of it right, Asshole would be more fitting. You need to grow up little boy. One of these days someone is going to find out where your mama's basement is and ring your skinny azz pencil neck. You are an embarrassment to APP STATE. Anybody know who this loser is when he's not hiding behind his keyboard?

I've met ~20 members of this site in real life. Most of them tell me I'm much nicer in person (I have a certain schtich to maintain here) and we get along fine.

If you would like to test your theory of me being a skinny little guy, I'd be happy to PM my contact info.

BTW, assuming you're a Liberty fan, your response seems to fall right in line with the hateful theme of your school. Maybe you should actually read the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth.

Oh, and congrats on being the first person to not realize the pun of my AGS handle.

ASUMountaineer
May 24th, 2013, 08:31 AM

xlolx Excellent post, Vagina Breeze (or do you prefer Virgin Breeze?). xlolx

Please let this be the return of Alex Ale or Opie

Apphole
May 24th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I wonder what vagina breeze's favorite beverage is. I bet it's produced by Summer's Eve.

asumike83
May 24th, 2013, 08:41 AM
I firmly believe there is a strong negative correlation between a person's willingness to threaten to beat you up online and their ability to actually do so.

ASUMountaineer
May 24th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I firmly believe there is a strong negative correlation between a person's willingness to threaten to beat you up online and their ability to actually do so.

Say it ain't so!

parr90
May 24th, 2013, 09:14 AM

Truth!

Virginia Breeze
May 24th, 2013, 10:33 AM
For the record I graduate from App in 91. And your ugly online BS is an embarrassment to my school.

Apphole
May 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM
For the record I graduate from App in 91. And your ugly online BS is an embarrassment to my school.

See you at the tailgate, buddy.

I'll know it's you when the smell of booze and BBQ is overwhelmed by the fleeting odor of one of your noxious queefs.

And welcome to the forum!! Further threats should be directed to my PM box. I will oblige any challenge, be it arm wrestling, weight lifting, trivia or fisticuffs, so long as you sign my contract beforehand.

ASUMountaineer
May 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM

xshakefistx Anonymous message board posting makes me so angry!

xlolx There's really no need to take anything personally. What I find embarrassing is a supposed 44-year old man calling names and threatening to beat up a stranger over the internet. Classy.

Virginia Breeze
May 24th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I'm a proud App alumni, and assholes like you make us all look like a bunch of losers who has fallen off the social ladder, climbed down the social ladder, jumped off the social ladder, or just never bothered to climb the social ladder in the first place. Do us respectable App grads a favor, shut the hell up.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I'm a proud App alumni, and assholes like you make us all look like a bunch of losers who has fallen off the social ladder, climbed down the social ladder, jumped off the social ladder, or just never bothered to climb the social ladder in the first place. Do us respectable App grads a favor, shut the hell up.

Please check your pm's. You are taking things a bit more seriously than necessary and would like to come to an understanding on these first few posts.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
May 24th, 2013, 12:55 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lnYNFOzjSOs/Ta0vSRbRavI/AAAAAAAAFmE/6rQd6L6lYu0/s400/Know-your-role-and-SHUT-YOUR-MOUTH.jpg

Translation. :D

ASUMountaineer
May 24th, 2013, 01:16 PM

Yeah, very respectable. xcoffeex

Do you know how to use the quote function? When you say "you," who are you referring to, tough guy? Yeah, we're the ones that had issues with the social ladder. xlolx

I was hoping you would be an entertaining troll, but it's clear you don't have what it takes. Stay classy, VB!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM
See you at the tailgate, buddy.

I'll know it's you when the smell of booze and BBQ is overwhelmed by the fleeting odor of one of your noxious queefs.

And welcome to the forum!! Further threats should be directed to my PM box. I will oblige any challenge, be it arm wrestling, weight lifting, trivia or fisticuffs, so long as you sign my contract beforehand.

This **** won't be happening here. He shouldn't have brought this to the table, you should not be escalating the challenge further either. He's new here but you know better than this already.

One way or another this is the end of it.

Cocky
May 24th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Here on the southern end of the Appalachian mtn we dont have a social ladder. Everyone is either on the bottom or the top because we only have one step (broke). Glad we dont have the problem you northern mtn folks do.

Apphole
May 24th, 2013, 04:42 PM
This **** won't be happening here. He shouldn't have brought this to the table, you should not be escalating the challenge further either. He's new here but you know better than this already.

One way or another this is the end of it.

Buddy! Don't you see the sarcasm in that post? For god sakes I mentioned trivia and arm wrestling xlolx

You know I've toed the line so many times in here over the years that I know EXACTLY where it is.

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 24th, 2013, 04:54 PM

I agree. I'll only add that joining the Slum Belt is another example of falling down a proverbial ladder. What a disastrous move.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Buddy! Don't you see the sarcasm in that post? For god sakes I mentioned trivia and arm wrestling xlolx

You know I've toed the line so many times in here over the years that I know EXACTLY where it is.

I saw the humor and appreciated it. Just saying once these keep going back and forth you know as well as I do that pics start getting posted as well as all sorts of other things I need to go clean up to each offended parties satisfaction even though they were the ones wiping dookie on the wall.

If you would have went with something like "trivia, checkers, you name it!" then it's all humor and no esclation on your part...that's what I was inferring you should have known. c'mon man. more Apphxlolxle, less Apph:(le.xthumbsupx

dgtw
May 24th, 2013, 06:13 PM

You won't graduate for another 78 years?

Apphole
May 24th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I agree. I'll only add that joining the Slum Belt is another example of falling down a proverbial ladder. What a disastrous move.

xlolx What ever you say, man. It is your prerogative as an American to think that a move up in exposure, sports prowess/competition and revenue are a bad thing, so I won't discourage you.

Virginia Breeze
May 24th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Sorry guys, lost it. Proud of App.

Virginia Breeze
May 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I just hope we can recruit well against cusa, uncc. Sun belt, cusa?

proasu89
May 24th, 2013, 08:23 PM
I just hope we can recruit well against cusa, uncc. Sun belt, cusa?

You lost me on the ladderxlolx

Redbirdz
May 24th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Troy may not be so solidly against Jacksonville State joining the Sunbelt as you think. They were once big hated rivals, kind of like Alabama and Auburn. There would be sell-outs at both schools.

appsfan
May 24th, 2013, 09:10 PM
You're at great pains to say that App State and Georgia Southern are still FCS schools. This is an FCS board. The news that App State and Georgia Southern are moving to the Sun Belt constitutes FCS news. Similarly, that the Sun Belt are not looking into expansion (for now) is germane to the FCS because JMU and Liberty have been publicly rumored to have some contact with the Sun Belt about joining.

If App State and GeSo fans just migrated to the Sun Belt boards forever, I'd be thrilled. But the fact that they troll a board about the FCS, Lehigh's chosen subdivision, and try to claim that the SoCon is going to die, as well as the FCS, I'm more than happy to expose all the myths that are constantly bandied about in regards to the Sun Belt "making money". The fact that some schools might actually enjoy competing for FCS national championships while not joining the never-ending spending train that is low-major FBS football seems to mystify you - and you seem pretty damn insecure about it, too, based on the fact that all you do is slum it down here with we FCS folk.
You bash App State fans for posting on an FCS board while we are FCS? As the beer commercial says, brilliant...

Virginia Breeze
May 25th, 2013, 10:40 AM
You lost me on the ladderxlolx

I promised the mod I would drop it.

Anyone else worried about our move to the Sun Belt. It's the FBS bottom feeder. Charlotte in C-USA is going to be hard to recruit against. Not to mention the other 6 NC FBS schools in much better confs.

Saint3333
May 25th, 2013, 11:02 AM
CUSA isn't what it used to be.

Of course this is going to be tough. If App wanted easy street we'd stay in the SoCon. Success is sweetest when the path is tougher.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 25th, 2013, 12:21 PM
CUSA isn't what it used to be.

Yeah, now it's filled with schools that used to be in the Sun Belt. xlolx

The Cats
May 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM
It's there a Sun Belt board for this kind of stuff ?

Saint3333
May 25th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Yeah, now it's filled with schools that used to be in the Sun Belt. xlolx

That is my point. CUSA took the "market" teams not necessarily the good ones.

Apphole
May 25th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Anyone else worried about our move to the Sun Belt. It's the FBS bottom feeder. Charlotte in C-USA is going to be hard to recruit against. Not to mention the other 6 NC FBS schools in much better confs.

That's good. For a second I though you actually followed App football.

ThompsonThe
May 25th, 2013, 07:28 PM
That's good. For a second I though you actually followed App football.

Seems as if they follow uncc football instead. It's really a good thing that cusa took the Sun Belt teams that they did Even cusa posters say that the addition of App State and Georgia Southern will more than make the SBC stronger, will also boost the sb attendance.

App State alone has more average attendance than both FIU and FAU combined.
One poster pointed out that App actually has more attendance than four of cusa football schools combined.

Besides the cusa isn't your daddy's old conference.
cusa is losing ECU and Tulsa in addition to all the other marquee schools it has already lost.
A Southern Miss team that didn't win a football game at all last year is the top team in cusa.

ThompsonThe
May 25th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Troy may not be so solidly against Jacksonville State joining the Sunbelt as you think. They were once big hated rivals, kind of like Alabama and Auburn. There would be sell-outs at both schools.
Jax State would be a good addition to the SBC. Would certainly be in favor of them.
Believe JMU, after they get their 2.5 million from the CAA on July 1st,
or Missouri State are more what the Sun Belt intends to do.
May be very good Sun Belt soon. App State and GaSo intend to make it that way.
Would make an old Yosef dance a jig.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/CRE48/MOVING%20Pictures/0iCqBES_zps9fc09fb2.gif (http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/CRE48/media/MOVING%20Pictures/0iCqBES_zps9fc09fb2.gif.html)

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Jax State would be a good addition to the SBC. Would certainly be in favor of them.
Believe JMU, after they get their 2.5 million from the CAA on July 1st,
or Missouri State are more what the Sun Belt intends to do.
May be very good Sun Belt soon. App State and GaSo intend to make it that way.
Would make an old Yosef dance a jig.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/CRE48/MOVING%20Pictures/0iCqBES_zps9fc09fb2.gif (http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/CRE48/media/MOVING%20Pictures/0iCqBES_zps9fc09fb2.gif.html)

Please, take Mo State.

ThompsonThe
May 25th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Please, take Mo State.
Missouri State does not have great football attendance. Nothing like JMU or even Jacksonville State.
However they normally are pretty good at basketball, and fairly close for Arkansas State of the SBC.
So if the SB doesn't expect to add JMU sometime after July 1st, would imagine the SBC might take
Missouri State, IF they think their new football stadium addition, and good scheduling will get their
average attendance up to at least the 15,000 minimum FBS average.

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Missouri State does not have great football attendance. Nothing like JMU or even Jacksonville State.
However they normally are pretty good at basketball, and fairly close for Arkansas State of the SBC.
So if the SB doesn't expect to add JMU sometime after July 1st, would imagine the SBC might take
Missouri State, IF they think their new football stadium addition, and good scheduling will get their
average attendance up to at least the 15,000 minimum FBS average.

Not gonna happen....and the MVC is a better home for their bball anyway....would be a football only move for them (teams don't usually leave the Valley, especially lately).

ThompsonThe
May 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Not gonna happen....and the MVC is a better home for their bball anyway....would be a football only move for them (teams don't usually leave the Valley, especially lately).

I have my reservations about it happening, mainly on the SBC decision side.
Like I said, MSU has some things they would have to assure the SBC they can and will overcome.
However, the lure of BCS playoff distribution of 1.4 to 2.7 million, and maybe more,
automatically handed to them each year makes a new incentive that they may want,
even if the SBC does not want them right now. Many think it may be another school anyway.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/CRE48/MOVING%20Pictures/hF3C80A24_zps470f561c.gif (http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/CRE48/media/MOVING%20Pictures/hF3C80A24_zps470f561c.gif.html)

IBleedYellow
May 26th, 2013, 12:38 AM
I have my reservations about it happening, mainly on the SBC decision side.
Like I said, MSU has some things they would have to assure the SBC they can and will overcome.
However, the lure of BCS playoff distribution of 1.4 to 2.7 million, and maybe more,
automatically handed to them each year makes a new incentive that they may want,
even if the SBC does not want them right now. Many think it may be another school anyway.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/CRE48/MOVING%20Pictures/hF3C80A24_zps470f561c.gif (http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/CRE48/media/MOVING%20Pictures/hF3C80A24_zps470f561c.gif.html)

Dude, their football program is not drowning in money right now. They aren't App State or GSU that are at max capacity and have donor money coming out of their ass. When you guys talk about that money they will make you don't ever take into consideration the amount that they would have to be paying in order to have access towards that extra 1.25 million.

Nexus 4

ThompsonThe
May 26th, 2013, 03:21 AM
We could Debbie Downer them for sure. Is always easy to do so. Like was said previously Missouri State would have to get their attendance up considerably in order to even be seriously considered, so if they reasonably could not do that then it wouldn't matter. Increased attendance + payout = @ $3,000,000 to $4,000,000 or more. This does not take into consideration any media money or any considerable increase in payments for one and dones with BCS teams.

Laker
May 26th, 2013, 07:46 AM

I like the guy on the sled. Looks like something James Bond would do.

MplsBison
May 26th, 2013, 12:34 PM

I would generally agree that it would take something pretty serious to get an MVC school to leave the Valley in basketball (such as, Creighton's offer to join the Big East).

That said...some seemingly crazy things have happened lately and they're not being driven by basketball, they're being driven by football and the growth of football brands.

MSUBear42
May 27th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Dude, their football program is not drowning in money right now. They aren't App State or GSU that are at max capacity and have donor money coming out of their ass. When you guys talk about that money they will make you don't ever take into consideration the amount that they would have to be paying in order to have access towards that extra 1.25 million.

Nexus 4

Excuse me, but you sir have no freaking clue what you're talking about.

clenz
May 27th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I was assured MSU has had an invite from CUSA for well over a year

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

texcap
May 28th, 2013, 12:45 AM
I like the guy on the sled. Looks like something James Bond would do.

Or Clark Griswold!

ASUMountaineer
May 28th, 2013, 08:42 AM
It's there a Sun Belt board for this kind of stuff ?

LFN started the thread, ask him. He can't help himself.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 28th, 2013, 09:27 AM
LFN started the thread, ask him. He can't help himself.

Gee, as if a Sun Belt leadership who 1) drew up a map with JMU in the conference and 2) went to Lynchburg to talk to Falwell Jr. himself has absolutely nothing to do with FCS. xrolleyesx

WH49er
May 28th, 2013, 09:47 AM
That is my point. CUSA took the "market" teams not necessarily the good ones.

The Sunbelt has never had any totally dominate teams as you claim. It has been up and down cycles for each team in that conference. Here are the conference champs:

2001 Middle Tennessee & North Texas 5–1
2002 North Texas 6–0
2003 North Texas 7–0
2004 North Texas 7–0
2005 Arkansas State, ULL, & ULM 5–2
2006 Middle Tennessee & Troy 6–1
2007 Florida Atlantic & Troy 6–1
2008 Troy 6–1
2009 Troy 8–0
2010 FIU & Troy 6–2
2011 Arkansas State 8–0
2012 Arkansas State 7–1

Troy has probably been the strongest team in the league but even have struggled the past 2 years with an overall record of 8-16.

ASUMountaineer
May 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Gee, as if a Sun Belt leadership who 1) drew up a map with JMU in the conference and 2) went to Lynchburg to talk to Falwell Jr. himself has absolutely nothing to do with FCS. xrolleyesx

Gee, who said the thread had nothing to do with FCS? Reading is FUNdamental.

You did start the thread, right? xcoffeex

ASUMountaineer
May 28th, 2013, 10:33 AM
The Sunbelt has never had any totally dominate teams as you claim. It has been up and down cycles for each team in that conference. Here are the conference champs:

2001 Middle Tennessee & North Texas 5–1
2002 North Texas 6–0
2003 North Texas 7–0
2004 North Texas 7–0
2005 Arkansas State, ULL, & ULM 5–2
2006 Middle Tennessee & Troy 6–1
2007 Florida Atlantic & Troy 6–1
2008 Troy 6–1
2009 Troy 8–0
2010 FIU & Troy 6–2
2011 Arkansas State 8–0
2012 Arkansas State 7–1

Troy has probably been the strongest team in the league but even have struggled the past 2 years with an overall record of 8-16.

I assume you meant, "dominant." And, I'm not sure how you took the words "good ones" and decided he was speaking of "dominant" teams. Interesting interpretation...

Saint3333
May 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Troy, Ark St., ULL, and MTSU are the best football programs over the last five years in the Sun Belt. CUSA got one of those. They choose to chase markets (really location, no team owns market share in their state) with North Texas, FIU, and FAU. The last two additions of MTSU and WKU were the best additions they made.

WH49er
May 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I assume you meant, "dominant." And, I'm not sure how you took the words "good ones" and decided he was speaking of "dominant" teams. Interesting interpretation...

You may see it as an interpretation but App fans have been rambling on and on about it ever since the CUSA invite didn't come.

ASUMountaineer
May 28th, 2013, 11:15 AM
You may see it as an interpretation but App fans have been rambling on and on about it ever since the CUSA invite didn't come.

Well, he didn't say "dominant," so it has to be an interpretation, no?

You didn't indicate that you were making a general observation about 2-years' worth of statements. However, you did indicate that you were responding directly to Saint.

Which is it, WH?

WH49er
May 28th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Well, he didn't say "dominant," so it has to be an interpretation, no?

You didn't indicate that you were making a general observation about 2-years' worth of statements. However, you did indicate that you were responding directly to Saint.

Which is it, WH?

You're trying to argue semantics here. My point was the "good ones" or "dominant" labels of Sun Belt teams are only temporary.

ASUMountaineer
May 28th, 2013, 11:57 AM
You're trying to argue semantics here. My point was the "good ones" or "dominant" labels of Sun Belt teams are only temporary.

I suppose. Although, those do have different meanings. I just figured your point should be clear and accurate.

I don't really find the argument interesting. We're going to the Sun Belt, so CUSA isn't much of my concern. With that aside, your point is the case with most conferences.

Saint3333
May 28th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Either way CUSA only chose one of the top four football programs. Imagine if they had taken Troy, ULL, and Ark St. vs. North Texas, FIU, and FAU.