PDA

View Full Version : Towson AD Waddell Resigns for Associate Position at Arkansas

superman7515
May 20th, 2013, 08:25 PM
http://www.pressboxonline.com/story/10340/Towson-AD-Mike-Waddell-Leaving-For-Arkansas

The University of Arkansas has hired Towson University athletic director Mike Waddell as a senior associate athletic director for external operations and strategic communications, Arkansas AD and vice chancellor Jeff Long announced May 20. Waddell's tenure at Towson ends June 10.

"I am excited to join the Arkansas Razorback Family and to work with the outstanding student-athletes, coaches, administration and staff at the University of Arkansas," Waddell said in a statement. "The opportunity to work with a program that has a rich, long-standing tradition and for an athletics director in Jeff Long who has proven to be one of the most innovative and proactive in all of college athletics is something that I am eager to engage. I am looking forward to working with this outstanding team to take advantage of emerging opportunities to share our story of success and position the University of Arkansas at the forefront of college athletics."

Waddell, who took over the Towson athletic department during the fall of 2010, held a similar position in his previous role at the University of Cincinnati as the senior associate athletic director for external relations.

At Arkansas, Waddell will be the department's liaison with the soon-to-launch SEC Network and will oversee much of the Razorbacks' marketing efforts, public relations, media relations and ticket sales.

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 20th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Good for Waddell but I got the sense that skeletons were piling up in his closet at Towson.

andy7171
May 21st, 2013, 08:56 AM
He turned our "Big Three" completely around returned respect to our athletic department to where we were in the early 90's. I wish him well moving onto the SEC. I just hope our President makes a hire continuing in the same direction.

Saint3333
May 21st, 2013, 09:24 AM
Look for App St to be on Arkansas's schedule in the next 4 years.

andy7171
May 21st, 2013, 09:39 AM
Look for App St to be on Arkansas's schedule in the next 4 years.

Is there a Waddell - Appy connection?

superman7515
May 21st, 2013, 09:42 AM

More importantly, what is his connection to the Patriot League?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM
More importantly, what is his connection to the Patriot League?

xthumbsupx

Arkansas to Patriot League? "The presidents are calling a council meeting.... in about five years we'll see if a quorum is five, or six members, and whether the Academic Index will be applicable to a school whose athletic budget is larger than all the other schools combined."

superman7515
May 21st, 2013, 09:59 AM
xthumbsupx

Arkansas to Patriot League?

Bogie would be the first documented case of an individual having three simultaneous heart attacks.

The Moody1
May 21st, 2013, 10:00 AM

From 1997-2000 Waddell, a North Carolina native, was the Director of Athletics external operations at Appalachian State.

andy7171
May 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM
I'm lost now.

andy7171
May 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM
From 1997-2000 Waddell, a North Carolina native, was the Director of Athletics external operations at Appalachian State.

Thanks.

How did the PL get brought into this?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 21st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks.

Didn't you know? Everything's about the PL. :D

andy7171
May 21st, 2013, 10:53 AM
Didn't you know? Everything's about the PL. :D

OK. I forgot. xlolx

cmaxwellgsu
May 21st, 2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks.

One inept blogger....

JMU2004
May 21st, 2013, 11:11 AM
Dude should fit right in at Arkansas....major league skeletons will follow him everywhere.

andy7171
May 21st, 2013, 11:16 AM
Dude should fit right in at Arkansas....major league skeletons will follow him everywhere.

Just wondering what skeletons we're talking about?

ThompsonThe
May 22nd, 2013, 08:40 AM
Good question. What skeletons?

JMU2004
May 22nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Waddell has a SHADY rep in the higher ed realm. He is known to be self serving and unethical, both professionally and personally.

It makes perfect sense that he would go to Arkansas where the whole Petrino shadiness was kept under wraps until the motorcycle incident.