PDA

View Full Version : DelState OL Jadira Green Involved In Serious Accident

superman7515
May 16th, 2013, 08:21 PM
He was involved in a pretty bad wreck this morning. They don't mention it in the story, but Mr. Green was trapped in the vehicle for over 20 minutes due to the severity of damage to his car which required firefighters on scene to remove the roof and several doors to free him at which time he was then flown to the local trauma center. Some video at the link...

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9104700

ODESSA, Del. - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware State University football player was injured in a violent multi-vehicle crash on Route 1 in New Castle County, Delaware Thursday morning.

Delaware State Police say Jadira Green, 22, of Fort Washington, Maryland was seriously injured after his 1998 Buick Century was rear-ended by a 2007 Chevrolet box truck after 4:00 a.m. Thursday.

Police say Green's car was completely stopped without its lights on in the left northbound travel lane of Route 1 south of the Biddle Toll Plaza when it was hit by the box truck, driven by Chang Song, 37, of Camden-Wyoming, Delaware.

The impact pushed Green's car into the right northbound lane, where it was struck on the passenger side by a northbound 1999 Coach tour bus driven 74-year-old Ralph Rhoades of Laurel, Delaware.

Police say Green, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was rushed to the Christiana Hospital Trauma Center in serious condition. He remained in serious but stable condition Thursday afternoon.

MissoulaMarinerFan
May 16th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Yikes. Terrible news no matter who you root for. Keeping him and his family in my prayers.

IBleedYellow
May 16th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Prayers headed that way. Hope he will recover swiftly and his life won't be impacted in any way other than emotionally!

tourguide
May 17th, 2013, 05:55 AM
car stopped in the middle of what appears to be a major tollway with no lights on. this could get interesting

kdinva
May 17th, 2013, 07:39 AM
car stopped in the middle of what appears to be a major tollway with no lights on. this could get interesting

.........and at 4:00 AM.........I do hope he recovers and can play his Senior season.....

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 17th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Awful. Hope he recovers...and learns a valuable lesson.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Hope he recovers from this. Odd story for sure.

MissoulaMarinerFan
May 17th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Maybe his car just died? Happened to me on my way to school. Alternator went out while I was driving on the highway around 80 mph...luckily there was enough juice to get to the side of the road...but, considering college students....could be very interesting. Hope everything is on the up and up.