PDA

View Full Version : Duquesne to visit Georgia Southern in 2014

aceinthehole
May 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Georgia Southern football will host Northeast Conference member Duquesne in 2014 when it moves up to the FBS level.

Georgia Southern announced the Sept. 20 matchup on Friday - the first ever between the programs - while also announcing its other non-conference games, each against an FBS opponent: at North Carolina State (Aug. 30), at Georgia Tech (Sept. 13) and at Navy (Nov. 15).

The six-time FCS national champion Eagles will leave the Southern Conference for the Sun Belt Conference next year.

The 2014 Sun Belt schedule will be released by the conference next year. Georgia Southern's game with LSU in Baton Rouge for 2014 will be rescheduled for another season.

DFW HOYA
May 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Duquesne and Georgetown were once very similar programs in the MAAC days, but Duquesne has certaily been more agressive in scheduling of late. (If Georgetown could schedule Davidson and Marist twice every year, it might.)

Of course, better opponents will always come on the road. Duquesne's home stadium is not much bigger than the MSF.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/duquesne-dukes-arthur-j-rooney-athletic-field/Rooney-Field-1.jpg

Eagle22
May 16th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Hopefully we can even up our record vs. the NEC to 1-1 alltime.

VanGorder's loss to Central Connecticut State still stings.

The Eagle's Cliff
May 16th, 2013, 10:38 AM

That's when we knew it was going to be a loooooong season. First game of the season losing 17-13 to an NEC on the way to an all-time worse record of 3-8.

Brian Van Gorder is now with the Jets lol

danefan
May 16th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Is GSU bowl eligible in 2014?

UAalum72
May 16th, 2013, 10:44 AM

It's already 1-1 vs. the NEC thanks to your last-minute field goal vs. Albany.

danefan
May 16th, 2013, 10:45 AM

Should've been 0-2.

Who calls play-action on 3rd and long from your own 5 yard line.

Pick-6 waiting to happen.

GATA_Eagles
May 16th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Is GSU bowl eligible in 2014?

No that would be 2015. We're stil eligible for the conference championship though

The Eagle's Cliff
May 16th, 2013, 11:27 AM

Should've been 0-2.

Who calls play-action on 3rd and long from your own 5 yard line.

Pick-6 waiting to happen.

I never realized the only two times we've played NEC teams were the worst years (statistically) in the modern era. Although the Hatcher 2009 team was 5-6, that team was the worst statistically on both sides of the ball. I sure hope that's not a trend.

The NEC "experience" I remember the most was the NEC Officiating crew for our playoff @ W&M in 2010. They were horrible for both teams with poor spots, missed calls and invented "rules". It made me wonder if they were confusing football with hockey.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 16th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Interesting fact...the NEC is probably the only FCS conference that doesn't have a losing record against GSU. The SLC is probably the only other one if any more.

Apphole
May 16th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Of all the fan bases in the world, I think GaSo will have the hardest time of all pronouncing Duquesne.

Doo-cane.

GlassOnion
May 16th, 2013, 12:02 PM
App's Campbell Camel game isnt looking much like an outlier anymore.

walliver
May 16th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Georgia Southern football will host Northeast Conference member Duquesne in 2014 when it moves up to the FBS level.

Georgia Southern announced the Sept. 20 matchup on Friday - the first ever between the programs - while also announcing its other non-conference games, each against an FBS opponent: at North Carolina State (Aug. 30), at Georgia Tech (Sept. 13) and at Navy (Nov. 15).

The six-time FCS national champion Eagles will leave the Southern Conference for the Sun Belt Conference next year.

The 2014 Sun Belt schedule will be released by the conference next year. Georgia Southern's game with LSU in Baton Rouge for 2014 will be rescheduled for another season.

Is this the Paul Johnson tour?

Although if he can't field a defense at some point, he may not be at GT too much longer.

The Eagle's Cliff
May 16th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I think the Nebraska folks would love PJ. Navy and GT can't exactly recruit just any player.

Eaglesrus
May 16th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Of all the fan bases in the world, I think GaSo will have the hardest time of all pronouncing Duquesne.

Doo-cane.

You still think about us a lot, huh?

carney2
May 16th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Has Georgia Southern ever played a Patriot League team? I'll even take a playoff game for an answer.

ASUMountaineer
May 16th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Duquesne and Georgetown were once very similar programs in the MAAC days, but Duquesne has certaily been more agressive in scheduling of late. (If Georgetown could schedule Davidson and Marist twice every year, it might.)

Of course, better opponents will always come on the road. Duquesne's home stadium is not much bigger than the MSF.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/duquesne-dukes-arthur-j-rooney-athletic-field/Rooney-Field-1.jpg

Very true. I went to a wedding at the chapel on Duquesne's campus and walked right past the stadium. Very, very small but a really cool location overlooking the river.

ASUMountaineer
May 16th, 2013, 01:24 PM
That's when we knew it was going to be a loooooong season. First game of the season losing 17-13 to an NEC on the way to an all-time worse record of 3-8.

Brian Van Gorder is now with the Jets lol

Very appropriate.

Apphole
May 16th, 2013, 01:33 PM
You still think about us a lot, huh?

How could I forget the school that rode our coat tails to the FBS?

Eagle22
May 16th, 2013, 02:07 PM

Whoops, forgot about the Great Danes.

Eagle22
May 16th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Has Georgia Southern ever played a Patriot League team? I'll even take a playoff game for an answer.

Colgate, beat'em in 1998. Ryan Vena (I think) was their QB, good player.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 16th, 2013, 02:29 PM

Yup.... Vena was named the greatest QB in PL history a couple years ago.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 16th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Duquesne has tremendous upside if their administration could figure out how to run an athletic program. The school is located in a great sports city and has a solid academic reputation.

eaglewraith
May 16th, 2013, 02:43 PM
How could I forget the school that rode our coat tails to the FBS?

I seem to remember someone else being welcomed to FBS first.

Apphole
May 16th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I seem to remember someone else being welcomed to FBS first.

xlolx Statesboro's location between New Orleans and Boone. That's all. What matters is the fact that App was prepping for FBS for 3 years before those three letters were mentioned in the same sentence with GaSo. It was your rival's coming move that prompted the Stink administration to get out of bed and get the ball rolling. You piggy backed on our national brand recognition as our main rival to get an invite.

Georgia Southern rode App State's coat tails to the FBS.

blueballs
May 16th, 2013, 03:49 PM

That was the week Coach Russell died too, just a miserable time for GSU.

blueballs
May 16th, 2013, 03:53 PM

Opening round of the 1998 playoffs... it was a great game for a half as the teams traded scores before GSU pitched a shutout in the second half and won by 3 TD's.

I remember the center for Colgate puking on Vena's shoes in the huddle... that was f-ing hilarious.

Eaglesrus
May 16th, 2013, 04:50 PM
xlolx Statesboro's location between New Orleans and Boone. That's all. What matters is the fact that App was prepping for FBS for 3 years before those three letters were mentioned in the same sentence with GaSo. It was your rival's coming move that prompted the Stink administration to get out of bed and get the ball rolling. You piggy backed on our national brand recognition as our main rival to get an invite.

Hmmm, sounds to me like it just took us much less time (three years according to you) to get there than it did Appy. Therefore, seems that us deciding to do it was what got someone to finally give you the invite. You're welcome.

downbythebeach
May 16th, 2013, 09:41 PM
DUQ gets no support from their admin
Us on AGS could take over and make that team into a powerhouse
They just do not care and do not realize what they are sitting on, but I guess that is what it is in the world of FCS football.

Go...gate
May 16th, 2013, 10:12 PM

Colgate, 1998 Playoffs. GSU 49, Colgate 28.

aceinthehole
May 17th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Duquesne has tremendous upside if their administration could figure out how to run an athletic program. The school is located in a great sports city and has a solid academic reputation.

Agreed. They were a great add to the NEC for football.

I know Georgetown doesn't fit the NEC profile at all, but IMO they would be a great add for the NEC even though the feeling isn't mutual from the Hoyas' perspective.

I'd also like to see the NEC really go after Marist. I think they could make the transition to limited-scholly NEC football without too much of a problem, if the support from the administration is there.

Lastly, I know why they did it, but I think the NEC made a mistake not allowing Monmouth to stay as a football affiliate.

Apphole
May 17th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Hmmm, sounds to me like it just took us much less time (three years according to you) to get there than it did Appy. Therefore, seems that us deciding to do it was what got someone to finally give you the invite. You're welcome.

The landscape was right in 2012. It wasn't in 2009. Simple as that.

Just look at our stadiums, budgets ect. There's no way you would have gotten an FBS look in the first place if you weren't holding tightly to our coat tails.

SouthernMan
May 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
There's no way you would have gotten an FBS look in the first place if you weren't holding tightly to our coat tails.

I think the thin air mixed with early summer pollen is getting to you, you may need to go lay down. You are becoming delusional. Does App get an invite without Georgia Southern? NO. Does Georgia Southern get an invite without App? NO. To say you simply drug us along for the ride is almost like saying your online announcement of the move up could be under.....(wait, buffering).....sttooooood, now that was an FBS production at the finest level!

Apphole
May 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I think the thin air mixed with early summer pollen is getting to you, you may need to go lay down. You are becoming delusional. Does App get an invite without Georgia Southern? NO. Does Georgia Southern get an invite without App? NO. To say you simply drug us along for the ride is almost like saying your online announcement of the move up could be under.....(wait, buffering).....sttooooood, now that was an FBS production at the finest level!

If there's anything we still have at an FCS level, it's our online streaming services. xbangx

But you're wrong though. We were going Sun Belt with or without you. Thank goodness for your change in leadership or you would be playing for a SmallCon championship this year. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you came with us. But The Stink was staying FCS if not for App State's decision to move.

eaglewraith
May 17th, 2013, 11:49 PM
If there's anything we still have at an FCS level, it's our online streaming services. xbangx

But you're wrong though. We were going Sun Belt with or without you. Thank goodness for your change in leadership or you would be playing for a SmallCon championship this year. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you came with us. But The Stink was staying FCS if not for App State's decision to move.

Bolded is the difference. All trash talk aside, with our former administration, it was never happening. You did pull away from us because of the change you guys had in your leadership that positioned you correctly.

The funny thing is that we did the same thing in a very short amount of time after our new President started. Leadership made the difference....not "riding on your coattails." Your decision to move had no direct impact on our decision.

Eagle22
May 18th, 2013, 06:55 AM

The more you type on this topic, the further distance you put between yourself and the truth.

ASU might very well have been still sitting in FCS waiting on a CUSA invite had GSU not undergone some leadership changes and changed course of direction. Once it became clear that GSU was going to pursue the Sun Belt opportunity and CUSA was not calling the Mountaineers, ASU took a different tack on Sun Belt membership.

There is no denying that ASU was ahead of the game in both facilities and budget, but your continued implication that GSU was a throw-in w/ ASU's admission is simply just a demonstration of your lack of command of the facts.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 18th, 2013, 07:51 AM
How does a school "ride the coattails" of another school to a conference anyways?

401ks
May 18th, 2013, 03:05 PM

+1

hebmskebm
May 18th, 2013, 04:34 PM

Solid enough to be a member of the Patriot League? :D

parr90
May 18th, 2013, 05:46 PM

Sorry to disappoint son but GSU was talking div 1 long time ago and considered making the jump after going 15-0 in 89. Ain't no piggy backing from a program that was winning multiple NC's before your first.

Saint3333
May 18th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Jeopardy category: Dates that aren't related yet funny to discuss on a message board

Answer: 2000 & 2013

ngineer
May 18th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Interesting fact...the NEC is probably the only FCS conference that doesn't have a losing record against GSU. The SLC is probably the only other one if any more.

Interesting question is whether any Patriot League school has ever played GSU? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

danefan
May 19th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Interesting question is whether any Patriot League school has ever played GSU? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Read back about 2 pages. 1998 Playoffs - Colgate

The Eagle's Cliff
May 19th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Sorry to disappoint son but GSU was talking div 1 long time ago and considered making the jump after going 15-0 in 89. Ain't no piggy backing from a program that was winning multiple NC's before your first.

Apphole is one of those fans who either forget or don't know about App St pre-2005. I'll be the first to admit App passed Furman and GSU in the late 2000's, but App was just a good team who lost early in the playoffs when they got there.

Come to think of it, post-Armanti is more like the old App - with more fans.

A big part of their success is team's having to travel to that God forsaken hell hole with no oxygen and 50 degree temperature shifts to try to play football.

In fact, I'm pretty sure "boone" is the word for feces in 17 languages.

GlassOnion
May 19th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Come to think of it, post-Armanti is more like the old App - but with more fans and domination of Georgia Southern.

There you go.

The Eagle's Cliff
May 19th, 2013, 05:37 PM
There you go.

Touche. Maybe Sun Belt officials know how to call a safety and can determine when a receiver is out of the endzone. App had a good run in the 20 Oh's vs GSU that helped make the series more even. I'm sure blowing up our program for 4 years had nothing to do with it though

Go...gate
May 20th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Solid enough to be a member of the Patriot League? :D

I would not mind Duquesne as an Associate Member for football at all. Hell if we're going to let Loyola-Baltimore in.....

ASUMountaineer
May 20th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Touche. Maybe Sun Belt officials know how to call a safety and can determine when a receiver is out of the endzone. App had a good run in the 20 Oh's vs GSU that helped make the series more even. I'm sure blowing up our program for 4 years had nothing to do with it though

Still harping on this? Sad man, sad. Probably time to move on.

ASUMountaineer
May 20th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Apphole is one of those fans who either forget or don't know about App St pre-2005. I'll be the first to admit App passed Furman and GSU in the late 2000's, but App was just a good team who lost early in the playoffs when they got there.

Come to think of it, post-Armanti is more like the old App - with more fans.

A big part of their success is team's having to travel to that God forsaken hell hole with no oxygen and 50 degree temperature shifts to try to play football.

In fact, I'm pretty sure "boone" is the word for feces in 17 languages.

So, what's the excuse for Georgia Southern's lack of championships since Y2K?

Eaglesrus
May 20th, 2013, 08:20 AM
So, what's the excuse for Georgia Southern's lack of championships since Y2K?

We have many, where would you like to start? :)

eaglewraith
May 20th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Still harping on this? Sad man, sad. Probably time to move on.

I'm just hoping the blown calls that both of us have suffered in the past will be caught by replay moving forward. I know it's not perfect, but at least there's some sort of checks and balances in there.

Apphole
May 20th, 2013, 10:05 AM
I'm just hoping the blown calls that both of us have suffered in the past will be caught by replay moving forward. I know it's not perfect, but at least there's some sort of checks and balances in there.

Whiniest. fanbase. ever.

ASUMountaineer
May 20th, 2013, 11:29 AM

Replay is a good thing.

ASUMountaineer
May 20th, 2013, 11:29 AM
We have many, where would you like to start? :)

xlolx How about BVG?

asumike83
May 20th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Maybe Sun Belt officials know how to call a safety and can determine when a receiver is out of the endzone. App had a good run in the 20 Oh's vs GSU that helped make the series more even.

Surprisingly, you are incorrect. App was 5-6 against GSU from 2000-2009 and still leads the all-time series 14-11-1.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled whining about the refs.

The Eagle's Cliff
May 20th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Surprisingly, you are incorrect. App was 5-6 against GSU from 2000-2009 and still leads the all-time series 14-11-1.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled whining about the refs.

App is 12-10 vs GSU in the modern era. We don't count wins or losses prior to 1982 because Georgia Southern didn't start football until then. App "broke serve" in 2012 by winning in Statesboro. The series is amazingly even. What I was referring to as your "good run" occurred 2005-2012 with a 6-2 record vs GSU which helped you gain ground after our 6-2 run from 1998-2004.

asumike83
May 20th, 2013, 03:06 PM
App is 12-10 vs GSU in the modern era. We don't count wins or losses prior to 1982 because Georgia Southern didn't start football until then. App "broke serve" in 2012 by winning in Statesboro. The series is amazingly even. What I was referring to as your "good run" occurred 2005-2012 with a 6-2 record vs GSU which helped you gain ground after our 6-2 run from 1998-2004.

App is 14-11-1 against GSU. It has been a very evenly matched series and I'm glad that it will continue for the foreseeable future but an all-time series has got to count every game, regardless of when either school had an official name change.

Georgia Southern University did not technically exist until 1990. The renaming from Georgia Southern College to Georgia Southern University was probably the school's most significant identity change, yet I assume you're still claiming those first three national titles.

eaglewraith
May 20th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Whiniest. fanbase. ever.

Says the guy who bitched for a whole season about no holding calls.

I was saying something positive for both of us, because complaints about officiating have come from both sides.

Bogus Megapardus
May 20th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Duquesne has a great campus - right in downtown Pittsburgh. Students can walk to everything in the city (especially Primanti Bros). The school uses every square inch of real estate possible so I doubt there's any plan to expand Rooney Field more than already has been done. Great school with the field right in the middle of the campus (to their credit, alumni repeatedly have been successful over the years in preventing Rooney Field's prime spot from being taken over by other campus development). The full name of the institution, if I'm not mistaken, is "Duquesne University of the Holy Ghost."

I think the principal degree offered at Duquesne is "Western Pennsylvania Power Broker." Just like Seton Hall graduates who essentially run New Jersey, Duquesne graduates essentially run Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania.

ASUMountaineer
May 21st, 2013, 07:39 AM

I was saying something positive for both of us, because complaints about officiating have come from both sides.

You won't hear me gripe about the refs because it's a waste or breath. You have to admit though, it is amazing that a team can play an entire SoCon schedule and have zero holding calls against their opponent's OL. I am not sure when that last happened, but it had to be a long time ago.

ASUMountaineer
May 21st, 2013, 07:42 AM
Duquesne has a great campus - right in downtown Pittsburgh. Students can walk to everything in the city (especially Primanti Bros). The school uses every square inch of real estate possible so I doubt there's any plan to expand Rooney Field more than already has been done. Great school with the field right in the middle of the campus (to their credit, alumni repeatedly have been successful over the years in preventing Rooney Field's prime spot from being taken over by other campus development). The full name of the institution, if I'm not mistaken, is "Duquesne University of the Holy Ghost."

I think the principal degree offered at Duquesne is "Western Pennsylvania Power Broker." Just like Seton Hall graduates who essentially run New Jersey, Duquesne graduates essentially run Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania.

I think there may be a bit of room to expand on the non-river side of the stadium. But, it wouldn't be a huge expansion by any means.

Apphole
May 21st, 2013, 08:18 AM

When you go an entire regular season without having a single holding call thrown against your opponent's you can make a few understandable gripes. I may have mentioned it 2-3 times at the end of the season when that happened. It was an uphill battle we dealt with every game, not one single call that we're blaming a loss on like you people. Hardly bitching for an entire season also.

Now you guys, you guys blame the refs for YEARS every time you lose to App. "Brian Quick bobbled the Ball" "Price stepped out" "That was a safety" Blah Blah Blah Shut up you lost.

http://appstatecentral.com/content/stink-meltdown-epic-proportions

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 21st, 2013, 08:56 AM

Really? What do the Carnegie Mellon grads do? Get out of town ASAP? I figured PSU and Pitt grads were the dominant force in WPA.

blueballs
May 21st, 2013, 09:52 AM
When you go an entire regular season without having a single holding call thrown against your opponent's you can make a few understandable gripes. I may have mentioned it 2-3 times at the end of the season when that happened. It was an uphill battle we dealt with every game, not one single call that we're blaming a loss on like you people. Hardly bitching for an entire season also.

Now you guys, you guys blame the refs for YEARS every time you lose to App. "Brian Quick bobbled the Ball" "Price stepped out" "That was a safety" Blah Blah Blah Shut up you lost.

http://appstatecentral.com/content/stink-meltdown-epic-proportions

You're right, unfortunately.

Shoot... I got ostracized from the Red Flag tailgate group I'd been a part of for 11-12 years and had folks "unfriend" me on Facebook because I refused to blame the officials for GSU's loss to App this year.

The Eagle's Cliff
May 21st, 2013, 10:51 AM
App is 14-11-1 against GSU. It has been a very evenly matched series and I'm glad that it will continue for the foreseeable future but an all-time series has got to count every game, regardless of when either school had an official name change.

Georgia Southern University did not technically exist until 1990. The renaming from Georgia Southern College to Georgia Southern University was probably the school's most significant identity change, yet I assume you're still claiming those first three national titles.

I'm referring to the 1923-1941 football seasons of Georgia Normal School and South Georgia Teacher's College that we don't count as Georgia Southern Football history. 1-2-1 vs App St from 1934-1939. We refer to the "Modern Era" as beginning in 1981 when Erk Russell was hired. We fielded club teams in '82 and '83 and became an NCAA team in 1984.

At the end of our seventh season of NCAA Football, Ga Southern had compiled an 82-17 record including 4-1 in NC games. Coincidentally, many historians point to 1982 as the beginning of the Modern Era of College Football. NCAA regulations, integration, and increased media exposure intersected around this time.

From 1984-2012, App is 253-106 and GSU is 274-103. The real difference is GSU's success in the playoffs which is where the extra 25 games come from. App State, more than any other school, has had GSU's "number" and is the school which receives the most respect from Eagle Nation, but I would say the reverse is also true.

It would've been fun to have some more games with NDSU and I respect their program, but the two semi-finals aren't really enough to establish anything more than what we have with Delaware and Montana which is respect.

asumike83
May 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
I'm referring to the 1923-1941 football seasons of Georgia Normal School and South Georgia Teacher's College that we don't count as Georgia Southern Football history. 1-2-1 vs App St from 1934-1939. We refer to the "Modern Era" as beginning in 1981 when Erk Russell was hired. We fielded club teams in '82 and '83 and became an NCAA team in 1984.

At the end of our seventh season of NCAA Football, Ga Southern had compiled an 82-17 record including 4-1 in NC games. Coincidentally, many historians point to 1982 as the beginning of the Modern Era of College Football. NCAA regulations, integration, and increased media exposure intersected around this time.

From 1984-2012, App is 253-106 and GSU is 274-103. The real difference is GSU's success in the playoffs which is where the extra 25 games come from. App State, more than any other school, has had GSU's "number" and is the school which receives the most respect from Eagle Nation, but I would say the reverse is also true.

It would've been fun to have some more games with NDSU and I respect their program, but the two semi-finals aren't really enough to establish anything more than what we have with Delaware and Montana which is respect.

I understand and appreciate the history but an all-time series includes more than just the modern era, which Georgia Southern's record books confirm.

Appalachian State's football history and record books go back to 1928 and include eras when we were referred to as Appalachian State Normal School and Appalachian State Teacher's College. The quality of play was nothing like the present day but they are still a part of our history.

In fact, both your record book and Appalachian's show ASU now leading the series 15-12-1 dating back to 1932, as they include a 1932 GSU win and a 1934 ASU win that are not listed in the CFB Data Warehouse site.

Appalachian Media Guide (http://www.goasu.com/pdf8/850197.pdf)
GSU Media Guide (http://issuu.com/gsathletics/docs/fb_2012_media_guide_grey_complete/1?mode=window) - Page 133

ASUMountaineer
May 21st, 2013, 11:46 AM

Shoot... I got ostracized from the Red Flag tailgate group I'd been a part of for 11-12 years and had folks "unfriend" me on Facebook because I refused to blame the officials for GSU's loss to App this year.

Sad man, sad.

ASUMountaineer
May 21st, 2013, 11:48 AM

That's very convenient.

Apphole
May 21st, 2013, 12:15 PM

Hey man, if you've been ostracized for not buying into the the delusional group-think, ref-blaming of all the other Stink fans, there is always room for you with App Nation!

Eaglesrus
May 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM
Hey man, if you've been ostracized for not buying into the the delusional group-think, ref-blaming of all the other Stink fans, there is always room for you with App Nation!

LOL! Blueballs join the Apppy nation, good one!

asumike83
May 21st, 2013, 03:08 PM

We are a very welcoming bunch!

SpiritCymbal
May 21st, 2013, 03:34 PM

I still love you BB! hehehehehe!

Apphole
May 21st, 2013, 03:37 PM

I can feel is IQ getting higher at the mere prospect! Maybe we can introduce him to deodorant too!

seantaylor
May 22nd, 2013, 02:23 AM

LOL. Only about 4 or 5 true guineas in that crew anyway.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 22nd, 2013, 07:50 AM
The two biggest reasons we lost to App. last year...

1: Dominique Swope (who BTW App still has yet to face) didn't play.

2: We had the worst field goal kicking we've ever had as a program. That's not me being melodramatic. It was horrible and the App. game was the low point of the season for field goals.

I'd rather be the best team in the conference than win the rivalry games, though. xcoolx
And I know App. fans would agree.