PDA

View Full Version : UNH season prediction

Tim James
September 5th, 2006, 05:40 PM
I looked at their schedule and I think they will go 9-2 at the worst. I think they will lose at Northwestern and at Delaware and all the rest of their games are very winnable.

Sam Adams
September 5th, 2006, 05:44 PM
They are a great looking team, but strange things can happen on any given saturday....

UNH 1999
September 5th, 2006, 08:52 PM
i agree Sam, crazy things will happen over the course of the season that when looking at the schedule, should not... one game at a time for the boys in blue... and the first one should be very interesting.

AppGuy04
September 5th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Lose 1, lose 2, who really cares

Their goal is to win 4 in a row, in bracket format that is

UNH 1999
September 5th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Lose 1, lose 2, who really cares

Their goal is to win 4 in a row, in bracket format that is

i agree! that is one winning streak i would love for the 'Cats to go on!!! :nod:

blukeys
September 5th, 2006, 09:46 PM
I think UMass will be tough for UNH. Of Delaware, Northwestern and Umass, Umass has the best D.

rcny46
September 5th, 2006, 11:00 PM
I think UMass will be tough for UNH. Of Delaware, Northwestern and Umass, Umass has the best D.

Their matchup with Richmond will be an interesting one as well.

umassfan
September 5th, 2006, 11:56 PM
I think UNH has more of a chance loosing to UMass or Richmond before losing to Delaware. Who on Delawares defense will slow down the wildcats?

mainejeff
September 6th, 2006, 12:34 AM
I think UNH has more of a chance loosing to UMass or Richmond before losing to Delaware.

I agree.

GSUSpider
September 6th, 2006, 07:12 AM
I wouldn,t look past the Spiders or the Minutemen if I were you.

89Hen
September 6th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Who on Delawares defense will slow down the wildcats?
Right now there's no guarantee Delaware's defense is going to slow anyone down, let alone UNH. I think the hope is the offense will wear down the other team's D. Could be an interesting year with some high scoring games for the Hens.

ChickenMan
September 6th, 2006, 08:48 AM
No one questions UNH's offense... but their defense is hardly a proven commodity and championships are usually won with outstanding defense... not great offense.

Tribe4SF
September 6th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Favorable schedule with JMU, Richmond and UMass at home, and they don't have to play W&M this year.:smiley_wi

UNH 40
September 6th, 2006, 10:41 AM
No one questions UNH's offense... but their defense is hardly a proven commodity and championships are usually won with outstanding defense... not great offense.

I think UNH's defense is going to surprise a lot of people this season. They are a bit bigger and faster on the D-line than in years past, they're linebackers are solid lead by returning starter Matt Parent and transfer Hussain Karim. And lastly the most dangerous part of their defense is their secondary led by pre-season All-American Corey Graham, last years leading tackler SS Jeff Pammer, and newby CB Clement. This will not be a bad defense I went to the fall game a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed by the speed and athletism of this group.

ChickenMan
September 14th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I think UNH's defense is going to surprise a lot of people this season.

Based on their performance vs N'western it certainly looks like your are correct.

OxSoxUNH05
September 14th, 2006, 12:10 PM
It also looks like some of the more cocerning teams are coming to Durham this year as well. With the win over NU, hopefully the students will continue the trend and come out to support the team.

bobbythekidd
September 14th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I think most of us will be in our living rooms watching UNH and App St. play on TV this December.:twocents:

mainejeff
September 14th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Assuming that they have no major injuries......10-1 at worst and they have a very realistic shot at running the table.

Hope to see thousands of UNH fans in Orono for the last game of the season. If they are 10-0 coming into the game then I expect a huge crowd. And Maine could use the gate ($$$) for a game that normally doesn't draw more than 2 or 3K.......not to mention it may wake-up the AD to the fact that Cosgrove may not be the answer after 14 years :rolleyes:

Spider
September 14th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I think UNH has more of a chance loosing to UMass or Richmond before losing to Delaware. Who on Delawares defense will slow down the wildcats?
I agree...our QB will also have played a few more games and our defense is one of the best in the league. I am not sure how much of a factor the home field plays at NH.

Granite
September 14th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I think UNH's defense is going to surprise a lot of people this season. They are a bit bigger and faster on the D-line than in years past, they're linebackers are solid lead by returning starter Matt Parent and transfer Hussain Karim. And lastly the most dangerous part of their defense is their secondary led by pre-season All-American Corey Graham, last years leading tackler SS Jeff Pammer, and newby CB Clement. This will not be a bad defense I went to the fall game a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed by the speed and athletism of this group.

I agree with you, 40 - I remember saying to UNH_Alum (I think) at the end of last season that this year's Defense wasn't going to feel the effects of graduation the way most people were predicting. There were a lot of guys that got significant experience last year with injuries and all of the home blowouts. This is a more experienced D than people think. Second half of the NW game showed this to a large extent.

The defensive formula is going to be the same as last year, IMO. And we didn't lose to UNI because of the D. It was our O that couldn't get on track.

blukeys
September 14th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I agree with you, 40 - I remember saying to UNH_Alum (I think) at the end of last season that this year's Defense wasn't going to feel the effects of graduation the way most people were predicting. There were a lot of guys that got significant experience last year with injuries and all of the home blowouts. This is a more experienced D than people think. Second half of the NW game showed this to a large extent.

The defensive formula is going to be the same as last year, IMO. And we didn't lose to UNI because of the D. It was our O that couldn't get on track.

Your O was fine they just turned the ball over too many times.

Granite
September 15th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Your O was fine they just turned the ball over too many times.

That's what I meant - the offense put up yards, but had way too many turnovers and couldn't convert on all of those 4th downs that we went for. Not fond memories, by any stretch.

Bottom line was that for all the talk about how soft our D was last year, they gave the offense the room to work against UNI, and we just weren't able to take advantage of that.