PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota State at Georgia Southern this year?

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I've heard from folks connected with the GSU Athletics Department as well as from some posts on the GSU board that our AD Tom Kleinlein is trying to get NDSU to come to Statesboro for this season. Any other GSU or NDSU folks know anything about this?

That would be absolutely awesome but I think NDSU knows they are most likely going to kill it with attendance this year and we would probably have to pay a hefty price to get them to come all of the way down to Statesboro without a home-and-home agreement.

IBleedYellow
May 10th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Do you have a link for anything?

wapiti
May 10th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I have no info or data on this possible matchup, but thought this link may be helpfull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

MplsBison
May 10th, 2013, 09:01 AM
As I posted in the 2013 schedules thread, NDSU's AD is trying to get two more games for 2013: a DII team in Fargo (6th home game) and a FCS game away with a return to Fargo in 2014, 2015 or 2016.

Now I am already on record in that thread about my feelings with FCS home/home series being a waste of time, particularly if NDSU makes the first trip.

And if the team is indeed GSU, this just makes it worse. For two reasons:

1) Bohl must be steaming at the prospect of this schedule:

Sat, Sep 28 South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) * at Brookings, S.D.
Sat, Oct 05 Northern Iowa * Fargo, N.D.
Sat, Oct 12 Missouri State (Homecoming) * Fargo, N.D.
Sat, Oct 19 Southern Illinois * at Carbondale, Ill.
Sat, Oct 26 Indiana State * at Terre Haute, Ind.
Sat, Nov 02 Georgia Southern at Statesboro, GA
Sat, Nov 09 Illinois State (Harvest Bowl) * Fargo, N.D.
Sat, Nov 16 Youngstown State * at Youngstown, Ohio
Sat, Nov 23 South Dakota *

Three tough road trips in a row followed by a brutal home game against ILL St? No thank you.

2) GSU already stiffed us on a return trip to Fargo in the last home/home!! Now of course, Karma came back and bit them square in the a___ two years in a row with the defacto national championship being played in Fargo.

But can we trust them now?

darell1976
May 10th, 2013, 09:04 AM
As I posted in the 2013 schedules thread, NDSU's AD is trying to get two more games for 2013: a DII team in Fargo (6th home game) and a FCS game away with a return to Fargo in 2014, 2015 or 2016.

Now I am already on record in that thread about my feelings with FCS home/home series being a waste of time, particularly if NDSU makes the first trip.

And if the team is indeed GSU, this just makes it worse. For two reasons:

1) Bohl must be steaming at the prospect of this schedule:

Sat, Sep 28 South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) * at Brookings, S.D.
Sat, Oct 05 Northern Iowa * Fargo, N.D.
Sat, Oct 12 Missouri State (Homecoming) * Fargo, N.D.
Sat, Oct 19 Southern Illinois * at Carbondale, Ill.
Sat, Oct 26 Indiana State * at Terre Haute, Ind.
Sat, Nov 02 Georgia Southern at Statesboro, GA
Sat, Nov 09 Illinois State (Harvest Bowl) * Fargo, N.D.
Sat, Nov 16 Youngstown State * at Youngstown, Ohio
Sat, Nov 23 South Dakota *

Three tough road trips in a row followed by a brutal home game against ILL St? No thank you.

2) GSU already stiffed us on a return trip to Fargo in the last home/home!! Now of course, Karma came back and bit them square in the a___ two years in a row with the defacto national championship being played in Fargo.

But can we trust them now?

GSU hosts Furman on that date.
http://gseagles.com/sports/mens/football/schedule

Sat, Aug 31 SAVANNAH STATE
Night of Champions PAULSON STADIUM 6 P.M.
Sat, Sep 07 ST. FRANCIS (PA)
Junior Eagle Club Day / High School Band Day
PAULSON STADIUM 6 P.M.
Sat, Sep 14 at Wofford * Spartanburg, S.C. TBA
Sat, Sep 28 CHATTANOOGA*
Family Weekend PAULSON STADIUM 6 P.M.
Sat, Oct 05
at Samford *
Birmingham, Ala. 2 P.M.
Sat, Oct 12 THE CITADEL*
Military Appreciation Day / Camp Out
Cheerleader for a Day PAULSON STADIUM 1 P.M.
Sat, Oct 26 at Appalachian State*
Boone, N.C. 3:30 P.M.
Sat, Nov 02 FURMAN *
Blue Out PAULSON STADIUM 2 P.M.
Sat, Nov 9 WESTERN CAROLINA*
Homecoming / All-Sports Reunion PAULSON STADIUM 2 P.M.
Sat, Nov 16 at Elon * Elon, N.C.. TBA
Sat, Nov 23 at Florida Gainesville, Fla. TBA

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 10th, 2013, 09:08 AM
GSU hosts Furman on that date.

Actually, as of now we don't have any common open dates, which is another reason I doubt it will ever happen.

darell1976
May 10th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Actually, as of now we don't have any common open dates, which is another reason I doubt it will ever happen.

Unless GSU buys out St. Francis then they can meet Sept. 7th

NoDak 4 Ever
May 10th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Early season this wouldn't be too bad. At least not MBP can't intentionally hurt people anymore.

MplsBison
May 10th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Ok, so this thread was a waste of time then. The FCS game for NDSU would be in Nov.

Sept will be the DII game in Fargo.

kdinva
May 10th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Unless GSU buys out St. Francis then they can meet Sept. 7th

that makes sense, if this game were to actually have a chance to happen...........give SFU $70K.

SpiritCymbal
May 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM
GSU's AD commented about this at a "Coach's Caravan" meeting and said that he had approached NDSU about a 12th game this year in Statesboro but NDSU declined. No reason NDSU should've agreed to this unless we were able to offer some kind of payday (which we can't).

It would have been nice...but I guess Eagle fans are just gonna have to live with the fact that we never were able to get "payback" on the field against y'all.

IBleedYellow
May 10th, 2013, 11:20 AM
GSU's AD commented about this at a "Coach's Caravan" meeting and said that he had approached NDSU about a 12th game this year in Statesboro but NDSU declined. No reason NDSU should've agreed to this unless we were able to offer some kind of payday (which we can't).

It would have been nice...but I guess Eagle fans are just gonna have to live with the fact that we never were able to get "payback" on the field against y'all.

I'm happy with being 3-0 against the team with the most National Titles in the FCS. :)

marenlee
May 10th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I may be selfish. But I would live for ndsu to come down here. I missed out in 06 when I had the chance.

seantaylor
May 11th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Not happening. NDSU doesn't want to come to Georgia and get embarrassed for no gain.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 11th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Not happening. NDSU doesn't want to come to Georgia and get embarrassed for no gain.

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/19500000/ngbbs4a4f520c56f73.jpeg

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 11th, 2013, 06:46 AM

Ya, that must be it....xblahx

parr90
May 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Then again this may not be the season we want to play a top OOC FCS team like the bison because we will most likely be redshirting a bunch of players this year.

MplsBison
May 11th, 2013, 10:45 AM

Been there in 2006, took the win and went home.

And that was when we were transitioning.

SpiritCymbal
May 11th, 2013, 04:24 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

SpiritCymbal
May 11th, 2013, 04:25 PM
GSU AD said last night at another coaches caravan meeting that he also offered to come back to Fargo but NDSU declined that too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 11th, 2013, 04:29 PM
GSU AD said last night at another coaches caravan meeting that he also offered to come back to Fargo but NDSU declined that too.

Really?

I doubt it was on the 7th or 14th of Sept. because our AD would have accepted with how hard it has been to get a team to come to Fargo.

No_Skill
May 11th, 2013, 04:30 PM

Gee, I wonder why we declined that offer.

No_Skill
May 11th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Really?

I doubt it was on the 7th or 14th of Sept. because our AD would have accepted with how hard it has been to get a team to come to Fargo.

I'm guessing the proposed trip to Fargo was not for this year.

We would go to Statesboro this year and they would "come to Fargo" at a later date.

Eagle22
May 11th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I'm guessing the proposed trip to Fargo was not for this year.

We would go to Statesboro this year and they would "come to Fargo" at a later date.

Unlike our previous AD, this guy we have now would make good on it. And, in the very unlikely case he wouldn't, I'm sure if anyone associated with NDSU agreed on such a contract it would probably be laden with such an extraordinary-ginormous buyout that we'd either make the trip or you would have enough to build a 30K seat Fargo-dome :)

Frankly, my hearing is still recovering from December so I'm sort of glad not to have to consider a return trip anytime soon, lol.

IBleedYellow
May 11th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I'd love to play GSU on a regular basis even with you guys being FBS, I must be crazy...

Thundar
May 11th, 2013, 06:51 PM
seems pretty far fetched they extended a home and home to us and Gene our AD turned it down

SpiritCymbal
May 11th, 2013, 08:14 PM
seems pretty far fetched they extended a home and home to us and Gene our AD turned it down

I'm sure it was more complicated than NDSU simply saying "no". Who knows what all was involved.

Thundar
May 11th, 2013, 09:19 PM
I'm sure it was more complicated than NDSU simply saying "no". Who knows what all was involved.

I know but any talks sure would have had longer negotiations if true

tourguide
May 11th, 2013, 10:01 PM
I know but any talks sure would have had longer negotiations if true
this is not a conversation that happened within the last month. When they were talking there were many more options for NDSU to try to find a home game. At that time NDSU was not even considering going on the road in 2013