PDA

View Full Version : Name the UAlbany vs. Stony Brook Football Game

danefan
May 8th, 2013, 02:40 PM
http://www.goseawolves.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050813aaa.html

Stony Brook, N.Y. - As preparations begin for the 2013 football season, Stony Brook and Albany, the CAA's newest football members, together will offer fans the opportunity to name the teams' annual rivalry game. Fans' suggestions can be submitted by using the hashtag EmpireClash on Twitter and/or by sending a message to Stony Brook Athletics' fan page or Wolfie Seawolf on Facebook.

Stony Brook and Albany will collaborate on a trophy around the winning entry. The winner(s) will be on the field for the trophy presentation at the end of the game.
The game, which is scheduled to take place at Stony Brook on November 23, will be the final regular-season contest for both teams going forward.

dgreco
May 8th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Have to go with the Empire Trophy/Game/Match/Battle, right?

henfan
May 8th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Spitzer Bowl. That's much more catchy than UD-VU 'Battle of the Blue'.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 8th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Entered.

MplsBison
May 8th, 2013, 03:04 PM
The Place Beyond the Pines vs. fogettaboutit

Danielr11220
May 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM
THE SUNY SHOWDOWN

DFW HOYA
May 8th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Humorous names aside ("The Battle For the Old Oaken EZ-Pass"), it could be named after the governor who poured state money into both schools to become SUNY flagships:

The Rockefeller Cup.

The Eagle's Cliff
May 8th, 2013, 03:46 PM
The Quest Break 7,000 in Attendance Bowl

Lehigh Football Nation
May 8th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Humorous names aside ("The Battle For the Old Oaken EZ-Pass"), it could be named after the governor who poured state money into both schools to become SUNY flagships:

The Rockefeller Cup.

"The Rockefeller Rumble" was my entry.

MarkyMark
May 8th, 2013, 03:49 PM
http://www.goseawolves.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050813aaa.html

How about the "Wet Dog" trophy?

Laker
May 8th, 2013, 04:02 PM
The Al-Brook Trophy

Lehigh'98
May 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM
The traffic bowl. Thruway vs LIE..

gumby013
May 8th, 2013, 06:13 PM
The "paying to use roads that our taxes already paid for" trophy.

Seawolf97
May 8th, 2013, 08:52 PM
The "paying to use roads that our taxes already paid for" trophy.

This I like ! LOL The whole idea is pretty cool. Seawolves and Danes argue tooth and nail but a rivalry it is! And a healthy one I may add.

danefan
May 8th, 2013, 09:13 PM
This I like ! LOL The whole idea is pretty cool. Seawolves and Danes argue tooth and nail but a rivalry it is! And a healthy one I may add.

I really hope the students embrace it.

quattrodude
May 9th, 2013, 03:37 PM
The "New York State of Mind" trophy.

"I'm taking a greyhound...on the hudson river line....I'm in a New York State of Mind"

Bogus Megapardus
May 9th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I'm still trying to come up with a way to combine "Erastus Corning" with "Lawn Guyland." Nothing seems to work so far. The "Erastus McPlastus Bowl" is a Fail. I'll have to think about this one some more. And nothing seems to rhyme with "Smalbany," either . . . xchinscratchx

Bogus Megapardus
May 9th, 2013, 04:17 PM
A match between Albany and Penn would be easy. That'd be the "Shaker-Quaker Bowl." Albany once was a world-leading manufacturer of iron fasteners, so a Colgate-Albany series would be the "Tooth and Nail Bowl." Albany at Georgetown's romper room-like facility? The "Greyhound-Playground Bowl."

But still, there's not a lot you can do with "Erastus."

Lehigh Football Nation
May 9th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Nothing rhymes with Rockefeller either, which was why I went alliteration.

MplsBison
May 9th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Metastasis?

Bogus Megapardus
May 9th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Metastasis?

Given Long Island's reputation for breast cancer rates, you might be on to something, MplsBison. In a rare showing of graciousness, I'm sending you a rep point for that, morbid as it might seem.

ecasadoSBU
May 12th, 2013, 12:40 AM
lets go seawolves