PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Should the MVFC start scheduling 9 conference games?

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2013, 01:11 PM
In light of the B1G scheduling announcement and the difficulty in scheduling OOC games, should the MVFC start scheduling 9 conference games?

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2013, 01:14 PM
I say yes.

MplsBison
May 2nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Yes.

IBleedYellow
May 2nd, 2013, 01:23 PM
Why should the conference that we all call the "Meat Grinder" tear through it's own teams even more before the playoffs?

NoDak 4 Ever
May 2nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Yes, but only if 2 of them could be USD.

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
One more conference game isn't going to hurt anyone. It adds to our SOS, it alleviates some of the OOC scheduling issues and it would save some schools the money for guarantees to get an OOC home game on years with 5 home conference games.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 2nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
No. You know why? Every other year a school will have 4 home conference games, 5 away. It's very unfair to half the teams of the conference.

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2013, 01:46 PM
No. You know why? Every other year a school will have 4 home conference games, 5 away. It's very unfair to half the teams of the conference.

No more unfair then conferences that are split into divisions and play separate teams.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 2nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
No more unfair then conferences that are split into divisions and play separate teams.

Ask bluehenbillk how I feel about that xlolx

IBleedYellow
May 2nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Meh, still think no.

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2013, 02:01 PM

You could also say it's unfair that one team doesn't have to play another right?

IBleedYellow
May 2nd, 2013, 02:03 PM
You could also say it's unfair that one team doesn't have to play another right?

Yes you can. I am a fan of OOC games, even at the FCS level. Damnit, I want to know how we compare against everyone else BEFORE the playoffs.

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2013, 02:11 PM
Yes you can. I am a fan of OOC games, even at the FCS level. Damnit, I want to know how we compare against everyone else BEFORE the playoffs.

Yeah like OOC cupcakes we have played in the past???

kdinva
May 2nd, 2013, 02:14 PM

xthumbsupx +1.

IBleedYellow
May 2nd, 2013, 02:19 PM

Hey man, we had some pretty sweet OOC scheduled this year and next, not my fault Montana State leadership is a bunch of pussies....

At least next year we have Montana to have some fun with!

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2013, 02:20 PM
Hey man, we had some pretty sweet OOC scheduled this year and next, not my fault Montana State leadership is a bunch of pussies....

At least next year we have Montana to have some fun with!

Hopefully! xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
May 2nd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Hopefully! xthumbsupx

If you think the Griz will want to be like their Bobcat friends, I agree with you.

We will see, if that occurs, it shall be a fun fun time giving them just as much **** as their Bobcat brethren.

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2013, 02:29 PM
If you think the Griz will want to be like their Bobcat friends, I agree with you.

We will see, if that occurs, it shall be a fun fun time giving them just as much **** as their Bobcat brethren.

I don't really think the Griz will back out since it's the first in a home and home. Plus they won't want to look like their little sisters! :D

darell1976
May 2nd, 2013, 02:35 PM
Eventually UND will be on your OOC schedule. With prices and buyouts you know it will happen. What year it happens will be the question. I hope we can continue to play all the Dakota teams.

MplsBison
May 2nd, 2013, 02:38 PM
4/5 conference home games is a non-argument. That's why each team will still have two non-conference games to schedule as they choose.

Everyone plays everyone in the conference. That's the fairest point.

And as Bisonator already said: alleviates scheduling problems and increases MVFC strength of schedule. Love the idea!

NoDak 4 Ever
May 2nd, 2013, 02:42 PM
Eventually UND will be on your OOC schedule. With prices and buyouts you know it will happen. What year it happens will be the question. I hope we can continue to play all the Dakota teams.

I actually don't hate this. 9 conference games. UND as the last game of the season (good enough for Michigan and Ohio State) gives you 1 extra OOC to schedule every year. Consistency would be much better. Kind of a win all around.

MarkyMark
May 2nd, 2013, 02:42 PM
In light of the B1G scheduling announcement and the difficulty in scheduling OOC games, should the MVFC start scheduling 9 conference games?

No for now. I think our schedule will be fine for the next couple years.

1. I think we can still get good FBS matchups against Big12 schools. Other MVFC schools can play games with the MAC.
2. I am not positive that the Big10 scheduling change will stick.
3. NDSU has higher payouts and buyouts for future FCS opponents coming to FargoDome to prevent fiascos like Mt. State from occurring again. We get bought out every time the buyout for the other team is too little.

If we can't get anymore FBS matchups in the future then I am in favor of increasing to 9 or even 10 conference games.

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2013, 02:43 PM

I'm sure it will happen in due time. I actually wouldn't mind scheduling UND on a bi or tri-yearly basis, I don't believe a game every year is going to be possible, at least not OOC.

SUPharmacist
May 2nd, 2013, 02:43 PM

Those games are painful, but I think a cupcake will be scheduled either way, having an extra game to play with gives a better chance of meeting someone exciting.

darell1976
May 2nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
I'm sure it will happen in due time. I actually wouldn't mind scheduling UND on a bi or tri-yearly basis, I don't believe a game every year is going to be possible, at least not OOC.

I think it won't be every year, I think fans want to see USD and SDSU come to town plus other "local teams" like a UNI, or a Dale Lennon homecoming.

walliver
May 2nd, 2013, 02:56 PM
I don't have a dog in the fight but my vote would be "no". With only 2 OOC games each year, and a big chunk of those being FBS games, many of which will be balanced by lower level FCS games, there is little opportunity for meaningful FCS games.

How do you rate strength of scheduling when you don't date outside the family?

Also, I don't know how important SOS will be with the playoffs expanded to 24 teams. I suspect just about every 7 D-I win team from major conferences will be invited.

IBleedYellow
May 2nd, 2013, 04:43 PM

I can't wait to wear my "UND Swallows" Shirt and yell Sioux Suck ****! SO SO SO loud the next time they are in the FargoDome.

The rivalry has turned into hatred from my side, I've been chastised too many times while up in El Forko now that I'm sick of the BS that little sisters keep doing. Time to pound them to the ground.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 2nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
I can't wait to wear my "UND Swallows" Shirt and yell Sioux Suck ****! SO SO SO loud the next time they are in the FargoDome.

The rivalry has turned into hatred from my side, I've been chastised too many times while up in El Forko now that I'm sick of the BS that little sisters keep doing. Time to pound them to the ground.

It's been like that for as long as I can remember. Long before they stopped playing.

IBleedYellow
May 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
It's been like that for as long as I can remember. Long before they stopped playing.

I was happy we were done playing them when it ended. Now I just want to watch our team rip off 80+ points and hold them to 0.

darell1976
May 2nd, 2013, 06:29 PM

That's the spirit. Just to point out one thing...it's hatred on our side to.

WestCoastAggie
May 2nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
4/5 conference home games is a non-argument. That's why each team will still have two non-conference games to schedule as they choose.

Everyone plays everyone in the conference. That's the fairest point.

And as Bisonator already said: alleviates scheduling problems and increases MVFC strength of schedule. Love the idea!

Why doesn't a 9-game increases the SWAC strength of schedule?

WestCoastAggie
May 2nd, 2013, 06:45 PM
I don't have a dog in the fight but my vote would be "no". With only 2 OOC games each year, and a big chunk of those being FBS games, many of which will be balanced by lower level FCS games, there is little opportunity for meaningful FCS games.

How do you rate strength of scheduling when you don't date outside the family?

Also, I don't know how important SOS will be with the playoffs expanded to 24 teams. I suspect just about every 7 D-I win team from major conferences will be invited.

Which conferences are the major conferences in FCS?

Bisonoline
May 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
YES. I have never liked it when teams dont play all the teams in their conference. Its just another excuse for the malcontents to argue that team A didnt play team B etc. Plus how can you claim to be champion when you didnt play everyone in your conference?

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 2nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
No, unless there comes a point when FBS games are no longer played.

I like seeing new teams in the OOC games.

marenlee
May 2nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
No. Yes, scheduling is easier. But I want to see the Bison play new teams every year. Conference games are fun, but variety is even more fun.

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2013, 10:00 PM
Everyone wants to see new teams. What are you willing to do to get those teams to play? When does it become too prohibitive? Are you willing to settle for D2 opponents?

I'd rather schedule all our conference mates, 1 or 2 other FCS teams and or 1FBS game a year rather then having to pay upwards of $250k to watch a poor FCS or D2 game.

IBleedYellow
May 2nd, 2013, 10:15 PM
The best part about this is we can go round and round but what matters is how Gene Taylor schedules our seasons. Yes, we can go to Teammakers and voice our opinions.

Nexus 4

Herder
May 2nd, 2013, 10:30 PM
As long as FBS games are available, I say NO.

nwFL Griz
May 3rd, 2013, 07:47 AM
So, because you guys are having trouble filling a schedule, now you think the rest of your conference should change to accommodate you?

Maybe you should look at how your AD/HC fills out a schedule and adjust that, instead of trying to change how the rest of the conference fills theirs.

Bisonator
May 3rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
So, because you guys are having trouble filling a schedule, now you think the rest of your conference should change to accommodate you?

Maybe you should look at how your AD/HC fills out a schedule and adjust that, instead of trying to change how the rest of the conference fills theirs.

All schools have been complaining about filling schedules. It's getting harder every year and I don't see it getting any easier in the future. Every team wants home games, most schools are struggling financially, it doesn't help anyone when you have schools deciding at the last minute to rework the schedule.

I just think it would make a lot of sense to work with our conference mates to try to ease some of the burdens for all of the schools.

darell1976
May 3rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
All schools have been complaining about filling schedules. It's getting harder every year and I don't see it getting any easier in the future. Every team wants home games, most schools are struggling financially, it doesn't help anyone when you have schools deciding at the last minute to rework the schedule.

I just think it would make a lot of sense to work with our conference mates to try to ease some of the burdens for all of the schools.

There should be a cutoff point early enough to find replacement teams. These last minute buyouts are BS!!

MplsBison
May 3rd, 2013, 09:44 AM

I'd be fine with 10 MVFC games an a Big XII or MWC game every year.

Our team would be beaten to a pulp every year by the end of the season...but at least they'd be battle tested.

BisonBacker
May 3rd, 2013, 10:12 AM
That's the spirit. Just to point out one thing...it's hatred on our side to.

You left out Jealousy.

BisonBacker
May 3rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
There should be a cutoff point early enough to find replacement teams. These last minute buyouts are BS!!

Agreed!!

Bisonator
May 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Not many fans of other MVFC schools chiming in on this topic. What say you fans of SDSU, USD, UNI, ISUr, ISUb, MSU, WIU, SIU & YSU?

clenz
May 3rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
My take on this...not really UNI's per say...but from a UNI fan....it may be the same as most other schools that are in the MVC as well (SIU, ISUx2, MSU)

I love the idea of a true round robin. It allows for a true champion...you can say what you want about tie breaks, but tie breaks don't mean **** if you haven't played every one. This is going to be the opinion of 99% of fans from MVC (not including MVFC) schools. We have had 10 schools in the MVC for ever...in sports that all schools sponsor (M/W BB, volleyball, softball, etc...) it allows for a true double round robin. We all play each other twice. At that point we know where we stand, and a tie breaker makes sense because the formulas you'd use would be "true" because everything is identical. That is also the case in football, though only a single round robin. Since conference title games aren't allowed at the FCS level (if you want in the playoffs) not playing everyone sucks...especially in the MVFC where you have schools like NDSU, UNI, SIU that are top of the conference all of the time and schools like USD, ISUb (I'm still not buying into them, they will fall back sooner than later), MSU. One of the top schools could get out of USD 2 years in a row and have them replaced with UNI/SDSU/NDSU while the other school gets USD twice and out of UNI/SDSU/NDSU. Because of how much a season can turn on one or two bounces of the ball (see UNI/NDSU last year where a fumble on a punt in the second quarter likely cost UNI the game...yes I'm calling it from that early in the game) can send a team from getting through a tough stretch of the schedule to putting them so far behind the 8 ball they can't recover.

Having said that

I'm not sure where I stand on 9 conference games in an 11 game schedule. In a 12 game schedule? You bet. 11 game? I'm not sure. UNI will have an FBS game every single season (as will every other MVFC school). Part of it is money, the other part is it's an easy way to fill a schedule spot. NDSU is finding out right now how hard it can be to fill a schedule, especially when you are sitting atop the mountain. You aren't going to get FCS schools willing to come to you for 1 game deals unless you pay them way over market value. With only 2 OOC games every year and the FBS game on the road do you really want to lock into a home and home or a 2/1 (2 at the other school) in order to fill your schedule? That takes away precious home games, especially if you are on the 4 home game side of the conference slate. That easily leads to 4 home games (with no OOC home games) and 7 road games (5 conference, 1 FBS, 1 FCS), or scheduling a non-counter for a home game, but then only having 10 counters. For a school who will have no problem in that year getting to 7 wins, NBD....look at UNI last year. 1 D2 game due to a back out issue, and 2/3 games with bounces go against them (Wisc, NDSU, YSU) and UNI has zero shot, even though they were (IMO) still one of the 20 best teams in the nation. UNI was a converted 4th down away from likely beating Wisc, a fumbled punt away from possibly beating NDSU, and a bad call at the end of the YSU game away from a W there....That puts UNI at 8-3 last season with an FBS win over the B1G champ, #1 team in FCS, and a YSU team that was hot early). Those breaks go against us and we're f-ed.

Although the D2 game would have been a non-issue with playing InSU instead of Central State Ohio.

If UNI could lock Drake into a permanent home/home...since Des Moines is a de facto UNI home game, along with an FBS and 9 conference games sure...but that isn't going to happen.

Our best hope is YSU heads off to the CAA....or never having added USD to start with.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 3rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Interesting take except that Varmah's fumble was not the sole reason you lost the NDSU game last year. NDSU was just better. One play did not make that game.

UNI scored with 24 seconds left to make it 33-21.

clenz
May 3rd, 2013, 07:02 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Interesting take except that Varmah's fumble was not the sole reason you lost the NDSU game last year. NDSU was just better. One play did not make that game.

UNI scored with 24 seconds left to make it 33-21.
At the time of the fumble UNI had just scored to take a 7-3 lead left in the half. UNI had forced NDSU to punt 3 straight posessions and was really starting to steal momentum...the fumble was with 4:30 left in half. Worst case scenario (realistically speaking) had UNI not fumbled that punt was UNI runs time off of the clock and punts away, NDSU gets the ball with a long field to drive to try to score before half.

In stead that fumble gave ND the ball at their own 9 yard line. They scored less than a minute later to take a 10-7 lead...the dome/team (I don't know if you were there) went from jacked up forcing another punt to completely deflated like I hadn't seen in years of going to games in the matter of 53 seconds. The offense comes out, goes 3-0, NDSU scored another FG to end the half and go into half with every ounce of momentum in the world, UNI went into the locker room wanted to be done with life, and it showed in that second half.

I've never seen a 6 point half time lead fell/seem like that. It felt like 40.

Best case scenario UNI drives the field and goes up 14-3 or 10-3 with about a minute left on the clock in the first half. You don't think that would have completely shifted the game?

That one play might not have "cost" UNI the game....that one play cost UNI any chance we had in that game.

mmiller_34
May 3rd, 2013, 10:55 PM
Not many fans of other MVFC schools chiming in on this topic. What say you fans of SDSU, USD, UNI, ISUr, ISUb, MSU, WIU, SIU & YSU?

I have mixed feelings. If SDSU played ILL St. last year and lost would they have been in the playoffs?

On the flip side, if they played ILL St. and won, would they have had to play NDSU in the 2nd round?

Regardless of what the schedule is like I think that the MVFC will probably have 4 teams in the playoffs this year.

RabidRabbit
May 4th, 2013, 07:55 AM
I'd be fine playing a complete roundrobin within the MVFC if have 12 games seasons so have 1 FBS $$ game, and a home/away OOC game each season. I'd actually prefer to go to a 12 team MVFC, picking up old NCC rivals UND & UNC, into a 10/11 team Summit league/MVFC.

IBleedYellow
May 4th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I'd be fine playing a complete roundrobin within the MVFC if have 12 games seasons so have 1 FBS $$ game, and a home/away OOC game each season. I'd actually prefer to go to a 12 team MVFC, picking up old NCC rivals UND & UNC, into a 10/11 team Summit league/MVFC.

Sorry, but I agree with Clenz, I wish we would LOSE one school to get to the perfect number. I'm also not a fan of adding to schools that would lower the conference overall.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 4th, 2013, 09:04 AM
At the time of the fumble UNI had just scored to take a 7-3 lead left in the half. UNI had forced NDSU to punt 3 straight posessions and was really starting to steal momentum...the fumble was with 4:30 left in half. Worst case scenario (realistically speaking) had UNI not fumbled that punt was UNI runs time off of the clock and punts away, NDSU gets the ball with a long field to drive to try to score before half.

In stead that fumble gave ND the ball at their own 9 yard line. They scored less than a minute later to take a 10-7 lead...the dome/team (I don't know if you were there) went from jacked up forcing another punt to completely deflated like I hadn't seen in years of going to games in the matter of 53 seconds. The offense comes out, goes 3-0, NDSU scored another FG to end the half and go into half with every ounce of momentum in the world, UNI went into the locker room wanted to be done with life, and it showed in that second half.

Best case scenario UNI drives the field and goes up 14-3 or 10-3 with about a minute left on the clock in the first half. You don't think that would have completely shifted the game?

That one play might not have "cost" UNI the game....that one play cost UNI any chance we had in that game.

We've already argued about this last year but there was a considerable amount of good fortune on UNI's part to get to 21 pts.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 4th, 2013, 12:51 PM
We've already argued about this last year but there was a considerable amount of good fortune on UNI's part to get to 21 pts.

1st half was close. The Varmah fumble was a bad turnover for UNI but that did not decide the game. NDSU came out in the 2nd half and marched down the field and scored. NDSU gave up only 285 total yards...not too bad in their house.

I'm looking forward to the game this year in Fargo. UNI will get less yards than last year on this defense.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 4th, 2013, 03:40 PM
1st half was close. The Varmah fumble was a bad turnover for UNI but that did not decide the game. NDSU came out in the 2nd half and marched down the field and scored. NDSU gave up only 285 total yards...not too bad in their house.

I'm looking forward to the game this year in Fargo. UNI will get less yards than last year on this defense.

I will go to my grave believing that PI call on 3rd down that set up the TD in the first half was a complete work of fiction. It happened right in front of me.

MarkyMark
May 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM

Hate to see a player (Varmah) blamed for a loss in which a team was pretty soundly beaten but I remember Farley doing the same thing last year in his post game press conference.

That was a big play but the Bison defense and special teams come up with big turnovers every week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 4th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I will go to my grave believing that PI call on 3rd down that set up the TD in the first half was a complete work of fiction. It happened right in front of me.

Oh ya, I forgot all about that call.

Just went back to watch that again and again. It was a good hit.

clenz
May 4th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Oh ya, I forgot all about that call.

Just went back to watch that again and again. It was a good hit.

You talking about the hit to the helmet that took our leading wr out for 2 weeks

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

IBleedYellow
May 4th, 2013, 10:37 PM
You talking about the hit to the helmet that took our leading wr out for 2 weeks

Yeah, that hit. The clean one.

Laid the smack down on him. Game speed, looks dirty, slow it down and he's nailed in the shoulder.

But Clenz, we can debate this all day long. What we can't debate and what matters: MVFC Champs the last two years ;)

clenz
May 4th, 2013, 10:44 PM
That wasn't a clean got by the rules...

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 4th, 2013, 10:54 PM

Ya, good hit. Or like your player riding our RB into the wall in 09.

It wouldn't matter what the score was for that game, UNI fans would still say NDSU was lucky and that UNI should have won.

Well, you know what clenz.....the better team won that game. In fact all we heard on message boards from UNI fans, including from you, was that the Bison haven't "earned" or "deserved" squat when they came into the MV. They are a 2nd-rate team that will only be a bottom-feeder in the MV. Oh sh**, I could go on forever will all the bull**it from UNI fans.

I'll just smile and say how many NCs does UNI have now?

IBleedYellow
May 4th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Ya, good hit. Or like your player riding our RB into the wall in 09.

It wouldn't matter what the score was for that game, UNI fans would still say NDSU was lucky and that UNI should have won.

Well, you know what clenz.....the better team won that game. In fact all we heard on message boards from UNI fans, including from you, was that the Bison haven't "earned" or "deserved" squat when they came into the MV. They are a 2nd-rate team that will only be a bottom-feeder in the MV. Oh sh**, I could go on forever will all the bull**it from UNI fans.

I'll just smile and say how many NCs does UNI have now?

Don't say that to the almighty and powerful UNI!! They are the rightful leaders atop the MVFC! They have 16 Conference Championships and we only have 1 outright.

/purple

The hate and discontent between UNI and NDSU is starting to boil just like NDSU and UND. I like it.

But BUT BUT, the best part? We have 2 Titles that matter. :D

Clenz, I hope you know I'm saying all of this in jest just trying to mess with you. ;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 4th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Don't say that to the almighty and powerful UNI!! They are the rightful leaders atop the MVFC! They have 16 Conference Championships and we only have 1 outright.

/purple

The hate and discontent between UNI and NDSU is starting to boil just like NDSU and UND. I like it.

But BUT BUT, the best part? We have 2 Titles that matter. :D

Clenz, I hope you know I'm saying all of this in jest just trying to mess with you. ;)

I cannot wait for the UNI game this year. NDSU will beat them worse than last year. 19 starters back and all the defense except Martin....

Twentysix
May 5th, 2013, 12:49 AM
No, a one time scheduling problem is no reason to hide within the conference. The Big Sky's in conference OOC is sickening.

mmiller_34
May 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM

Here we go,

"If Aaron Rollin wouldn't have slipped on the turf in the UNIDome, SDSU wouldn't have thrown that interception early in the game and UNI wouldn't have gained the momentum they had the whole game. Thus that one play didnt "cost" SDSU the game but it pretty much screwed any chance of SDSU winning."

Love ya Clenz, but I've had to wrestle with that loss to UNI for a while now because it most likely caused SDSU to get a ****ty spot in the playoffs. I've thought about my said scenario up above and when it comes down to it SDSU just played like **** that day and couldn't match the intensity of UNI on homecoming. The same should be said about the NDSU-UNI game. Momentum is part of the game and its a battle for whoever wants to earn it.

Houndawg
May 6th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Sorry, but I agree with Clenz, I wish we would LOSE one school to get to the perfect number. I'm also not a fan of adding to schools that would lower the conference overall.

This. A conference by definition is a group of schools that play each other. USD needs to go away, they don't help the MVC SOS and the Dakotas are too far away for the extra travel.

Houndawg
May 6th, 2013, 08:05 AM

Ask clenz why they can't win in Carbondale even when SIU is down.....btw, when was the last time they won on C'dale?

NoDak 4 Ever
May 6th, 2013, 08:31 AM
This. A conference by definition is a group of schools that play each other. USD needs to go away, they don't help the MVC SOS and the Dakotas are too far away for the extra travel.

Actually, Youngstown is the outlier, not the Dakota schools.

gotts
May 6th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Actually, Youngstown is the outlier, not the Dakota schools.

http://goo.gl/maps/f6Wc0

MplsBison
May 6th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Nice map, thanks!

If Youngstown, Missouri St and Southern IL all left, then Eastern Illinois was added with Summit membership and Drake and Omaha started full scholarship programs that were added to the MVC - that would be a better conference footprint.

Obviously not going to happen. Youngstown would leave for the MAC, but I don't think Missouri St or Southern IL would leave the MVC for even CUSA membership at this point. Maybe...

IBleedYellow
May 6th, 2013, 02:28 PM

Yeah, that's not what I was meaning either. USD will get there, give them time. I don't know which school I would say "Get rid of" because frankly, thats's not my call. Youngstown is further away than USD is for most of the conference, anyway.

When you say Dakotas, you do realize that 2 of the 3 teams were the top teams in the conference last year and can be argued the nation. How does that not help SOS?

NoDak 4 Ever
May 6th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Yeah, that's not what I was meaning either. USD will get there, give them time. I don't know which school I would say "Get rid of" because frankly, thats's not my call. Youngstown is further away than USD is for most of the conference, anyway.

When you say Dakotas, you do realize that 2 of the 3 teams were the top teams in the conference last year and can be argued the nation. How does that not help SOS?

This, they already have one of the best coaches in the conference. You just wait, they will contend soon enough.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 6th, 2013, 05:57 PM

Glenn will only be at USD for a few years. They will be a doormat annually in the MV. No way they will win a conference title in the next decade. USD was a mediocre D2 team and will be a mediocre or below that 1AA team.

MarkyMark
May 6th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Glenn will only be at USD for a few years. They will be a doormat annually in the MV. No way they will win a conference title in the next decade. USD was a mediocre D2 team and will be a mediocre or below that 1AA team.

I like USD's chances if Glenn stays on. He is 63 so this is likely his last stop.