PDA

View Full Version : The Fire Jerry Moore show

SoCon48
September 4th, 2006, 10:47 PM
The fire Jerry Moore show is about to begin all over once more among the App "faithfull" (I use that term loosely).

A 2 TD loss to NC State in front of 57,000 with a new QB, an OL that couldn't block guys 90 pounds heavier, etc. and the crap hits the fan.
How quickly we Apps forgot the National Championship just months ago.

If some lame brain fires Moore at this juncture, I certainly hope he can find a better replacement than was done for basketball when the Buzz shipped out.

BULLDOG8180
September 4th, 2006, 10:54 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

September 4th, 2006, 10:56 PM
xlolx

SoCon48
September 4th, 2006, 11:03 PM
xlolx
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

blukeys
September 4th, 2006, 11:36 PM
The fire Jerry Moore show is about to begin all over once more among the App "faithfull" (I use that term loosely).

A 2 TD loss to NC State in front of 57,000 with a new QB, an OL that couldn't block guys 90 pounds heavier, etc. and the crap hits the fan.
How quickly we Apps forgot the National Championship just months ago.

If some lame brain fires Moore at this juncture, I certainly hope he can find a better replacement than was done for basketball when the Buzz shipped out.

Not unique. Everyone who has never coached a Pee Wee team considers themselves experts.xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx You can find similar sentiments on Montana, Delaware, GSU, Lehigh message boards every year (Lehigh adherents actually drove a very good coach to Elon) . No doubt these coaching geniuses are applying for coaching jobs near you.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

It is amazing how many coaching geniuses actually never try their hand at trying to coach the game. In short while they criticize someone like Coach Moore they never try to coach 11 year olds themselves. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SoCon48
September 5th, 2006, 04:21 AM
Not unique. Everyone who has never coached a Pee Wee team considers themselves experts.xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx You can find similar sentiments on Montana, Delaware, GSU, Lehigh message boards every year (Lehigh adherents actually drove a very good coach to Elon) . No doubt these coaching geniuses are applying for coaching jobs near you.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

It is amazing how many coaching geniuses actually never try their hand at trying to coach the game. In short while they criticize someone like Coach Moore they never try to coach 11 year olds themselves. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good post, IMOP, blukeys. I might add, when some of those self proclaimed Vince Lombardis do actually coach the peewees, they suddenly think that all the plays and strategies they use in the peewees applies to all levels of football when in actuality all that really do are:
1. Teaching the kids good sportsmanship, 2. Love of the game 3. Teamwork 4. The fundamentals of the sport The rest is mostly apples and oranges.
I have to remind myself all the time that the coaching I did on the secondary level was still miniscule in comparison to the pressures and responsibilities of the collegiate world.

Have a great week, bk, and good luck to the Hens this season. Hopefully our teams will meet in the play-offs hopefully on ASU turf.

AppGuy04
September 5th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Good post, IMOP, blukeys. I might add, when some of those self proclaimed Vince Lombardis do actually coach the peewees, they suddenly think that all the plays and strategies they use in the peewees applies to all levels of football when in actuality all that really do are:
1. Teaching the kids good sportsmanship, 2. Love of the game 3. Teamwork 4. The fundamentals of the sport The rest is mostly apples and oranges.
I have to remind myself all the time that the coaching I did on the secondary level was still miniscule in comparison to the pressures and responsibilities of the collegiate world.

Have a great week, bk, and good luck to the Hens this season. Hopefully our teams will meet in the play-offs hopefully on ASU turf.

Let me guess, they are actually discussing this on the App board

ButlerGSU
September 5th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I'm sure BVG would offer Jerry an assistant position here in Statesboro if he needs a job :)

AppState
September 5th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Let me guess, they are actually discussing this on the App board

I haven't seen any posts mentioning that. There were a couple suggesting Trey should have been taken out and checked after the vomiting incident, but none desiring the firing of J Moore.

ASU Kep
September 5th, 2006, 12:20 PM
I havn't seen one person either on here or on the MMB that is calling for Coach Moore's firing. You'd have to be looney, especially after last season.

...You can disagree with a few calls that a coach makes in a game (as I questioned a few at State) and still have the upmost respect and appreciation for what the guy has done for our program. Everybody loves to play "arm-chair coach" come Sunday morning, mostly because it just sucks to lose. Coach Moore has been incredible for ASU and certainly knows more about football then probably anybody on this board (even me :D). Does that mean I have to like the fact that we punted on 4th and one down 13 with 4 minutes left? No.

All things considered, it was probably the right call. Our offense wasn't doing much (to say the least) and it would've given NCSU excellent field position had they stuffed it. I'm just the kind of guy that doesn't care whether we lose by 13 or 31. It's all the same. To me, if theres still a chance at all, you should go for it. I also think we should've tried a few more "creative" plays during the game to see if we could've thrown their D off. I understand that we don't want JMU and the rest of the I-AA nation to see what we've got up our sleeve too early, but I thought at times that we were playing too conservative.

I love Coach Moore. May he coach here another 15 years, come hell or high water.

ASU Kep
September 5th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Oh, and if you REALLY want to see a fan base that it on the verge of combustion, check out the CU (Colorado) fan boards. I was bored last night while drinking a few beers and watching the game and checked it out.

They ACTUALLY have threads like:

"If your a student and a CU player is in your class...make them feel like crap"

and

"Does anybody have Hawk's phone number? He deserves death threats."

"Most embarassing loss ever...when's the last time a D-I team lost to a I-AA?"