PDA

View Full Version : No more #hashtag

IBleedYellow
May 1st, 2013, 06:06 PM
As per NCAA Rules Commitee.

Not sure that it really matters (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22172774/ncaa-rules-committee-bans-hash-tags-urls-from-football-fields)

bonarae
May 1st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Did FCS schools use such tactics used by FBS schools during last season? Now, they can't do this anymore...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22172774/ncaa-rules-committee-bans-hash-tags-urls-from-football-fields

IBleedYellow
May 1st, 2013, 06:20 PM
I beat you by a whole two minutes. Lol. Urus want to put these together? :D

ursus arctos horribilis
May 1st, 2013, 06:45 PM
I beat you by a whole two minutes. Lol. Urus want to put these together? :D

Doneski.

Thundar
May 1st, 2013, 07:07 PM
As per NCAA Rules Commitee.

Not sure that it really matters (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22172774/ncaa-rules-committee-bans-hash-tags-urls-from-football-fields)

it kind of does matter does the Fargodome have the Gate City logo on it? it says corporate logos are banned also

IBleedYellow
May 1st, 2013, 07:14 PM
it kind of does matter does the Fargodome have the Gate City logo on it? it says corporate logos are banned also

I didn't think about this, that is awesome!!! It will be OUR field now. Woot!

Or we're screwed and will have to pay for a brand new turf, again. For the third time.

darell1976
May 1st, 2013, 07:48 PM

Gate City has their name on the turf not their logo so it can stay. However UND has Altru on their turf as they donated money to the university but does NOT have naming rights to the dome so I think their name must be removed.

asumike83
May 1st, 2013, 08:17 PM
Good to see the NCAA tackling the truly pressing matters in college athletics.

CopperCat
May 2nd, 2013, 02:42 AM
#ncaaisaworthlessorganization

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2013, 07:06 AM
Good to see the NCAA tackling the truly pressing matters in college athletics.

No doubt! xthumbsupx

Too bad that tampon red turf is still allowed!

AmsterBison
May 2nd, 2013, 07:53 AM

I think the "Gate City Bank Field" is OK because it's text, not a logo. The worthless FargoDome text and logo should go though.

walliver
May 2nd, 2013, 03:16 PM
I wonder if there is some legitimate reason behind this rule that was left out of the article. Was somebody preparing to place ads on the field? And if so, why should the NCAA care?
At many stadia, you can't look at the scoreboard without viewing ads, I've been at games where they slip in an announced commercial between ever play, how would a Coca-Cola emblem at midfield be any worse.
Named bowl games have done this for years, but it doesn't seem to have hurt them.

PAllen
May 2nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
I wonder if there is some legitimate reason behind this rule that was left out of the article. Was somebody preparing to place ads on the field? And if so, why should the NCAA care?
At many stadia, you can't look at the scoreboard without viewing ads, I've been at games where they slip in an announced commercial between ever play, how would a Coca-Cola emblem at midfield be any worse.
Named bowl games have done this for years, but it doesn't seem to have hurt them.

I am curious about the post season game rule. Obviously a corporate logo will be in the middle of the field for bowl games (allowed), and flanking on the 30 yd lines (allowed), but I guess there'll be no more All-State Sugar Bowl or Tostitos Fiesta Bowl emblem in the endzones. As far as the reason, I think the article spelled out examples with Mississippi State and Michigan (too lazy to go back and reread the article).

appsfan
May 2nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
#notabigdeal

BluBengal07
May 2nd, 2013, 08:54 PM
#kickhashtags

coover
May 3rd, 2013, 02:31 AM
Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, ah ah yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Southern Bison
May 3rd, 2013, 10:19 AM
What about this scenario? More advertising is being done with in-laid graphics on the TV...i.e. Pizza Hut logo appears on the field when the teams break the huddle for 1st down, Carnival Cruises on 2nd, Wells Fargo on 3rd down. That is all advertising revenue for the broadcaster and perhaps they have convinced the NCAA to have a "cleaner" field (canvas) for that TV advertising.

PAllen
May 3rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
What about this scenario? More advertising is being done with in-laid graphics on the TV...i.e. Pizza Hut logo appears on the field when the teams break the huddle for 1st down, Carnival Cruises on 2nd, Wells Fargo on 3rd down. That is all advertising revenue for the broadcaster and perhaps they have convinced the NCAA to have a "cleaner" field (canvas) for that TV advertising.

That could be it right there. I hate watching 2nd down brought to you by Pizza Hut following 1st down brought to you by Tostitos.