PDA

View Full Version : A Ga.St. fan gets it right!

GSUsTALON
April 30th, 2013, 11:52 AM
GSU_2012 of Panther Talk said... I am going to be honest, this University has an entitlement problem. It is in the students, in the fans, in the University. We feel like we should be given stuff because of where we are located, our market size, because another school has it, etc. And when we don't get it, we complain, see it as a total failure, and freak out. I saw this when I went to school there, I see it as an employee here now. I have even seen it in myself.

We felt entitled with this FCS program that was started a couple of years ago that we should have 25,000 fans every game, no matter who or when we were playing them. We felt entitled to having a winning program that would compete immediately. What is even more amazing and arrogant about this entitlement is that we had no history of winning or fan support. Yet, for some reason, we felt entitled to win all of these football games to massive crowds.

We felt entitled to going to CUSA, when reality is, we are not close to going to that conference and we should be lucky with what our facilities are that we are in the Sun Belt. Yet, for some reason, we felt like it was our God given right to be with Charlotte and ODU (even though those two schools have a fan base, revenue streams, and facilities, that we would dream about).

IBleedYellow
April 30th, 2013, 11:55 AM
This entire country has an entitlement problem.

Eaglesrus
April 30th, 2013, 01:48 PM
This entire country has an entitlement problem.

Sorry, IBY, I tried but got the infamous "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IBleedYellow again".

asumike83
April 30th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Sorry, IBY, I tried but got the infamous "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IBleedYellow again".

Took care of that for you.

Eaglesrus
April 30th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Took care of that for you.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to asumike83 again." Well, somebody else needs to help me out now.:)

AppAlum2003
April 30th, 2013, 04:41 PM
If you guys need someone to spread reputation points around to before giving them to these guys... I'm here.

dgtw
April 30th, 2013, 06:46 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to asumike83 again." Well, somebody else needs to help me out now.:)

Done.

mmiller_34
April 30th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Just repped everyone in this thread. Good comments, good teamwork, great friendliness.

Southern Bison
April 30th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Sorry IBY...me too. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IBleedYellow again

DJKyR0
May 1st, 2013, 12:52 AM
Toasting in epic bread.