PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Surprise of Week 1

Mr. Tiger
September 4th, 2006, 08:25 PM
What was the biggest surprise of Week 1?

1. Montana State beats Colorado
2. Portland State beats New Mexico
3. Illinois State nearly beats Kansas State
4. Indiana State scores 35 points against Purdue :eek:
5. Albany beats Lehigh
6. Wisconsin-La Crosse beats South Dakota State
7. Texas State struggles against Tarleton State
8. James Madison struggles against Bloomsburg

I did not include the Richmond win because I like many expected that to happen.

MR. CHICKEN
September 4th, 2006, 08:29 PM
DELAWARE STATE.......CLEANIN'..DUH RATTLERS CAGE.....:cool:.....AWK!

AppGuy04
September 4th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Coastal getting beat by Elon

igo4uni
September 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM
MSU beats Colorado.

No question about it.

TexasTerror
September 4th, 2006, 08:50 PM
I-A versus I-AA surprise...Montana St over Colorado...

I-AA versus I-AA surprise...Elon over CCU

I-AA versus lower division...South Dakota St losing to Div III power UW-Lacrosse...

Mr. Tiger
September 4th, 2006, 09:21 PM
DELAWARE STATE.......CLEANIN'..DUH RATTLERS CAGE.....:cool:.....AWK!

I don't know. Delaware State finished 7-4 last year and Florida A&M has struggled since the botched move to I-A. But Delaware State might just be the biggest surprise team of the year because they handled FAMU and looked pretty decent doing it. Hampton and South Carolina State better watch out.

MR. CHICKEN
September 4th, 2006, 09:41 PM
DELAWARE STATE..SURPRISED DUH RATTLERS LAST YEAR...DESPITE.....A&M'S WOES........DEY SHUDDA BEEN READY FO' DUH HORNETS...DIS TIME.........STATE...WAS PICKED MIDDLE UH DUH ROAD...IN DUH MEAC........SEVERAL I-A TRANSFERS...(AN' UH GOOD COACH)....WILL QUIETLY GET DUH BROS...ATTENTION DIS SEASON........AN' WHO KNOWS.....IFIN' DUH BLUEBIRDS...PREFORM...........DAT IN-STATE RIVALRY....JES' MIGHT COME TA FRUITATION......IN LATE NOVEMBER......;).....AWK!

Grizo406
September 5th, 2006, 12:53 AM
I-A versus I-AA surprise...Montana St over Colorado...

I-AA versus I-AA surprise...Elon over CCU

I-AA versus lower division...South Dakota St losing to Div III power UW-Lacrosse...

Agree, TT!

The Bobcat's win over CU was great for Montana, the BSC, I-AA, and I can't thank 'em enough for it.

SDSU's loss shocked me the most. Now if we don't hang at least 100 on 'em next weekend, we're gonna' take some heat, and drop in the polls...again.;)

Prominent0ne
September 5th, 2006, 09:34 AM
I know it didn't look it, but there's an ongoing discussion about the stats on the South Florida/McNeese St. game on GeauxCowboys.com. This was a battle until the end of the 3rd quarter. Either team had a chance to pull this one out and it happened to be S. Florida. The stats really don't tell the story and a resident poster went through the game and agreed the total number of yards seen in boxscores were inaccurate.

McNeese dominated the line for 2 1/2 quarters until numbers caught up with us. It was a fun game to watch until the 4th. That was a surprise in itself. Look out SLC

RabidRabbit
September 5th, 2006, 10:17 AM
I know it didn't look it, but there's an ongoing discussion about the stats on the South Florida/McNeese St. game on GeauxCowboys.com. This was a battle until the end of the 3rd quarter. Either team had a chance to pull this one out and it happened to be S. Florida. The stats really don't tell the story and a resident poster went through the game and agreed the total number of yards seen in boxscores were inaccurate.

McNeese dominated the line for 2 1/2 quarters until numbers caught up with us. It was a fun game to watch until the 4th. That was a surprise in itself. Look out SLC

The USF/McNeese game was very good, as stated for 2.5 quarters. McNeese was very competitive during thiis time. However, defense spent much time on field, and offense, other than one drive, seemed to be MIA. However, the long snaps for punts killed McNeese. Get this resolved, and 14 points drop off of USF's results. McNeese should be very competitive in the SLC.

Prominent0ne
September 5th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Get this resolved, and 14 points drop off of USF's results.

Completely agree. Plus the 80 yard run with no time remaining. Take all three off because of mistakes and we're looking at a 20-10 game. I came away impressed with the way our D carried themselves in Tampa.

McNeese72
September 5th, 2006, 10:54 AM
The USF/McNeese game was very good, as stated for 2.5 quarters. McNeese was very competitive during thiis time. However, defense spent much time on field, and offense, other than one drive, seemed to be MIA. However, the long snaps for punts killed McNeese. Get this resolved, and 14 points drop off of USF's results. McNeese should be very competitive in the SLC.

South Florida has a damn good defense. That had a lot to do with our offensive production or lack there of.

By the way, who is this guy below? He sure blended in well with our tailgaters.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/usf06tgsdstfan.jpg

It was nice meeting you and your wife. I've already forgot your name. I think it was Allen and Lena or something like that, but I'm probably wrong. I'm bad at remembering names.

Doc

ngineer
September 5th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Montana State's win was huge. Could be the biggest surprise of the year. Then, again, I hope there are more surprises like that one!:thumbsup:

GtFllsGriz
September 5th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I'd say the Cats over Colorado. Many, including this poster, believed that the Cats would really be down this year. Obviously, that is not the case. If they ever start winning ALL the games that they SHOULD win they will be a force not only in the BSC but the nation.

Hope we play the Cats for all the marbles in November. I would love for both Montana teams to be in the playoffs.

Prominent0ne
September 5th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I would love for both Montana teams to be in the playoffs.

Won't you have to fight Portland St, N. Arizona, and N. Colorado for that spot?

That's 5 teams in the Big Sky fighting for playoff spots that I've heard or seen are capable of winning that conference. I, for one, glad McNeese is not in the Big Sky this year.

GtFllsGriz
September 5th, 2006, 12:18 PM
You are absolutly correct. I was not discounting any of the other teams, merely stating what I would like to see happen. It is going to be a dog fight as always.

McNeese75
September 5th, 2006, 02:09 PM

:D Guess you better hope that offense is still MIA come Sept 30th. I did see where there are several changes (good ones IMO) in the depth chart for this weeks game so time will tell. :nod:

RabidRabbit
September 5th, 2006, 02:44 PM
:D Guess you better hope that offense is still MIA come Sept 30th. I did see where there are several changes (good ones IMO) in the depth chart for this weeks game so time will tell. :nod:

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: DOGGONE RIGHT!!!! :D I hope that a tough Jacks team shows up, rather than the team which faced UW-LaCrosse. : smh : : smh :

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2006, 02:48 PM
A mild surprise... but Villanova piling up offense against Central Florida.

LacesOut
September 5th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Montana State over Colorado, for sure, for me anyway. I just about fell off the barstool when I saw that score come across the ESPN ticker.

Congrats to them. It would be nice to see them in playoffs, instead of Montana all the time!!!

dctribefan512
September 6th, 2006, 12:55 PM
1. MSU over Colorado
2. Elon beating CCU
3. Seeing fans spit in an opposing teams water cups on the sidelines.....then again, this was at MD so I shouldn't really be surprised by that.....