PDA

View Full Version : ESPN love/hate

catbob
September 4th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I love the fact that we got some exposure on Sportscenter, but:

I believe he said "Michael Jefferson TO Cory Carpenter" - should've been FROM, but I might not have heard it correctly.

Also they said "Montana is ranked #3 in the I-AA polls..." - Yes, they are, but what does that have to do with anything?

Even funnier is they had a tagline on the bottom that said "Montana State is ranked #22 in the I-AA polls", so they contradicted themselves.

Also a lot of media outlets said we hadn't beaten a division I team in 22 years. Weird cuz I thought we beat one last November.

Silly, silly media.

catamount man
September 4th, 2006, 04:52 PM
They don't care and will never care as long as BCS and tv keep equaling(=) $$$$
and that is what is sad. But hey, 3 of our brethren struck a blow this week and that's what's got to happen to ever get respect. Keep fighting I-AA!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

elkmcc
September 4th, 2006, 05:22 PM
You will find no love/hate for my regard of ESPN's commentators. Drop the love and you are getting closer to my feelings. Right Ralph?

ISUMatt
September 4th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Tonight Herbstreit was saying boo to all the I-A's that schedule the I-AA, they are much to good to be lowering them to be playing us...then Mark May said boo to that because alot of those I-A's rely on that game for an extra win for the Bowl Elligibilty

bozbobcat
September 4th, 2006, 06:54 PM
First time poster here. It's just an alert.

It seems like these ESPN guys don't get it, especially talking about Montana State vs. Colorado. MSU won that game by playing better than Colorado. The ESPN commentators seem to think that Colorado more or less shot themselves in the foot and it didn't cross their mind for one minute that MSU was the better team that day. Of course, there's a bit of bias in my post. :smiley_wi

chattanoogamocs
September 4th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Back in the early days, I used to love ESPN/Sportscenter...it was a breath of fresh air...I and my college buddies would watch SportsCenter religiously.

But now, I rarely ever watch anymore....it is an age old problem, you love something when it is small and new and different...but mass popularity (and the almighty buck) is its own worst enemy...now the place is way too big...it is a monstrosity...and sadly whenever anything gets too big, it also typically gets lazy, complacent, and only provides programming for the masses...the content is delivered in a freezed dried, fast food, format with no out of the box thought.

September 4th, 2006, 07:27 PM
how can any I-AA follower stand ESPITN?

elkmcc
September 4th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I am just waiting to hear Herbie say how the MSU win was an "accident".

KiddBrewer
September 4th, 2006, 07:56 PM
hope you were listening, cause he sure as hell said it, and much more about how terrible I-AA's are