PDA

View Full Version : AGS Video Series.....Questions

ALPHAGRIZ1
April 27th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Ursus and I have been talking about attaining some professional video acquisition equipment. We have been kicking around the idea of creating mini documentaries of FCS games that we attend. (App St this year McNeese St next year etc) Once we got this going it wouldnt be limited to just Montana vs ____ games we could travel to the game of the week shoot and edit the doc for that game and upload it to AGS and other FCS sites.

Some of the questions we have are:

Is there a need for this kind of thing?
Would you guys like/use this kind of thing on here?
What would you like to see included in the videos?
Would you like a video section on this site? (I have a video vault on MaroonBlood.com for this kind of thing)
Would you be willing to donate to the acquisition of this kind of gear for the site?
Is anyone in a band that would like to either write music for these football videos or donate stuff you have already composed?

Feedback is greatly appreciated

Thanks

ALPHAGRIZ1
April 28th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Please stop posting comments.........we cant keep up with all of them.

Thanks

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 28th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I suggested a "Game Day" sticky a couple years ago. There should be a place to post tailgate pics, game photos, campus photos, videos etc.

gotts
April 28th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Is there a need for this kind of thing?
Would you guys like/use this kind of thing on here?
What would you like to see included in the videos?
Would you like a video section on this site? (I have a video vault on MaroonBlood.com for this kind of thing)
Would you be willing to donate to the acquisition of this kind of gear for the site?
Is anyone in a band that would like to either write music for these football videos or donate stuff you have already composed?

Yes
Yes
Pee in the butt*
Yes
Yes
Don't have anything musically donate, but would be willing to help financially.

*subject to change

clenz
April 28th, 2013, 10:47 PM
On CS I suggested the Montana at USD game this year become a get together game...

USD is just 4 hours from most UNI fans on the boards, SDSU fans are 2 hours, NDSU fans may make the trip (some, don't know who they play that week), Montana fans travel well, etc...

lionsrking2
April 28th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Great idea, would definitely have interest.

ALPHAGRIZ1
April 29th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Good idea clenz, if we can get this together that would be a great spot/game to break in the equipment and work on our video idea.

Professor Chaos
April 29th, 2013, 02:23 PM
You should do the Montana St/NDSU game.... oh wait.... nevermind.

walliver
April 29th, 2013, 03:15 PM
It sounds like a good idea, but the details may do it in.
1) You would probably need some type of press credentials to bring professional equipment into a stadium.
2) If your aim is to capture the highlights of the game, you will probably be so tied up in video capture that you don't personally get to enjoy the game.
3) As for donations, I don't think many non-Montana fans would open their wallets, unless you did a national game of the week (but that is getting very expensive)
4) Hosting video on the site could consume a lot of bandwidth. You would probably be better off posting to YouTube and providing a link to that site.

IF you do take the plunge, what I would like to see is something different from a TV station highlight reel.
1) Tailgating, especially if AGS'ers are involved.
2) Activity outside the stadium
3) Fan activity
4) Pregame rituals etc.
5) A pregame quote from each coach.

I also don't know if you really need "professional" equipment. A consumer grade camcorder, a recent computer with a large hard drive, and a basic editing program should be enough to get you started. With modern HDAVC camcorders, you do not necessarily have to copy all the video to the hard disk to edit it. A simple setup would be fine for web video (just remember to de-interlace the video prior to posting - the Wofford Football YouTube site occasionally forgets to do that). I would go ahead and spring for external microphones, though.

Good luck.

Silenoz
April 29th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I watch your youtube videos all the time.. so I need it

BEAR
April 29th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Make sure you make at least one "Harlem Shake" video at every stop you make. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
April 29th, 2013, 04:10 PM
It sounds like a good idea, but the details may do it in.
1) You would probably need some type of press credentials to bring professional equipment into a stadium.
2) If your aim is to capture the highlights of the game, you will probably be so tied up in video capture that you don't personally get to enjoy the game.
3) As for donations, I don't think many non-Montana fans would open their wallets, unless you did a national game of the week (but that is getting very expensive)
4) Hosting video on the site could consume a lot of bandwidth. You would probably be better off posting to YouTube and providing a link to that site.

IF you do take the plunge, what I would like to see is something different from a TV station highlight reel.
1) Tailgating, especially if AGS'ers are involved.
2) Activity outside the stadium
3) Fan activity
4) Pregame rituals etc.
5) A pregame quote from each coach.

I also don't know if you really need "professional" equipment. A consumer grade camcorder, a recent computer with a large hard drive, and a basic editing program should be enough to get you started. With modern HDAVC camcorders, you do not necessarily have to copy all the video to the hard disk to edit it. A simple setup would be fine for web video (just remember to de-interlace the video prior to posting - the Wofford Football YouTube site occasionally forgets to do that). I would go ahead and spring for external microphones, though.

Good luck.

Your last 5 are exactly what we've talked about. It's of course going to be a little bit about the teams/games but the focus is supposed to be primarily the fans/tailgates/rituals/events etc.

Would love to have a series from any of the schools in FCS but figure we're MT fans so that's where we will be so it's a good place to start and maybe be able to help others produce something like this for Wofford, Citadel, NDSU...you name it.

clenz
April 29th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Good idea clenz, if we can get this together that would be a great spot/game to break in the equipment and work on our video idea.

I would go.

That game seems like a great mutual spot that could draw Montana fans in the boards if we got uni the dsus etc on board

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

ALPHAGRIZ1
April 29th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Walliver,

These are some of the videos I have been putting together for the last few years. If you go on YouTube search for shadeyguy1 and you can find others.

The things we want to do will be similar to these but we have a different style and presentation we want to try out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU15UCzVSBo

P.S. - I can get press credentials if I need them for certain games.

ALPHAGRIZ1
April 29th, 2013, 07:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPpcL-xLPS0

ALPHAGRIZ1
April 29th, 2013, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9pPISDQvkY