PDA

View Full Version : I won't pretend I'm not worried about New Hampshire

Wildcatcoaster
September 4th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Northwestern hosts New Hampshire next week. The UNH offense looks prolific -- I'm definitely concerned -- especially after seeing what happened last week. We may be able to run on them, but I'm not sure we can stop them.

00bluehen
September 4th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Your approach is a wise one, 'cat. Not only are they prolific, but the staff is imaginative as all get out. You'll definitely see a sandlot play or two...or 8 :D

Go UNH! Go CAA-10!!

crunifan
September 4th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Ain't that the truth. I still watch the very last play they pulled against UNI last year in the playoffs. It almost worked too!

colgate13
September 4th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Northwestern's best plan is to keep the ball out of the hands of UNH. I think UNH wins a shootout.

Chi Panther
September 4th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Good Luck to UNH!!!! I really hope you win!!!!

BUT.....I don't think Northwestern is as bad as many people think on here.
Ralph, they play in your backyard.....you even know this.....

GO I-AA!!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 4th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Regardless of whether or not UNH wins, I will be disappointed if Santos and Ball can't roll up big yardage for the game.

UNH 1999
September 4th, 2006, 02:32 PM
with NU lhaving lost their coach, Randy Walker, i expect their players will be extremely fired up... there are all sorts of pregame activities lined up to honor him and I am sure the NU 'Cats will play with all sorts of emotion.

BUT, despite that, i anticipate UNH to give them a solid game.... who knows how it will turn out... thank God for webcasts!

ASU Kep
September 4th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Wow...I don't think I've ever seen a I-A fan come on here and say he's nervous about playing a lil' ol' I-AA. Much props, I-A fan, you know your stuff. UNH is indeed a great team, even if only on one side of the ball. Should be a great game.

UNHWildCats
September 4th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Wow...I don't think I've ever seen a I-A fan come on here and say he's nervous about playing a lil' ol' I-AA. Much props, I-A fan, you know your stuff. UNH is indeed a great team, even if only on one side of the ball. Should be a great game.

Are we still going on about the skewed defensive numbers from all the games last season when 2nd and 3rd string defenses were in the game?

Wildcatcoaster
September 4th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Here's why I'm nervous:
1. Look at last weekend;
2. My brother is a Colgate Alum -- I went to Northwestern. We always joke about what would happen in a head-to-head matchup. So I watched the I-AA playoffs last year. UNH just put on a clinic offensively against Colgate -- like 600 yards of offense and they called off the doogs early.
3. We can't stop mobile, stud QBs and receivers. Ryne Robinson of Miami put up 160 yards on us last week. Santos and Bell will get theirs.
4. Under the (tounge-in-cheek) transitive property of football, UNH beat UC Davis, who beat Stanford, who beat Arizona State, who destroyed Northwesterns.

Here's why I'm not nervous:
1. Randy Walker factor -- and lots of emotion in first home game since he passed
2. UNH will have trouble stopping T. Sutton, a stud RB and maybe the best in the Big Ten;
3. It's our second game, and UNH's first....
4. Our coach isn't taking it lightly.

So I don't know what to expect. I'd be happy to win in a high scoring affair, but nothing would surprise me.

UNH_ORACLE
September 4th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Does anyone know about television broadcast for this game?

This game is going to be awesome. This team is a step up from Rutgers, it will be a huge test for santos, ball, and the rest of the offense.

Wildcatcoaster
September 4th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Sorry....best option is probably wgn.com for a good radio feed.

AppGuy04
September 4th, 2006, 09:17 PM
This will be a TD fest