PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Replica Rings

IBleedYellow
April 24th, 2013, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this, but you can buy a "Fan" Ring celebrating the Back-2-Back Championship. There are quite a few other things in here.

Jostens NDSU Stuff (http://www.jostens.com/apps/specialty/northdakotastate/fans/productBrowse.mvc?catalogFilter=ELITE+SPORTS+HIS)

bojeta
April 24th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I think the key ring version is a good idea. Lets the fans have a commemorative item. Rings should be for players, and staff only.

Professor Chaos
April 24th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I think it's a joke, the rings should symbolize the personal contributions and sacrifices made to win a championship. Fans, as much as we may think we do, cannot make those requisite claims personally.

And at only $150 it's probably a pretty shoddy knock off anyway.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 24th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I think it's a joke, the rings should symbolize the personal contributions and sacrifices made to win a championship. Fans, as much as we may think we do, cannot make those requisite claims personally.

And at only $150 it's probably a pretty shoddy knock off anyway.

It's also oversized for that reason. It isn't an exact replica.

IBleedYellow
April 24th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I was more talking about the "Fan Ring."

The giant large ring doesn't bother me too much.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 24th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I was more talking about the "Fan Ring."

The giant large ring doesn't bother me too much.

Hey if you want to pay $300 for a ring, you can make it look any way you like. :D

I do like the keychain.

Professor Chaos
April 24th, 2013, 04:01 PM
They're both ridiculous and made for people who don't want to differentiate the field from the stands. I'm sure they'll make money off of them so more power to them. I just think it's a sad wanna-be mentality the people who buys those rings have. Sometimes there's a fine line between passion and delusion.

IBleedYellow
April 24th, 2013, 04:05 PM
They're both ridiculous and made for people who don't want to differentiate the field from the stands. I'm sure they'll make money off of them so more power to them. I just think it's a sad wanna-be mentality the people who buys those rings have. Sometimes there's a fine line between passion and delusion.

The keychain is pretty cool, I will give them that. With it being not as nearly as close to the actual ring, I'd be okay with buying that.

I just can see Lakes tailgating at the Cruiser with his big badass GIANT replica ring.

Actually, when I state it that way, I want lakes to buy one.

bojeta
April 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM
The keychain is pretty cool, I will give them that. With it being not as nearly as close to the actual ring, I'd be okay with buying that.

I just can see Lakes tailgating at the Cruiser with his big badass GIANT replica ring.

Actually, when I state it that way, I want lakes to buy one.

Totally agree. The keychain is no different than buying a poster or any other commemorative item. It doesn't imply you shared in the glory on the field, but only that you follow/support the team and rejoice in their success. Wearing a ring is being a poser. Feel the same about the Super Bowl replica rings. BTW.... The NDSU fans put forth some REAL effort. That traveling crowd was amazing!!

NoDak 4 Ever
April 24th, 2013, 04:28 PM

It seems the oversized ring is more of a paperweight or something to that effect. I didn't buy a NDSU ring when I was in college and I wouldn't now. Leave that up to the dopes at Concordia.

IBleedYellow
April 24th, 2013, 04:30 PM
It seems the oversized ring is more of a paperweight or something to that effect. I didn't buy a NDSU ring when I was in college and I wouldn't now. Leave that up to the dopes at Concordia.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

They are always so proud of their rings. What did it cost them, like $75,000 or $100,000?

NoDak 4 Ever
April 24th, 2013, 04:35 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

They are always so proud of their rings. What did it cost them, like $75,000 or $100,000?

Former WDAY meteorologist and Concordia grad Dana Turtle is here in Columbus and still wears his Cobber ring on air.

Bisonoline
April 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I can go with the fan ring, key chain and womens pendent. But if you buy the replica its poser time.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 24th, 2013, 07:43 PM
I can go with the fan ring, key chain and womens pendent. But if you buy the replica its poser time.

yeah, you got problems if you are doing that.

Thundar
April 24th, 2013, 08:20 PM

I like the keychain, but no way I buy a ring, just think 10 yrs from now the Bisonville guys claiming they were on the team......lol

HailSzczur
April 24th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Find it interesting that the trophies on the ring aren't even close to the NCAA trophy (not that it's a pretty looking trophy to put on) but instead bear a lot of resplendence to the Lombardi trophy

NoDak 4 Ever
April 25th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Find it interesting that the trophies on the ring aren't even close to the NCAA trophy (not that it's a pretty looking trophy to put on) but instead bear a lot of resplendence to the Lombardi trophy

The ring is at least double the size of a real ring. It would look comically oversized.

It's 2 inches by 2 inches which is roughly the size of a small cupcake.

There was some talk on Bisonville about that. Not sure what they were going for there.

AmsterBison
April 25th, 2013, 12:32 PM
The ring is at least double the size of a real ring. It would look comically oversized.

It's 2 inches by 2 inches which is roughly the size of a small cupcake.

Use it as a belt buckle?

Bisonator
April 25th, 2013, 02:04 PM

I agree with this.

Bisonoline
April 25th, 2013, 04:19 PM

Unfortunatly that mentality has seeped down to the high school level as well. Youve got idiots buying HS championship rings.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 25th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Unfortunatly that mentality has seeped down to the high school level as well. Youve got idiots buying HS championship rings.

Dignity appears to be taking it's final breaths.

Twentysix
April 26th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Having a replica ring to wear would be pretty lame. But having this would be amazing!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/922864_10151632766769532_1608202441_n.jpg

I don't mean the picture, the actual rings in a black velvet display case. That's a lot of history, would be a great display for a bison room.

Bisonator
April 26th, 2013, 12:22 PM
The picture is good enough for a fan. The actual rings are earned by the players and coaches.

Twentysix
April 26th, 2013, 12:34 PM
The picture is good enough for a fan. The actual rings are earned by the players and coaches.

Disagree, having that picture would be hilarious. It's like having a 6x10 of the Mona Lisa. Having the actual rings in a display case is like collecting cars, or art. One ring would be a little weird, unless you kept it in a case with 10 slots and were slowly acquiring all of them.

Grizo406
April 26th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Dignity appears to be taking it's final breaths.

xlolxxlolxxthumbsupx

Grizo406
April 26th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Seems like more than a few posters like the key chain idea. I do too!

But, if you guy's are serious about key chains, I'd suggest checking these out:

http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/88634714/IMG_5581.JPG

Once again, you're welcome!

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Seems like more than a few posters like the key chain idea. I do too!

But, if you guy's are serious about key chains, I'd suggest checking these out:

http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/88634714/IMG_5581.JPG

Once again, you're welcome!

Heck I think it's cool you found a use for some of your old shoes Grizo. Good work.

Twentysix
April 26th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Heck I think it's cool you found a use for some of your old shoes Grizo. Good work.

Those were for Ken dolls before he put them on key rings, right?

Grizo406
April 26th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Those were for Ken dolls before he put them on key rings, right?

So, your Ken dolls are still wearin' Adidas, huh?!!?

Twentysix
April 26th, 2013, 08:59 PM

They are action figures! They all wear Nunn Bush Moccasins.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2013, 10:39 PM

Yeah so what? I'm not letting you borrow them Grizo. I don't care if you need some lesser quality footwear so you can go and paint your gingerbread house, use the ones you made keychains out of!

Stop asking or I won't push you around in Barbie's Pink Corvette anymore.

Grizo406
April 27th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Wow! I was just tryin' to have a little fun, and you step in and cut me more deeply than you can ever imagine!!! Hope you're happy!